PDA

View Full Version : Lobby to bring back Al-Sahariar - requires fans effort

aosaif
February 9, 2006, 11:46 AM
I'm no Al-Sahariar loyalist. But the guy scored 560 odd runs in the recently concluded Premier League, becoming the top Bangladeshi batsman in the competition. I'm not saying he should be inducted to the playing 11 immediately (as was the case some years ago), but he definitely deserved to be included in the preliminary squad to face Sri Lanka. By not selecting him, whatmore & co. aren't giving themselves the chance to see him in action in the nets and see whether or not he's improved since he was last with the national team some years back. He is 27 years old, a great age to find form as you all know.

He should be selected for the preliminary squad, and if good enough, for the national team. If you agree with me then DO THE FOLLOWING:

Send an e-mail to BCCB asking them to consider Al-Sahariar's case: info@bcb-cricket.com

If anyone knows a better contact for BCCB then please include that in this thread, and I will update this first post accordingly. Also, if you want to contact BCCB by other means:

Navana Tower (5th Floor)
45 Gulshan Avenue
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Tel. +(880) 2 9888956, 9890530
Fax. +(880) 2 9888442

I don't know if we will be successful. I don't know if we are right. All I know is that this human being deserves a chance more than others. As fans, we cannot let this injustice pass. Yes there are other things more important in life, but if our failures in international cricket hurt you, maybe you can help find a remedy for this pain.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 4:49 PM GMT, by aosaif.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 11:58 AM
hmmmmm

Fazal
February 9, 2006, 12:09 PM
Oh...bacha gelo.....I was was worried reading the title.

I thought Mr. Loby is using his power/weight to bring back Al-Sahariar in the team.

nero
February 9, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, we can start.

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 12:35 PM
Rokon had another century in the league today.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 12:41 PM
Instead of Alok? I am all for it.

babubangla
February 9, 2006, 12:43 PM
বিসিবিতে না লিখে আমাদের উচিত দৈনিক পত্রিকাতে লিখা৷ ৷
নান্নুর সময়ের কথা মনে আছে?
মিডিয়া helped a lot.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 5:53 PM GMT, by babubangla.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2006, 01:09 PM
rokon? yuck yuck...he shouldn't be brought back unless he scores three back-to-back triple centuries under english conditions against a first-string county side as a member of a first-class BCB team.

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
rokon? yuck yuck...he shouldn't be brought back unless he scores three back-to-back triple centuries under english conditions against a first-string county side as a member of a first-class BCB team.

I am glad we have 20 other players who can do that.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 01:13 PM

lol ATMR, can any of current/old players including Lara bradman did that? I just thought the bar is too high for him. rather than 3 back to back 1 should surfice.

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 01:18 PM
then we should start sending e-mails to dailies.
what are their e-mailing address

babubangla
February 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye

lol ATMR, can any of current/old players including Lara bradman did that? I just thought the bar is too high for him. rather than 3 back to back 1 should surfice.

He is talking about 3 back-to-back triple centuries . :lol: Does any one in the history of cricket ever scored a back-to-back triple centuries?

If Rokon scores three back-to-back triple centuries under english conditions against a first-string county side, I guess he will not have time to play for the Bangladesh National team--he will be busy playing for the english counties.

nero
February 9, 2006, 01:51 PM
ATMR, I think u don't know cricket, so not making joke or Criticize

sadi
February 9, 2006, 01:56 PM

lol..... comment of the day..... I hope you are joking... are you :duh:

Fortuner
February 9, 2006, 02:02 PM
I am in 4 Shahriar only for ODI's for 1 match only....

aosaif
February 9, 2006, 02:18 PM
OK I just wrote an e-mail to BCCB. Here's a copy:

To: Chief Selector Faruk Ahmed

As a Bangladeshi and an ardent follower of cricket in Bangladesh, I must say that I find your decision to exclude former national batsman Al-Sahariar Rokon from the preliminary squad to face Sri Lanka this month, to be both arrogant and unwise. He has scored 560-odd runs in the recently concluded Premier League, becoming the top Bangladeshi batsman in the competition. I am not saying he should be inducted to the playing 11 immediately, but he definitely deserved to be included in the preliminary squad to face Sri Lanka. By not selecting him, you aren't giving yourself, Dav Whatmore & Habibul Bashar a chance to see him in action in the nets and see whether or not he's improved since he was last with the national team some years back. He is 27 years old, a great age to find form as you should and probably do know.

I respect you tremendously, as a former batsman of the Bangladesh National Team and now as the Chief Selector. You have made many good decisions in the past, even if they were not popular with the fans. However, I feel that I must alert you to what I see as a touch of arrogance, perhaps not with you in particular, but with the selectors in general. You have stated again and again that one good season in the domestic league is not good enough to gain entry to the national team, however, you have seen for yourself how our established national team batsmen have struggled in the domestic league. Why is it that you believe that these batsmen can improve within 15-20 days to be good enough to compete against Sri Lanka? Rather, I believe Mr. Rokon would improve leaps and bounds under the guidance of Dav Whatmore. And if he really is not good enough, then you don't need to include him in the final 11, but he definitely deserves the chance to practice in the nets and show his class.

If you can include a 16-year-old Musfiqur Rahim in the national team to face England's fearsome bowling attack in terrible batting conditions, then why can't you select the more experienced, in-form, and prime-aged Al-Sahariar Rokon on the excellent batting tracks for Bangladesh?

I hope my comments do not appear aggressive, however, I am stupyfied by the selectors' decision to exclude Mr. Rokon, and I hope that you will review this decision and change it so that he can be considered for the Sri Lanka series, or perhaps the Australian series and the proposed triangular series between Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

Abdullah Omar Saif

nero
February 9, 2006, 02:25 PM
Why not 1+? and test match?

brikonwall
February 9, 2006, 02:32 PM
Can we just let our selectors do their job?....the future doesn’t look that good when all of us are trying to become selectors. Shahriar had his chances, he couldn't do anything. I think he needs to prove more. I mean, I am not convinced yet. If the BCB listens to all in favor of his inclusion, has to also listen to all who are against it. At least, Alok did some good things in his career (like a Hat-trick or a poised 36 in the WC against SL). Shahriar did NOTHING...I remember the way he got out against Kenya...he was caught behind....still photo shows he was looking at the sky when the ball touched his bat...a person who touched a cricket bat for the first time does better than that.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 7:34 PM GMT, by brikonwall.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by aosaif
OK I just wrote an e-mail to BCCB. Here's a copy:

To: Chief Selector Faruk Ahmed

As a Bangladeshi and an ardent follower of cricket in Bangladesh, I must say that I find your decision to exclude former national batsman Al-Sahariar Rokon from the preliminary squad to face Sri Lanka this month, to be both arrogant and unwise. He has scored 560-odd runs in the recently concluded Premier League, becoming the top Bangladeshi batsman in the competition. I am not saying he should be inducted to the playing 11 immediately, but he definitely deserved to be included in the preliminary squad to face Sri Lanka. By not selecting him, you aren't giving yourself, Dav Whatmore & Habibul Bashar a chance to see him in action in the nets and see whether or not he's improved since he was last with the national team some years back. He is 27 years old, a great age to find form as you should and probably do know.

I respect you tremendously, as a former batsman of the Bangladesh National Team and now as the Chief Selector. You have made many good decisions in the past, even if they were not popular with the fans. However, I feel that I must alert you to what I see as a touch of arrogance, perhaps not with you in particular, but with the selectors in general. You have stated again and again that one good season in the domestic league is not good enough to gain entry to the national team, however, you have seen for yourself how our established national team batsmen have struggled in the domestic league. Why is it that you believe that these batsmen can improve within 15-20 days to be good enough to compete against Sri Lanka? Rather, I believe Mr. Rokon would improve leaps and bounds under the guidance of Dav Whatmore. And if he really is not good enough, then you don't need to include him in the final 11, but he definitely deserves the chance to practice in the nets and show his class.

If you can include a 16-year-old Musfiqur Rahim in the national team to face England's fearsome bowling attack in terrible batting conditions, then why can't you select the more experienced, in-form, and prime-aged Al-Sahariar Rokon on the excellent batting tracks for Bangladesh?

I hope my comments do not appear aggressive, however, I am stupyfied by the selectors' decision to exclude Mr. Rokon, and I hope that you will review this decision and change it so that he can be considered for the Sri Lanka series, or perhaps the Australian series and the proposed triangular series between Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

Abdullah Omar Saif

well done :up:

Spitfire_x86
February 9, 2006, 02:42 PM
I don't feel sorry for Rokon at all. He has let us down so many times before.

At best, he deserves a chance in the ODI series against Kenya

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 7:47 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

akbar1
February 9, 2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Instead of Alok? I am all for it.

Yes...BUT Alok in an all rounder while this guy is a top order bats man.

We just don't need a top order guy at the moment in the national team. Sharier Nafes and Javed omar is doing well. Nafis Iqbal is not bad too.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for him, that he is getting all the runs and what not. He is in the A team, so let him play some good knocks.

Fazal
February 9, 2006, 02:49 PM
If people say let the selector do their job, I agree with that in general term.

If people say Rokon need to prove more before he should be considered, even though I don't agree, I can understand that.

But looks like people have some personal grudge against him, based on what he have done 2/3 years ago not what he have done now. Thats pretty disapointing to me. We should go beyound that for the sake of our team.

I personally never liked the way Alok was brought back into the team, therefore I continue to make fun of him. But trust me, If Alok was broght back to the team with due process, ( i.e. only after showing comanding performance), even I wouldn't complain.

People make mistake. Some learn from their mistake, and they change. For a while Rokon is performing well. Whats wrong giving him another chance to see whether he have changed or not? Whats the point of still holding the grudge against him based on what he have or haven't done 2/3 years ago?

What we have to loose? One less game for Alok Kapalia, Rajin or Tushar or evel Aftab? Is it too much to loose?

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 7:59 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Reason: typo

Fazal
February 9, 2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by akbar1
Nafis Iqbal is not bad too.

Trust me ... he is bad... pretty bad now a days.

Now that doesn't mean he will be back to 'good' again, but for now.... he is bad.

babubangla
February 9, 2006, 02:54 PM
I was looking at the test career of Al-Shariar.
22.76 average in 15 Test matches; isn’t it one of top class average among the Bangladeshi batsmen?

Match: 15
Innings: 30
Runs: 683
Average: 22.76
Half Century: 4
Innings in 2002-3 (season last played): 67, 12, 6, 18, 71, 30, 27, 25, 34, 0, 36
Runs in his last international season: Innings: 11, Run: 326, Average: 29.63

Career average of our other leading players:
Habibul Bashar: 33.97
Md. Ashraful: 23.50
Javed Omar: 22.55

Why the selectors drop him from the test side in the first place?

aosaif
February 9, 2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

If people say Rokon need to prove more before he should be considered, even though I don't agree, I can understand that.

But looks like people have some personal grudge against him, based on what he have done 2/3 years ago not what he have done now. Thats pretty disapointing to me. We should go beyound that for the sake of our team.

I personally never liked the way Alok was brought back into the team, therefore I continue to make fun of him. But trust me, If Alok was broght back to the team with due process, ( i.e. only after showing comanding performance), even I wouldn't complain.

People make mistake. Some learn from their mistake, and they change. For a while Rokon is performing well. Whats wrong giving him another chance to see whether he have changed or not? Whats the point of still holding the grudge against him based on what he have or haven't done 2/3 years ago?

What we have to loose? One less game for Alok Kapalia, Rajin or Tushar or evel Aftab? Is it too much to loose?

Exactly my sentiment! Also, even if he doesn't score a 50 every innings, he will score some, and I bet you he wouldn't do worse than any of these other "international standard" batsman.

nero
February 9, 2006, 03:09 PM
Brikonwall,
Tel me (not only Kenya wc '03 all matches) which still photo shows any players was looking at the boundary when the ball touched his bat?

Tests analysis
Kapali
mat inns no runs hs ave 50s
16 32 1 559 85 18.03 2
Rokon
15 30 0 683 71 22.76 4

Kapali is beater than Rokon, is it?

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 03:09 PM
report on yesterday's innings of rokon from new age:
Awesome Al Shahriar
STAFF CORRESPONDENT

Discarded national batsman Al Shahriar continued his rich form cracking another century but his team Dhaka division failed to capitalise on his effort as Khulna division bowlers took all the wickets to check Dhaka’s progress at 250 on the first day of the Ispahani Mirzapore National Cricket League at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium on Thursday. In the other matches of the day, Rajshahi bowled Chittagong out on 216 and Barisal routed Sylhet for 193.
Al Shahriar scored 102 off 90 balls cracking 15 fours and three sixes but Dhaka failed to pile a big score after Shiploo grabbed five for 69. Al Shahriar who has scored six consecutive half-centuries and scored 49 in the one-dayer on Wednesday reminded the national selectors of his potential. Kamrul 35, Mehrab Hossain 23 and number nine batsman Arafat Sunny scored 48 were the other notable contributors. Ziaur Rahman captured four for 75 runs. However at the end of the day Khulna were toiling at 91 for three. Najmus Sadat was batting on 48 when stumps were drawn.
At the Rajshahi Divisional Stadium, all five bowlers of Rajshahi were among the wickets as Chitagong made 216. Ehsanul Huq was the top scorer with 94 while Nazimuddin chipped in with 32. However, the other Chittagong frontline batsmen including Nafees Iqbal, who scored 13, disappointed. Alamgir Kabir took two for 38, Forhad Reza captured three for 33 and Mushfiqur Rahman took three for 52. Rajshahi replied with 68 for one with Farhad Reza and Farhad Hossain batting on 33 and 11 respectively.
Barisal surprised visitors Sylhet at the divisional stadium halting them on 193. The two Golam brothers Rahman and Mowla contributed 22 and 47 respectively. Rana Miyah scored 30 and Sylhet was in debt to national pacer Tapash Baisya who scored 41 batting at number seven. Hannan Sarker and Imran Ahmed remained not out on 22 and 21 to mark a successful day for Barisal.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 03:15 PM
the thing is we don't have class batsman like India... India has atleast 5 class batsman who are automatic choice... so its hard for someone to come from domestic cricket and get a chance... for us, apart from bashar, ashraful and now maybe shahriar nafees, I don't see anyone I can count on... so why not give a chance to someone who is in form... there is a saying in cricket... pick an in form bad batsman rather than out form good batsman to get you runs... I am not saying Rokon is a bad batsman... in Bangladesh, the difference in quality batsman between national team and A team is very slim....we have nothing much to lose trust me... just remember last couple of series and what our batsman did... but if Rokon can get himself back in the national team and can score like he is now, it can't hurt.....

nero
dear fazol, read Babubangla pls.

sadi
the thing is we don't have class batsman like India... India has atleast 5 class batsman who are automatic choice... so its hard for someone to come from domestic cricket and get a chance... for us, apart from bashar, ashraful and now maybe shahriar nafees, I don't see anyone I can count on... so why not give a chance to someone who is in form... there is a saying in cricket... pick an in form bad batsman rather than out form good batsman to get you runs... I am not saying Rokon is a bad batsman... in Bangladesh, the difference in quality batsman between national team and A team is very slim....we have nothing much to lose trust me... just remember last couple of series and what our batsman did... but if Rokon can get himself back in the national team and can score like he is now, it can't hurt.....

rudro
February 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by babubangla
22.76 average in 15 Test matches; isn’t it one of top class average among the Bangladeshi batsmen?

Innings in 2002-3 (season last played): 67, 12, 6, 18, 71, 30, 27, 25, 34, 0, 36

Babubangla,
I had asked the same question in Rokon's thread I created. No one knows an answer to that. Those who are writing against him is not looking at his form, looking at his ODI stats. But he showed this time, his runs in prem. league came in ODIs. They don't understand. May be this is the right time for him to be in ODIs. May be this is the time for him to be AUS's Mike Hussey. Who knows. How old is Hussey? Isn't he 29?

For those who argues for the selection process to take its own course, letting know your feelings to the selectors is not interfering with the selection. How do you know that what they are doing is the right thing?

And one more question: Name 11 players in this squad who did not let us down.

nero
February 9, 2006, 03:52 PM
Another Shahriar reminder

Shahriar, unwisely ignored by the selectors for this month's home series against Sri Lanka despite being in a purple patch that started in the Premier Cricket League, fought a lone battle to propel the Dhaka innings with yet another authoritative knock at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium. (Daily Star)

brikonwall
February 9, 2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by nero
Brikonwall,
Tel me (not only Kenya wc '03 all matches) which still photo shows any players was looking at the boundary when the ball touched his bat?

Tests analysis
Kapali
mat inns no runs hs ave 50s
16 32 1 559 85 18.03 2
Rokon
15 30 0 683 71 22.76 4

Kapali is beater than Rokon, is it?

I take you have a very limited understanding of basics of cricket...it is quiet ok. But what is not ok is, a top order batsman of a test country looking at the sky or boundary when the ball touches the bat. A TRUE batsman will keep eye on the ball from the moment the bowler is about to release the ball till well after he hits the ball. Just hitting and not looking at the ball is not good enough, the batsman has to make sure that the ball is going towards a safe place for him to go for run.

You forgot to use the bowling analysis when you compared Kapali with Shahriar.

nsd3
February 9, 2006, 04:03 PM
I think Rokon had been given a lot of chances, which he wasted being a stubborn batsman without giving attention to what he was supposed to do in the middle of the matches he played. He usually scores runs but fails in int'l matches. There are players in Aus, Eng as well who score loads of runs but can't translate it in int'l scene. They are "Asset" of cricket but not "Star".

With these assets we need to nurture our domestic structure giving others a chance to play them at home. However, stars get produced playing these assets. Other Assets like Rokon could be Mushfiq (ex Nat'l), Shahzada (Rajshahi), Jamaluddin, Faisal Dickens etc.

Conclusion: Keep Rokon in domestic league (with respect: being captain of Dhaka) so others get introduced to his style playing with him. Asset will help produce Stars in the process. No Rokon in the Nat'l Team, enough is enough!

nero
February 9, 2006, 04:05 PM
Brikonwall,
Actually I’m asked u, which the player performance before 3 years? Not understanding of basics of cricket, ok.

brikonwall
February 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by rudro
Babubangla,
I had asked the same question in Rokon's thread I created. No one knows an answer to that. Those who are writing against him is not looking at his form, looking at his ODI stats. But he showed this time, his runs in prem. league came in ODIs. They don't understand. May be this is the right time for him to be in ODIs. May be this is the time for him to be AUS's Mike Hussey. Who knows. How old is Hussey? Isn't he 29?

For those who argues for the selection process to take its own course, letting know your feelings to the selectors is not interfering with the selection. How do you know that what they are doing is the right thing?

And one more question: Name 11 players in this squad who did not let us down.

Selector didn't coup and took over the selectors positions, they were elected. So, we have to keep faith in them. So far, this selection team has done a lot of good things...so just have faith in them.

SS
February 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
bring in Shahriar
after few years he need to have new career
bring in kapali
he guarantees like other batsmen another boli
whether they have forms or super flop
instead of holding bat they should hold jaru, sweep and mop
they will look cool jaru and balti
lanka abar bar korbo amader shob furti
kapali and Shahriar, were chosen earlier
could not provide any barrier
to the colapse and failure
Only one way, to omit them, will make us happier

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2006, 04:10 PM
ATMR, I think u don't know cricket, so not making joke or Criticize

2 din por por ei boarde ekekta....

btw...isnt it obvious that i'm being intentionally unrealistic? eta ki bujhay bolte hobe? "i hope you are joking..." wth?

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 04:12 PM
Its time for the selectors to:

Ok (openning the envelope) and the winner is

Select umpires who would give quick LBW to Rokon in the league matches.

Wag to Dog.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 9:15 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

brikonwall
February 9, 2006, 04:13 PM
Brikonwall,
Actually I’m asked u, which the player performance before 3 years? Not understanding of basics of cricket, ok.

I am sorry dude, I am having some problem understanding what exactly you are trying to say, but, the basics of cricket I talked about, needs to be there even before playing in the school cricket team, forget about national team.

nero
February 9, 2006, 04:16 PM
nsd3,
pls read the rudro and ans that. Also remind u career average of our other leading players:

now looking Rokon

Can given him change?

sadi
February 9, 2006, 04:16 PM
some people mentioned in this thread how Rokon was given enough chances before and he never utilized it... maybe he shouldn't have gotten so many chances back then when he wasn't ready for it... every player reaches a stage in his career when he understands his game better and learn how to get better knowing his strength and weekness... maybe its the time for Rokon... I am just afraid that now that he is ready, maybe he will never get a chance just because he got his chances before when he wasn't ready.

nero
February 9, 2006, 04:26 PM
brikonwall, Read all and learn enough basic cricket. Then u guys made a very good cricket teacher, not more than!

mahrookh
February 9, 2006, 04:54 PM
Atleast he will do better than chacha but make sure he doesn't bat untill the 4th down . Hopefully he will do good this time .

brikonwall
February 9, 2006, 05:16 PM
brikonwall, Read all and learn enough basic cricket. Then u guys made a very good cricket teacher, not more than!

oooooooK....again don't know you said, but guess it's right :lol:

billah
February 9, 2006, 05:29 PM
Someone please start a lobby to drop floppity flop Alok, that needs fan efforts also....:)

mahrookh
February 9, 2006, 05:42 PM
Who told Lobby to have "Chacha" in the team ? Srilanka is playing the final against the Aussies . So , watch out .

gravitY
February 9, 2006, 06:12 PM
Oh...bacha gelo.....I was was worried reading the title.

I thought Mr. Loby is using his power/weight to bring back Al-Sahariar in the team.

ami o tai vabchilam...

but i'm behind Rokon for one more chance!!

Flipper
February 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
He scored all these runs, fine! Call him for A team.

He was doing same sort of stuff last year, selectors did their job and sent him to India with the A team to play against quality opponent in Duleep Trophy. I think he scored three ducks, and a 20s in his 4 innings.

So, I think we could give him one more chance with the A team. Why do you people want him in the National team, knowing him enough, is beyond me.

CricTiger
February 9, 2006, 06:52 PM
No comments ...We have wasted enough energy on this issue.

shovon13
February 9, 2006, 07:01 PM

excellent insights fazal. hats off!

rokon atleast should've been selected for the priliminary squad. he has done a lot more than what alok has done during this domestic season. i think that alone should be able to justify his inclusion to the 20 man team.

shovon13
February 9, 2006, 07:03 PM
HAHAHAHAH....and u're quite a gentleman brikonwall. i feel bad for nero.

akabir77
February 9, 2006, 07:34 PM
Hmm again rokon and his stats....

Well I think he deserves a chance at least in the warmups.. even though i will never forget how he played in the last WC and i think I won't become happy on him reall soon but he can start closing the gap down by scoring big numbers where it matters.....

He at least should get a chance against kenya or if some one flops in the odis against srilanka....

I can't beleive i am taking his side:bird:

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 07:56 PM
It seems to me that the selectors think that there are some glaring weaknesses in Rokon's game which international bowlers can easily exploit but league bowlers can't. On the other hand, Alok's game is equally suitable for both. Ehsanul may have the same kind of problem as Rokon.

What do you think?

thebest
February 9, 2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Flipper
He scored all these runs, fine! Call him for A team.

He was doing same sort of stuff last year, selectors did their job and sent him to India with the A team to play against quality opponent in Duleep Trophy. I think he scored three ducks, and a 20s in his 4 innings.

So, I think we could give him one more chance with the A team. Why do you people want him in the National team, knowing him enough, is beyond me.

I think who are talking about Rokon's inclusion citing his average, present form and getting chance early the above is the answer.
Last year he was inform and average againest quality (though Indian pacers are not better than ours) is less than 2 and would one year make a difference? I have doubt.
Instaed we should write why Kapali is there?

aosaif
February 9, 2006, 08:37 PM
Pardon my intrusion here......but are you ALL just bickering or are some of you actually bothering to send e-mails? Cordial discussion is good, but I was hoping to "mobilize the masses" per say. Vis-a-vis.....stop thinking and start acting for Rokon!!!!!

cricman
February 9, 2006, 08:51 PM
Selectors can't ignore him forever, he'll get his chance, then flop and were going to have this conversation again in a couple of years on other cricketers like Tushar Imran etc.

cracky
February 9, 2006, 08:52 PM
I think selectors did the right thing by omitting Rokon. While I agree he played good cricket this season, I don't support his inclusion at this moment. Let him play one more season with such good form, then BCB can think about him. How many times we already saw Rokon performing good in local and practice matches, yet he always failed in real games. Even then he was given many chances to prove himself, but he couldn't. If Rokon is taken and like earlier time if he fails in real matches, the selectors will have to through him out forever. So, my suggestion is, let him prove himself by playing good consitent cricket for another season, then consider him. Entry to and exit from national team shouldn't be that easy. Just my two cents.

TheWatcher
February 9, 2006, 09:36 PM
Don't worry too much Saif bhai, Bangladeshi papers are already writting a lot about Rokon nowadays. I think it is safe to predict that he will be given a chance in the practice match against Kenya (unfortunately SL refused to waste their time playing any such match). If Rokon is smart enough, he will find his way into the national team from that point.

BappyHayat
February 9, 2006, 09:49 PM
Whatever you say guys...or whatever (bad) his performance is in International Cricket...its bloody damn true that at least he deserves a place in Bangladesh A team (I’m not asking for National Team at this moment…)

Now still if you guys want THREE CONCECUTIVE Triple Centuries in England or another Run-feast in Next season, I'll advise Rokon to Retire from all kind of cricket...there is a complete mockery going on against his performance...and I mean it :mad:

bdboy
February 9, 2006, 09:49 PM
সবাই বলে খুব প্রতিভাবান. দলে ঢুকলে তার প্রতিভা জলীয় বাসপ হয়ে ঊড়ে

CricTiger
February 9, 2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by bdboy

সবাই বলে খুব প্রতিভাবান. দলে ঢুকলে তার প্রতিভা জলীয় বাসপ হয়ে ঊড়ে

It's all about techniques and efforts not to let water to vaporize in a boiling situation

thebest
February 9, 2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by BappyHayat
Now still if you guys want THREE CONCECUTIVE Triple Centuries in England or another Run-feast in Next season, I'll advise Rokon to Retire from all kind of cricket...there is a complete mockery going on against his performance...and I mean it :mad:

I agree he should retire along with Kapali and Chacha. and give us a break agrguing for/againest them.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by cracky
I think selectors did the right thing by omitting Rokon. While I agree he played good cricket this season, I don't support his inclusion at this moment. Let him play one more season with such good form, then BCB can think about him. How many times we already saw Rokon performing good in local and practice matches, yet he always failed in real games. Even then he was given many chances to prove himself, but he couldn't. If Rokon is taken and like earlier time if he fails in real matches, the selectors will have to through him out forever. So, my suggestion is, let him prove himself by playing good consitent cricket for another season, then consider him. Entry to and exit from national team shouldn't be that easy. Just my two cents.

Who is not failing in the real matches? Most of our superstars are good for nothing... so why not pick someone who is atleast in form... and as far as performing one more season is concerned, he already performed constantly for 2 years and give me the name of a batsman who is constantly scoring runs in domestic cricket apart from maybe Javed Omar... Not Kapali thats for sure....

nero
February 9, 2006, 10:36 PM

u some of guys really unfair?

amin
February 9, 2006, 10:41 PM
rokon is the best with his recent performance, give him a chance now and he deserve it.

cracky
February 9, 2006, 10:46 PM
Well, it depends what counts as a failure to you.

Match 29
Total 374
Average 13.35
High Score 62*
100 0
50 2

Show me another example who played that many ODIs and has poorer record than him? Even Kapali , Mushfiq Babu has better stat than him. Give me a break. I have never seen Rokon playing good cricket against quality attack.

Originally posted by sadi

Who is not failing in the real matches? Most of our superstars are good for nothing... so why not pick someone who is atleast in form... and as far as performing one more season is concerned, he already performed constantly for 2 years and give me the name of a batsman who is constantly scoring runs in domestic cricket apart from maybe Javed Omar... Not Kapali thats for sure....

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 3:48 AM GMT, by cracky.

nero
February 9, 2006, 10:51 PM
BappyHayat,
Rokon was now 27. what a Ignore opinion u r!

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2006, 10:53 PM
what a good english speak form the you! :)

cracky
February 9, 2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, Rokon was now 27. He know batting best. Take national team to Rokon. He was give score 0 again.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 11:06 PM
Well, it depends what counts as a failure to you.

Match 29
Total 374
Average 13.35
High Score 62*
100 0
50 2

Show me another example who played that many ODIs and has poorer record than him? Even Kapali , Mushfiq Babu has better stat than him. Give me a break. I have never seen Rokon playing good cricket against quality attack.

well the point I am trying to make is that people do change for good some times... look at Attapattu... he was given so many chances and he was doing very poorly... trust me even poorer than Rokon but eventually he picked up his game... maybe he didn't take 29 games but thats not the point... sometimes players reach a stage when they understand their game better and transform into a totally different player... maybe Rokon went through that maybe not... but we would never know unless we give him a chance... afterall he is in form... better than other good for nothing batsman we have in the team who couldn't even score against local bowlers

PoorFan
February 9, 2006, 11:10 PM
Simple Answer on call for ROKON :

1. Call for National team is OUT of QUESTION.
2. Call for Kenya series is HIGHLY generous.
3. Call for A team is PURE generous.

Now those you are putting your valuable energy on sending e-mail to BCB, should search all those threads on ROKON and ALOK on Banglacricket and see how many times people discussed on them and how they feel. IMO, BCB did the perfect decision on Rokon this time.

BappyHayat
February 9, 2006, 11:16 PM
BappyHayat,
Rokon was now 27. what a Ignore opinion u r!

I know Nero...but if the selectors and some of our forum-mates keep ignoring him...its better to retire...in Bangladesh you cant expect a fair chance

nero
February 9, 2006, 11:34 PM
im just say, rokon will be back. Not ur support, comeback his own ability. tallent always flash couse only time.

imran78
February 10, 2006, 12:20 AM
rokon should be called to the A team along with ehsanul. i agree with the selectors in not selecting him for the national squad quite yet.

cracky
February 10, 2006, 12:51 AM
Is your name Liton by any chance?

im just say, rokon will be back. Not ur support, comeback his own ability. tallent always flash couse only time.

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 5:54 AM GMT, by cracky.

BappyHayat
February 10, 2006, 01:14 AM
Is your name Liton by any chance?

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 5:54 AM GMT, by cracky.

Harunur Rashid Liton?

aosaif
February 10, 2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Don't worry too much Saif bhai, Bangladeshi papers are already writting a lot about Rokon nowadays. I think it is safe to predict that he will be given a chance in the practice match against Kenya (unfortunately SL refused to waste their time playing any such match). If Rokon is smart enough, he will find his way into the national team from that point.

Hope you're right. I re-iterate.....I don't know if he's good enough.....but I am certain that injustice is being done here, in particular because most of our national batsmen disappointed in the recent domestic matches.

nero
February 10, 2006, 05:43 AM
It will really a gambling if Rokon getting for 1 game to prove himself for the national site on the against Keneyan.

guy_zin
February 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
It will really a gambling if Rokon getting for 1 game to prove himself for the national site on the against Keneyan.

so..let's e-mail rokon instead of mailing to bcb urging him not to gamble for 1 game to prove himself for the national site on the against Keneyan.

btw..do you have rokon's mail address or any other way to contact him?

-another guy here who reckon rokon deserved another call by faruk & gong for his reck-less devastations in this year's premier liga

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 4:00 PM GMT, by guy_zin.
Reason: ..reckonning rokon

thebest
February 10, 2006, 08:56 PM

Rokon is talented. What a joke. The only talented player in Bangladesh, believe it or not M Rana. Rokon is duck master. If you have questions check last year Dilip Trophy record after his awsome form in premier league.

BappyHayat
February 12, 2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by thebest

Rokon is talented. What a joke. The only talented player in Bangladesh, believe it or not M Rana. Rokon is duck master. If you have questions check last year Dilip Trophy record after his awsome form in premier league.

You can find lots of players with poor form in Dulip Trophy...why shooting Rokon Only?

I'm saying it again...whatever you guys say...rokon deserves a place again...

gravitY
February 12, 2006, 09:32 PM
wish to see him against Kenya.. at least!!

shaoun
February 12, 2006, 10:21 PM
in 2002 rokon was our best batsman that year. habibur form was very bad in 2002. he played some great innins against south africa. he scored 177 against namibia. rokons test record isnt all that bad either. recently in an interview habibur said rokon got his chance and he didnt prove himself. my question is when? i dont remember him playing any international match since the 2003 world cup. i could be wrong but i dont think he played any international match since then. he is in great form rightnow. i think he should be back for the test series against srilanka. he is playing much better then alok kapali. rokon deserves a chance atleast. he is in a good form i think he could make a comeback to the team.