PDA

View Full Version : Kenya-Zimbabwe tri-series confusion

MartinW
February 9, 2006, 01:45 PM
From Cricinfo just published:-

There remains, however, some confusion regarding the tri-series in Bangladesh which is due to start almost as soon as the Zimbabwe-Kenya one ends. A source close to the Bangladesh board said that it had not received any communication from Zimbabwe Cricket regarding its participation and that it was assumed that Zimbabwe would not be taking part. But Lovemore Banda, the ZC communications manager, told Cricinfo that Zimbabwe would be in Dhaka for the tournament.

Sauron
February 9, 2006, 01:48 PM
Nice! A very organized bunch. NOT.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 01:51 PM
Thank you Mr. Williamson for sharing the info. We are just happy that we would have a chance to play some matches before we face Australia.

If it is a Tri-series that would be great if not a series against Kenya is fine with most of us.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
I would definately like to see a triangular tournament where each team meets two times... zimbabwe won't be that strong though... I don't think Taibu will play

MartinW
February 9, 2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by sadi
I would definately like to see a triangular tournament where each team meets two times... zimbabwe won't be that strong though... I don't think Taibu will play

I would guess - and it is no more than that - that Bangladesh would arrange three or four ODIs against Kenya if ZImbabwe pull out, to give them a chance to field some new faces and also to make it worth the Kenyans travelling all that way.

As for Taibu, he is back in Zimbabwe but having nothing to do with cricket out there, so not a chance he would play. They will pick from the 22 contracted players of which Andy Blignaut is the most experienced.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
As for Taibu, he is back in Zimbabwe but having nothing to do with cricket out there, so not a chance he would play. They will pick from the 22 contracted players of which Andy Blignaut is the most experienced.

I don't understand how they can leave a player out like taibu... Did he refused to play or they just didn't bother to include him in the contract? Is there any other notable players who is out of the contract apart from Taibu?

MartinW
February 9, 2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by sadi

I don't understand how they can leave a player out like taibu... Did he refused to play or they just didn't bother to include him in the contract? Is there any other notable players who is out of the contract apart from Taibu?

Taibu quit international cricket after a provincial representative threatened him and his family twice and the board appeared to do little to help (they dispute this). He refuses to have anything to do with cricket in Zimbabwe (even club matches) while chairman Peter Chingoka remains in charge. Heath Streak and Stuart Carlisle have also quit.

mshakir56
February 9, 2006, 02:13 PM
I guess these two cricketing boards like to communicate through the media.

TheWatcher
February 9, 2006, 02:20 PM
ZC contracted players: Andy Blignaut, Elton Chigumbura, Charles Coventry, Keith Dabengwa, Terrence Duffin, Anthony Ireland, Blessing Mahwire, Bernard Mlambo, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Allan and Waddington Mwayenga, Edward Rainsford, Vusumuzi Sibanda, Gregory Strydom and Prosper Utseya.

They can at best make a selection out of this bunch who may have some chances against our A team. Don't see any reason why we should help ZC to run this kind of farce of international cricket.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 7:24 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 02:27 PM
it will be good even if the depleted zimbabue comes,we will have more matches.
i feel sorry for taibu,he was one of the most attractve young cricketers in the world.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 02:30 PM
thats a sad ending for Taibu. Well, let Zim come. It will interesting to see how Bangladesh does against Zim and Kenya when they are labeled as Favorite.

Rubu
February 9, 2006, 02:46 PM
Ha ha ha!

This is funny. Its the boards that should inform the media. But for BCCB and ZC, things are other way around. They wait for CI to go and tell them what is happening!

al Furqaan
February 9, 2006, 08:01 PM
what happened to barney rogers and mark vermulean? rogers was quite promising in BD in 2005.

sad for taibu but he has said he will return when chinggoka leaves.

i hope zimbabwe get their act together, because 9 test nations is not good enough.

islam
February 9, 2006, 08:14 PM
The bd board will be to scared to play and not invite kenya by them selves. :fire: