PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh squad likely today

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 03:11 PM
The Bangladesh Cricket Board is likely to announce a 15-member squad today for the upcoming one-day series against Sri Lanka starting from February 19.
BCB sources said selector Athar Ali Khan and coach Dav Whatmore have already finalised the list following a teleconference with fellow selectors Faruque Ahmed and Golam Nowsher, who are now in Sri Lanka to oversee the Bangladesh Under-19 team.
All-rounder Alok Kapali is set return to the squad after a one-year hibernation while Nafees Iqbal, Tapash Baishya, Tushar Imran, Enamul Haque Junior and Shahadat Hossain Junior are likely to be omitted from the 20-member preliminary squad, according to media speculation.

Newagebd >> (http://newagebd.com/spt.html)

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 8:28 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: Source added.

Mahmood
February 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
We must play Enamul at home. Also Nafees Iqbal is good at home, should be there.

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
All-rounder Alok Kapali is set return to the squad after a one-year hibernation while Nafees Iqbal, Tapash Baishya, Tushar Imran, Enamul Haque Junior and Shahadat Hossain Junior are likely to be omitted from the 20-member preliminary squad, according to media speculation.

lot of surprises there.

Taposh, Shahadat, Enamul are shockers. Who is the 3rd pacer than? and/or who is the second spinner? Has Rana finally won the selectors heart as a spinner? Is Chacha our 3rd pacer?

Nafis did bad again in the league today.

Could we get Mushfiqur Rahim in there as a pure batsman? I haven't checked the schedule for timing problems.

SS
February 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
Kapali is the man of luck i mean
who aint got that luck in national team
so all are same

all of them are same 20 to 30 runs contribution that is all about it to their name,
10 players scoring 20 average gives us 200...so all are same

They have Tech,video everything to find their fault, still they make the same mistake again and again.
May be some programmers over here can program their brains,
intsead of polao, give them some grains
otherwise they are all same.

with our bowlers calibre lanka will get past 270 in any given day...
whether tapash or russell play
even here we all are same

lanka is such a team with spirit
our players are no where to their merit
they play as long as it's count towards their own credit
hope they realize and fix mistake, we all waiting to see,desperate

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 8:49 PM GMT, by SS.
Reason: sepllin error

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
pagol bhai u2u check koren ar reply dan. Waiting :)

TheWatcher
February 9, 2006, 04:22 PM
I think Nazmul will be counted as the third pacer, have no clue what is Chacha's role in the squad. For the second spinner spot, Rana, I believe, will have to compete with his buddy Razzak (unless DW wants to follow ADW's example to play more than two SLA's together). Amardesh said Rajin may be given another try as an opener in place of JO.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 9:27 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Rubu
February 9, 2006, 04:27 PM
If taposh is not fit, nothing to do or say about it. But if he is fit, there is no reason for excluding him. We can keep Enamul in the squad in case the pitch is too spinner friendly. But in ODI, he does not get much chance because Rafique is a must, and Rana is ahead of Enam in ODI because of his batting and tight bowling. Is aftab fit to play? He might not do well, even if he is fit because he lacks match practice. Still better than tushar imran or alok chandra shaha. so, I guess I'll keep him. Golla is a delimma. Given his form we might keep him for this series. But we need to impose a rule on him that he must retire once the fielding restriction is over. Its just a punishment to watch his unability to take singles. as long as fielding restriction is there, he can keep the runs going with boundaries. so, here is my 12<hr>

Javed Omar: see above
Shahriar Nafees: No question asked
Aftab Ahmed: Most of his good work came in this position
Mohammad Ashraful: No question asked
Habibul Bashar: Does better come a bit late in ODI
Rajin Saleh: explained below
Khaled Masud: No question asked
Manjarul Rana: yes, ugly so what?
Mohammad Rafique: no question asked
Khaled Mahmud: Get the subtle hint - its your fairwell party.
Mashrafee Mortaza: no question asked
SK Russel: Leftie is needed, and deserves another show.
<hr>
some might ask why Rajin? He did pretty good in domestic matches and have not been given enough chances. His average still speaks for him.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 04:31 PM
looking at the team, I think rajin will open instead of javed omar and kapali will play in number six..... selectors are not bringing kapali back to keep him in the squad... they will give him a chance to play

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 04:51 PM
Can rokon be chosen from outside the 20,any possibility?
with his current form,he is a strong candidate.

mahrookh
February 9, 2006, 04:51 PM
Somehow that "chacha" got into the team !!!!!!

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 04:54 PM
its his farewell series
:joy::joy::joy:

mahrookh
February 9, 2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
Can rokon be chosen from outside the 20,any possibility?
with his current form,he is a strong candidate.

Atleast Rokon is better option than Chacha if he bats after 4th down .

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 10:00 PM GMT, by mahrookh.

al Furqaan
February 9, 2006, 05:19 PM
tapash should be in ODIs and dropped for test...

i would like enam and rajib in ODIs, but if the selectors dont then whatever...

nazmul should be given another chance, he was impressive at home agaisnt NZ and India

javed should sit in place of rajin or iqbal...only if they struggle should he be in ODI.

even if javed scores 30, his usage of 60-80 balls to do it is a liabilty. he should stick to test squad.

TheWatcher
February 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
So, I guess the most possible playing eleven in the first ODI is (since it is pretty much clear who will be in the 15 member squad)-

1. Shahriar Nafis
2. Rajin Saleh
3. Aftab Ahmed (I think JO will push Rajin over here if Aftab is not fit to play)
4. Ashraful
5. Bashar
6. Kopali
7. Rana
8. Pilot
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafee
11. Rasel

Super Sub: Razzak/Chacha

JO and Nazmul will be bench warmers.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 10:58 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

SMHasan
February 9, 2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SS
Kapali is the man of luck i mean
who aint got that luck in national team
so all are same

all of them are same 20 to 30 runs contribution that is all about it to their name,
10 players scoring 20 average gives us 200...so all are same

They have Tech,video everything to find their fault, still they make the same mistake again and again.
May be some programmers over here can program their brains,
intsead of polao, give them some grains
otherwise they are all same.

with our bowlers calibre lanka will get past 270 in any given day...
whether tapash or russell play
even here we all are same

lanka is such a team with spirit
our players are no where to their merit
they play as long as it's count towards their own credit
hope they realize and fix mistake, we all waiting to see,desperate

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 8:49 PM GMT, by SS.
Reason: sepllin error

It is very much like a poem, isn't it? To be honest I try to write a bit... but can you pls tell me did you write those as a poem?