PDA

View Full Version : 2 match threads in one day is possible

al Furqaan
February 9, 2006, 08:04 PM
yet again, i am starting a rather trivial thread...but i can't help myself, bangladesh about to start playing cricket again after a long break, u-19 dominance, et al is all making me quite giddy.

but we may have the extremely rare opportunity to have 2 match threads at the same time.

the u-19 wc final is scheduled for feb 19th also the first day of the BD-SL ODIs.

lets hope for that...although i am sure most members will struggle juggling from one match thread to the other.

tar pore to bdlive bhai er khela dakha to asey

Zunaid
February 9, 2006, 08:06 PM
We are the best fans in the world. We can handle 3 threads :)

akbar1
February 9, 2006, 08:52 PM
Let's hope for two wins in one day;)

Carte Blanche
February 9, 2006, 09:07 PM
The trouble of switching between GDTs if the U-19 team makes it to the finals would be a sweet one. Double the trouble if we win both matches. Which victory would be sweeter? ;)

Mahir
February 9, 2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
lets hope for that...although i am sure most members will struggle juggling from one match thread to the other.

As Doc Z said, we can handle multiple match threads in one day. But my fear is, will BC's server be able to take it ? The site went down in two of our u-19's three 1st round matches. :(

sadi
February 9, 2006, 09:31 PM
i will take under-19 win if they can win the final...... it will be great... it will be our first ever world cup

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Originally posted by al Furqaan

As Doc Z said, we can handle multiple match threads in oney. But my fear is, will BC's server be able to take it ? The site went down in two of our u-19's three 1st round matches. :(

That will be the ultimate day. (that means we would be in the final ofcourse)

People would donate to BC like they would do for Tsunami in order to stop the server from crushing on that day.

Lets use that for a fund raising drive...

Mahmood
February 9, 2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sadi
i will take under-19 win if they can win the final...... it will be great... it will be our first ever world cup

Didnt we win the U-14 World Cup Football once? I remember, it was a huge celebration untill the match video was shown on the tv.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 10:36 PM
that was plain cheating... hopefully this time it means a lot more

r56hg
February 9, 2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood

Didnt we win the U-14 World Cup Football once? I remember, it was a huge celebration untill the match video was shown on the tv.

That was not U-14 World Cup Football

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 4:06 AM GMT, by r56hg.

al Furqaan
February 9, 2006, 11:18 PM
i usually go completely silent in a match thread when watching the match live...i usually only comment once every 30 mins which means every 2-3 pages.

others post replies like the old days following matches on cricinfo.

i wonder if they do not watch the live broadcast or if they are just amazingly web-agile.

or perhaps i am just a web clumsy imbicile :lol:

the truth is, when i watch our beloved tigers live, i lose interest to post here. even tho i love BC and the members.

but part of is my computer, videos do not work on my desktop, and so i have to use my family's notebook to watch the match. and typing posts is quite tedious using the laptop. if it was the desktop i think i would reply fairly often.

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 4:20 AM GMT, by al Furqaan.

sunny747
February 10, 2006, 05:39 AM
Very good observation...........

Asif
February 10, 2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Mahmood

I think you are talking about Dana and Gothia cup... where our buira dhamra team beat little european boys to clinch the title