PDA

View Full Version : U-19 world cup quarter final lineup

Shafin
February 10, 2006, 07:22 AM
Saturday, 11 Super League quarter-final 1 (Bangladesh v England) R Premadasa Stadium, Khettarama, Colombo
Super League quarter-final 2 (India v West Indies) Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo
Super League quarter-final 3 (Zimbabwe v Pakistan) Nondescripts Cricket Club Ground, Colombo
Super League quarter-final 4 (Australia v Sri Lanka) P Saravanamuttu Stadium, Colombo
source:cricinfo

istiak
February 10, 2006, 07:33 AM
So amader ar akbar England ke harate hobe. It should be EASY:lol: We did it so many times in the recent past.

So we are almost in the semi now.

fy288
February 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
Bangladesh is the last team England would have liked to have faced (the whitewash still fresh in their minds!!!)

Still you never know what can happen on the day, but i fully expect BD to progress to the semi- final stage. Personally i feel BD should fear nobody in this tournament, THEY are probably the most feared team!!!

Shafin
February 10, 2006, 07:55 AM
we should not underestimate england though,they are in a very good form now,far good than they had in BD,they beat india before this tournament.
but again we are still much better then them,we will win,inshaallah:fanflag:

Mahmood
February 10, 2006, 07:57 AM
I feel sorry for India. Looks like they have the toughest schedule. Play West Indies in Quarter Final, If they can manage to win, play Bangladesh in Semi Final and if win that somehow, then there is the final.

It cant get any tougher than this.

Shafin
February 10, 2006, 08:19 AM
so its india or WI in the semi for bangladesh?

yaseer
February 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
so its india or WI in the semi for bangladesh?

Surely West Indies would be the prefered side in the semi-final for Bangladesh

At least they cant play our four left arm spinners better than India

Tigers_eye
February 10, 2006, 11:01 AM
This tread should be merged with the Abherath's thread.

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 4:01 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Tehsin
February 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
The uniqueness of the quarterfinal lineup is that all four asian sides (Sri Lanka as hosts, are favs over Australia- home field advantage) are the favorites and if all works out as planned, we'll see Asia taking over the Semis. What an amazing turn of events.

Let's not forget that Nepal still has the opportunity to go for the plate trophy. Their biggest worry will be South Africa.

Bangladesh and Pakistan have an easier route then India and (most definitely) Sri lanka. I also like the possible semi final lineups:

Bangladesh/England vs India/West Indies
Sri Lanka/Australia vs Pakistan/Zimbabwe

Tintin
February 15, 2006, 08:11 AM
The India - England semifinal is now in progress.

India 292/4 England 24/6

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 08:40 AM
is this the pie eating thread? Who is leading?

ekatturerBangalee
February 15, 2006, 11:10 AM
O my God! India thrashed England.
India: 292; England: 58

And we lost to this team? Hard to believe.....