PDA

View Full Version : Quote--Eng Captain hopes Bangladesh will underestimate them....

deshibhai
February 10, 2006, 10:44 AM
The following is from a cricinfo quotes article:
CI Link (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/quote/content/current/page/156062.html)

"All we can do is to go out there and give it everything and maybe Bangladesh might underestimate us."
Surely some mistake? Not at Under-19 level it isn't. England's captain, Moeen Ali, isn't exactly optimistic about his side's prospects of reaching the semi-finals of the U19 World Cup.

Mods: If this belongs instead in the match thread, please free to move it. :)

himu
February 10, 2006, 10:50 AM
England has lost consistently (all in Dhaka) against Bangladesh.
Moeen Ali is right in his assessment, complacency would be a big concern for Bangladesh. We have seen that against Uganda.

Sauron
February 10, 2006, 10:54 AM
How sweet!

Ei din din noy, aro din ache. Ei din'ere nitey hobe shei din'ero kache :)

himu
February 10, 2006, 10:59 AM
Is it not flattering? Others hope we under estimate them!

sadi
February 10, 2006, 11:55 AM
haha I know its sweet. We wont though and they will get another ruthless beating from us. Enjoy.

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

aar shara jibon amader National team sudhu mone mone ei kothai vebe ashlo.. jate opposition tader underestimate kore ar sei fake tara kisu kore felte pare!!

Really nice to see our side on the other side of the line here.. :)

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2006, 12:40 PM
hahahaha...this is the most awesome thing that i've heard in a long time! :lol:

this little comment is really making me feel proud...bechara pommies...kanday charsi ogore...:P

TheWatcher
February 10, 2006, 12:47 PM
Hope Ali's wish won't come true, it is high time our top order bats should start playing some sensible cricket.

betaar
February 10, 2006, 01:00 PM
And this is what Cricinfo says:

"They now face holders Pakistan in the quarter-finals while England have an equally daunting task against Bangladesh"

It feels good inside to see BD not at the receiving end..........and it should be an example to some of us crazy fans that if and when we do good we will get our well earned respect.............and when we do bad we should also accept the criticism and don't whine about it.

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
BTW... where is ROB anyway? ;)

betaar
February 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
Looks like some balancing act by Cricinfo.........

England's capatian said:

"All we can do is to go out there and give it everything and maybe Bangladesh might underestimate us."

Cricinfo stated:

"Surely some mistake? Not at Under-19 level it isn't. England's captain, Moeen Ali, isn't exactly optimistic about his side's prospects of reaching the semi-finals of the U19 World Cup."

Sauron
February 10, 2006, 01:15 PM
Read the CI comment again. Not a balancing act ... they r just trying to give it some background and drama.

pagol-chagol
February 10, 2006, 01:43 PM
Ei comment take frame e badhai kore BCCB office er Deyal e tangie deya jae.

e jibone eta shonar shoubhaggo holo eti to kom kotha noi.

kotha theke kothai uthe eshechi.

Where is MCC that that made our national team pee in their pants. In Dhaka too.

HMurad
February 10, 2006, 02:57 PM
I'm not worried about the quarter-final, I'm worried about the first semi-final against India.......What do you guys think???

mshakir56
February 10, 2006, 03:11 PM
Moeen Ali just gave away a secret.

Fortuner
February 10, 2006, 03:46 PM
Bagladesh u19 shldnt b too confident that they will defeat Eng u19 easily.

Oti ashai nekrishta fal...

bdboy
February 10, 2006, 08:41 PM
সুন্দৱ আগামীৱ সূর্য উদিত হচ্ছে।

Edited on, February 11, 2006, 2:00 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: typo fixed.

CricTiger
February 10, 2006, 08:49 PM
HIT AN RUN CASE
Chora mair thyar chesta korchey money hoi

CricTiger
February 10, 2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Murad
I'm not worried about the quarter-final, I'm worried about the first semi-final against India.......What do you guys think???

It can be WI too.

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2006, 09:01 PM
india will be tough....too bad we have to face them in the semis. i'd rather prefer meeting them in the finals. i hope they underestimate us.

mahbubH
February 10, 2006, 09:24 PM
I would prefer Zimbo instead of England for the QF.

BanglaMusic
February 11, 2006, 03:07 AM
i guess ali's prediction was right!

insideedge
February 11, 2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Murad
Your worry is over.

mshakir56
February 11, 2006, 12:31 PM
His wish came true.

CricTiger
February 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
My wish came true ..We are playing with WI .i SHOULD buy a lotto today.:mad::mad::mad: