PDA

View Full Version : Zimbos are getting ready for the march tri-series

Asif
February 10, 2006, 03:08 PM
Zimbabwe's coach Curran speaks out in public mentioning their future tasks in hand which includes 5 ODI series against Kenya and later a tri-series involving BD, ZIM and Kenya in bangladesh. He says it in a report published in cricinfo -

"I'm not there to be liked by players. I'm there to get results. But anyhow I do not think that that will still be an issue. I'm the one who helped them to sort out their contract problems. They owe me something. I have helped to incentivise the players. If they play well, they will earn more money." "We have a plan for Kenya. If we stick to that, there is no ways we can lose to them again. The bottom line is that we need to prove ourselves. There is also the series involving Kenya, Bangladesh and us coming up. We need to measure ourselves against these sides."

Report (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/236456.html)

Although, Bangladesh offered the march tri-series in january but due to rough conditions in zimbabwe cricket hinted that their participation will be unlikely. Therefore, Bangladesh was getting ready to play 4 ODI with Kenya if zimbabwe doesn't come. Now, the hopes for the tri-series have revived again. Zimbo players have signed a new contract with their board which will place them in the field again.

In another report published in cricinfo few days back said that zimbo players can't continue their strike anymore because the are BROKE. They haven't earned a dollar for years. Thats why they are returning to the game after signing new contracts with the board which agrees to pay them from now on despite a $200,000 of mis-management in match fees which the board owes to the players is still unresolved.

Guys, I cant wait for the tri-series to take place now. If our boys dont do anything stupid we will win the series and that will be our first ever tri-series triumph.

GO TIGERS, GO CUBS (Good luck to u/19 team b4 their QF tomorrow)

battye
February 12, 2006, 06:54 AM
Zimbabwe will lose to Kenya & BD, IMO they couldn't field a side that could beat Uganda.. But I hope I am wrong, so the series will be competitive.

ajithlalm
February 12, 2006, 09:43 AM
I think the series would be competitive. I think Kenya would do better than Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe has 2 to 3 players who could change the game totally likes of Blignaut, Charles Conventry, Duffin, etc

I think Kenya is a good rival for Bangladesh. They would play good competitive cricket. Like Australia-England and Pakistan-India, Kenya-Bangladesh will be equally matched and would be very competitive and probably the match cannot be predicted to the last over. Waiting to see the tri-series

Kenya has won couple of matches against Bangladesh. I am really watching to see the results of the tri series

is these television matches televised. Are there any channels showing the matches like ESPN ?

CricTiger
February 12, 2006, 12:09 PM
I am more worried about Kenya than Zim in ODIs.Still we should Win all the matches.

BagherBacha
February 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
bd will win all the matches inshaallah

anayet
February 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
well first of all lets see how bd handle the matches against kenya then its better to predict boss..had great hopes for bd u-19 squad but at the end what we got its really surprising..

mshakir56
February 12, 2006, 01:20 PM
I am not gono make the mistake by saying we will win all the matches in the tri-series. If we do win thats great, but I don't wanna be over confident and then have my heart broken again.

anayet
February 12, 2006, 01:46 PM
i agree with you shakir bhai..from now we have to think always in a negative way..that will make us much stronger..:(

Dhakablues
February 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
On an off-tangent thought,,,They should have practice matches against U19 teams. And then we can do a valid comparison of our Senior side vs. U19 side. I think its going to be fun series. Albeit, the world would treat this a 3rd division titile,, but I think it would definitely help us improve our ratings and confidence ahead of Australia series.

Shafin
February 12, 2006, 02:32 PM
bangladesh fainalei na uthte parleo ashchorjo hobar kichu nei,beshi asha kora valo na,i learned it with a lot of price from the u-19 world cup

sufism
February 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
can any1 tell me why Kenya is not playing the U-19 world cup??? while teams like USA, Uganda, Scotland, Ireland and Nepal are playing. i have had this question in my mind for a while.

reinausagi
February 12, 2006, 07:30 PM
can any1 tell me why Kenya is not playing the U-19 world cup??? while teams like USA, Uganda, Scotland, Ireland and Nepal are playing.

Don't think anyone under 30 plays cricket in Kenya.;)

Zunaid
February 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sufism
can any1 tell me why Kenya is not playing the U-19 world cup??? while teams like USA, Uganda, Scotland, Ireland and Nepal are playing. i have had this question in my mind for a while.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/development/africa/tournaments/under19wc/

russellprb
February 12, 2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
bangladesh fainalei na uthte parleo ashchorjo hobar kichu nei,beshi asha kora valo na,i learned it with a lot of price from the u-19 world cup

agree

mshakir56
February 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by reinausagi

can any1 tell me why Kenya is not playing the U-19 world cup??? while teams like USA, Uganda, Scotland, Ireland and Nepal are playing.

Don't think anyone under 30 plays cricket in Kenya.;)
Does that mean there is no next generation or future generation of cricket in Kenya?

mshakir56
February 12, 2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by anayet
i agree with you shakir bhai..from now we have to think always in a negative way..that will make us much stronger..:(
Absolutely! Thats exactly how I feel right now!