PDA

View Full Version : Eating Humble Pie

Sauron
February 11, 2006, 10:44 AM
As a consequence of many many positive comments (in retrospect, not just positive, also unrealistic) that I made over the last couple of weeks about our U-19 team, I have been eating humble pie for the last few hours.

I predict that my staple will be humble pie until the time when / if BD Senior team produces great performance against SL.

I was offensive to several people (Rubu, RazabQ et al) in my attempt to be super postive about the u19 team. While I am still not down about our u19 team, I realize that I was dreaming ....

Anyone who wants to dump it on me ... feel free to do that here.

Also, anyone else who is sharing my diet of humble pie, feel free to share your story too.

Shafin
February 11, 2006, 10:48 AM
try out this thread,i created it in FC section for this purpose,hope you will contribute in it:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=15876

aosaif
February 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
keep eating

mshakir56
February 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
sigh!

israr
February 11, 2006, 01:08 PM
shahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cricman
February 11, 2006, 03:39 PM
now i know how australians felt when bd beat them

CricTiger
February 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
I need more pie ..one is not enough for me ....

Tehsin
February 11, 2006, 05:39 PM
I didn't say much but boy oh boy did I dream. Woke up this morning, turned the pc on (first thing in the morning offcourse) and it just ruined my whole day. GRRRRRRR

Not mad at the boys yet cause I haven't had a chance to read up on what really happaned but look at this thread:

Eng Captain hopes Bangladesh will underestimate them (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=15866)

The England captain was way ahead of us.

Off to do some reasearch on what caused this loss and my day might turn from bad to worse. :)

CricTiger
February 11, 2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Tehsin
I didn't say much but boy oh boy did I dream. Woke up this morning, turned the pc on (first thing in the morning offcourse) and it just ruined my whole day. GRRRRRRR

Off to do some reasearch on what caused this loss and my day might turn from bad to worse. :)

You are lucky that this only ruined your whole day but it ruined my whole night and day ,as there were no live feed and i was watching this upto 5:30 am.

Man somethime I FEEL i need a life other than this.

mahrookh
February 11, 2006, 07:14 PM
In your dream our senior team will produce something against Srilanka . Srilanka already got Ausitralia on their ropes now . So , Srilanka is in a great form .

mshakir56
February 11, 2006, 07:21 PM
After seeing are junior team in great form earlier, for a while I thought one day we will become the world champion, but after our defeat against England, my dreams broke into countless pieces.

mahrookh
February 11, 2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56
After seeing are junior team in great form earlier, for a while I thought one day we will become the world champion, but after our defeat against England, my dreams broke into countless pieces.

We never won in the U/19 quater finals before . So , that was expected to loose when they score only 155 . Such a shame to get only 155 . Didin't Ashraful make 157 not out vs India by himself ?

mshakir56
February 11, 2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Originally posted by mshakir56

We never won in the U/19 quater finals before . So , that was expected to loose when they score only 155 . Such a shame to get only 155 . Didin't Ashraful make 157 not out vs India by himself ?
Man, I was following the match last night, and it was like my worst nightmare!

RazabQ
February 11, 2006, 10:39 PM
Sauron I wish you were crowing instead of eating humble pie. I guess progress for us will come in small steps. We'll have to be happy with just having made it to the Super League.

What really bugs me is that I suspect we lost because of temperament and not talent. I truly believe this team was as talented as any in the tourny. We lost because when it counted, we choked, just like we did at the SAF football finals and countless other occasion where we have had teams under the cosh only to not close the deal. I mean how else do you explain the fact that a team that is stacked with SLAs is tied up by an English SLA????

Dhakablues
February 11, 2006, 11:48 PM
It was only one game.. they won 5 games out of 6 this tour,, how would you rate that? Look, there are some off-days, and unfortunately, it happened to be the day ( and the team) you least expect it. I personally think the team was not clicking on the top order from the begining,, and that failure practically ruined the Semi-final chances. But with one lose, none is going to put back Bangladesh U19 team to the same honor table as their Senior counterparts.

With this tournaments, you finally weed out the noise from the voice... And you can hear the same voice we heard at Lords again,, same fire we've been seeing in prodigious Al Hasan,, unless those noises at the background comes forth to deserve a Grameen Phone Call.

BappyHayat
February 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Sauron
As a consequence of many many positive comments (in retrospect, not just positive, also unrealistic) that I made over the last couple of weeks about our U-19 team, I have been eating humble pie for the last few hours.

I predict that my staple will be humble pie until the time when / if BD Senior team produces great performance against SL.

I was offensive to several people (Rubu, RazabQ et al) in my attempt to be super postive about the u19 team. While I am still not down about our u19 team, I realize that I was dreaming ....

Anyone who wants to dump it on me ... feel free to do that here.

Also, anyone else who is sharing my diet of humble pie, feel free to share your story too.

Good on You...

Keep eating but remember we goona win the world cup some day - its not far...trust me!

abherath
February 12, 2006, 11:20 PM
It was an upset but your team has done very well. This kind of upset happens in cricket.

What is good are the consistent performances of your team.

Look at this.

B'desh beat Sri Lanka 3 out of 4 times in Bangladesh recently.
B'desh beat England 4 out of 4 times at the same time.
You also beat Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand in the past several months.

In Sri Lanka, we look at the Bangladeshi Under 19 team in awe. Your loss was reported as an 'upset' in the local press. That is indicative of the high standards your team has achieved.

I should also add something on the Sri Lankan senior team. Yesterday we were blasted out of the universe by the Aussies in the second VB final. That was an unforgettable thumping we got. But we are not silenced. We know that we beat them in the previous match by completely outplaying them. We know we can do it again. Sri Lanka was just going to make up the numbers in this VB series according to journalists, before the tournament started. We silenced them all by reaching the final and then also beating the Aussies in the first final. We might lose the third final but we will still know that we are good, far better than most would like to admit.

So look up, my friends. Bangladeshi cricket in on the 'up'. There will be minor setbacks on the way. Do not be fluttered by them.

Zunaid
February 12, 2006, 11:38 PM
Well said Aberath. One game does not a series make. :)

Sauron
February 13, 2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Well said Aberath. One game does not a series make. :)

Hmmm ...

One game does not a series make, but winning the games that count does a champion make ...

I do not think we need to make excuses for the u1-9 bunch. They are better than that. This is the best BD team at any level. But for that loss against ENG, there is no one but them to blame.

I am sure that the opponents in the remaining two matches will be blown away by BD U-19. But that would make me lament this loss even more.

Our Senior citizens don't do it coz they can't do it. But these u-19 guys could do it ... still they didn't.

I am sure that they are waaay more heart-broken than the fans are. And I am also sure that they will bounce back like no ones business.

But Abherrath and other pacifiers ... pls don't patronize ... this team deserves better. They know they should have won. And they should have.

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 4:03 PM GMT, by Sauron.

Fazal
February 13, 2006, 06:32 PM
Sauron: Eating Humble Pie

Shark_fin: try out this ....i created it ....

aosaif: keep eating

mshakir56: sigh!

israr: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

cricman: now i know how...

CricTiger: I need more pie ..

Tehsin: oh boy did I dream. ... I haven't had a chance to...

CricTiger: You are lucky.....i need a life other than this

mahrookh: In your dream....

mshakir56: ....great

mahrookh: that was expected ....Such a shame to get only

mshakir56: I was following ....and it was like ....

RazabQ: Sauron I wish you were crowing instead of eating ... pie...how else do you explain... ???

Dhakablues: It was only one....how would you ...? Look, there are some ...unfortunately, it happened to be ... you least expect it.

BappyHayat: Good on You...Keep eating ....but...its not ...trust me!

abherath: It was ...done very well...Look at this... high standards ..has achieved.. I should also add something on

Zunaid: Well said Aberath.

Sauron: Hmmm ...

Bhai Sauron... looks like that's a pretty good pie you made. Can I have a piece of it. or its too late?

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 11:52 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Sauron
February 13, 2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Bhai Sauron... looks like that's a pretty good pie you made. Can I have a piece of it. or its too late?

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 11:52 PM GMT, by Fazal.

ভাই গো, এই পাই (আমাদের পিঠা আর কি) এর শেষ নাই রে ভাই। যত গুলি পীস খাইতে চান, খাইয়া যান। এই টা হইলো রুপকথা'র পিঠা'র মতো।

আগে বড়ো বড়ো কথা বলছি তো, এই জন্য সমানে খাইতেছি ... মুরুব্বী টিম যদি শ্রী-লঙ্কা'র সাথে ভাল কিছ না করে, তাহলে এই পিঠা'র কোন রকম ঘাটতি পরা'র কোন সম্ভবনা নাই রে ভাই গো।

<font size=+1>বিশ্ব খাদ্য ঘাটতি মোকাবেলা করা সম্ভব এই হাম্বল পিঠা দিয়া ... খাইয়া যান আমার সাথে ... শরট পরা'র কোন ভয় নাই </font>