PDA

View Full Version : Not going to judge the colts by just a game or two

chinaman
February 12, 2006, 08:43 AM
No doubt, it was a real heartbreaker. I just can't describe the magnitude of shock that put a premature stop to all enthusiasm, hope and dream. Vowing out of the U/19 World Cup that early was very hard to swallow, more so by being humbled by a team we comprehensively toyed with only weeks ago.

Congratulations to the England team. Definitely they know just when to shine and win.

But I'm not willing to write off Rahim's team just like that. They redefine success, consistency and team work for us. They have been playing non-stop for quite a while with high degree of confidence.

With time I believe the small wound of despair will heal. But let's take some time and congratulate the boys with open heart, who for once brought us what nobody else ever did, the respect of the world.

Well done Musfiq and his boys. We love you all regardless of the result of a game or two.

BD Tigers
February 12, 2006, 09:34 AM
Well said Chainaman. I also think we shud not stop supporting our cubs. They have showed termendous consistency and they just jad a day off.

Congrats to the cubs to reach to the Super League. :bravo:

guy_zin
February 12, 2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
... who for once brought us what nobody else ever did, the respect of the world.

"All we can do is to go out there and give it everything and maybe Bangladesh might underestimate us."- Moeen Ali

Well said..CM.

Well done...Mushy & The Boys.

Hates off to you guys for setting the trend(...the trend of earning opponents/others respect).

Edited on, February 12, 2006, 3:14 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: mod.misc changed code to quote

AsifTheManRahman
February 12, 2006, 10:02 AM
Not going to judge the colts by just a game or two

yeah, by no means.

oracle
February 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
I am satisfied with the level of development at this age group, so not entirely disheartened.

The real hard work is to get these boys up to test standard. In other words to achieve quality training and experience from here to the National level, and all this within home grounds.

CricTiger
February 12, 2006, 12:03 PM
Our progress in the age level is well appreciated by other countries too. These boys are now capable of beating any team anywhere. They have improved a lot in recent years.

But the gulf of difference between our National team and other Test Playing nations is still a concern.

mshakir56
February 12, 2006, 01:41 PM
I guess you are absolutely right Chinaman.

Ahmed_B
February 12, 2006, 02:29 PM
Khelate harjit thakbei bhai.... no team remains unbeaten for ever. No matter how bad this game against England side was for BD U-19.... I have absolutely no doubt about the spirit and strength of the young tigers. One loss doesn't change the fact that the BD side is fairly among the strongests of the junior teams of the cricket world.

It will remain as a heartbreaking memory that they had to depart so early... but I am proud to see the promises in them! :up:

:flag: We are 'coming-soon' in full strength in all levels of cricket!! :flag:

sufism
February 12, 2006, 07:15 PM
Yah, Chinaman is absolutely right. what i believe is, u learn something from evey defeat. from this particular defeat we learned that we should not underestimate any team no matter how many times we have defeated them. we should just take this defeat as a lesson. yet i have no doubt in my mind that our team is much better then Eng. to be honest i think our players did not do justice to their merit through out the tounament. well that's all right, i hope they will make it up when they play for the national team. :fanflag:

sadi
February 12, 2006, 08:46 PM
well what I like about this team is that eventhough they lost, they know they were the better team and just had a off day. This guys are so confident. I like that. I don't think they underestimated England but England were better prepared this time and probably a little stronger also. Our top order never clicked which always was a worry in this tournament and thats what cost us the match.

BappyHayat
February 12, 2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
No doubt, it was a real heartbreaker. I just can't describe the magnitude of shock that put a premature stop to all enthusiasm, hope and dream. Vowing out of the U/19 World Cup that early was very hard to swallow, more so by being humbled by a team we comprehensively toyed with only weeks ago.

Congratulations to the England team. Definitely they know just when to shine and win.

But I'm not willing to write off Rahim's team just like that. They redefine success, consistency and team work for us. They have been playing non-stop for quite a while with high degree of confidence.

With time I believe the small wound of despair will heal. But let's take some time and congratulate the boys with open heart, who for once brought us what nobody else ever did, the respect of the world.

Well done Musfiq and his boys. We love you all regardless of the result of a game or two.

I agree with you with my heart...

Now my humble request...to the cricket board...Please Please dont let them lost in the crowd (what happend in every previous occations). Give them enough resources and facilities...they will be our asset in the near future

howzatt!
February 12, 2006, 11:06 PM
every world cup, doesn't matter if its cricket or football(soccer) has heartbreaking results. we've seen over and over again one of the favorite teams losing in 2nd round or quarter finals or even failing to make it to the knock out stage. that doesn't mean they are a bad team. we just had a bad day against england. mushfique and co. are the champions in every bangladeshi's heart. they gave us something that no other team in any form of any game gave us before. victory over top teams over and over again and a dream or should i say a real chance of winning a world cup. :up: U-19 BD cricket team.

abherath
February 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
The title of this thread says it all. Well done Cubs. You have done your country proud. We in Sri Lanka admire you.

aosaif
February 13, 2006, 12:31 AM
I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't heartbroken. But that's all that's broken. I just hope BCCB support these guys so they can establish themselves in domestic teams.

Flipper
February 13, 2006, 02:31 AM
:up: to everyone!

Yes I appreciate this team as much as you guys do. And, I am sure this team is one of the best in the trounament. I am glad we made it to the super league, and we were out because we lost a knock out One day game.

With that said, I can't deny the fact that there is a slight doubt in my mind wheather or not we choked. But, then again it's perfectly all right as they are our adorable young under 19 team.

Thanks Mushfique and Gang, hope you guys graduate soon!

thebest
February 13, 2006, 02:46 AM
Hats off to everyone!

I am not sure whether we were over hyped or chocked. But still thank you to take us the uncharterd territory.I am glad that we made it to the super league, and sad that we lost out. Though I do not agree in Barron Piere de Cubartin's immortal word "Winning is not important, particiapation is important" but Hats of to you.

এই দিন দিন নয়
আরো দিন আছে

sadi
February 13, 2006, 09:29 AM
I don't think we are overhyped... afterall we won 11 games against England and were unbeaten in the tournament before this loss... I think we just had a bad day and we chose the wrong day...

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2006, 09:49 AM
Hats of to the BD-19 team for all their efforts. It is not the end of the world. Better and bigger things are in front. Hope they will be nurtured properly by the authority.

Weldone England team.

Sauron
February 13, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Chinaman,
I agree with your underlying message. But with a minor but important exception. This is from a separate thread, but I think you'll appreciate the nuanced difference

Originally posted by Zunaid
Well said Aberath. One game does not a series make. :)

Originally posted by Sauron
Hmmm ...

One game does not a series make, but winning the games that count does a champion make ...

I do not think we need to make excuses for the u1-9 bunch. They are better than that. This is the best BD team at any level. But for that loss against ENG, there is no one but them to blame.

I am sure that the opponents in the remaining two matches will be blown away by BD U-19. But that would make me lament this loss even more.

Our Senior citizens don't do it coz they can't do it. But these u-19 guys could do it ... still they didn't.

I am sure that they are waaay more heart-broken than the fans are. And I am also sure that they will bounce back like no ones business.

But Abherrath and other pacifiers ... pls don't patronize ... this team deserves better. They know they should have won. And they should have.