PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka annihiliated ahead of their imminent tour of Bangladesh ?

abherath
February 13, 2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Srilanka is useless . They proves it again against The World Champs yesterday . They lost by 167 runs , hahahahaaha . I can't stop laughing , even bangladesh played better than this against the aussies in England . Australia never passed 368 :) against Bangladesh though . I am still laughing and Srilanka will loose again tomorrow very badly to the Aussies . Hey God help them but Aussies would be the Champs as usual and noone can stop them :)

I just wanna see where are the Srilankans fans gone ? Are they hiding or what ?

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 1:22 AM GMT, by mahrookh.

This is an interesting post I found in a thread started by me. In another thread I started in support of the Bangladeshi Under 19 team, I find more posts of this kind from the same source. :)

With the Sri Lankan team due in Bangladesh at the end of this week, the atmosphere seems to be heating up.

rafiq
February 13, 2006, 01:02 AM
It just appears to be an over-energetic fan of Australian cricket who also hates Sri Lanka for some reason. Whatever, ignore it.

thebest
February 13, 2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
It just appears to be an over-energetic fan of Australian cricket who also hates Sri Lanka for some reason. Whatever, ignore it.

I also think so.
Go SL lion. Eat and drink the Kangoors.

gravitY
February 13, 2006, 02:44 AM
whatever, but BD would get real tough time against SL. i just hope for 1 ODI win, which at this moment seems to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away!!

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2006, 02:55 AM
i wouldn't mind another crushing defeat for the lankans in the third finals though :P

however, i AM aware of the fact that no matter how demoralized they are by the end of this series, they will still strip us to the last string when they come over for a visit :(

Rabz
February 13, 2006, 04:08 AM
abherath..c'mon mate..

u cant let all of us down for one guy...

he may a over fanatic aussie supporter with a hate for lanka..but hec..he's got his right to support n "un-support" any teams he likes...its upto him...

but i'd say that the overwhelming majority of this forum has bn pretty decent to u n to srilanka cricket...except...when the series begins.

u don really expect us to be all soo lovey lovey for SL when they r killin us in the ground..do ya ??

so for the next few wks..expect for an onslaught n if u see the flwg words or lines( or something more extreme) it would be much better for you to avoid n overlook them:

Die lankans, kill the lions, **** 'em all, them damn blo**dy idiots,
jayawerdene is a thickh***, i hate sangakkara, lanka sucks, etc etc...

we jus cant help it..we r crazy fanatics too...

let the series be over..we'll b gentleman all over again ...
cuz then we'll b busy tearin the kangaroos...

cheers mate..
:fanflag:

howzatt!
February 13, 2006, 04:28 AM
no matter which forum you go to, u'll always find a guy or two like that. its best for all of us if u just ignore them. Sri Lanka is a great team, in fact one of my favorites and definately more than either india or pakistan. we look forward to a good series. Good luck to Sri Lanka and ofcourse Better luck to Bangladesh(we need it more than any other team );).

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 9:30 AM GMT, by howzatt!.

abherath
February 13, 2006, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Sydney
abherath..c'mon mate..

cheers mate..
:fanflag:

Thanks.

Let's look forward to the SL - BD Series.

Fortuner
February 13, 2006, 09:47 AM
Hey Abherath...

Jst ignore dat.

Arent their ppl in Sri Lanka who dont support Bangladesh cricket in SL???

Ofcourse, there r and it can be.

So, Jst bcoz of dat can we hate Sri Lanka??? NO!!!!

Dude...Everyone is not same. I am sure MAHROOK hates SL4some reason. For instance u can say...may be coz he still remebers how VAAS smashed us in WC2003 by taking 3wkts in 1st 3balls bowled of the 1st over. It was sad feeling for all Bangaldeshi.

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2006, 10:51 AM
Anger ruines relationship, brings out hatred.

Love build bridges.

So I'd say, "Forgive and forget." :)

mahrookh
February 13, 2006, 12:11 PM
Srilanka will have to see the "pshycriatist" when they loose badly against the Aussies in few hours . Another win and another one sided match to be played at Adelaide in few hours . Very Sad for the Srilankans fans . Hope they will do good against Bangladesh .

I am just surprised noone beleiving me so far but in few hours you all will then what's gonna happen !!!!!!! I am gonna put my money on the Aussies , if they don't win we all loose money anyway all Aussies are very confiedent to win the final in few hours . We can't be beaten by any chance . It's 100% guaranteed .

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 5:15 PM GMT, by mahrookh.

rudro
February 13, 2006, 12:46 PM
I thought it was another thread related to SL's defeat. Glad that it is not. Because if everytime SL loses or wins and we open a thread here, then this will become SLcricket.com.

abherath, SL in its worst form is still better than BD in their usual form. Hopefully no one will try to prove me wrong!

Sauron
February 13, 2006, 12:56 PM
What's wrong with a little bit of "Math Gorom"? Makes things interesting :) Let mahrookh have his fun ... he deserves it as much as abherrath does his.

Also, I was lucky to have watched that tornado partnership between Ponting and Symonds ... man, was it something!

I was rooting for SL, but many of them just threw their wickets away ... starting with Atapattu. Only Jayawardene had solid performance and unlucky to get out from the bottom edge.

Sri Lankan bowling was also uninspiring.

Rooting for SL again today ... hoping for a better contested match.

Bottom line - Regardless of how their current performance is, SL is going to have us weave blankets out of the "lal shuta" that comes out of our .... (hope not, but afraid it is ...)

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 5:57 PM GMT, by Sauron.

sadi
February 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
I am gonna put my money on the Aussies , if they don't win we all loose money anyway all Aussies are very confiedent to win the final in few hours . We can't be beaten by any chance . It's 100% guaranteed .

No wonder you are such a hardcore fan of Australia :P

Sauron
February 13, 2006, 01:29 PM
Edited on, February 13, 2006, 8:44 PM GMT, by Sauron.
Reason: <font size=+2> ভুল </font>

mshakir56
February 13, 2006, 08:16 PM
Sri Lanka is for sure gono get defeated by Australia, and then when Sril Lanka comes to Bangladesh they will try to get the revenge on Bangladesh to prove their dominance.

mahrookh
February 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56
Sri Lanka is for sure gono get defeated by Australia, and then when Sril Lanka comes to Bangladesh they will try to get the revenge on Bangladesh to prove their dominance.

You arey right here . How can Srilanka can think about a win in Australia and even it's in the Final . Symonds and Hussey both are in form and Ponting and Gilli to back them up as Gilli got duck so , he would be bounced back . When Srilanka will have to the "Phsycriatist" after today's match then they will try to take revenge with us in few days from today . So , Bangladeshi player should get prepared for it and try play the Aussies played to them .

Anyone thinking about "Murali" hahahaha ....... 99 runs for no wicket :) Can't be funnier than this . This is Joke of The year :)

fab
February 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
How can Srilanka can think about a win in Australia and even it's in the Final . Symonds and Hussey both are in form and Ponting and Gilli to back them up as Gilli got duck so , he would be bounced back.
For a New Zealander you are very overzealous in your support of Australia..

Also, Murali had a bad day - you would too if you were constantly ridiculed by the crowd. Hope he plays well today.

akabir77
February 13, 2006, 09:04 PM
I love srilankan players, team and people only hate srilankan umpairs... They denied us the 1st test win agnst pak, they do what ever they can to stop us when ever they r ump ing... even u-19team was cautioned or something for a small incident...:snob:

mahrookh
February 13, 2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by fab
How can Srilanka can think about a win in Australia and even it's in the Final . Symonds and Hussey both are in form and Ponting and Gilli to back them up as Gilli got duck so , he would be bounced back.
For a New Zealander you are very overzealous in your support of Australia..

Also, Murali had a bad day - you would too if you were constantly ridiculed by the crowd. Hope he plays well today.

Murali is chucker and he got the great prize . Anyway should be waiting to bowl Hussey and Symonds . Let'e see what Happens !!!! It's not very long to go now . It will be starting in an hour :) What's the point to support Srilanka ? When they are not gonna win :) You should support them who's gonna win to make yourself happy atleast . It's always up to you . You go for your team I go for mine and Mine is the best team in the world Australia . I don't think Good Luck even gonna help for Srilanka now . I am in Adelaide now and going to match now to watch . Wish me a good Luck :)

fab
February 13, 2006, 09:20 PM
I am in Adelaide now and going to match now to watch . Wish me a good Luck :)
Haha hope you didn't buy any 'tickets' - the game is in Brisbane :D

CricTiger
February 13, 2006, 09:44 PM
At least SL gave a high Voltage Shock to Australia. We needed more of this from this sub continent for World cricket dominance.

Haradhon
February 13, 2006, 10:14 PM
[/quote]
Murali is chucker and he got the great prize . Anyway should be waiting to bowl Hussey and Symonds . Let'e see what Happens !!!! It's not very long to go now . It will be starting in an hour :) What's the point to support Srilanka ? When they are not gonna win :) You should support them who's gonna win to make yourself happy atleast . It's always up to you . You go for your team I go for mine and Mine is the best team in the world Australia . I don't think Good Luck even gonna help for Srilanka now . I am in Adelaide now and going to match now to watch . Wish me a good Luck :) [/quote]

Are you gonna wish BD to win against Lanka!

Haradhon
February 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
Jayasuria just hit a boundary off of Lee!

Haradhon
February 13, 2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Haradhon
Jayasuria just hit a boundary off of Lee! And then he is gone!

abherath
February 13, 2006, 11:00 PM
This has become one hell of a thread. Keep it up mates.

cricman
February 13, 2006, 11:03 PM
SL not looking good now watch it live here

rtsp://208.53.158.194/khilaari.org.odi.server1.1.do.not.steal

only works on Media player, not in real

Audio not great but video is good

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 4:05 AM GMT, by cricman.

Hatebreed
February 13, 2006, 11:03 PM
I think this Aussie hating SL has something to do with SL beating Aus in the '96 WC.... don't pay heed to this non-sense.. he's just an idiot glory hunting fan

abherath
February 13, 2006, 11:38 PM
Looks like Sri Lanka will lose today too. They are now 64/2 in 16 overs, going at 4 rpo. Brisbane is a wicket with a lot of pace and bounce which suits the brand of cricket played by the Aussies.

While Sri Lankan batting in the middle order is suspect, the Aussie batting machine is simply amazing. Theirs has to be the most awesome batting combination of any country in recent times.

The positives for Sri Lanka from this tour have been reaching the finals and beating the Aussies comprehensively in the first final, apart from getting used to the pace and swing of the likes of Bret Lee. This tour has helped Sri Lanka raise their game. In 1995 we had a tough tour of Australia when we were battered and bruised. Thanks to that, we went on to win the Wold Cup in 1996.

The young players in the Sri Lankan team have gained tremendously from this tour. They will take the game forward for Sri Lanka.

Being a fan of the Tigers, I hope Bangladesh too would get a tour of Australia soon, at least for ODIs. Bangladeshis are the dark horses of international cricket. On their day they can beat any team. Your next win over the Aussies is not far away.

Sri Lanka, playing in Bangladesh, will have to watch out. The moment they relax, the Tigers will pounce on them. That makes the tour very interesting. I am looking forward to seeing Ash in action and also the 18-year old Chamara Kapugedara who is a fearless pinch hitter. Wonder what Chamara would do against the Aussies today.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 4:52 AM GMT, by abherath.

cricman
February 13, 2006, 11:40 PM
sangakarra is still making some bold shots and SL is running very well , if they put up a 250+ score a Vass Blitz will be expected.

Murali should come with a vengence today

Just Imagine what Australia is going to do to us come April 9th

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 4:42 AM GMT, by cricman.

abherath
February 13, 2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by cricman
sangakarra is still making some bold shots and SL is running very well , if they put up a 250+ score a Vass Blitz will be expected.

Murali should come with a vengence today

Just Imagine what Australia is going to do to us come April 9th

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 4:42 AM GMT, by cricman.

Do you have a match with Australia in April ? That is great. Where will that be played ? If it is not in Australia, I won't put it past the Tigers to surprise the Kangaroos.

cricman
February 13, 2006, 11:53 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2005_2006/INT/AUS_IN_BD/index.php

1st Test - Dhaka
April 9 - 13

2nd Test - Chittagong
April 16 - 20

1st ODI - Chittagong
April 23

2nd ODI - Dhaka
April 26

3rd ODI - Dhaka
April 28

abherath
February 14, 2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks cricman. That is great. A full tour by the Aussies. I am sure that the Aussies will be in for some shocks as are the Sri Lankans. :)

I will spend a lot of time here is this forum in April !

mahrookh
February 14, 2006, 12:54 AM
you guys are giving us trouble !!!!!! but for how long ? It's not gonna happen at Gabba anymore . Cheer up Guys . Go Aussie Go .

mahrookh
February 14, 2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by abherath
Thanks cricman. That is great. A full tour by the Aussies. I am sure that the Aussies will be in for some shocks as are the Sri Lankans. :)

Srilanka just won 2 games against the Aussies and it's not enough . It's not Shcoking for Australians at all . Think how many games Srilankans lost against the Kiwis before the Australian tour :) They managed to win only one game against the kiwis . How Sad !!!! When Australia will go to Bangladesh then they would be top form after playing vc South Africa and they will win all the matches for sure :)

cricman
February 14, 2006, 02:12 AM
SL 266/8, lets see tough target, i'm going to sleep congrats to SL win lose or draw

BD has some tough work cut out for them on saturday

Sangakkara 59
Jayawardene 86
Arnold 76

all with very good SR as well

mahrookh
February 14, 2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by cricman
SL 266/8, lets see tough target, i'm going to sleep congrats to SL win lose or draw

BD has some tough work cut out for them on saturday

Sangakkara 59
Jayawardene 86
Arnold 76

all with very good SR as well

Anyway let's see how many over it will take for the Aussies to get that . I give them up untill 47th over :)

thebest
February 14, 2006, 03:24 AM
Dear mahrookh,
you are the first New zealender I thinkwho is rooting for Aus in a Cricket Match. :bravo:
By the way why you are so excited about. Bangladesh is not beating them. Chill down

mahrookh
February 14, 2006, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by thebest
Dear mahrookh,
you are the first New zealender I thinkwho is rooting for Aus in a Cricket Match. :bravo:
By the way why you are so excited about. Bangladesh is not beating them. Chill down

Australia will win anyway . We all are already happy about it . I feel sad for the poor Srilankan match . You wanna compare with something then compare the catch dropped by "Jayasuriya" and the catch taken by "Ponting" . That's the difference between these two teams . I also go for Gilli for the man of the match as he got duck in the last match . So , he should make a hundred here now . That would be hell lotta fireworks to watch :) Enjoy the shcoking defeat for the Srilankan fans . Noone beleiving me before . You guys must have your answer by now :)

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 9:15 AM GMT, by mahrookh.

abherath
February 14, 2006, 05:14 AM
Runaway victory for Australia. They are 223/1 now and will win by 8 or 9 wickets. They will end the series with 8 wins in 11 games ! That is on top of their destroyal of the World XI.

The Aussies are a very strong outfit, especially in their own backyard.

So Sri Lanka can be happy that they got into the finals and managed to beat the Aussies, in Australia, at least in 2 games.

Losing is OK but the big margins are the dampner ! But cricket is like that. :)

Anyway, on the sub-continental wickets they will be vulnerable. So Bangladesh will have something to celebrate in April. Before that SL will be there - that will be a better contested series than the previous series between the two countries.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:08 AM GMT, by abherath.

mahrookh
February 14, 2006, 05:52 AM
As i said , they will win it by 47th over as did it in 46th over and Gilchrisht is the Man of The Match . Didn't i give you the guarantee before . Take that 9 wickets victory as we are very happy . Now Srilankans have to do something about it for the future tour .

Haha 9 wickets victory :) I am more than happy as i said they will loosing badly today as they did . Aussies won't disappointed their fans at all :)

Mr-khan
February 14, 2006, 06:00 AM
As i said , they will win it by 47th over as did it in 46th over and Gilchrisht is the Man of The Match . Didn't i give you the guarantee before . Take that 9 wickets victory as we are very happy . Now Srilankans have to do something about it for the future tour .

Haha 9 wickets victory :) I am more than happy as i said they will loosing badly today as they did . Aussies won't disappointed their fans at all :)
Ok ok..u won..lol..vai aebar ektu thamen..;)

thebest
February 14, 2006, 06:04 AM
Dear mahrookh
You quoted me but did not answer me.
You are not aussie and Bd did not beat them. So nothing to excite about.

abherath
February 14, 2006, 06:21 AM
Sri Lanka lost but cannot be written off. This series showed what a stupendous team the Aussies are. So it is really great to have beaten the Australians twice in the last 30 days.

Sri Lanka has shown time and again that they cannot be kept down. They always bounce back !

Well done Australia. You have stamped your class again ! You deserved to win the VB series.

And well done Sri Lanka too. They stretched the Aussies into 3 matches in the final, though the international media had wrttien them off even before the series had started. It was a great feat to have beaten the South Africans to the finals.

The South Africans were well behaved right throughout the tour in spite of racial taunts from the crowds. They may have lost here but they are one of the better teams in the world today.

The spirit of the game is far more important than winning or losing. There is no room for rowdies in this game.

abherath
February 14, 2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by abherath

Srilanka just won 2 games against the Aussies and it's not enough . It's not Shcoking for Australians at all . Think how many games Srilankans lost against the Kiwis before the Australian tour :) They managed to win only one game against the kiwis . How Sad !!!! When Australia will go to Bangladesh then they would be top form after playing vc South Africa and they will win all the matches for sure :)

Remember how the Aussies were beaten in the Ashes in England and then thumped by both England and Bangladesh in the triangular there ? Remember how the poor Kangaroos saw stars when young Ashraful sent them on a leather-hunt ? I think Ponting discovered a new planet there ! The Aussies were really down at that time. Now they have come back. That is how the game goes. It happens to all teams.

Sri Lanka beating the current Australian team, even just twice, in Australia itself, within the last 30 days is no mean feat.

As for the Aussies winning all the matches in Bangladesh, I have my doubts. They will lose at least one ODI. (The same is true for my country, Sri Lanka.) It is the sub-contient. Bangladesh too will be after a home series against Sri Lanka, when they face the Kangaroos. Go Bangladesh !

RazabQ
February 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
As moderator:

Mahrookh, stop being so unsporting. Goading and gloating non-stop is not becoming. Your team won - good. But baiting an SL fan by the hackneyed "Murali is a chucker", etc is not acceptable here.

Will be monitoring future posts and hope to see a change in tone.