PDA

View Full Version : Does Al Shahriar have any commitment problem?

BappyHayat
February 13, 2006, 01:39 AM
Firstly sorry to everybody to start another topic on Al Shahriar Rokon. Probably this is the most sensitive and popular (!!) topic at this moment.

But after noticing the strategy from Selectors (and comments from Habibul Bashar) to avoid any topics on Al Shahriar, I’ve got a strange feeling whether Rokon got any problem with team commitment or discipline. From my point of view, fail to perform well in highest level is not the main reason for Rokon’s exclusion…

Who knows…Rokon might be the “Sourav Ganguly” edition of Bangladesh Cricket

Whatever is the reason, I would love to see him in the highest level of cricket…as soon as possible.

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 6:58 AM GMT, by BappyHayat.

rafiq
February 13, 2006, 01:41 AM
For you to see him at the highest level of cricket, don't you think he should take his game to that level first?

BappyHayat
February 13, 2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
For you to see him at the highest level of cricket, don't you think he should take his game to that level first?

"Whatever is the reason, I would love to see him in the highest level of cricket…as soon as possible."

REPHRASED!!!

Flipper
February 13, 2006, 02:15 AM
To all the Rokon Fans,

This is what happens with Rokon, He does wonderful in Domestic, some die-hard fans wants him in the national team, the selectors oblige, and he gets to score a few ducks. The same fan comes back to the forum, and open threads like these:

Poll: Who is the worst cricketer? (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=10186#pid155710)

Who is worst Alok Kapali or Rokon (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=10287#pid157017)

This is just a sample, but if you do a search, you will really be surprized with the number of such threads.

So, lets just hold on, and not repeat the whole cycle, let's give him a chance in the A team. Our Domestic is not the best place to judge a player, as all of you know it, so let's just calm down, we are starting to act weired now.

Fortuner
February 13, 2006, 10:07 AM
Rokon shld only play against weaker teams coz thats where he can do great in batting...

Well, i was surprised to see him whack 177 vs namibia before wc2003 but after dat gr8 knock he dint even score a fifty.

Forget about fifty, he dint score nything in 40's in any match he played in the worldcup.

Anybody after scoring something lin 177 cant score atleast 40...its jst only dat rokon is a batsmean like few others who can only play gud cricket agaisnt weaker opponents.

He is only and only gud for playing against weaker opponents. He can hammer in domestic cricket coz the quality of bowling he is facing is not good.

I can gurantee he will not be able to perform well if he was taken in the sl series.

Rokon is one cricket who is hell lots lucky to have got so many chances to play in bangladesh national cricket team despite not performing well.

I would only love to see him play for us against kenya only.

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 4:08 PM GMT, by Nasif.
Reason: Warning: Do not use ALL CAPS!

sadi
February 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
I think personalitywise he is a very nice guy and thats why he got so many opportunities in the national team. Everyone kinda like him a lot as he is always smiling and stuff. So his exclusing from the national team has nothing to do with his behavior.

guy_zin
February 13, 2006, 11:35 AM
i guess, the main prob with this talented (for local matches)yet inconsistant(for international matches) is his attitude i.e. lack of responsibility.

this guy was the captain of this years runner-up Sonargaon.
while he was the captain,we all saw the performance of the then captain & his team-two words can sum up the real scenerio...consistantly inconsistant.

everybody knows what happened after the team-management got fed-up , charged a hefty fine of taka 50,000 & relieved/demoted him from the captaincy.

he went on to smash runs after runs.it was one of the main performance among others ,on what sonargaon cricketers secured the runners up position on their debut season .

maybe this explosive batsman just love to be care-free , when no pressure,burden is upon him he can produce his devastating best form.

its our bad luck that we dont have any one like bob woolmer ,who can turn a savage hitter like afridi into a match winner/regular contributor to his team.

akabir77
February 13, 2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Rokon shld only play against weaker teams coz thats where he can do great in batting...

Well, i was surprised to see him whack 177 vs namibia before wc2003 but after dat gr8 knock he dint even score a fifty.

Forget about fifty, he dint score nything in 40's in any match he played in the worldcup.

Anybody after scoring something lin 177 cant score atleast 40...its jst only dat rokon is a batsmean like few others who can only play gud cricket agaisnt weaker opponents.

He is only and only gud for playing against weaker opponents. He can hammer in domestic cricket coz the quality of bowling he is facing is not good.

I can gurantee he will not be able to perform well if he was taken in the sl series.

Rokon is one cricket who is hell lots lucky to have got so many chances to play in bangladesh national cricket team despite not performing well.

I would only love to see him play for us against kenya only.

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 4:08 PM GMT, by Nasif.
Reason: Warning: Do not use ALL CAPS!

I like your idea... Pick him for the warmups and against Kenya/Scottland etc so his fans can see him play and bd can have a performer in that level and every body can be happy cause we all know he can't perform in reall time. so....good luck to him and his fans... board with this topic though

CricTiger
February 13, 2006, 09:30 PM
If people does not know by now then they do not have to know ?