PDA

View Full Version : Will Mushfiqur Rahim play for Bangladesh against Sri Lanka ?

abherath
February 13, 2006, 11:58 PM
Will this happen ? I think he is more than ready to play for the senior team and should play a major role in the forthcoming tour by the Sri Lankans.

I know the Bangladeshi squad is announced already but could not have a look at it.

BagherBacha
February 14, 2006, 12:02 AM
no he shouldn't play

abherath
February 14, 2006, 12:13 AM
OK. I have the ODI squad now:

Habibul Bashar (captain), Khaled Mashud (wkt), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Javed Omar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Rafique, Manjural Islam, Alok Kapali, Khaled Mahmud, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafe bin Mortaza, Syed Rasel, Nazmul Hossain.

So Mushfiqur is not there.

Zunaid
February 14, 2006, 12:20 AM
Just keep an eye on our series thread:

http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2005_2006/INT/SL_IN_BD/index.php

We try to keep it current as much as our time permits.

You can go up to the main menu and click on the "series" link to see our coverage. We just started the basic one for the AUS tour.

thebest
February 14, 2006, 03:21 AM
I wish he is there. But he would not be. To me he is more mature than our so called talented players like Ash, Aftab and off course the great কপালি
(lucky Kapali for you Abherath).
Though most of the board member think he should not

gravitY
February 14, 2006, 03:44 AM
i'm not against it, but i'm worried, coz he's too young, if he can't perform well it'd only increase pressure on him.

Warlock
February 14, 2006, 03:48 AM
Mushfiq can play better than kapali any day. I don't see why they picked kapali again.:(

Spitfire_x86
February 14, 2006, 08:10 AM
I don't think he should play in the test series against Srilanka. He needs a break after U-19 world cup. But I think unless everyone does exceptionally well against Srilanka, he should play against Australia in both Test and ODI series

sadi
February 14, 2006, 09:23 AM
one advantage Mushfiq has over other batsmen is the fact that he is a keeper. That make things a lot easier some times. He doesn't need to take so much pressure on his batting as he is a keeper first and then a batsman and thats why he can enjoy his batting.

rudro
February 14, 2006, 11:35 AM
No. Unless the selection committee is replaced by some of us from BC

shamster
February 14, 2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by sadi
one advantage Mushfiq has over other batsmen is the fact that he is a keeper. That make things a lot easier some times. He doesn't need to take so much pressure on his batting as he is a keeper first and then a batsman and thats why he can enjoy his batting.

That won't be the case as he will be chosen as a batman. Khaled will be the keeper so the pressure will be on the kid.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:26 PM GMT, by shamster.

mahrookh
February 14, 2006, 06:38 PM
No way . Is he in the squad ? He is not matured enough to play the tests yet . Let him grow up a bit .

BappyHayat
February 15, 2006, 01:00 AM
give him few more time

nemo
February 15, 2006, 06:39 AM
The srilankan wickets showed that only technically correct batsmen could survive. Mushfique proved that he is a good batsman. So did Mehrab and to a lesser extent sakib and shamsur. M&M are this tournaments find for us. considering the present predicament of our test team of not being able to survive i believe mushfique and mehrab could be drafted for the srilanka series. They may be young but they showed more responsibility then Ash, kapali and the lot. At least their wickets wont be cheap. the selectors may give a thought and if they cannot handle the pressure then they should be kept in the A team and not forgotten. We should build for the future.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 08:48 AM
Good one nemo.

That is the reason 2 selectors went with the U-19 team.

If Mushfiq was ready for the lords test then what challenge does bogra and Chittagong throw at him?

Anyways, if he is not included that is fine with me. May be he will be in the mix against Kenya or Australia. I will be happy both ways. But for sure he will be in the WC squad barring injury.

sadi
February 15, 2006, 09:35 AM
He should definately be there for the kenya series... I was just wondering why Sakib and Tamim are not performing upto their potential.... Is there something really wrong with their technique or they just can't cope with the pressure?

pagol-chagol
February 15, 2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Good one nemo.

That is the reason 2 selectors went with the U-19 team.

If Mushfiq was ready for the lords test then what challenge does bogra and Chittagong throw at him?

Anyways, if he is not included that is fine with me. May be he will be in the mix against Kenya or Australia. I will be happy both ways. But for sure he will be in the WC squad barring injury.

I think Rahim will be brought in for the tests. We can survive the one dayers without him.