PDA

View Full Version : Bashar unhappy about Bogra facilities


cricman
February 14, 2006, 02:28 PM
Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/02/15/d60215040235.htm)

I just think he's getting an excuse ready, if Bangladesh performs badly. I really didn't hear U-19 or the A team complain about Bogra at all.:lol:

Sauron
February 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
ওই তোরা বাশার সাবে'র লিগ্যা তেল নিয়া আয়, পানি নিয়া আয়, পাংখা নিয়া আয়, মাথায় মালিশ দিতে হইব, বাতাস করতে হইব।

চার দিন কম প্রাকটিস কম হইছে আর শুরু হইছে প্যানপ্যানানি ... আগে খেল বেটা ... তার পরে অজুহাত খুজবি। হারার আগেই ঘ্যান ঘ্যান করে লাভ কি?

oracle
February 14, 2006, 02:42 PM
Sauron
I don't think he is looking for excuses. Actually Bashar is right to complain. Missing four days prior to a international match because of venue mismanagement is a most valid case for complaining. If he doesnt complain, then who will?

Sauron
February 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
ভাইরে বাশারকে এক্‌টু শান্তিতে গালি দিব, সেইটাও করতে দিলেন না ... (দীর্ঘশ্বাস) :)


আসলে চিন্তা করে দেখলাম আপনার কথাই ঠিক। কিন্তু বগুড়া আর ঢাকা (মিরপুর) দুই জায়গাতেই এই রকম আন-ইভেন বাউন্সের উইকেট কেনো? আর যদি সমস্যা থাকেই, তাহলে বাশাররা বগুড়াতে পৌছানোর আগেই দুই একজন লোকাল ক্রিকেটার দিয়ে বল করে দেখলেই তো সেটা বোঝা যেত। শুরু থেকে বি কে এস পি তে প্রাক্‌টিস করলেই পারতো।

cricket_pagol
February 14, 2006, 03:13 PM
I also want to add that bashar has been fairly honest in the past when he commented on practice facilities and match preparations.

cricman
February 14, 2006, 03:18 PM
So when gets out after playing a unnesscary hook shot he'll blame it on the lack of practice?

mafizraju
February 14, 2006, 03:19 PM
This is insane....... Theere could be lots of folks who might be very happy with the BCCb officals, but I am not one of them. Its disgusting the way they have thrown out an elected body right after new government came into power and since then all the big talks. I will do this we will do that.... apart from bringing few coaches here and there they never showed ne kind of honesty or consistency in developing the game. a high performance sqauad or an under 19 team is not going to be able to take the game further. Unfortunately the elitist approach this board has shown so far is utterly disgusting and lacks any kind of professionalism or real love for the game itself.

We ignored the pitch, the field, the venues, the domestic league but kept on making the BCCB office more and more esthetic. Failed to ensure the minimum financial security for the national league, the only domestic first class tournament, failed to ensure proper environment for the young kids, have destyroyed the competitiveness of the domestic league completely by not caring much about the performers. Some ppl loves to give the idiotic excuse of domestic league being worse nobody can understand the true class of a cricketer in the domestic league. If the national team players cannot show enough professionalism in the domestic league how can u expect him to show any professionalism in the international arena. selectors Kept on bringing young kids and wasting them. Kapali, nafis, ashraful and tushar are the biggest examples of recet time. What would have gone so worng if this was kapalis ash and tushar first year in the international arena. If they could have played in the domestic league and mature up in the last four five years we would have been beneficial in the long run. No we did nto do that. We kept on looking for a sachin and a wasim in every single young cricketers. we have to understand if another sachin or wasim is born you will know for sure way ahead of time. its disgusting how politics plays a part in arranging a game in an under prepared venue in Bogura and ignore the completely prepared venue of Dhaka. And now some of us are calling captain and players dishonest when they talk about underpar domestic league with below standard pitches and the practice session of the national team.......... things have to change

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 8:20 PM GMT, by mafizraju.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 8:23 PM GMT, by mafizraju.

Fortuner
February 14, 2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by mafizraju
This is insane....... Theere could be lots of folks who might be very happy with the BCCb officals, but I am not one of them. Its disgusting the way they have thrown out an elected body right after new government came into power and since then all the big talks. I will do this we will do that.... apart from bringing few coaches here and there they never showed ne kind of honesty or consistency in developing the game. a high performance sqauad or an under 19 team is not going to be able to take the game further. Unfortunately the elitist approach this board has shown so far is utterly disgusting and lacks any kind of professionalism or real love for the game itself.

We ignored the pitch, the field, the venues, the domestic league but kept on making the BCCB office more and more esthetic. Failed to ensure the minimum financial security for the national league, the only domestic first class tournament, failed to ensure proper environment for the young kids, have destyroyed the competitiveness of the domestic league completely by not caring much about the performers. Some ppl loves to give the idiotic excuse of domestic league being worse nobody can understand the true class of a cricketer in the domestic league. If the national team players cannot show enough professionalism in the domestic league how can u expect him to show any professionalism in the international arena. selectors Kept on bringing young kids and wasting them. Kapali, nafis, ashraful and tushar are the biggest examples of recet time. What would have gone so worng if this was kapalis ash and tushar first year in the international arena. If they could have played in the domestic league and mature up in the last four five years we would have been beneficial in the long run. No we did nto do that. We kept on looking for a sachin and a wasim in every single young cricketers. we have to understand if another sachin or wasim is born you will know for sure way ahead of time. its disgusting how politics plays a part in arranging a game in an under prepared venue in Bogura and ignore the completely prepared venue of Dhaka. And now some of us are calling captain and players dishonest when they talk about underpar domestic league with below standard pitches and the practice session of the national team.......... things have to change

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 8:20 PM GMT, by mafizraju.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 8:23 PM GMT, by mafizraju.

Well said ...dude...

really appreciate what u said. I100% agree wid u and i feel da same.

One can conclude there is a lack of true professionalism in our cricket structure...

we have got the potential indeed but there lack of right thinking..

sadi
February 14, 2006, 04:13 PM
Definately. Agree with everything you said. We need to have good practice wickets for our players to get prepared before the ODIs.

gravitY
February 14, 2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Sauron


ওই তোরা বাশার সাবে'র লিগ্যা তেল নিয়া আয়, পানি নিয়া আয়, পাংখা নিয়া আয়, মাথায় মালিশ দিতে হইব, বাতাস করতে হইব।

চার দিন কম প্রাকটিস কম হইছে আর শুরু হইছে প্যানপ্যানানি ... আগে খেল বেটা ... তার পরে অজুহাত খুজবি। হারার আগেই ঘ্যান ঘ্যান করে লাভ কি?


jane to harbo, tai age thekei moncho prostut korche.. arki.

reverse_swing
February 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/newsimg%5Cimages_21787.jpg

ছবি: বগুড়া শহীদ চান্দু স্টেডিয়ামে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের অনুশীলন। -নয়াদিগন্ত

Nasif
February 14, 2006, 09:41 PM
স্টেডিয়াম তো দেখতে খুব সুন্দর লাগতেছে। দারুন আউটফিল্ড, ঘন সবুজ ঘাস!

Sauron
February 14, 2006, 10:15 PM
এক্‌টু আগেই চ্যানেল আই তে চান্দু স্তেডিয়াম নিয়ে প্রতিবেদন দেখালো। খুব-ই সুন্দর। ফ্লাডলাইটের আলোতে অদ্ভুত সুন্দর। এই মুহুর্তে দেশে'র সবচেয়ে সুন্দর স্তেডিয়াম, কোন সন্দেহ নাই। পীচ কিউরেটর বল্‌লো যে এই সব পীচে অনুর্ধ উনিশ বিশ্বকাপের অনেক খেলা হয়েছে।

বাশার এর কথা নিয়ে আমার আবার সন্দেহ হচ্ছে। হালা'র পো আসলেই অজুহাত তৈরী করতাছে বইলা মনে হইতাছে।

aosaif
February 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
[edited]

can't believe the BCCB is giving our players crap practice pitches.

[edited]Man i am losing today with the swear words.

Edited on, February 15, 2006, 6:20 PM GMT, by RazabQ.
Reason: mod.content - you said it! অকাথ্য ভাষা a plenty ...

BappyHayat
February 14, 2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Sauron


বাশার এর কথা নিয়ে আমার আবার সন্দেহ হচ্ছে। হালা'র পো আসলেই অজুহাত তৈরী করতাছে বইলা মনে হইতাছে।



Lets mind our Language...shall we?!

Sauron
February 14, 2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by BappyHayat
Originally posted by Sauron


বাশার এর কথা নিয়ে আমার আবার সন্দেহ হচ্ছে। হালা'র পো আসলেই অজুহাত তৈরী করতাছে বইলা মনে হইতাছে।



Lets mind our Language...shall we?!

Lets mind our own businesses, shall we?

sunniath
February 14, 2006, 11:48 PM
bashar was unhappy with the practice pitches in dhaka as well.it is very odd to know that we dont have decent tracks to practice during cricket season.lankans are resting several key players for this tour.this is a very good chance for us to win at least one game against them.it is extremely disappointing to see bd team having problems with facilities before such a crucial series.

Zunaid
February 14, 2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Sauron

Lets mind our own businesses, shall we?

You post. It's public. While I personally have no issues with the colloqialism in play, do be decent.

Sauron
February 14, 2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Originally posted by Sauron

Lets mind our own businesses, shall we?

You post. It's public. While I personally have no issues with the colloqialism in play, do be decent.

I am glad that you see no issue with the colloquialism ... that is indeed refreshing.

I get your point on decency. I reacted to what I obviously think is an impolite and self-righteous encroachment. But I guess I may have over-reacted. So, point noted.

Edited on, February 15, 2006, 5:00 AM GMT, by Sauron.

BappyHayat
February 15, 2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Sauron
Originally posted by Zunaid
Originally posted by Sauron

Lets mind our own businesses, shall we?

You post. It's public. While I personally have no issues with the colloqialism in play, do be decent.

I am glad that you see no issue with the colloquialism ... that is indeed refreshing.

I get your point on decency. I reacted to what I obviously think is an impolite and self-righteous encroachment. But I guess I may have over-reacted. So, point noted.

Edited on, February 15, 2006, 5:00 AM GMT, by Sauron.

I really appreciate that you admit your action...

Cheer Up...I'm sure Bangladesh Cricket will create some happy moments soon...then we both can forget our language/business and celebrate

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 01:06 PM
I don't know whom to blame for the low rated pitches but I know who to blame when the result is one sided.

Jei pitch'a SL ghumaye ghumaye 250+ score korbey shei pitch niye complain kano? Play the hand as it is and stop whinning.

Sorry to say this, don't blame the CB/BCB for the SL series faliure. Bashar Bhai taka'r ar power'er gondho paisey. And he don't want to lose it so trying to find an early excuse.

Agey monay kortam Bashar bhai'er moto shohoj shorol manush hoi na. Arey Vass, Murali, Attapatu nai. Ar ki chash? SL ki onno pitch'a khelbey?

reverse_swing
February 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
From DailyStar: (http://thedailystar.net/2006/02/16/d60216040532.htm)




Chief selector Faruque Ahmed yesterday said that it was not a good sign to see the home captain unhappy with training facilities ahead a of tough challenge.

The former national skipper commented this after Tigers captain Habibul Bashar had showed his frustration about poor practice pitches in Bogra.

"It is really a serious concern when the captain shows his disappointment. I have talked with coach Dav (Whatmore) about the matter and I can assure you that everything would be okay. I do not want to make any comments on the surface because I was not there," Faruque said.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) also took the matter seriously and said that the team's think-tank actually did not express its desire about the character of practice pitches.

"It is really unfortunate what our captain has told about the facilities. Still, the team management has not expressed what kind of wicket they needed. Everybody knows that seamers will get some movement in Bogra, so I can't understand why our captain told this," said Rafiqul Islam Babu, chairman of the grounds committee.

Sauron
February 15, 2006, 01:12 PM
আমার ধারনা (শুধুই ধারনা, কেউ আবার ঘটনা'র সত্যতা যাচাই করতে বসে যাবেন না) - বাশার কোন না কোন ভাবে দাদা'র ফোন নাম্বার পেয়েছে।

reverse_swing
February 15, 2006, 01:18 PM
Everybody knows that seamers will get some movement in Bogra, so I can't understand why our captain told this," said Rafiqul Islam Babu, chairman of the grounds committee.




বাশার মিয়া পাটা উইকেট আশা করেছিলো বোধ হয়। না পেয়ে অন্য অজুহাত খুঁজছে।


Edited on, February 15, 2006, 6:19 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 01:20 PM
If this was an away series and Bashar and co. facing this kind of pitches I would accept whatever he says. But this is a home ground, home curator, home facilities. why take a stab at your own people?

If he is not capable of batting in a seamers friendly wicket he need to say it loud and clear. Don't bash your own people. :mad::down::(

Sauron
February 15, 2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by reverse_swing

বাশার মিয়া পাটা উইকেট আশা করেছিলো বোধ হয়। না পেয়ে অন্য অজুহাত খুঁজছে।




পাটা উইকেট - as in শীল-পাটা? হাঃ হাঃ হাঃ ... ভেরি ফানি :)

প্রসংগত একটা কথা - আগে ইংরেজিতে বাংলা লিখতাম, এখন বাংলায় লিখি ইংরেজি ... ভেরি ফানি ইন্‌ডীড :)

reverse_swing
February 15, 2006, 01:31 PM
পাটা উইকেট = Flat wicket. :)

আজকাল বাংলা পক্রিকায় নতুন নতুন শব্দ পাবেন। ইদানিং এরা পাটা উইকেট খুব ব্যাবহার করে।



Edited on, February 15, 2006, 9:16 PM GMT, by Nasif.
Reason: sorry my mistake, pressed on edit, instead of quote

chyicarus
February 15, 2006, 01:38 PM
A captain has the right to criticise the practice the fielding facilities. I don't think the selectors or the board has any right to complain against his comments becoz its not them who are using the facilities but the players themselves, so if the majority of the players compliain then it was the right decision to issue a statement against the facilities. Just coz he's under the Board's payroll doesn't mean he's going to accept any lousy filth they throw at him and he will bow his head and stay quiet!
But he also has to take note that it does not create chaos in the team and in around the BCB.

sadi
February 15, 2006, 01:49 PM
If I haven't misunderstood, the problem is with the practice pitch and not the main pitch itself... if we have a flat batting track for the odis, then why would you want to practice on a pitch where the ball moves... I feel like Bashar did the right thing by saying it out loud... the practice pitches should be as good as the real pitch so that our players can get the feel of it and get used to it...

Edited on, February 15, 2006, 6:49 PM GMT, by sadi.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 03:16 PM
If you can play in pitch that swings or have an uneven bounce, wow! what will you do in a flat pitch? nothing less than a century, well at least a half century.

I can't remember the bowlers name, May be Garner or Marshall was once asked something like this,

"you guys sure bowl fast".

The Answer was, "Well, if you think we bowl fast in game time, you should come and see how we prepare our batsmen at the nets."

Indicating they rip it and hold no bars in the practice field. No wonder we saw batsmen GG, DH, VR, CL, RR, BL and so many more.

Fazal
February 15, 2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
If you can play in pitch that swings or have an uneven bounce, wow! what will you do in a flat pitch? nothing less than a century, well at least a half century.


I think us, its more closer to (double) golla with no 1 or 5 infront of it.

Swing, seam, flat, grass, dry, spin, rain, shine, it doesn't matter. Our batsman's end result is usually the same... ill advised rush shot is the name of their game.

sadi
February 15, 2006, 04:06 PM
I understand what you are saying but thats what they should do all season... when there are only 2 days left before the first odi, there is no point practicing in seam and moving pitch when you will play in a flat batting track... also think about our bowlers... they will feel all tht bowling in that pitch and then when they go and see a flat track on the gameday it wont be pretty....

However, in prothom-alo I read they are thinking of a green pitch... well not really a green pitch but a pitch with some grass on it... if thats the case, then its okay and let them practice in this pitches... however get ready for a disaster

Nasif
February 15, 2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by reverse_swing

পাটা উইকেট = Flat wicket. :)

আজকাল বাংলা পক্রিকায় নতুন নতুন শব্দ পাবেন। ইদানিং এরা পাটা উইকেট খুব ব্যাবহার করে।




তাহলে পুতা উইকেট কি seamer friendly wicket ;)

Zunaid
February 15, 2006, 04:29 PM
ছি ছি নাসিফ!
তোমাকে কি শিখালাম?
আস্তাগফিরুল্লাহ


Edited on, February 15, 2006, 9:29 PM GMT, by Zunaid.

Sauron
February 15, 2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Nasif

তাহলে পুতা উইকেট কি seamer friendly wicket ;)

:lol::lol::lol:


পাটা পুতা যাই বলেন, পিষা হইব কিন্তু বাশার এর দল্‌বল। আর শ্রীলংকা দেখবেন পিষবো।
(আসলে আন-জিংক্‌স করি আর কি - জিঙ্ক্‌স এর উল্টা :)

CricTiger
February 15, 2006, 06:44 PM
Bottom line is it does not matter.Last time before our SL tour he was very happy with the practices and other stuffs and look how they performed there.It's becoming a nag to us now a days.

No matter he is happy or sad still question to him will the team perform well this time.As a crickter he has to learn how to adjust and perform according to each and every situation.

Sauron
February 15, 2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
Bottom line is it does not matter.Last time before our SL tour he was very happy with the practices and other stuffs and look how they performed there.It's becoming a nag to us now a days.

No matter he is happy or sad still question to him will the team perform well this time.As a crickter he has to learn how to adjust and perform according to each and every situation.


খুব-ই সত্য কথা। এইটাই হলো আসল কথা। ব্যাটার উচিত বেশী কথা না বলে ম্যাচের জন্য রেডি হওয়া। শ্রীলংকা যখন খেল্‌বে, আলাদা কোন পীচ-এ তো আর খেল্‌বে না। দুই টীম যদি আলাদা পীচ-এ খেলে (এক টীম পাটা আর অন্য টীম পুতা), তখন কম্‌প্লেন করলে মানায়।