PDA

View Full Version : How our U-19 team bundled out with Eng U19

SS
February 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
Eng U19 lost to india badly..
What was the reason behind our failure
in the crucial match.

Were our batsmen overrated, is tamim or others
going to be like another nafis or hannan.

Why in all levels of cricket our batsmen are suffering,
isn't it the program's fault to create these new batsmen.

I can justify that in test level these teams are excellent, but
in U19 they barely played in international level, so they are not strong like the real team. Why we failed with these teams when the experience and cricketing knowledge of these players are almost same level of our U19 cricketers.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 04:58 PM
The top order did not click. The bottom order bailed us out in couple of matches. England kept it simple. Our batsmen were too impatient. That's the story.

Against India, we would have..... can never find out what may have happened. I am happy it will never be answered :).

CricTiger
February 15, 2006, 07:03 PM
They buckled up under
Pressure, pressure and pressure.

mshakir56
February 15, 2006, 07:13 PM
We lost to England, because We didn't respect them enough ! There you have it, Plain and simple.

insideedge
February 16, 2006, 09:41 AM
Indian U-19 players play in senior first class matches in Ranji Trophy. Some of the better ones play in Duleep Trophy also.

Gaurav Dhiman has hit sixer off Shane Bond. Piyush Chawla clean bowled Sachin Tendulkar in Indian Challenger tournament. All that experience comes handy for them when playing U-19 matches which is of a lower standard.

Ahmed_B
February 16, 2006, 10:08 AM
Before the starting of this WC... most fans here only could think about winning the cup because we all knew that skill-wise and in terms of talent, BD U-19 was among the topmost teams of the tourn.

But why did they now reach the semi's then?

Well... I had said it before the tourny too ... and will say again... that tournaments like World Cups are never merely a test of skills or talents... these are tests of temperament as well. You can't get to the top of this chart with just your power if you lose your nerve.

However... I wouldn't be very frustrated from the outcome of this WC. Rather I will take it as a fact that our U-19 boys still got a thing or two to learn if they want to come out big in multi-national tournaments. Some bitter tastes of reality maybe? :cool:

Umar
February 16, 2006, 10:44 AM
well.....that was just a Fluke made By England...thats all I can say..........

sadi
February 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
just had a bad day... S*** happens