PDA

View Full Version : Mushfiqur Rahim leads man of the tournament standings

mshakir56
February 13, 2006, 09:25 PM
<html><body>

I got a great news for you guys! Mushfiqur Rahim is currently leading the man of the tournament standings. He is one point a head of Australian counterpart Moises Henriques and the Indian opening batsmen Cheteshwar Pujara and Gaurav Dhiman. Mushfiqur has 7 points (1st Place) now, and Mehrab Hossain has 4 points (4 th place) This should lift up our spirits a little, after suffering a loss against England. </p><h3>The top contenders of the Man of the Tournament</h3><table cellpadding="10"border="1" bgcolor="yellow"><tr><th>Name </th><th>MOM Points</th></tr><tr bgcolor="red"><td>*Mushfiqur Rahim (Bangladesh)</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>Moises Henriques (Australia)</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>Cheteshwar Pujara (India) </td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>Gaurav Dhiman (India)</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>Donald `Kuda' Samunderu(Zimbabwe)</td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>Sachithra Serasinghe (Sri Lanka) </td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>Tom Cooper (Australia) </td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>Moeen Ali (England) </td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>Kasaim Farid (Scotland)</td><td>4</td> </tr><tr><td>Dawid Botha (Namibia) </td><td>4</td></tr><tr bgcolor="red"><td> *Mehrab Hossain (Bangladesh) </td><td>4</td></tr></table>

This means that Mushfiqur still has a great chance of becoming the man of the tournament! So what do you guys think? Is your spirits up now?:fire:
Source:http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-u19wc/content/story/236899.html
</body></html>

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 9:34 PM GMT, by mshakir56.

CricTiger
February 13, 2006, 09:33 PM
We did not qualify for the semis or final so it would be tough for him to get it.It will be from from either AUS or India I GUESS.

cricman
February 13, 2006, 09:37 PM
How? All Players will play the same amount of matches

mshakir56
February 13, 2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
We did not qualify for the semis or final so it would be tough for him to get it.It will be from from either AUS or India I GUESS.
Thats not gono effect him, because we will play against West Indies, and then if we can beat them then we can play in the Super League Playoff final. So Mushfiqur still can play up to 2 more matches, just like every other players.

CricTiger
February 13, 2006, 09:59 PM
If Aus and India play in the final THEN following people has better chance than Rahim
Moises Henriques (Australia) 6
Cheteshwar Pujara (India) 6

mshakir56
February 13, 2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
If Aus and India play in the final THEN following people has better chance than Rahim
Moises Henriques (Australia) 6
Cheteshwar Pujara (India) 6
According to the ICC guidelines for the man of the tournamnet, you are slightly wrong.
The Man of the Tournament will be selected by an aggregate of points accrued by Men of the Match during the Group Stages and the subsequent Super League and Plate Championship.

The points are allocated as follows:
Man of the Match 3 points
2nd best player 2 points
3rd best player 1 point

You receive the same amount of points regardless of the level that you are playing in.

Hatebreed
February 13, 2006, 10:56 PM
This is a good news.. I'm very upset we couldn't get to the finals because of ************** ******* ********* england ******... but hey, at least we did better than previous times.. and this little man Mushfiq is has really shun! best of luck to him to win the man of the tournament award :)

betaar
February 14, 2006, 12:32 AM
[quote]Originally posted by mshakir56
<html><body>

I got a great news for you guys! Mushfiqur Rahim is currently leading the man of the tournament standings. He is one point a head of Australian counterpart Moises Henriques and the Indian opening batsmen Cheteshwar Pujara and Gaurav Dhiman. Mushfiqur has 7 points (1st Place) now, and Mehrab Hossain has 4 points (4 th place) This should lift up our spirits a little, after suffering a loss against England. </p><h3>

do you mind posting a link to your source?

dxmanbd
February 14, 2006, 02:23 AM
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-u19wc/content/story/236899.html

ASA
February 15, 2006, 11:15 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim leads man of the tournament standings
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-u19wc/content/story/236899.html

:up:

rudro
February 15, 2006, 11:36 PM
ভারত বৃটেন খেলার পর তা হবার কথা না। চীতেস্বার পুজারা উপরে আসার কথা

roi
February 16, 2006, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by rudro

ভারত বৃটেন খেলার পর তা হবার কথা না। চীতেস্বার পুজারা উপরে আসার কথা

My friend, its England i guess...not Britain.:up:

Umar
February 16, 2006, 07:36 AM
if Mushfiqur Rahim Can get another man of the Match Award....Then He will be the Man of the Tournament.....I am sure about this......
:fire: