PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh tri-series still in doubt

MartinW
February 16, 2006, 09:30 AM
From Cricinfo:

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/237395.html

Confusion continues to surround the proposed one-day tri-series in Bangladesh next month with more reports that Zimbabwe, who are scheduled to take part along with Kenya, are on the verge of pulling out.

Sources close to the Bangladesh board (BCB) have suggested that Zimbabwe have been unwilling to commit to anything, and although Zimbabwe Cricket last week told Cricinfo that it would be sending a side, that fact does not appear to have been conveyed to the BCB. It is not the first time that there has been such a breakdown in communication.

oracle
February 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
I would rather like to see Kenya facing BD on a one on one basis, rather than a weakened Zimbabwe. If Zimbabwe are coming then it only makes sense if they are competitive enough to challenge us. Right now, without Taibu, it looks ridiculous.

sadi
February 16, 2006, 09:34 AM
This is not professional at all... why can't these two boards talk to each other instead of media and decide what they want to do...

Sauron
February 16, 2006, 10:38 AM
And the comedy continues ....

On a more personally vested note - if this tri-series is not covered by willowTV or other live broadcast channels, I'd rather it doesn't take place ... Naah didn't mean it.

sadi
February 16, 2006, 11:21 AM
trust me we will figure something out.... don't worry about that

TheWatcher
February 16, 2006, 12:25 PM
Looks like ZC just developed a bad habit to do everything on their own terms without discussing matters with others, the CI report says they curtailed the five match series with Kenya to a three match one without even letting Kenyan board know about it.

In my opinion, instead of wasting our time with Zimbos, we should give Kenya an extended tour. Since SL or Aus are not playing practice matches in Bangladesh, we need to test our bench strength against Kenya thoroughly. Besides three ODI's, BCCB should also arrange three/four matches where BD-A and U/19 will play Kenya.

Edited on, February 16, 2006, 6:23 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Sauron
February 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
In my opinion, instead of wasting our time with Zimbos, we should give Kenya an extended tour. Since SL or Aus are not playing practice matches in Bangladesh, we need to test our bench strength against Kenya thoroughly. Besides three ODI's, BCCB should also arrange three/four matches where BD-A and U/19 will play Kenya.

Ditto :up:

sadi
February 16, 2006, 01:13 PM
yeah... couple of three or four day matches would be nice also

akbar1
February 16, 2006, 08:00 PM
Agree. Forget Zombos for now, they are a disgrase to world cricket!!

CricTiger
February 16, 2006, 09:45 PM
Sometimes we worry too much.Board will figure it out in due time.

mahrookh
February 16, 2006, 11:56 PM
We can call West Indies instead of Zimbabwe and we might luckily win in the final against the West Indies .

hkooraham
February 17, 2006, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh
We can call West Indies instead of Zimbabwe and we might luckily win in the final against the West Indies .

Or why not Ponting and co a bit earlier, to play a few extra matches ? You gonna be there for the Aussie tour mate ?

PoorFan
February 17, 2006, 05:31 AM
Something wrong between BCB and ZC. Recently I am losing my interest playing BD against Zimbo, because of ZC's irresponsibility and their internal problems. It will be shame if ZC cant manage this tournament, I don't know what the actual problem is, but they should try hard to come back in world cricket with their best team.

MartinW
February 17, 2006, 07:36 AM
It seems from sources inside Zimbabwe that they pulled out of the tournament sometime over the last 48 hours, although the board's media manager will not respond to any questions. It is likely that three ODIs against Kenya will replace the tri-series.

sadi
February 17, 2006, 09:10 AM
thanks. I would rather play Kenya anyways.

ajithlalm
February 18, 2006, 11:01 AM
The tri series should take place especially the Bangladesh are playing very less cricket in a current year almost half what Australia is playing.

There should be atleast 10 matches played every year in the Bangladesh.

Well Kenya is a good oponent and has good caliber. Hope they would play us annually like Newzealand and Australia does every year. It would be fun to watch who is going to better and what development going between these two every year.

CricTiger
February 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
Let it be like that.In the mean time,we have some serious business to take care first.Like SL series and then Aus.

zakir
February 18, 2006, 12:08 PM
Zimbabwe can be repalced by Scotland or Ireland. They
hosted Bangladesh twice in the last five years and right
now both Scotland and Ireland have ODI status and good teams.

ajithlalm
February 19, 2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah Ireland is playing better cricket. I think there are very competitive. I would like to know how many games we are going win if ever they play a ODI series say 3 games this year.

Asif
February 19, 2006, 05:18 AM
I don't know what u guys think, but I want zimbabwe team to come even thou its a depleted one. There are plenty of reasons why.. lets name a few:

** ODI ranking... kenya whitewashed zimbos 3-0 last year. We also won 3 matches but the series was 3-2. For this reason(and also others), our ranking is not going past zim and kenya despite our claim that we are a better side.

** Our claim doesn't matter... ranking does.. based on which the teams will be playing champions trophy, I believe. So, it would be unfortunate for us not to play to give space for either of those two teams.

** Kenya is playing 5 ODIs with zimbos now and if they repeat what they did last year.. they go to play champions trophy.. not us.

** If we just play kenya.. it would be very competitive and we may lose a game or two to Tikolo (resulting win to kenya). So, our ranking is not going ahead.

** If zimbos come.. we win. and WIN is always WIN.. takes our ranking ahead and morally boosts our ever de-moralized national cricketers.

** If we win those matches.. it is good for us (fans) too.. we get to cheer a bit with a huge grin on our faces at least on the day we win. It would help us do our things better(whatever it is .. studing for engineering, medicine or working tedious 8 hours shifts)...

Well, list goes on and on... and you guys are welcome to add more.

Now lets look at the news... Zimbabwe board has been reprimanded harshly by the ICC for curtailing the kenyan series to 3 ODIs and also for being indifferent about the Bangladesh tri-series. So, Zimbabwe board has reverted their decission and now they are going to play 5 ODIs

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/237765.html

Zimbabwe have dropped controversial plans to reduce the forthcoming one-day series against Kenya from five to three matches after the board was condemned by the ICC for its action over this and the proposed tri-nation series in Bangladesh.

My opinion, if kenyan team whitewashes them or beats them 4-1 or something, Zimbabwe team is not coming to play the Tri-series because they know what would happen to them unless otherwise ICC forces them to come as they did to revert their dicission of curtailed series against kenya.

In retrospect, I want them to COME even if it requires ICC's intervention (coercion if necessary).

Asif
February 21, 2006, 05:38 AM
Thats great... our boys should go there and beat them at (their) home

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 09:06 AM
A news from Janakantha is as reliable as a hollywood star in affair:down::umm: