PDA

View Full Version : Taibu thinks High about our Domestic: CI interview

Flipper
February 18, 2006, 11:59 AM
Taibu said he immensely enjoyed his stay in Bangladesh, where he played for two months. "The cricket was tough. It's probably in the top three of all the cricket that I have played."

CI Interview (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/237635.html)

sadi
February 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
really? thats nice to know

Dhakablues
February 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
I dont know why/how he can say such a thing.. Especially when you see how Old DOHS wins the title with umpires playing on their behalf....but what surprises me is, he really didnt do that well in the league yet he gets offer from lancashire.. how come our Farhad Reza, Rokon, Hannan et al doesnt get that kinda offers? Can we not have a cell ( or agents) in UK who contacts the clubs on behalf of these players and ? even if they get 200 pounds a week for pocket money,, I bet some Bangladeshi players will take that.....

esteban_loaiza
February 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
Standard of our domestic cricket is "jata". May be Taibu got good money out of it, so he thinks it is good.

Flipper
February 18, 2006, 01:08 PM
When a player of Taibu's caliber says something like this, there is some truth to it. May be, after all, we are improving!

Fazal
February 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
Taibu thinks High about our Domestic League

তাহলে তো মনে হচ্ছে আমাদের রোকন ওতোটা ফ্যালনা না...তার সাফল্লকে এতোটা তুচ্ছ করে দেখা উচিত না

CricTiger
February 18, 2006, 02:45 PM
আমার মনে হয় টাইবু টাকা খাইছে

reverse_swing
February 18, 2006, 02:47 PM
আসলে সাফল্য থেকেও বড়ো কথা যেহেতু তাইবুর নিজের পারফরমেন্স অতোটা ভালো না তাই এই তেল মারা কথা আর কি।

Spitfire_x86
February 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
তাইতো মনে হয়।

Umar
February 18, 2006, 03:14 PM
huh.....!! By making the tournament Tough....he is trying to escape.....dont u think so??

What he actually hiding is, he couldn't perform, but he is technically protecting himself and trying to say he can play better and because of taughness it was hard to score.....

But its actually ain't that all....I guess all off u understand by now.....

shovon13
February 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
so why is everyone looking to discredit taibu again? dont get this.

think about this crazy idea for a second. maybe, just maybe taibu (who spent most of his life playing club cricket in zimbabwe) thought our domestic cricket league really was one of the top 3 toughest leagues HE ever played in. doesn't hurt to believe that does it? its not even that big of a compliment guys. its not like the guy has been playing for english and aussi club teams. for gods sake quit putting bangladesh down.

p.s. thank you flipper. if anyone else believed taibu, thank you too.

TheWatcher
February 18, 2006, 04:51 PM
So, how is that mediocre Paki first class players like Rashed Hanif or Jafar Kuraishi shows such dominance in this such tough league:-/

cricman
February 18, 2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
So, how is that mediocre Paki first class players like Rashed Hanif or Jafar Kuraishi shows such dominance in this such tough league:-/

what about Imran Farhat?

Flipper
February 18, 2006, 08:35 PM
I am not suggesting that our domestic is one of the best in the world, but because players like Hanif, Kuraisihi, or our Rokon doing well (compared to Bashar et. al) in this league doesn't make this the worst. Hack, England county has a lot of players like Grame Hick, and that is a pretty damn good competition.

shovon13
February 19, 2006, 02:17 AM
yeah taibu said its one of the toughest cricket HE'S ever played. i said that in my first post too. only domestic leagues that taibu has played in are considered. if bangladesh is the toughest one out of those in the selected pool, its not really a surprise.

betaar
February 19, 2006, 02:24 AM
I think he's just praising BD domestic league so he can come back...
just to keep his option open.

To his defense, he didn't do well just cause he's not as familiar to our conditions as the pakis and indis players.

ajithlalm
February 19, 2006, 02:29 AM
well whats his future taibu? Is he going to play for Bangladesh international team after 4 years? Is he going back to Zimbabwe ? Is he going to England or Australia for his career?

bdmoderator
February 19, 2006, 03:25 AM
Nice to hear it from Taibu. :)

mshakir56
February 19, 2006, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Umar
huh.....!! By making the tournament Tough....he is trying to escape.....dont u think so??

What he actually hiding is, he couldn't perform, but he is technically protecting himself and trying to say he can play better and because of taughness it was hard to score.....

But its actually ain't that all....I guess all off u understand by now.....
Thats exactly what I had in my mind.

kaiser
February 19, 2006, 08:18 AM
In my opinion we shouldn't allow any "naturalized citizens" in our national team. Reasons for that:

1) We have a very good supply of talented cricketers. We don't want to discourage them. After all some of them are way better than Taibu.

2) Nay sayers will get another reason to sqake about how we
are not ready for international cricket.

K

battye
February 19, 2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by ajithlalm
well whats his future taibu? Is he going to play for Bangladesh international team after 4 years? Is he going back to Zimbabwe ? Is he going to England or Australia for his career?

England.. from what I understand he won't be playing for Zimbabwe again any time soon

reinausagi
February 19, 2006, 01:06 PM
Taibu said he immensely enjoyed his stay in Bangladesh, where he played for two months. "The cricket was tough. It's probably in the top three of all the cricket that I have played."

Compared to Mashonland vs. Manicland (sic?), I can see how our domestic cricket can seem tough to the ZIM captain...