PDA

View Full Version : Champions Trophy Playoff Issues again!

cricman
February 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
If Kenya Wins there Upcoming Series vs Zim then we are out of the Playfoffs

Kenya wins 5-0 : 78 rating 8th place
Kenya wins 4-1 : 63 rating 8th place
Kenya wins 3-2: 47 rating 8th place
Kenya loses 2-3 : 30 rating 9th place
Kenya Loses 1-4 : 18 rating 9th place

Assume we beat SriLanka once and Kenya wins 5-0 vs Zim

Bangladesh wins 3-0 vs Kenya: Kenya rating=45, BD rating=25

Kenya wins 4-1 vs ZIM and we win 1 vs SL

Bangladesh wins 3-0 vs Kenya: Kenya rating=31, BD=25

plus this from Cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/237765.html)

Insiders believe that Zimbabwe are deeply worried that Kenya might win the series and so leapfrog them in the ICC ODI Rankings, thus depriving them of a place in the lucrative ICC Champions Trophy play-offs

What has to happen for Bangladesh to get in : Hopefully win 2 or 1 vs SL and Pray ZIM wins 5-0 kenya or Bring in Kenya and ZIM for the TriSeries and WIN all 7 games

Edited on, February 18, 2006, 8:40 PM GMT, by cricman.

Fortuner
February 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
We really need to play and tri series wid zim and kenya which means 3 matches each..total 6 match and win all those and thus we get lots of point and the the final also..

we shld drw a test macth atleast vs lanak and win one odi vs lanka

akbar1
February 18, 2006, 05:17 PM
I think this is stupid. All test nations needs to be included in the trophy.

cracky
February 18, 2006, 07:50 PM
My suggestion is when Kenya arrives, first arrange some practice matches between our U 19 team and Kenya, I am sure our U 19 team will defeat them by respectable margin, which will be a mental boost for our national team and depressing for kenyans.

mshakir56
February 19, 2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by cracky
My suggestion is when Kenya arrives, first arrange some practice matches between our U 19 team and Kenya, I am sure our U 19 team will defeat them by respectable margin, which will be a mental boost for our national team and depressing for kenyans.
But that depression can turn against us during the actual matches of this series.

Shafin
February 19, 2006, 01:56 AM
Bring Zimbabwe at all cost,for the tri series,play it with 3 round format like the U-19 one.

ajithlalm
February 19, 2006, 02:16 AM
My suggestion is one play another 3 ODI in Kenya or in Zimbabwe against any of these team. If we win all the 3 we can get a higher ranking.

Another suggestion is to play against Ireland, Scotland, or Holland another 3 ODI matchs after April