PDA

View Full Version : Will They bounce back?

cricman
February 20, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'm glad i didn't watch this match, when i woke up and i saw the cricbuzz scoreboard and it said SL 119/5 I thought we were winning then saw BD's Score.

After a spirited bowling display and Bad fielding and awful shot selection if we do the basic's right i think we can still win

Plus does anyone have quotes by Wasim Akram?
The Presentation Ceremony is taken charge by Wasim Akram!

CricTiger
February 20, 2006, 10:08 AM
Do we have any other choices left here?We have to play better with the right batting order.This order was a crapy one .Does anyone know the team for the 2nd ODI ?Did they announce it yet?

Shafin
February 20, 2006, 10:10 AM
They will not bounce back

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
If they bat second then they will and they should . The wicket looks very good fro the seamers . Our seamers been bowling legs rather bowling on the off stumps . It's very tough to win batting first in that grassy wicket on Wednesday . I thought Srilanka will win by 7 wickets or less as they did . Srilanka has gone down a lot in odi rankings in last few months . At one stage they were at 2 now they are 7 . If Bangladeshi players can't bounce back now then they shouldn't play any more odi at all . There's no Vaas , Murali or Attapatu . So , that's the great chance for us Monday .

Todays match was totally crap as everyone fallen asleep when they were fielding even Bashar was yawning at one stage . On Wednesday they will good spirit to give a fight . Atleast we have to score 250 + while batting to give them a great fight . Good Luck Bangladesh , waiting for the big fight on Wednesday :)

BioMEMS
February 20, 2006, 10:25 AM
Forget about bouncing back. They can't even get the basics of cricket right and you expect them to perform against world class teams? I think I wasted enough time on these losers. I am moving on to do more productive things with my time from now on. I've had enough of this crap! :mad:

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 3:26 PM GMT, by BioMEMS.

Spitfire_x86
February 20, 2006, 10:30 AM
If bouncing back means "playing 2nd match and getting thrashed again", then they have pretty good chance of bouncing back.

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by BioMEMS
Forget about bouncing back. They can't even get the basics of cricket right and you expect them to perform against world class teams? I think I wasted enough time on these losers. I am moving on to do more productive things with my time from now on. I've had enough of this crap! :mad:

If we would have made 225 + then we would have won today . Our bad luck is , our batting is not getting right at all . We do need a batting coach now . It's always the batting collapse as usual . Who told them to play a day night match in the village ? When you are in the village then you feel like to sleep early as always . Our players are not used to on it . A day match will give them a husge boost :) So , that would be good fight wednesday . We have to win , there's no option . If we can't win then we will loose the series 48 hours :(

6alltheway
February 20, 2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
If bouncing back means "playing 2nd match and getting thrashed again", then they have pretty good chance of bouncing back.

Yep agree. GO :fanflag:

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 3:45 PM GMT, by 6alltheway.

Kana-Baba
February 20, 2006, 10:54 AM
A BIG NO

BioMEMS
February 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh
If we would have made 225 + then we would have won today .

Hard to predict because most of the SL wickets were due to careless shots from their batsmen. They basically knew that the target was too easy so didn't mind playing those loose shots. Don't forget these guys beat Autralia at home just a few days ago!

Our bad luck is , our batting is not getting right at all . We do need a batting coach now . It's always the batting collapse as usual .

Well it has been many since since they started playing cricket at the highest level. If these gadhas don't learn from their own mistakes, I don't think any batting coach is going to make much difference.

Who told them to play a day night match in the village ? When you are in the village then you feel like to sleep early as always . Our players are not used to on it .

Rater bela panta bhat kheye mathe namle to ghum ashbei! I hope they are getting the right nutrition to keep themselves alert.

A day match will give them a husge boost :) So , that would be good fight wednesday . We have to win , there's no option . If we can't win then we will loose the series 48 hours :(

Nobody is asking them to win even a single match. BUT at least fight for your pride! They just seem not bothered about improving their game at all. Well good luck to all those who are still planning to follow the series.

Darwin
February 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
Nope Bangladesh won't win and I don't see the point of Bangladesh turning up cos they always lose to Srilanka!

irteja
February 20, 2006, 11:14 AM
hell no...they will lose 3 - 0...i can put my houise on bet

Shakalaka
February 20, 2006, 11:21 AM
if they can score 250 plus, they have a chance to beat lankans. but i really expect them to win any games, rather i want them to fight till the last ball. may be then, we can get one win somehow.

But the way they are playing now. its seems to me we would be better off to let our Under 19 team play. Atleast they would score more than 118.

Darwin
February 20, 2006, 11:25 AM
Haha thats a good one - even if they score 300 they wouldnt be able to beat Srilanka!

sheshprohor
February 20, 2006, 12:16 PM
Yah..they will bounce back.......but....TO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION :E

Prohor

reza_15
February 20, 2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Darwin
Haha thats a good one - even if they score 300 they wouldnt be able to beat Srilanka!

who the hell are you ? SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 06:51 PM
We would have won if we have had 225+ on the scoreboard . That's damn bouncy track .

gravitY
February 20, 2006, 07:15 PM
NO, coz they're a bunch of dumb.. never learn anything.

i'm so pissed after the batting collapse, for no reason. I wonder what would've happend if Vass/Murali were there. :mad::mad:

nyraju
February 20, 2006, 08:12 PM
they can bounce back if they make like 250 rans.bangly bowlers are good .we jast miss tapash bishue. he is good bowler.and also bring javed omar.kapily should bat at 6 and give him 8 to 10 overs to bowl. he is a good allrounder. bangladesh should bat all 50 overs.when 2 or 3 wicket gun ,next batsman should stay in crize and face all the bowl with out making any ran .50 overs is lot.bangladeshi batsman like to play stroke. to win the match bangladesh should play all 50 overs and making 230 to 250 rans if they bat first.....

nyraju
February 20, 2006, 08:13 PM
:sorry:

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 08:23 PM
If we would have made 225 + then we would have won today .

Hard to predict because most of the SL wickets were due to careless shots from their batsmen. They basically knew that the target was too easy so didn't mind playing those loose shots. Don't forget these guys beat Autralia at home just a few days ago!

Our bad luck is , our batting is not getting right at all . We do need a batting coach now . It's always the batting collapse as usual .

Well it has been many since since they started playing cricket at the highest level. If these gadhas don't learn from their own mistakes, I don't think any batting coach is going to make much difference.

Who told them to play a day night match in the village ? When you are in the village then you feel like to sleep early as always . Our players are not used to on it .

Rater bela panta bhat kheye mathe namle to ghum ashbei! I hope they are getting the right nutrition to keep themselves alert.

A day match will give them a huge boost :) So , that would be good fight wednesday . We have to win , there's no option . If we can't win then we will loose the series 48 hours :(

Nobody is asking them to win even a single match. BUT at least fight for your pride! They just seem not bothered about improving their game at all. Well good luck to all those who are still planning to follow the series.

Just let me compare with something :)

Last 3 matches Srilanka played against Australia they just one won only 1 match in there and then you compare Bangladesh played last 3 matches against Australia and they won one game as well . Now no more confusion at all . Srilanka is now number 7 on odi rankings . So , how can you say it's good team ?

esteban_loaiza
February 20, 2006, 08:42 PM
I mean we need to see some decent scores so that the match is a little more interesting. If you go back 15 years, we were scoring alomost same (sometimes even more) runs against test playing countries. We certainly can score more than that now. May be the players dont want to do the hard work staying in the wicket, just looking for the easy route to come back to the pavillion. If that is the case, even the question of bouncing back does not apply to us..............

Has anyone explored the condition if we have to bat second?

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 1:43 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

insideedge
February 20, 2006, 08:58 PM
How many times in the past has this team bounced back?

Search for the past results. You will get your reply.

Mav
February 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
They may bounce back - on the wickets = hit wicket.
If i had the power, i wud have sent these fags to pluck rice in Bogra paddy fields.

Fazal
February 20, 2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin

Agree ... most likely they will be bounced around violently rathat than bounce back.

When our so called superstars cannot even perform in the so called lowly rated domestic league, thats a clear cut indication about the state of their form.

Unfortunately many memebers here just ignored that warning by saying its just a useless and meaningess domestic league, don't worry, in real game tthe real stars (like Bashar, Rajin, Pilot, etc) would perform.

GuruTM
February 20, 2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

Agree ... most likely they will be bounced around violently rathat than bounce back.

When our so called superstars cannot even perform in the so called lowly rated domestic league, thats a clear cut indication about the state of their form.

Unfortunately many memebers here just ignored that warning by saying its just a useless and meaningess domestic league, don't worry, in real game tthe real stars (like Bashar, Rajin, Pilot, etc) would perform.

Great post. Best post for quite a long time. :up:

Haradhon
February 20, 2006, 10:30 PM
BD's problem is once we lose both openers, there is no one to take the helm. Bashar and Ashraful should do a better job to steady the innings. On the other hand SriLanka has Jayavardane and Sangakara to take charge even when Jayasuriya and Attapattu are out.

FagunerAgun
February 20, 2006, 10:37 PM
There is nothing to bounce back in this team unless until the next generation replaces them successfully. One or two surprising win(s) is a mere consolation of a long, disapppointing and tedious journey in the name of test cricket.

It sounds pessimistic but we saw it over and over again in last 6 years.:fire::fanflag:

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 3:40 AM GMT, by FagunerAgun.

thebest
February 21, 2006, 03:13 AM
:fire::fire::fire:
it is bouncing. Definetly they would bounce back to pavilion shortly after the game started.

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 03:26 AM
... most likely they will be bounced around violently rathat than bounce back.
Like this
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9585/zzzzz1cx.gif

Asif
February 21, 2006, 06:12 AM
... most likely they will be bounced around violently rathat than bounce back.
Like this

:great:

Can't stop laughing looking at that... it gets more meaningful when u take one of our players at a time.... imagine they are getting bounced like that by weak (thats what bashar said) srilankan bowlers

fy288
February 21, 2006, 06:47 AM
i was surprised yesterday with the exclusion of Javed Omar, yes he is slow but does regularly ensures BD gets a good solid start, and this is crucial in the first 10 overs at least.

Anyway with players like aftab, Ash, Rafique and even mortaza, they can easily up the run rate and this will happen more often as the pressure of adding runs falls due to the solid start, the players can then play their natural game.

The first ODI was there for BD to win, but looking forward we have 2 more games and i expect BD to perform better especially the batsmen.

(PS: Happy that Omar has been included along with Nazmul Hossain for 2nd ODI)

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 11:48 AM GMT, by fy288.

hkooraham
February 21, 2006, 08:49 AM

If we would have made 225 + then we would have won today . Our bad luck is , our batting is not getting right at all . We do need a batting coach now . It's always the batting collapse as usual . Who told them to play a day night match in the village ? When you are in the village then you feel like to sleep early as always . Our players are not used to on it . A day match will give them a husge boost :) So , that would be good fight wednesday . We have to win , there's no option . If we can't win then we will loose the series 48 hours :(

If B'desh made 225, Sri Lanka's approach too would have been different. So you can't say you would have won if you made 225.

Also, Sri Lanka took things very lightly and casually in the end, trying to finish it off soon and that's how they lost the last 3 wickets. Don't read too much into the 5 wickets they lost. They got there in just 25 overs and the whole match lasted just over 60 overs. So SL did whack B'desh. Make no mistake of it.

hkooraham
February 21, 2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by fy288
i was surprised yesterday with the exclusion of Javed Omar, yes he is slow but does regularly ensures BD gets a good solid start, and this is crucial in the first 10 overs at least.

Anyway with players like aftab, Ash, Rafique and even mortaza, they can easily up the run rate and this will happen more often as the pressure of adding runs falls due to the solid start, the players can then play their natural game.

The first ODI was there for BD to win, but looking forward we have 2 more games and i expect BD to perform better especially the batsmen.

(PS: Happy that Omar has been included along with Nazmul Hossain for 2nd ODI)

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 11:48 AM GMT, by fy288.

Javed should have played and also Kapali should have come in earlier.

hkooraham
February 21, 2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by thebest
:fire::fire::fire:
it is bouncing. Definetly they would bounce back to pavilion shortly after the game started.

Great !

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 08:55 AM
I put my money on , they will bounce back . You guys already forgot the way Srilanka lost to the Aussies . That was more shameful , wasn't it ? When Australia played against New Zealand they lost very badly too . It doesn't mean NZ is a bad team :) Srilanka is way too good for us but we will g7ive a fight in 24 hours for sure . Let's watch what happens . If they can't score more than 240+ in 2nd odi then they shouldn't be played in any international levels from then on .

sar2005
February 21, 2006, 09:13 AM
Don't understand at all how a team like Bangladesh even dare to exclude JO. If you look into our last few matches, there are many cases when we failed to stay at the wicket for 50 overs. It is for sure that you need someone at the top like Gilchrist or Shewag in today's oneday game. But ONLY if you have solid middle order like Dravid, Laxman or Ponting, Martin, Hussy. JO is proven best player of BD in playing new ball (NEW BALL!! The most devastating thing for BD batsmen). You must need someone to play sheet anchor role, at least in a team like BD.

I don't really understand that why JO should not be openning our innings in ODI. If he is expired, we still need someone like him at the top. Remember, pinch hitters will not click on everyday.

Alright, another point is, don't you want JO to open in test in this serries? I thought, he should be getting a chance to know about SL bowlers in ODI whom eventually he would be facing in test matches.

Hope someone realises it!!

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 09:16 AM
I think you should take a look at this thread before saying all this for JO
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=16062

fai_hasan
February 21, 2006, 02:00 PM
the next match would be surely better than the last one. the pitch was new, and Bangladesh played the first match on the pitch. that's why they had such a disaster. it would be changed.

fai_hasan
February 21, 2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by fy288
i was surprised yesterday with the exclusion of Javed Omar, yes he is slow but does regularly ensures BD gets a good solid start, and this is crucial in the first 10 overs at least.[/i]

you have a good point bro. i think we need a match to play at least 48 overs. if we play that many overs, it is more than assured that the run would be more than 220

rudro
February 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
Well he is there now, he better perform!

sar2005
February 21, 2006, 02:52 PM
yeah, let's hope the whole team perform!! How much they can that we don't want to remember but hope......something......this time!

'Din ashe din jay rat ashey rat jai, abar din ashe'........eibar hoito amader din ashbe.

Bounce back strongly guys .:fanflag:

sadi
February 21, 2006, 03:00 PM
Ei din din noy, aro din ase, ei din ke niye jabe oi diner kase.... opps :yawn:

aosaif
February 21, 2006, 04:15 PM
Guys don't give up. These tigers have some fight left in them yet. Just take your mind back to Ash's 158 against India and Aftab's 80 against England. Kapali is actually looking to stay at the crease and we will have an extra batsman in the side today.

cricman
February 22, 2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 08:43 AM
they bounced sl like this

:great:

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 08:58 AM
Did they bounce back now ? People who said they can't play cricket and they won't bounce back they shouldn't put these sort of comments anymore . If you still want to put some stupid commemnts like that then you should go and support Srilanka .