PDA

View Full Version : I think it was a good fight

DJ Sahastra
February 20, 2006, 10:55 AM
I didn't follow the match - i was asleep. But the score-card suggests that it was a good fight .

Actually, it seems BD team didn't give up after folding for such a meagre total. That, to me, is a positive sign.

No excuse for such low score and BD team needs to sit back and reflect on it. That said, i am glad it was not an 8-10 wickets loss.

And i also don't understand the merit of Kapali batting at #9. He should be used as pinch-hitter or a late-middle order batsman but #9 is a waste of his abilities. It would be good to have some clear explanation from the Coach/Captain as to what were they thinking. It may or may not have mattered but it crtainly makes sense to know what the strategy was.

Darwin
February 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Well the only reason Bangladesh only lost by 5 wickets is because the Srilankans couldn't be cothered with facing deliveries from Club Rate Bowlers.

irteja
February 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
hell no...that was not a good fight.....they destroyed us.....it may be call good fight in early 90s but not today.....all out 118 in more then 14 overs remaining ...and they even did not need to play 25 overs to score that one...5 wicket deafeat.....whats wrong with u Dj.....what a shame:down:

Ahmed_B
February 20, 2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Actually, it seems BD team didn't give up after folding for such a meagre total. That, to me, is a positive sign.
Actually... you may say "the BD bowlers din't give up". It's the same old story.... batsmen let us down and bowlers put up big fight magnifying our regrets about what would have happened if we had few more runs scored!

The equation is very simple (and can be applied in most of the cases):
You don't win matches if you don't bat well.. no matter how good you field or bowl!

Shakalaka
February 20, 2006, 11:13 AM
not a good fight at all. Bowling was better than batting. Specially opening pairs bowled good. But not a good fight man. Batting was sad, to say the least.

need to score more than 250, to have chance. i think we have good bowling, especially when we play home.

Darwin
February 20, 2006, 11:14 AM
[....edited....]

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 4:33 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: Strong warning immediately: This is not a hatered forum!

irteja
February 20, 2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Darwin
[...edited...]

darwin bangladesh team bowlers are much better then batsman...do not blame them unless batsman give them a good score to defend

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 4:34 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content

Electrequiem
February 20, 2006, 11:26 AM
i hate this inevitable pattern in our team. I mean if you see that the first 2 or 3 wickets are down quick, it seems that the other batsmen WANT to follow the cue.

Shakalaka
February 20, 2006, 11:31 AM
batsmen like aftab and ash are totally waste. they just come to show off their swing, no real Cricket technique. They play like their fourteen generation is guranteed spot in this team.

I say drop Ash and stupids like him for some games, they all need to understand when you represent your country, it means something. its just not impressing your next door girl.

Spitfire_x86
February 20, 2006, 12:31 PM
On paper it wasn't a 8-10 wicket loss, but in reality it was as bad as 8-10 wicket loss. In fact, Srilanka could've won by 8 wickets if they didn't try so hard to get the last few runs with boundaries.

This match ranks as one of the top dissapointments in our cricket history. Aftab and Ash's dismissal made me want to puke.

According to Bashar, they played Kapali at #9 just because they wanted a batsman at #9! When the team management's intelligence goes down to this level, then it's foolish to expect good performance from them.

CricTiger
February 20, 2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
When the team management's intelligence goes down to this level, then it's foolish to expect good performance from them.

You have nailed the issue.Could not agree more than this.

:up::up:

BD Tigers
February 20, 2006, 01:11 PM
Good one Spitfire. If you need a batsman at 9, then surely there is a problem w/ the head of the think tank. Also I cant understand why Kapali has to bat there. It can be Rafique or even Chacha bat there cause he got better technique then any of those. I know he was not among the runs but since he got in the team, he needs to play at 6/7 position. He looked good in the 1st match so hopefully he will move up.

reza_15
February 20, 2006, 06:39 PM
well there is no doubt that our bowling was good

brikonwall
February 20, 2006, 08:34 PM
I don't no why, in paper our Batting department is always stronger than our bowling department all the time...but in the match it's the bowling that does better most of or all the time. I saw the same trend in our U-19 team also.

esteban_loaiza
February 20, 2006, 09:02 PM
Because most of our batsmen's role model is Tendulkar or Sehwag and they think they cant play like them then there is no good staying at the wicket. On the other hand, our bowlers do not have any role model probably. (Does Rafiques have a role model?) The bowlers maintain low profiles and if they play well they dont get a visit from local BNP or Awami leaders. Yes, that's why they are more intelligent. However, I think it is high time that our batsmen change their role model to players like Rameej Raza or Trescothik or Chanderpaul...............

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 2:05 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

MarufH
February 20, 2006, 09:10 PM
Not really a good fight? We know Ashraful can play better.. we know Shumon can, aftab can Shahriar can... how was it a good fight?

Mav
February 20, 2006, 09:23 PM
what`s bad fighting then?

Fazal
February 20, 2006, 09:43 PM
I think it was a good fight

কাটা ঘায়ে নুনের ছিটা ? লাগাও লাগাও ...

আমাদের ও সময় আসবে ..... আর কটা দিন সবুর করো রসুন বুনেছি (u-19)