PDA

View Full Version : BD team for second ODI

irteja
February 20, 2006, 11:47 AM
After what happened today, I like to see three changes in Bangladesh team. Since chacha announced his retirement I do not consider him .

1.Javed omor
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Al shariar rokon (do not surprised)
6. Alok kapali
7. aftab ahmed
8. khaled masud pailot
9. monjurul islam rana
10. Mohammad rafique
11. mashrafi murtaza
taposh basha ( supersab)

let us know what u think

:fanflag:

Mithu
February 20, 2006, 11:48 AM
chacha ar nai?

Tehsin
February 20, 2006, 11:50 AM
Chacha declared that he would retire after the first ODI and that would be his last match.

Flipper
February 20, 2006, 11:52 AM
Yes we lost Badly! But, we are going to stick to the same team. The only exception, Rana in- ChaCha out!

irteja
February 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
stick with the same team?...well in our team we have some batsman who score good runs once in 6 or 7 games...why some perticular batsman getting chance every time......whats wrong with other talented young batsman....i strongly think after what under 19 team did in recent world cup 1 or 2 should awarded by putting in national team.....specially mushfiq and mehrab jr

CTazim
February 20, 2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by irteja
stick with the same team?...well in our team we have some batsman who score good runs once in 6 or 7 games...why some perticular batsman getting chance every time......whats wrong with other talented young batsman....i strongly think after what under 19 team did in recent world cup 1 or 2 should awarded by putting in national team.....specially mushfiq and mehrab jr

On the contrary, I think the U-19 team need to wait before they are brought to the next level. Maybe 1 or 2 years in Bangladesh A. That too after they consistently perform as Bangladesh A. Consistently means not 1 or 2 game (Nafis Iqbal did that with England and look where he is now?).

Consistency means they play for 1 whole year for Banglaedesh A.

Say you are a doctoral candidate. In your First graduate level course you scored BETTER THAN anyone in your class. You drop out of the program and start a job as a professor. In the meantime, the ones in your class who had "supposedly" less potential than you go through the program, studies rigorously and END UP being in a better position then you are. You with your one course A+ becomes a total discard, eventually. PROMISE and POTENTIAL needs to be backed up with propert training and exposure..

So everyone, sit back and think about this for a minute..
The problem is with our development process. It is great upto U-19 and then it is not quite there.

Spitfire_x86
February 20, 2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Flipper
Yes we lost Badly! But, we are going to stick to the same team. The only exception, Rana in- ChaCha out!
Ditto :up:

pilot fan
February 20, 2006, 12:37 PM
as long as the lads try there best i am happey as we should all be

CricTiger
February 20, 2006, 12:42 PM
Still Javed is the answer for our Openning Slot .You accept it or not.

tansir
February 20, 2006, 12:46 PM
After what happened today, I like to see three changes in Bangladesh team. Since chacha announced his retirement I do not consider him .

1.Javed omor
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Habibul Bashar
6. Alok kapali
7. aftab ahmed
8. khaled masud pailot
9. monjurul islam rana
10. Mohammad rafique
11. mashrafi murtaza
taposh basha ( supersab)

let us know what u think

Ei team e bowler koi?? SL to 400 korbo....Ur team will work if BD bats first....but what if it's forced to do the other way round i.e. field first?

tansir
February 20, 2006, 12:51 PM
I think Rajin should be dropped and Rana should be in inplace of Chacha. However, considering the pacer friendly pitch of Bogra I'd prefer Tapash in place of Chacha. If you have a team consiting of 10 batters but still manage only 118, I think it's better to have a basic team composition.

(1) Shariyar Nafees
(2) JO
(3) Aftab Ahmed
(4) Ashraful
(5) Basher
(6) Pilot
(7) Kopali
(8) Rana/Tapash
(9) Rafiq
(10) Russel
(11) Masrafe

And don't forget to include Rokon as the 15th member.

BD Tigers
February 20, 2006, 12:58 PM
I agree w/ Tansir. But I'd like to see Rana play as regular and have Tapash as Super Sub. In that way if we field first, we still have 2 pacers but if we bat 2nd, then tapash can replace any top order batsmen and we will have 3 pacers.

BTW, I still don't understand why Sumon wanted to bat first in a pitch where this team never played. I know batting 2nd means they will have to bat under lights but at least they will know what to expect from the pitch. I hope this time he makes better judgement of the pitch.

Rubu
February 20, 2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger

I do not accept. JO can be a proxy until we find the answer, but he is definitely not the answer for ODI.

for one simple reason: He is not able to take singles. If we take him, he might stop the diarrhoea, and in return he will eat up so many overs that the game is already dead. If we do not take him, we run the risk of diarrhoea of wicket. but if the other openers servive we have a better chance of win. to go for win or to save our 'back' is a hard decision to make at this moment. personally, i'd say go for win, but I'd not have anything against those who wants to save the back. i'm happy either way.

irteja
February 20, 2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by tansir

1.Javed omor
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Habibul Bashar
6. Alok kapali
7. aftab ahmed
8. khaled masud pailot
9. monjurul islam rana
10. Mohammad rafique
11. mashrafi murtaza
taposh basha ( supersab)

let us know what u think

Ei team e bowler koi?? SL to 400 korbo....Ur team will work if BD bats first....but what if it's forced to do the other way round i.e. field first?

if bashar think he will bowled first he take tapash as regular ans nafeez as supersub...in case he loose the toss and forsed to bat then JO and ash will open....

SMHasan
February 20, 2006, 01:28 PM
What would happen if we could perform nicely in the first one dayer? We would appreciate the players definitely. Now they lost the match badly which is dissapointing, we all expected something
good from our players but they failed again. After 6 months we saw tehm playing but it was only full of insult.

Now we need to see do we have better players. I dont think so, I can't see any player can change our fate overnight specially some people are saying to bring Javed Omor back into the team. But will it do any good to us? Dont think so cos he eats too many balls.

So we better stick with the current team. Another thing is that if we wana change the team then we should change the hole team n we said it before. Its not the best way to be the best in the world.We should try our best to do our best with what we have got.So pls no change!

Remeber everyone failed today not a single player failed. So dont blame S Nafees.

irteja
February 20, 2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rubu

I do not accept. JO can be a proxy until we find the answer, but he is definitely not the answer for ODI.

for one simple reason: He is not able to take singles. If we take him, he might stop the diarrhoea, and in return he will eat up so many overs that the game is already dead. If we do not take him, we run the risk of diarrhoea of wicket. but if the other openers servive we have a better chance of win. to go for win or to save our 'back' is a hard decision to make at this moment. personally, i'd say go for win, but I'd not have anything against those who wants to save the back. i'm happy either way.

We need 11 javed omar in our team....at least he did not through his wicket...today our team got all-out at 35th over...JO is more mature then most of the hot blooded young batsman........he is a team man....and he always encourage other teammate in field...and do not forget JO is our best fielder too.

esteban_loaiza
February 20, 2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Rubu

At least JO hangs around. The other guys also cant or dont take singles. Some score big shots and then got out. Some score nothing and got out. Compare the stats of different players with JO. He is the best opener for Bangladesh. If he plays slow, let him play slow because others cant even do that. We are thinking about scoring runs fast but the problem is we need to survive overs to score runs. We cant score runs from dressing room. Our selectors definitely thought like you, so see how the team played..........

AsifTheManRahman
February 20, 2006, 01:38 PM
eshob team banay ki hobe? kono labh nai...jara bochorer por bochor kheleo kisu shikhlo na tara r ki khelbe...majhe moddhe ekta/duita match jitbe r ki...kintu majhkhane 50ta matche jei gu marka khela khelbe sheta dekhe bomi kore dawa chara r kono upay thakbe na

irteja
February 20, 2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks esteban_loaiza for supporting me. I even think javed should be the captain of the team…..it looks like bashar is sleeping in the field…he was is hurry to get out and sleep in dressing room….basar bar bar hai ditashilo…kono ODI khelte ase captain yer jodi ei abosta hoi to oh baki member der ki ujjibito korbe….on the other hand look at JO …JO always look enthuastic…he always give support to other member…he is very friendly…everyone like him…dependable like rahul dravid….good example...Experience…he did not play for record or to be hero….he plays for the country

sadi
February 20, 2006, 01:42 PM
lets give this team another chance.... there is no point changing the whole team now

Spitfire_x86
February 20, 2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
eshob team banay ki hobe? kono labh nai...jara bochorer por bochor kheleo kisu shikhlo na tara r ki khelbe...majhe moddhe ekta/duita match jitbe r ki...kintu majhkhane 50ta matche jei gu marka khela khelbe sheta dekhe bomi kore dawa chara r kono upay thakbe na
একেবারে ঠিক কথা।

Sometimes I wonder, if Brett Lee can bat better than our so called "batsmen" with much less batting practice and coaching, then does practice and coaching really make any difference?

esteban_loaiza
February 20, 2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
একেবারে ঠিক কথা।

Sometimes I wonder, if Brett Lee can bat better than our so called "batsmen" with much less batting practice and coaching, then does practice and coaching really make any difference?

That's why you dont want test status before you are eligible for that. Now we dont know how to protect the status as we were not prepared for it. To be honest, we are not even trying our best. That's what pisses me off.

pagol-chagol
February 20, 2006, 02:04 PM

Until they grow up and lose their virginity, these crackheads need Javed for protection.

Dhakablues
February 20, 2006, 05:15 PM
Thats a bit harsh comment..

For the second ODI, I dont think there will be much change. In fact, we dont really have that much options either. They are all the same pretty much... In reality the issue is we really dont have world class players in our bunch... And thats the sad part. None here can be compared to Inzamam, Lara, Flintoff, Dravid etc.

Shakalaka
February 20, 2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

Until they grow up and lose their virginity, these crackheads need Javed for protection.

SAD BUT TRUE....

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 06:34 PM
Let's see what I think ;

1) Nafees Iqbal
2) Javed Omar
3) Shahriar Nafees
4) Bashar
5) Ashraful
6) Aftaab
7) Pilot
8) Rana
9) Rafique
10) Mashrafe
11) Russel

Super Sub : Tapash Baishya

Mahir
February 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
Rana has to come in, be it the role of the supersub. But frankly, an utility player like should be a fixture in the ODI team, just like Shujon was, for whatever the reason it was for shujon... And if Kapali bats that low in the order, you might as well wanna open with two "nightwatchmen", by sending Rasel and Mash to open. :exclamation:

In all seriousness, this is my team for the next match, despite my reluctance to post any line-up due to these poor shows which are becoming inevitable on a regular interval. anyways...

1. S Nafees
2. Rajin

3. Aftab (bowler)
4. Ashraful
5. Bashar
6. Alok (bowler)

7. Mashud
8. Rana (bowler)
9. Rafique (bowler)
10. Mashrafee (bowler)
11. Rasel (bowler)

SuperSub : Razzak

So, Rana should be the only change, going in for Shujon, and Razzak can stay as the sub.

BagherBacha
February 20, 2006, 08:10 PM
1.shariar

2.javed

3.aftab

4.ashraful

5.alok

6.bashar

7.Rana

8.Masud

9.Rafique

10.Mash

11.Rasel

esteban_loaiza
February 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
We could certainly change our super-sub cant we?

Rabz
February 20, 2006, 09:50 PM
i get really upset when people talk about JO's exclusion from the team. That guy,for one, has been a consistent performer for the team even let it be consistent slow run-taker. As said by someone previously, i'd rather have 11 JO in my team and score 180/7 after 50 overs than having super-talented ultra-stroke maker god-gifted genius ashraful aftab n co and get all out for 118 in 35 overs. Anyone can go out there and hit couple of boundaries, hell i think after 5 yrs training (as this boys are having) even I can score few runs in a ODI or test.

If thats the case, whats the difference btw me and this super-star batsmen of our team ??

We probably has missed our best chance of beating the rusty Lankans yesterday. They had adopt and adopt fast to our wicket after coming from Australia. And we played in our home soil. Irrespective of new wicket, it was still our ground and we made a mess of it.

I'll never understand why our players dont get maturity. Guess its the result of becoming overnight sensation for scoring a mediocre 35 against the big boys !! and then u r set in the team for the rest of the season.

And ashraful is the worst criminal in that case. All been said and done before about him, no point of drawing back again. But im really surprised at his lack of maturity and responsibility even after being in this game for a good 5 yrs now.

My team for the second ODI:

JO ( sheet anchor)
Nafees (stroke maker)
Rajin ( fielding is a bonus)
Habib ( well.. undisputed)
Kapali ( offering his leggie service as well)
Aftab (offering 5th bowler service Plus offer stroke later overs)
Mashud ( undisputed)
Rafiq (undisputed)
Mashree (must hv)
Rana ( is there any other option ?? don know)
Rasel ( obviously)
Razzak (super-sub)

Drinks: Ashraful
Towel: Whatmore
Shoes: Rokon
Pads: Tushar (will fly to bogra for this job)

AsifTheManRahman
February 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
well if this is how we are going to play for the rest of our lives, then i have issues with the amount that we are spending behind cricket. i also don't understand why we should even attempt to pick a best 11 as opposed to holding a lottery and selecting eleven random guys from the NCL: the outcome can't be any worse than this.

the U-19 boys are doing great; but they will never be able to carry this on to the national team unless the regulars over there are performing consistently. they will simply be forced to flow in the wrong direction to find themselves stranded in nothingness with no runs but only edges coming off their bats, and nothing but plain air to clutch onto when a ball comes their way while fielding.

gravitY
February 20, 2006, 11:39 PM

very true..

fwullah
February 21, 2006, 12:46 AM
AsifTheManRahman, you are speaking the harsh-truths in this thread.

Pundit
February 21, 2006, 12:49 AM
JO for Rajin.

Not sure who takes Mahmud's spot.

rudro
February 21, 2006, 11:09 AM
I am surprised! you all have so much energy after the suicide playing of our team!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! I have a question for you .. for those who favor excluding JO:

Is it better to have

11 batsmen w/o JO who will be all out in 35.5 overs scoring just 118 runs (SR = 55%)

OR

11 batsmen including JO who will play at least 10 of those overs at a SR of 60% and the team together will put at least 180?

Fazal
February 21, 2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by rudro
Is it better to have

11 batsmen w/o JO who will be all out in 35.5 overs scoring just 118 runs (SR = 55%)

OR

11 batsmen including JO who will play at least 10 of those overs at a SR of 60% and the team together will put at least 180?

None. I like the 3rd choice

Mon
February 21, 2006, 12:04 PM
The following is my pick. I am truly disgusted by Ashraful and Rajin saleh. I don't think there is any point including either of them into the team.

1.Javed omar
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Alok Kapali (Bo+Bat)
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Nafees Iqbal Khan
6. aftab ahmed(Bo+Bat)
7. khaled masud pailot
8. monjurul islam rana (Bo+Bat)/Enamul Haque
9. Mohammad rafique(Bo)
10. mashrafi murtaza(Bo)
11. Syed Rasel(Bo)/Nazmul Hossain/Taposh Baisya

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 5:05 PM GMT, by Mon.

Fortuner
February 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
Sad but true we need JO coz he will atleast score something in 20's and 30's for us normally but Rajin cant gurantee to do so but yes Rajin can take singles....JO cant...

Alas...we have no option at present other than taking JO...in opening...:(:(:(

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 5:58 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

irteja
February 21, 2006, 09:13 PM
i am happy to see rana and javed is playing in second odi