PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Khaled Mahmud in ODI Squad

babubangla
February 20, 2006, 11:54 AM
Khaled Mahmud announced his retirement and will not be available for selection for the remaining 2 matches in the ODI series. So, our official 15-player squad now came down to 14-player squad. Does anyone know of any news/plan for Mahmud's replacement to make it a 15-man squad again?

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 5:00 PM GMT, by babubangla.

cricman
February 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
Rahim,Rahim PLZ!!

CricTiger
February 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by cricman
Rahim,Rahim PLZ!!

I concur with you 100%

Rubu
February 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
Rana!

A couple of those please.

Kana-Baba
February 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
No Rahim please. Let us groom for a year by including him A team, Bangladesh XI or eny other kind of team that has chance to play against foreign team.

esteban_loaiza
February 20, 2006, 01:08 PM
I believe Nazmul should be in the first XI with JO. Drop Rajin and make hime super-sub.

thebest
February 20, 2006, 08:44 PM
Rahim He knows how to bat in carnage. Bangaldesh Batting whether national or u19 always in carnage. So bring Rahim take out any of those worthless batsman. It does not matter whether it is Ash, Bash, Rajin, Aftab

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 08:51 PM
Rajin should get dropped bring Nafis Iqbal on his spot . Rana for Khaled Mahmud Golla has to be in from somewhere too .

cricketboy
February 20, 2006, 08:55 PM
Mehrab Hossain(Jr) can also be looked at. :umm:

MarufH
February 20, 2006, 09:07 PM
Al Shahriar definately deserves a chance. He is the leading scorer in club cricket. he is a middle order and fighting bowler like Khaled mahmud. If anyone has to replace its him.
And please brothers.. lets not think about another under 19 player. We've nearly wasted Asraful and Aftab by giving them chance before they mature. We need to let these players grow into mature man first.

Fazal
February 20, 2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by thebest
Rahim He knows how to bat in carnage. Bangaldesh Batting whether national or u19 always in carnage. So bring Rahim take out any of those worthless batsman. It does not matter whether it is Ash, Bash, Rajin, Aftab

:up:

For me, only exception may be Aftab (with a quation mark). I was expecting much worse from Aftab after his long absent from domestic league due to illness,

sadi
February 21, 2006, 12:27 AM
aftab was okay... but the way he got out wasnt pretty at all... he got out not because he was away from cricket, but because he was away from his brain

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 12:28 AM
It has to be "rana" who else ? Why people not understanding the cricket as yet ?

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 02:23 AM
Al shahrier.We should give him his last chance when he is in form

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 02:28 AM
If Rokon makes his comeback against a test side then he will screw up for sure. This is what history tells. Since he is really palying well (again in our poor domestic crcket), he might be considered for some trial camp or A-team. That's it.

Ahmed_B
February 21, 2006, 02:53 AM
The problems are:
1) Opening pair needs to be fixed.
2) #3/4/5/6 needs to cool down their head.
3) Kapali needs to be brought at #7 or 8
4) We need a solid Middle-order... not try again for making the tail stronger.

(My guess.. from logical thinking)
Option-1
-Rajin maybe forced higher up the order to make the middle-order stronger. He, after all, is a middle-order player.
-To fill up the gap in Opening Slot, JO may be called in.
-So it's again Kapali vs. Rana fighting for the Allrounder spot in the team. Don't know who will be played.

Option-2
If Rajin is kept at his place as opener, Rana maybe called in as Middle-order-cum-allrounder.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 03:05 AM
I hope our selectors are giving as much as thought that we are giving....... the players made it look bad but selectors will have to take their responsibilty for this loss.... if not there is not point playing the next match...

sadi
February 21, 2006, 09:18 AM
I think rana will play in place of chacha and will bat in number 8... kapali will come at number 6 and pilot at number 7

Carte Blanche
February 21, 2006, 09:28 AM
I think it's about time I jumped up on the Rokon Bandwagon. Let's give him a chance. Imo, Rahim needs more time to be groomed at the 2nd string stages. We all see what the hype and expectations did to everybody else. Trouble is, Chacha's ideal replacement needs to be an allrounder. So, like Rubu, I also want to see Rana as a replacement. By the way, I thought Chacha's decision of retirement was a little odd. He just wanted to play 1 ODI and then alvida. Usually players want to play out a series.

Ahmed_B
February 21, 2006, 09:40 AM
BTW... Al-Shahriar is not in the 15-member squad. Are you guys expecting the selectors to take someone in from outside the prely-squad? I don't think that will happen. Either JO or Rana has the chance probably.

sar2005
February 21, 2006, 09:55 AM
JO should replace K.Mahmud and should open the innings. To cover KM's bowling, Aftab should be given a chance to roll his arm.

The final line-up:

S. Nafix
J. Omar
Aftab ( Medium Pace Bowling )
Ashraf
Sumon
Saleh
Kapali (Spinner)
Pilot
Rafiq (Spinner)
Murtuza
Russel

Super sub – M. Rana

Fully focused on batting. Any idea how to strengthen bowling attack??

Ahmed_B
February 21, 2006, 10:39 AM
OK... some clue finally..
Just heard the Channel-I news and Faruk hinted that there is probably goint to be a Pacer taken in the team to fill up Mahumd's spot, and not a batsman. There is not any plan for other changes in the team.

So wil it be Nazmul?

Cricket Crazy
February 21, 2006, 10:42 AM
Khaled Mahmud was a very good player for BD. I feel sorry for him. He also was an experienced player.

MarufH
February 21, 2006, 10:53 AM
ofcourse they are gonna call another man to fill the team gap up... i think taposh might be called up since its a pace bowler.. he has lotsa experience and taken many wickets too! SK rassel; wasnt at his best on the first match so taposh should be called up. and the team shoud be..

Javed Omar
Nafees
Rajin
Bashar
Ashraful
Aftab
Kapali
Mashud
Rafiq
Taposh
Mashrafe

super sub: SK Rassel/Rajin