PDA

View Full Version : Wasim Akram's Blog from DailyStar

cricman
February 20, 2006, 02:54 PM
Dailystar (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/02/21/d60221040325.htm)

Bogra stadium really surprised all of us. I think it is one of the best venues I have seen in this part of the world and certainly the best in Bangladesh so far. The ground was lush green and the wicket was ideal for one-day match where the ball carried nicely. It also offered some movement yet it was good for stroke play. The media facilities are top class so are the changing rooms and facilities. It was a jam pack stadium with well-mannered crowd witnessing the first-ever international cricket game here. A true cricket lover as they cheered and appreciated all good things.

It was a good toss to win and bat first but it was sad to see that after a reasonable start Bangladeshi batsmen played stupid shots and got them self out. When Aftab was just beginning to look good he threw his wicket by charging down right after hitting a four the previous ball. It is very important to make sure once you have spent some time on the wicket you carry on and build an innings. Alok Kapali came back after one year and looked impressive but I don't know why he was sent at No 9. In the end he ran out of partners, had he been sent in the middle-order Bangladesh could have done better.

The lesson to learn from this game for the batsmen is to see the new ball off without losing one or two wickets no matter what is the score and to get to at least 200 plus to put some pressure on the opponent.

Bangladesh's fielding and bowling really impressed me. Both the new-ball bowlers used the ball well and got early breakthrough. The fielding was spot on and looked good.

Khaled Mahmud played a good and gutsy knock of 36. He had been a regular for Bangladesh for 10 years and to retire at the age of 34 is a right decision to make way for the youngsters and it also shows his sporting character.

Still a plenty of cricket is left in this series. And after six months of absence from international cricket Bangladesh have done well. They need to work on the batting and put a decent score on the board to give their bowler a chance and who knows what can happen. After all it's cricket, the game of many uncertainties.

Rubu
February 20, 2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see kopali coming down up the order (since he is going to be in the 12 does not matter what). that way at least kopali fans won't have an excuse.

Umar
February 20, 2006, 03:03 PM
Wasim Akram is a Friend Of Bangladesh Cricket...we all Know that....so there is nothing Surprising to see from him.....

Ishtylish cricketer
February 20, 2006, 03:14 PM
Yup. Hopefully something good will come from the two remaining ODIs. Is it 3 ODIs and 2 tests that they will play?

Shakalaka
February 20, 2006, 05:17 PM
Only Paki player may be i ever liked. Way to go!