PDA

View Full Version : Mark my word: We're gonna lose 3-0 to Kenya

fwullah
February 20, 2006, 11:43 PM
If our players don't improve (DON'T, NOT CAN'T) then we're surely gonna lose to Kenya in the next series by 3-0.

cracky
February 20, 2006, 11:46 PM
Ok, if Kenya wins by 3-0 I will paypal you $40. Otherwise(even if they win by 2-1), do you agree to paypal me the same?

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 4:47 AM GMT, by cracky.

Beamer
February 20, 2006, 11:46 PM
You are a bundle of optimism! We are not losing 3-0 to Kenya. Won't mark your word.

mahrookh
February 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
Now let me give a guarantee we won't loose the series against kenya no way but we will against the Aussies for sure :)

So , obviously can't mark the word as I gave 100% guarantee :)

rafiq
February 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
Oh Fwullah that's just silly! We will be tied 1-1 going into the 3rd match, which will eventually be abandoned due to floodlight failure.

SMHasan
February 21, 2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
Oh Fwullah that's just silly! We will be tied 1-1 going into the 3rd match, which will eventually be abandoned due to floodlight failure.

valoi bollen!mondo na!!

sadi
February 21, 2006, 12:15 AM
why am i not surprised to hear something like that from fwullah?

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 12:26 AM
this is a really shocked and disappointed fan........... why did you such a high hope for our team before this series?

Aritro
February 21, 2006, 12:33 AM
I think the original poster may be letting off some steam here.

Can't blame him, this result has left me completely deflated.

Pundit
February 21, 2006, 12:48 AM
Dissapointing FW! Dissapointing!!

I hear the power providers are a start up. Got some help from windy city. Yup, I reckon the lights are surely to fail therefore.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 12:50 AM
well i for one think that fwullah might just have put her money on the right horse here. kenya are indeed a pretty strong team, and with the main players having returned after that player-board jhogra (if i'm not mistaken), they are in fact stronger than us. i know it's hard to accept, but this current kenyan team is ahead of us in terms of ability. they may not have an attractive reserve bench, but the eleven that they play pretty much all the time make a team that is possibly stronger than bangladesh AND the current zimbabwe side.

it will be a shame if we lose even a single match to kenya, but i don't think it is an impossibility, taking into account the strength of this kenyan side and the lack of it in ours.

ManInBlack
February 21, 2006, 12:52 AM
Kenya definitely has a better batting line up than Bd...In bowling and fielding Bd is ahead...

Losing 3-0 to kenya is very much possible... We shud avoid playing kenya now coz losing to kenya wud be the ultimate shame.

cracky
February 21, 2006, 01:08 AM
So, now you are afraid to place the bet with me? :karate:

Originally posted by cracky
Ok, if Kenya wins by 3-0 I will paypal you $40. Otherwise(even if they win by 2-1), do you agree to paypal me the same?

yaseer
February 21, 2006, 01:18 AM
dont take the words fwullah.........it is the express of fustration after seeing the dissapointing show.........take some time mate.......after the series.....you will not say these words for sure.....lets see the whole series first......

fab
February 21, 2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
If our players don't improve (DON'T, NOT CAN'T) then we're surely gonna lose to Kenya in the next series by 3-0.
hehe that is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the 118 all out. But you know we've never done well against Sri Lanka, plus any team that plays Australia (right up to finals level!) will be extremely in form.

al Furqaan
February 21, 2006, 08:29 AM
3-0, us

nas
February 21, 2006, 08:45 AM

wont surprise me to be honest.

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 08:51 AM
Had enough of you guys . What kind of stupid thread is this ?

Can anyone explain how can you loose against the kenyans . When they played in the semis of the world cup then most of the matches were fixed and so many players of kenya did pay the price for that . Kenya is no way near to BD .

The way Bangladesh lost against Srilanka yesterday , that's way too exceptable . Why don't you just look at fact . The way Srilanka lost against the Aussies in 2 matches that was more shameful than the way we did . Mind you one of them by 9 wickets and then other one by 167 runs :)

A fan has the right to say anything but when it's a stupid comment like this then it's the beyond .

We are just noone to say , we won't win . Now I wonder do we support our own team or not ? Time will say who wins but it won't kenya for sure .

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 08:58 AM
The are 3 things kenya has that can go against us.

1. Tickolo 2. Tickolo 3. Tickolo

As soon as we can get him out, the game is ours. Given that his single handed effort can get him may be one match, not more than that.

However, the most likely scenerio is 3-0 Win for us. Last years Zimbos were much better team than kenya. we did pulled out a series win against them.

sadi
February 21, 2006, 09:09 AM
Kenya can win a game or two when Tikolo is gonna shine but as Rubu said, other than Tikolo I don't see anyone who can do it for Kenya.

Carte Blanche
February 21, 2006, 09:10 AM

You're going bankrupt at the end of the series. Mark my words.;)

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2006, 09:11 AM
Chill FW. We are better than the Kenyans we will prove it.

Originally posted by mahrookh
Can anyone explain how can you loose against the Kenyans . When they played in the semis of the world cup then most of the matches were fixed and so many players of Kenya did pay the price for that . Kenya is no way near to BD .
About the fixed matches, in 2003 WC they beat a test team called Bangladesh? that was fixed? this is news to me. They beat SL; that was fixed? Which matches were fixed? The Opponent should be punished the same if that is case. If that is true we need to figure who were involved on receiving the money on the other end and kick them out too.

"So many players paid the price"..?

How many and who are they (seems like more than half that equates to 6+)? When you make an accusation like this please provide source. Cause some of our BC members have no idea of what you are talking about.

"A fan has the right to say anything but when it's a stupid comment like this then it's the beyond ."

When comments/accusations are not backed up by anything, they become stupid.

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 09:13 AM
Don't you guys know about "Maurice Odumbey" ? He did fix the matches . The one with Srilanka was fixed for sure . Read the news we will find out .

Carte Blanche
February 21, 2006, 09:17 AM
Aren't the guys involved in match fixing supposed to be working towards a loss instead of a victory?

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 09:21 AM
Anyway the bottom line is ; We can't loose the series against the kenyans as we won't . If we loose this series as we will . It doesn't mean we will loose against Kenya .

Why don't you follow the Australian tour in New Zealand last year ? How manys matches New Zealand scored over 200 in there ? It doesn't mean they are a bad team and they have won a game against the Aussies by chasing the highest run ever .

So , how can we expect our team to loose against the kenyans . That must be rubbish :)

SS
February 21, 2006, 09:34 AM
I agree with her..

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SS
I agree with her..

Is anyone surprised?

Fazal
February 21, 2006, 10:41 AM

It’s very true. Actually I see a much bigger problem for next world cup next year. Take off your player-x or player-y fan glasses and try to see the bigger picture i.e. preparation for world cup and think what’s good for the team.

Where India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka are adding new players to the pool of players (by including them and rotating them so that they get some experience), basically what they are doing is: (before the World Cup) they will be in a better position to select the best-14 from the pool of players based on their recent form and performance, not what they have done 5 years ago. And trust me, you will see some surprise, by ignoring some older off-form superstars from the team. That’s how they will increase their chances of winning games.

Now what we are doing? Talk with the selectors, talk with the fans... they all says.... don't make any changes in the team before world cup... don't bring Mushfiq and co. they are too young... don't bring Rokon and Tushar... they missed their opportunity... they need to wait two more years, etc....

Basically they are saying keep the old guards who performed well in the past (1-2 years ago). Now who are the old guards?

Bashar, Rafiq, Pilot, Gullu? They are all old and performed well in the past. But except for Gullu (who have his own problem in ODI to improvise his game when the team needed) the rest of them are kind of off-form recently. They all are getting older... what makes you think, they will get their form back before world cup? What happens if they still fail to get their form back... and continue to struggle for next 1+ years? What is the plan B then? Still include them in the team? Or as a desperate move start including Sakib and Co. at the last moment?

What about the younger corps in the team like: Nafis Iqbal, Ashraful, Aftab, Rajin, Alok, Mashrafee?

What guarantee do we have that Nafis Iqbal will get back his form in time? Ashraful, Aftab play with cool head in time of need? Rajin and Alok will get back their form and continue to retain their form? Or Masharee will still be healthy next summer?

I don't know, personally I don't feel comfortable trusting in the old off-form guards too much without any plan-B in our hand 2 months before the world cup. I hope I am wrong.... but don't blame me if we witness another disaster in next World cup.... I warned you guys, because I still believe that its not too late to increase the pool of selectable players (by selecting and rotating them to gain international experience) before the final team selection for world cup next year.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 3:45 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Cricket Crazy
February 21, 2006, 10:43 AM
I bet Kenya will not win all three matches but there is a chance they might win 2 match if BD don't improve.

fwullah
February 21, 2006, 11:39 AM
I guess only the players themselves can answer what Fazal has said in the above post, because none of us (fans) can.

Asif
February 21, 2006, 11:40 AM

Well, I read somewhere (sometime back) bangladesh will play 4 ODIs, not 3, against Kenya if zimbabwe doesn't come for the tri-series. Is that true?

I feel the way you guys feel. After so many matches, after so much exposure we just can't except the fact that we can/may lose even a single match to kenya. BUT, to be honest, our team is not really way superior than kenya as we think. In fact, if u compare wisely, the opposite may also seem right.

I dont want to go on and do detail comparison here... Fazal has shed his frustration few posts back... I would suggest to refer that. I just want to add two things....

Firstly, our team is actually inexperienced compared to kenya. Their team is of the age of our bulbul, athar, akram, nannu, rafiq, pilot... and like. They have played us many times and beaten comfortably. Do u think ashraful, aftab, rajin are any better than bulbul, akram and nannu?? You might say yes but I haven't seen any consistant performance from our new lot to agree with you. So, How do we expect what bulbul, akram, nannu couldn't do will be easily done by ashraful, aftab, nafees and like??

Secondly, tikolo and odumbe are meance to us... specially tikolo. He knows everything about bangladesh and BD cricket.. he probably even speaks bengali already. Not to mention he is the highest run scorer of our league with 9 half centuries. How many half centuries ashraful got this season???

Now I wanna share a kenyan view with u guys. When we are day dreaming and posting over optimistic posts in banglacricket... this is what a kenyan has to say about us:

http://kenyacricket.blogspot.com/2006/02/kenyas-chances-vs-bangladesh.html

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
actually, tikolo is not the only problem. i would rate ravindu shah as a better batsman than any of ours; the same would apply to a few others as well.

sadi
February 21, 2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

It’s very true. Actually I see a much bigger problem for next world cup next year. Take off your player-x or player-y fan glasses and try to see the bigger picture i.e. preparation for world cup and think what’s good for the team.

Where India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka are adding new players to the pool of players (by including them and rotating them so that they get some experience), basically what they are doing is: (before the World Cup) they will be in a better position to select the best-14 from the pool of players based on their recent form and performance, not what they have done 5 years ago. And trust me, you will see some surprise, by ignoring some older off-form superstars from the team. That’s how they will increase their chances of winning games.

Now what we are doing? Talk with the selectors, talk with the fans... they all says.... don't make any changes in the team before world cup... don't bring Mushfiq and co. they are too young... don't bring Rokon and Tushar... they missed their opportunity... they need to wait two more years, etc....

Basically they are saying keep the old guards who performed well in the past (1-2 years ago). Now who are the old guards?

Bashar, Rafiq, Pilot, Gullu? They are all old and performed well in the past. But except for Gullu (who have his own problem in ODI to improvise his game when the team needed) the rest of them are kind of off-form recently. They all are getting older... what makes you think, they will get their form back before world cup? What happens if they still fail to get their form back... and continue to struggle for next 1+ years? What is the plan B then? Still include them in the team? Or as a desperate move start including Sakib and Co. at the last moment?

What about the younger corps in the team like: Nafis Iqbal, Ashraful, Aftab, Rajin, Alok, Mashrafee?

What guarantee do we have that Nafis Iqbal will get back his form in time? Ashraful, Aftab play with cool head in time of need? Rajin and Alok will get back their form and continue to retain their form? Or Masharee will still be healthy next summer?

I don't know, personally I don't feel comfortable trusting in the old off-form guards too much without any plan-B in our hand 2 months before the world cup. I hope I am wrong.... but don't blame me if we witness another disaster in next World cup.... I warned you guys, because I still believe that its not too late to increase the pool of selectable players (by selecting and rotating them to gain international experience) before the final team selection for world cup next year.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 3:45 PM GMT, by Fazal.

great point Fazal... the only problem is we don't have a A team structure... so the only place we can get players from is our under-19 bunches... and here is the problem... what do you do? Give international exposure to those young guns so that if we need them in future like in world cup, they will be prepared or let them train and get fully matured and ready before they step into the national team? Our selectors have made so many mistakes in recent times to bring young players who were not ready to play international cricket that I guess they are now even scared to try that.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 5:01 PM GMT, by sadi.

fwullah
February 21, 2006, 12:01 PM
We are certainly going to be 'in for surprise'.

Watch this sentence - "Kenya always somehow raise their game against Bangladesh"

How they can raise their game against us is beyond my understanding. But I know one thing, our players need to desperately raise their game against Kenya this time. There is no other way for us left to survive - unless we do the impossible of beating Sri Lanka or Australia or New Zealand in a test match this year.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
i guess we'd be able to send kenya home crying if we could win a match against the SL's. don't really see that happening, but you never know. a 1/1000000 probability is still a probability.

Asif
February 21, 2006, 12:15 PM

There is no other way for us left to survive - unless we do the impossible of beating Sri Lanka or Australia or New Zealand in a test match this year.

Dude.. I dont care about winning against srilanka and australia.. respectable loss is okay for couple of more years may be... (if we win its always better).

What I want (I'm sure everybody wants).. is trashing zimbabwe, kenya and the associate countries like ireland and scotland more than comprehensively and constantly. I want to win against these teams like we won against zimbabwe in the last ODI (5th and the final one)...

Fortuner
February 21, 2006, 12:32 PM
Hey Fwullah....

I wont say I agree wid ya or I dont agree but i think this can happen if BD plays like this and besides Kenya can dump BD 3-0 coz Kenya has been always confident when playing BD to defeat them....Steve Tikolo, kenidy Oteno r batsmens who r mentally strnger than all our batsman's and if they settle well they can hammer BD...Collins obuya...great spinner..BD batsman not so gud in quality spin.....so..Kenya can beat 3-0 Bangladesh...

But tell u what, i can put my money on Bangaldesh U19 team beating Kenya :lol::lol::lol:

U19 can thrash Kenya infact.....

Our national team is just not dat gud in International level...We still require another 5-10years to see us play gud cricket bcoz that time we see our U19 players playing who are so well groomed and if they can keep working hard, things will be so gud for BD and Inshallah we will be the top team in the world.

Asif
February 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Hey Fwullah....

I wont say I agree wid ya or I dont agree but i think this can happen if BD plays like this and besides Kenya can dump BD 3-0 coz Kenya has been always confident when playing BD to defeat them....Steve Tikolo, kenidy Oteno r batsmens who r mentally strnger than all our batsman's and if they settle well they can hammer BD...Collins obuya...great spinner..BD batsman not so gud in quality spin.....so..Kenya can beat 3-0 Bangladesh...

But tell u what, i can put my money on Bangaldesh U19 team beating Kenya :lol::lol::lol:

Our national team is just not dat gud in International level...We still require another 5-10years to see us play gud cricket bcoz that time we see our U19 players playing who are so well groomed and if they can keep working hard, things will be so gud for BD and Inshallah we will be the top team in the world.

Get over this u/19 over optimism.. its for you and all who thinks alike.
I'm happy our u/19 team is a very balanced side but try to uderstand.. the are good in their age group not in the international arena. Bedsides, most of our national players are from the previous u/19 team which was also a very good side when they played in their age group. Nafees, aftab, nazmul, rasel all of these players have come out of the u/19 team. How much of a difference are they making playing for the senior side??????
If we keep following this trend, every two years we will bring fresh new faces out of the u/19 team and drop those we made it last time when they would be 21/22. Is this what u guys pointing out????

sadi
February 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
well under-19 is just not ready yet. Ofcourse Kenya series will be an exciting one and anyone can win the series. But I don't think it will be 3-0 in either side as both teams are equally strong (sad but true).

Fortuner
February 21, 2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Asif
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Hey Fwullah....

Get over this u/19 over optimism.. its for you and all who thinks alike.
I'm happy our u/19 team is a very balanced side but try to uderstand.. the are good in their age group not in the international arena. Bedsides, most of our national players are from the previous u/19 team which was also a very good side when they played in their age group. Nafees, aftab, nazmul, rasel all of these players have come out of the u/19 team. How much of a difference are they making playing for the senior side??????
If we keep following this trend, every two years we will bring fresh new faces out of the u/19 team and drop those we made it last time when they would be 21/22. Is this what u guys pointing out????

dude..i noe wht u mean..did i say bring our u19 players to national team .."NOOOO"

i jst said dem only to play vs Kenya...not against any otehr team coz i also blv u in wht u say....but Kenya is an exception to U19team....okies..

Asif
February 21, 2006, 01:20 PM
dude..i noe wht u mean..did i say bring our u19 players to national team .."NOOOO"

i jst said dem only to play vs Kenya...not against any otehr team coz i also blv u in wht u say....but Kenya is an exception to U19team....okies.. [/quote]

Man.. we are talking about our national side loosing to kenya 3-0 here at this point... and you r bringing the u/19 in the context to beat them... which tacitly meant u/19 is better than the national side.. how come u/19 is an exception wud u explain????

fai_hasan
February 21, 2006, 01:54 PM
Bangladesh is far better team than kenya. there is no comparison between those two nations. kenya r sathe match jituk ar nai jituk, bangladesh oder chaite onek bhalo team, and better performers.

Fazal
February 21, 2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by fai_hasan
kenya r sathe match jituk ar nai jituk, bangladesh oder chaite onek bhalo team, and better performers.

Great logic.:lol:

Khushi te amar lomfo marte ichee korche ...:fire:

Asif
February 21, 2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Originally posted by fai_hasan
kenya r sathe match jituk ar nai jituk, bangladesh oder chaite onek bhalo team, and better performers.

Great logic.:lol:

Khushi te amar lomfo marte ichee korche ...:fire:

Fazal bhai... polapaner jukti shunle mone hoe bangladesher player ar fan gular modhe beshi kono parthokko nai:bird:

By the way... kenyan article ta porsen??

TheWatcher
March 25, 2006, 07:40 AM
Could not desist myself to bring this thread back :lol:

Carte Blanche
March 25, 2006, 07:52 AM
Good job Watcher.

Take it easy on fwullah though. She must be sad today. After all, her team just lost the series 0-4 :)

Miraz
March 25, 2006, 07:55 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Eat your words! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anher
March 25, 2006, 07:57 AM
joker of the yr

bngali1on1
March 25, 2006, 07:59 AM
I've marked your words fwullah. Now...eat your words :duh:

pagol-chagol
March 25, 2006, 08:02 AM

As a self-appointed lawyer for fwullah I need to point you to this:

"If our players don't improve (DON'T, NOT CAN'T)".

Since they have improved the conclusion is pointless.

You can't win in court.

;)

adnan_zaman
March 25, 2006, 08:05 AM

haha..wat an [edited]

mod.content
mod.warning: Keep it civil. Do not be rude towards fellow members.

Edited on, March 25, 2006, 1:08 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.

Mahir
March 25, 2006, 08:09 AM
wow, adnan zaman... go easy there with your choice of words.

As for fwullah, your bold prediction has fallen flat on its nose. Please dont make such predictions again, or else... you know where BC members will be jumping! :)

Ejaj
March 25, 2006, 08:16 AM
Wel. guys. chill out. Fwullah had been known for her pessimism. She got so many shock in the earlier BD cricket time.. that. she could never think anyting positive about our team. Its not her fault at all. I am sure.. she must have enjoyed the series win more than many of us. She is a real fan and had been broken heated many time before.

Probably, if bd keeps on winning consistanty in ODI.. perhaps.. may be her views will change. I am sure she will also love to join the bandwagon of extreme optimism around BD team.

:)

Hasib
March 25, 2006, 08:22 AM
Don't you guys know about "Maurice Odumbey" ? He did fix the matches . The one with Srilanka was fixed for sure . Read the news we will find out .

He is "Many Players" isn't he? and HE was bribed into playing poorly.... so we know about him YOU don't

Rubu
March 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
we had to dig up this thread, right? sometimes, I just hate the attitude of some people.

oracle
March 25, 2006, 12:23 PM
closing for now.History is history. No place for ridicules here.