PDA

View Full Version : Should BCB do a SonarGaon?

thebest
February 21, 2006, 05:27 AM
After watching the horrible match I was thinking should BCB do a Sonargaon? I think that is the only way to improve performance. What You think

BioMEMS
February 21, 2006, 05:43 AM
What the fudge...how is Sonargaon related to cricket? Somebody please explain

Asif
February 21, 2006, 05:50 AM
I have voted Yes (Oops.. is it suppose to be confidential?)

I disclosed my stand because there is something to say... it would not be wise to fine the entire team... because I think, our bowlers did a great job.. filders were electrifing on the field as well.

Therefore, BCB should fine only the batsmen... this what BCB should do...

Fine Half the match fee to:

Nafees
Rajin
Ashraful
Aftab (made runs but gave away his wicket at an early stage)

Fine full match fee to:

Bashar (For loosing his wicket when he knows his team is in trouble... not expected from the skipper.. moreover for experimenting with a long bat as he says for his failure)

Pilot should be spared because I heard commentators saying he is the only batsmen got out of a genuine delivery. After all he is the keeper which he has done well (except dropping sangakara - but thats allright)

I think, this should be inforced before they go out to play tomorrow.

Is anyone from the BCB listening ...... :duh:

Hasib
February 21, 2006, 05:56 AM
Like BioMEMS i have no idea what u r talking about

Asif
February 21, 2006, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by BioMEMS
What the fudge...how is Sonargaon related to cricket? Somebody please explain

He is talking about the new cricket club Sonargaon... they fined their players and sacked al-shahriar as a captain after their dismal performance in the first 2 or 3 matches (I dont know how many). It was effective and they bounced back to return a winning spree which helped them finish at 2nd position in the leage (I guess - correct me if I'm wrong)

BioMEMS
February 21, 2006, 06:19 AM
Ahh I understand now. Yes get rid of the carrot. It's time to bring out the stick! On a serious note I think BCB should look towards the future and make deals with India/Pak/SL to allow BD youngsters to play in their first class domestic cricket. Our domestic cricket's standard in not good enough to produce intl cricketers yet. We should look elsewhere until things get better at home.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 11:19 AM GMT, by BioMEMS.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 08:45 AM
Yes, Sonargaon did that after their 4th match (I believe). Since then they did not loose a single match and ended up 2nd.

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Asif
Bashar (For loosing his wicket when he knows his team is in trouble... not expected from the skipper.. moreover for experimenting with a long bat as he says for his failure)

Captain has started to speak his mind. becoming a politian I see. Has excuse for everything. First the practice pitch now long bat. Who asked him to use one??:mad:

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yes,i think they should do one sonargaon,

যেমন কুকুর তেমন মুগুর

zmahbub
February 21, 2006, 10:35 AM
Yes, they should!!!

Cricket Crazy
February 21, 2006, 10:39 AM
We should change our captain.

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 10:44 AM
isee the pole result is ppretty one sided
11-0
cheers to sonargaon for showing the way!

Cricket Crazy
February 21, 2006, 10:50 AM
What actually is sonargaon?:exclamation:

sadi
February 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
I guess the national team has already started doing that. I mean not the fines but nowadays they give less salary to the players and the rest is based on performance.... so better you perform, more money you make.

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
its not about less salary,its about fining and show-cause letters!

Fortuner
February 21, 2006, 12:34 PM
Ofcourse they should...

Some of our players...i think dont care when they think that their place is fixed in da team and no worries also coz BD dont have any alternative option other than them...

so fine them:mad::E:mad::E

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 5:38 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Spitfire_x86
February 21, 2006, 06:55 PM
16-0, probably the most one sided poll in the history of BC :P

CricTiger
February 21, 2006, 07:00 PM
Or sack all players from National team and file a U-19 for one match.They would not play worser than this.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 12:02 AM GMT, by CricTiger.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
Or sack all players from National team and file a U-19 for one match.They would not play worser than this.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 12:02 AM GMT, by CricTiger.

Please dont bring U-19 team all the time into this.... let them play where they belong and forget that we did in the world cup.

Zunaid
February 21, 2006, 07:59 PM
No.

We are fickle, frivolous, frenzied, frenetic, foolish fans. We expect to boil water with a 10 Watt bulb and are mightily disappointed when we cannot. Dreams must be tempered with reality.

And let's not throw our young 'uns into the lions den way before they should.

I urge everyone to read up on Vigotsky's "zone of proximal development".

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=7099#pid84392

Speaking disapassionately, a reduced program is what is necessary for us. As I have mentioned time and time again, the ICC 10-year program was not conducive towards the development of Bangladesh cricket. We were playing too many games in too short a time - given the quality of our players, we did not have the luxury or opportunity to lick our wounds, identify short-comings and then resume the battle. Instead we have to get back into the fray without even being able to pick up the pieces. Losses after losses can only have a negative psychological impact on our players.

The frequency of matches and the frequency of defeats are strunting the natural growth of our players. Famous Russian psychologist/cognitive scientist wrote about what he termed the "Zone of Proximal Development" (ZPD). This zone is "the gap between a learner's current or actual level of development determined by independent problem-solving and the learner's emerging or potential level of development. That is, it is the set of knowledge that the learner has the ability to learn currently but does not yet understand -- things that are "just out of reach". (source of definition).

The ZPD between Bangladesh cricket players and the top Test countries were (and possibly still is) too large for our players to bridge. Way too many skills to learn, bad practices to unlearn, and shortcomings to work on then they had the time and opportunity for. The ZPD can be reduced but for this you need to give the players the time to work on it. This they never had. A much less hectic schedule will provide this opportunity.

Consider the old history of how long it took India or Sri Lanka or the Kiwis to become competitive at the highest level. Not in terms of years but in terms of games played. An interesting article on this appeard on the New Nation - "Of Test matches and Bangladesh - by Shahid Alam".

The same ZPD effect can also be seen with our Under-19 players as they are getting fast-tracked into the seniors. I have spoken about the possible dangers of stunting the talent and growth here. I recall under-19 coach McInnes also speaking about this in a BC post but I have not been able to find the exact article.

It is not that we do not have players who can compete with the best at their terms - it is that we are not giving them the opportunity to achieve what they can.

CricTiger
February 21, 2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
No.

We are fickle, frivolous, frenzied, frenetic, foolish fans. We expect to boil water with a 10 Watt bulb and are mightily disappointed when we cannot. Dreams must be tempered with reality.

It is not that we do not have players who can compete with the best at their terms - it is that we are not giving them the opportunity to achieve what they can.
[/quote]

I also suggest to read the following article to all cricket loving fans Psychology of Cricket (http://willpower.4mg.com/cricket1.html)

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 1:41 AM GMT, by CricTiger.

akabir77
February 21, 2006, 09:14 PM
first need to sack this captain from ODI only and seat the super stars in the sideline and give an opertunity to m rana and the other so called med. all rounders. how bad we will lose then this?

Pundit
February 21, 2006, 09:17 PM
Maybe after the 2nd game, if it warrants. But not the extreme level. Boot one player, and the others will get the message. The fact is, in reality, no one can step in to fill these guys' void. I say this in the sense of scoring big runs. So the selectors have to be careful.

irteja
February 21, 2006, 09:18 PM
Should BCB do a SonarGaon?....what a confusing threat....what the hell it means

irteja
February 21, 2006, 09:20 PM
oh ...thebest you should make this threat name like....Should BCB take action against player like Sonargaon cricket club?

thebest
February 21, 2006, 09:36 PM
The poll overwhelmingly support the view that BCB earned the right to do a Sonargaon. I think following BCB can do

1. Ask DW why top order is consistently failing? May be now the time to change manager
2. Sack the captain and make JO/Rana the new captain. At least the would not lead from the front playing extravagent shot or experiment when team is in disarray.
3. Show cause selection committe. Ask what are thier criteria for selection?
4. Fine every batsman who got out playing extravagent shot. The minimum should be 2 monthes salary of which 1 month suspended