PDA

View Full Version : Team Announced For 2nd ODI

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
According to BDKhela, the team for the 2nd ODI has been announced. Given that the management actually announced the team a day ahead for the 1st ODI, it seems to be true.

The team has two changes

Khaled Mahmud - OUT
Javed Omar - IN

Abdul Razzak - OUT
Manjarul Rana - IN

I think both are good moves.

Ahmed_B
February 21, 2006, 10:45 AM
And now I am confused.

I just heard the Channel-I news who were showing a Faruk-Interview and the report mentioned that Faruk hinted they will take just one Fast bowler in place of Mahmud and no other changes will be made.

Which news is true?

Cricket Crazy
February 21, 2006, 10:49 AM
Im scared without Khaled Mashud.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 10:51 AM
What are you talking about Khaled Mashud Pilot is playing. Its Mahmud who retired.

But I guess we have to wait for 12 more hours to see who actually plays.

pilot fan
February 21, 2006, 10:53 AM
i thought that JO was playing

sadi
February 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
not bad... so that means javed omar will open and rajin will come in the middle order... where do you wanna see rajin though? Number 3 or number 6.... Aftab has the potential to score big from number 3 and I don't think Rajin is suitable for number 6. :duh:

MarufH
February 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
Ok here is the team to take you guys out of confusion

Javed Omar
Shahreer Nafees
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Mashud
Kapali
Rafiq
Mashrafe
Rassel
Nazmul
super sub: Rajin

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 2:08 AM GMT, by Blazinmaruf.
Reason: mistake

SMHasan
February 21, 2006, 11:00 AM
JO isnt a good move at all.

rudro
February 21, 2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Blazinmaruf

Javed Omar
Shahreer Nafees
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Rajin
Mashud
Kapali
Rafiq
Mashrafe
Rassel

super sub: Manzarul rana

Send Rajin before Bashar

nasifkhan
February 21, 2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by sherlockhomes

dekhen ...JO ki kore....pore bujben.....

BD er shob batsman to ekta original goru......deken JO ki kore....

fwullah
February 21, 2006, 12:09 PM
BBC (Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/bangladesh/4735106.stm)) says Nazmul Hossain will replace Abdur Razzak and Javed Omar will replace Khaled Mahmud.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 5:14 PM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: URL masked

Sami
February 21, 2006, 12:13 PM

who would you rather have?

I think JO is a good move. I really want to see JO opening with Rafique/Ash. I think it would be cool to have someone going at the bowling all guns blazing... and Ash/Rafique has the guts to do that.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 12:14 PM
lack of bowlers.

Sami
February 21, 2006, 12:16 PM
We would do really well if we went with Rana instead of Kapali. The reason Bashar showed for having Kapali so deep down in the batting lineup left me speechless. I was like whoah!

Anyways, Rana is much much more effective than Kapali anyday.

Asif
February 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
lack of bowlers.

well... chacha out .. rana or nazmul will bowl in his place... so bowling attack has been improved rather from the ist match

Chacha actually was getting whacked in his final 2 overs in the international arena ... giving 15 runs

SS
February 21, 2006, 12:20 PM
Nothing no changes of these players will improve our dreadful pathetic performances. Earlier one of the threads i was reading how continent teams are using new comers to gain enough international experience on the other hand we have pool of players who are not improving if you do statistical information, they are always performing SAME!
unless otherwise they change players and PICK different players with international calibre and TRAIN them to prepare to enter in to international cricket standard, we will face another horrible worlcup. Forgetr about this series, in world cup we will repeat the same fate like b4.

Mon
February 21, 2006, 12:25 PM
BBC said Nazmul is in too.
NO?

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 5:25 PM GMT, by Mon.

Fortuner
February 21, 2006, 12:41 PM
It should b like this...

S. Nafess
R. Saleh
H. Bashar
A. Ahmed
M. Ashraful
A. Kapali
K.Mashud
M.Rafique
M.Islam Rana
M. Mortaza
S.Rasel

sadi
February 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
looks like only two changes from the first odi... javed omar is coming in for khaled mahmud and manjurul islam rana for Razzak... I am not sure who will be the supersub though... my guess will be rana

fai_hasan
February 21, 2006, 01:52 PM
thiki ase, javed omor chara team bananoi bhul hoise. opener jodi bhalo na hoi, taile khela jome na. golla bhai got the record of last man standing. eita ekshob bosore ekbar ghote.

LateCut
February 21, 2006, 01:53 PM

Why not! We need to able to bat 50 overs. Remember that last time Kapali ran out of partners.

LateCut
February 21, 2006, 01:54 PM

Why not! We need to be able to bat 50 overs. Remember that last time Kapali ran out of partners.

hello_cricket
February 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
JO is the most intelligent move the selectors have made. Agree that 1-day game is fast tracked, but you need 1 or 2 players who can stick around little bit longer, especially for a Team like us where Top order often collapses.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 02:14 PM
This should have been the team for the first ODI. Now we are one game late..... as always. I believe we have not only wayward batsman but some very rubbish selectors. Faruq is saying that they have no responsibilty at all, only the players have to take all the heats. For this particular match (1st ODI) I think the selectors should apologize for their mistakes...... Although there is every chance that this team will score less than first ODI but it is the logical choice I would say

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 7:15 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Asif
lack of bowlers.

well... chacha out .. rana or nazmul will bowl in his place... so bowling attack has been improved rather from the ist match

Chacha actually was getting whacked in his final 2 overs in the international arena ... giving 15 runs

oh...yeah...i was actually looking at the team posted by Blazin..my bad.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 02:18 PM

Please dont watch India-Pakistan matches. Go to local stadium and watch domestic cricket. And only Bangladesh's international matches. You will know why JO is a good choice. I think our selectors should do the same thing sometimes!

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 02:19 PM
well actually it's a pity that we are forced to accomodate batsmen like omar (don't get me wrong - i AM a big fan) in the odi squad - just goes to show how hopeless we are in the batting department.

shovon13
February 21, 2006, 02:20 PM
give it a break SS. unless you want me to stalk you all over the board and refute your posts. i'm sure even you have some optimism in you.

your not even providing any insights. your basically saying the same thing over and over again - "bangladesh team is pathetic". it gets old.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
well actually it's a pity that we are forced to accomodate batsmen like omar (don't get me wrong - i AM a big fan) in the odi squad - just goes to show how hopeless we are in the batting department.

It's not a pity, it's a privilege. I dont know if he will score or not, buut he is a better choice even with his slow scoring. Hopefully we will see some better results, but only JO cannot make us win. We need a better effort from everyone.

Fazal
February 21, 2006, 02:41 PM
Agree.

The way the rest of the batsman are playing, Gullu may be the best patch-up solution to avoid massive humiliation, but its kind of sad that we couldn't find any other solution.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 02:46 PM
Exactly my feeling. We do not have an option but to have golla. What does that mean? We will not score enough to impose any threat to the opponents, and will have a good looking loose. Its a negative approach. We need to find someone else, or train golla to be able to take singles and at the same time hold on to the wicket.

TheWatcher
February 21, 2006, 02:50 PM
"Javed will open the innings with Shahriar Nafees which I think will be helpful for us. There is also a chance to see Alok Kapali batting at number seven instead of nine. We also dropped one left-arm spinner (Abdur Razzak) to strengthen the batting order. I am hopeful to write a different story tomorrow," said Bashar.

-DS

It also says Nazmul is in, I guess, he will be used as the sub.
Doesn't make sense though how his inclusion in place of Razzak strengthen batting.

sadi
February 21, 2006, 03:11 PM
Edited on, February 21, 2006, 8:12 PM GMT, by sadi.

Mahmood
February 21, 2006, 03:27 PM
I can't believe they are not selecting Rana.

Our team selection was going good for a while. Now it has dropped a lot. Enamul, Rana, Rafiq killed Zimbabwe in the last home series. Rafiq did great in the first ODI. Yet, our selectors decide not to take Rana, Enamul is not even in the team.

I am really frustrated.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood

Our team selection was going good for a while. Now it has dropped a lot. Enamul, Rana, Rafiq killed Zimbabwe in the last home series. Rafiq did great in the first ODI. Yet, our selectors decide not to take Rana, Enamul is not even in the team.

I am really frustrated.

Forgot Enamul in Sri Lanka last year?

rudro
February 21, 2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
"Javed will open the innings with Shahriar Nafees which I think will be helpful for us. There is also a chance to see Alok Kapali batting at number seven instead of nine. We also dropped one left-arm spinner (Abdur Razzak) to strengthen the batting order. I am hopeful to write a different story tomorrow," said Bashar.

Strengthen? To what extent? From a miserable 118 to another measurable 120? Gimme a break! Say it right, buddy, say it. Acknowledge it, your teammates rely on luck to get the ball on the bat. Hope you will prove me wrong in the 2nd match!

rudro
February 21, 2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood

I am really frustrated.

You are right! We need to sack the selectors!! Rana should have been chosen in place of chacha. He can bowl 10 overs and contribute with bat decently.

mshakir56
February 21, 2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Blazinmaruf

Javed Omar
Shahreer Nafees
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Rajin
Mashud
Kapali
Rafiq
Mashrafe
Rassel

super sub: Manzarul rana
This team would have looked a lot better if Ashraful wasn't in their.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 03:45 PM
Sometime it just make me wonder what else that rana guy need to do to show that he deserve a place in the national team?

1. he is the only bangladeshi to win back to back MoM.
2. he has one of the highest average among all bd players (better than ashraful, bashar or alok).
3. he has better bowling average than most bowlers.
4. he along with akram and tikolo brought the championship for old DOHS.
5. he took out khulna at least 3 time out of deep trouble single handedly in NCL.
6. he is the 2nd highest run getter in premier league among all national players (2nd to golla).
7. Only two bangladeshi has so far managed to make the nominee list of ICC award (in emarging player of the year catagory). One is aftab and another is Rana.

He has the most impressive resume but do not get a job.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 12:50 AM GMT, by Rubu.

rudro
February 21, 2006, 03:51 PM
Yes. But he is missing something! He needs to get some tips from Alok.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 8:52 PM GMT, by rudro.

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 03:52 PM
some news about today's match
Bashar believed that the inclusion of opener Javed Omar will help the team in a bid to not lose too many wickets early.

Replying to a question, Bashar said that he was demoted to the batting order as he thought Aftab Ahmed and Mohammad Ashraful were more capable of playing over-the-top during the fielding restriction.

"Yes, I was successful at number three but I still believe that Aftab and Ashraful are better than me to use the fielding restrictions because they can naturally play over the top," he explained.

source:http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/02/22/d60222040236.htm

brikonwall
February 21, 2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Sami

who would you rather have?

I think JO is a good move. I really want to see JO opening with Rafique/Ash. I think it would be cool to have someone going at the bowling all guns blazing... and Ash/Rafique has the guts to do that.

Shahriar Nafees too has the guts to go after any bowling.

Beamer
February 21, 2006, 03:56 PM
As I have correctly predicted yesterday Rana won't cut it in the squad. The team has too many servicable spinners already to include another one. His batting is not even worthy of mentioning. They are right to include an extra batsman. His window has closed and he will forever be known as another Mushfiq babu. A servicable intl player for a brief while and a good domestic player for the rest of his career. End of a feel good story of an underdog !

brikonwall
February 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
I don't know why you guys are making so much fuss about JO's inclusion. I mean, what's the worst that could happen based on the last game???? The way I look at it is, with JO's inclusion, even if we get out for 118, we will bat for at least 40 overs...

Mahmood
February 21, 2006, 04:04 PM
I dont think so. Even though Rana is a service player, you can not replace him with someone less, like Nazmul. Rana would take done better than Nazmul wil do, I have no doubt.

rudro
February 21, 2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
As I have correctly predicted yesterday Rana won't cut it in the squad. The team has too many servicable spinners already to include another one. His batting is not even worthy of mentioning. They are right to include an extra batsman. His window has closed and he will forever be known as another Mushfiq babu. A servicable intl player for a brief while and a good domestic player for the rest of his career. End of a feel good story of an underdog !

Lets see, you need the service of an off-form out-of-touch allrounder (spinner) whose only bowling effectiveness was a hatrick long long ago, but you do not need the service of an in-form allrounder (spinner)?

Rana - batting
ODIs 23 20 5 308 63 20.53 636 48.42
Rana - bowling
ODIs 23 960 655 23 4/34 4/34 28.47 4.09

Kapali - batting
ODIs 46 44 3 837 89* 20.41 1301 64.33
Kapali - bowling
ODIs 46 874 720 12 2/40 2/40 60.00 4.94

And these impressive (in Bangladesh standard) stats still makes him an underdog? Compared to who?

Beamer
February 21, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thats where you are wrong rudro. Kapali was not taken instead of rana. So, the comparison is mute. You may have an arguement if you had compared the inclusion with Chacha ( last game ). Kapali came in as bowler ( batted at no.9 ) and as an added firepower if needed though it didn't materialize that way thanks to our top order. If things went the way we wished in batting, where supppose the team was beyond 180 in forty overs, and needed someone with a long handle to tonk the ball around, you surely would like Kapali instead of Rana in that situation.

Beamer
February 21, 2006, 04:18 PM
By your stat, look at Kaps strike rate as opposed to Rana ! self explanatory as to who can hit it better, specially in the lower order.

Beamer
February 21, 2006, 04:28 PM
I give you this though : Rana is probably mentally one of the strongest cricketers we have. No question about that. He has grit and thats why maybe so many people like him here. It is commendable. In cricketing terms, however, his attributes are very average. He is a below average monotonous one day bowler, an incredibly suspect batsman and probaly the worst slip fielder. How can one forget him caught napping when Tendulakr offered that dolly..His negatives outwieghs his only positive. With the talented young ones knocking at the door from the U-19s, he will have a tough time getting back to the team with his dubious resume. Thats why I say, his window is closing fast if not it has already..

sunniath
February 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
rajin is the super sub.manjar is in for chacha.
source:prothom-alo

reyme
February 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
Here is todays team (based on prothonm alo report)

1. Javed Omar
2. Shahreer Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Bashar
6. Mashud
7. Kapali
8. Manzarul rana
9. Rafiq
10. Mashrafe
11. Rassel

Super sub: Rajin

Shafin
February 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
i hope they will not use rajin,he is another burden like JoLo

reyme
February 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
By your stat, look at Kaps strike rate as opposed to Rana ! self explanatory as to who can hit it better, specially in the lower order.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda. If it was not for the Corruption, Bangladesh would be the richest country in the world, if I had a million dollar, if I had this, if he had that.....

Long story short, Kapali did not show anything for the last one year where there was a firepower that won a game for BD team, let alone for his domestic team. His team City Club could not even made it to the super league. I wonder why he was hiding his firepower and wonderful strike rate? Someone please enlighten me.

Rubu already listed what Rana has done. One is a myth, the other one is a reality. winning a back to back MOM, someone? Kapali anyone? Take that Rana haters!

reyme
February 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
Thats where you are wrong rudro. Kapali was not taken instead of rana. So, the comparison is mute.

Then drop Kapali and take Rana. And we can enjoy the game. Peace!

reyme
February 21, 2006, 05:54 PM
I give you this though : Rana is probably mentally one of the strongest cricketers we have. No question about that. He has grit and thats why maybe so many people like him here. It is commendable. In cricketing terms, however, his attributes are very average. He is a below average monotonous one day bowler, an incredibly suspect batsman and probaly the worst slip fielder. How can one forget him caught napping when Tendulakr offered that dolly..His negatives outwieghs his only positive. With the talented young ones knocking at the door from the U-19s, he will have a tough time getting back to the team with his dubious resume. Thats why I say, his window is closing fast if not it has already..

1. "He is a below average monotonous one day bowler"

Really? How come he won 2 MoM awards with his bowling and eventually led BD winning the One day series? He is one of the most economical bowlers.

2. "an incredibly suspect batsman"

And yet holds better batting avg than the most. He is in top 3. Might not be a genuine batsman but produces results consistently. Suspect batsman, here is Ashraful against Srilanka: 4, 9, 0, 4.

3. "How can one forget him caught napping when Tendulakr offered that dolly.."

Sure, Mashud, Nafis, Ashraful, Bashar, Rajin all can drop catches after catches, the whole world can drop cathches, but it is Rana who has to take all the blame. If he is not good at slip, just put him somewhere else.

4. "With the talented young ones knocking at the door from the U-19s"

With the advent of those players, Bashar, Pilot, Rajin, and even Ashraful, Aftab all will be gone sooner or later, Kapali will be gone sooner than later. So whats the point, they will all be gone. But until then, please play the right player, play the one, who delivers the best. We dont need a brand name player who's performance is only a myth.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 07:48 PM
To add to reyme's list here is a fill in the blank. Since ICC starte the award for cricket, two bangladeshi so far has been nominated for it. Both in the group of emarging player of the year. one is Aftab and the other is _____.

It funny that what the world can see, Bd selectors can't. And so can't some members here.

Zunaid
February 21, 2006, 08:08 PM
Kapali! :)

Fazal
February 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
To add to reyme's list here is a fill in the blank. Since ICC starte the award for cricket, two bangladeshi so far has been nominated for it. Both in the group of emarging player of the year. one is Aftab and the other is _____.

It funny that what the world can see, Bd selectors can't. And so can't some members here.

:up:

CTazim
February 21, 2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Cricket Crazy
Im scared without Khaled Mashud.

I guess you do not give justice to your nick at B'Cricket :)

CTazim
February 21, 2006, 08:22 PM
Here is JO's strike rate. I think it is pathetic. In one of the matches in an ODI he hit 150 Dot balls. That is 150/6 25 maiden overs.

It is what that needs to be done at this time.

1. Fire the selectors.
2. Get a batting coach.
3. If McInnes or Winters have success with the U-19 team, maybe the problem lies with the current players and the coach. REPLACE ALL OF THEM!!
4. With respect to the rash shots: Being positive and aggressive is one thing in an ODI but beings Suicidal in an effort to punish opponent bowling deserve exemplary PUNISHMENT- Again a complete lack of humility plays a critical role in stopping a good player from becoming great!

5. I think Bashar, Ash, Mashud, Rafiq all need to go, along with JO.
They cannot be playing irresponsible pull shots at this level of game. This is not STREET CRICKET at this time.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Kapali! :)

0 out of 10000000000000000000000000000

CricTiger
February 21, 2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by reyme

1. Javed Omar
2. Shahreer Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Bashar
6. Mashud
7. Kapali
8. Manzarul rana
9. Rafiq
10. Mashrafe
11. Rassel

I will rather switch Rana with Rajin for SS .Bringing Rajin after a while and throwing him after one match does not do the justice.
Same thing I want to say about Raj too.It is now clear that selectors did not put the right team for 1st ODI.
Now we need an explanation from them why they failed file a right team?

CricTiger
February 21, 2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Originally posted by Rubu

:up:

RANA ...

Zunaid
February 21, 2006, 08:35 PM
Rubu - your anti-Kapali and Rana at all cost horse is getting very tired. Why don't you get off that high horse and give some other topic a whirl?

Rabz
February 21, 2006, 08:35 PM
JO's selective is the right move..ive bn cryin out loud since ..well since the beginning of last game about his inclusion..happy to see the selectors saw it also..but alas a bit late.

what could he bring ?? well a mediocre 25-30 runs..
but u know wot that means ?? that means he will be in the crease for a decent amount of time n give the other batsmen a ground to score quickly...unless n untill our "talented" superstars catches the diarrohea too soon n follow last game's path....

n the rest...

well lets not be too hopeful...n that way we'll hv a low expectation n wud enjoy the game...

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
heh. JO ajke abar duck na mare! :P

SMHasan
February 21, 2006, 08:43 PM
Actually what we want? I mean 'we' the supporters of bangladesh. Most of the people are saying to take JO in the opening slot with Ash or Rafiq. But its never gonna happen cos is 'the management'. They will send JO with Nafees then do you know what will happen? Javed will eat lots of balls and Nafees, even if he playes his natural game then there will be deficit of overs. The damage that will be done by Javed wont be able to heal by Nafees.

On the other hand if JO goes with Ash or Rafiq then there is a probability of recovering from Javed disaster! If Ash launches an attack then who knows what haoppens, just remember Trent Bridge, I was there guys; it was an amazing innings.

But its never gonna happen i mean team management won't send Ash in the opening. So whats gonna happen? Will we get a good start? Dont think so beacuse in past we did same but had no result. We lost wickets again and again. Cudnt stop that.

Personally what I think is -send Ash with Javed, will be a good opening pair. One can hit the ball, has got a brilliant eye and another one has got patience. Give them 5 chance I believe they can do something.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Rubu - your anti-Kapali and Rana at all cost horse is getting very tired. Why don't you get off that high horse and give some other topic a whirl?

বিপ্লব সম্পন্ন হওয়ার আগে সৈনিক কখনও ক্ষান্ত হয় না। য্তক্ষন পর্যন্ত এই দেহে.......

I guess I'll stop here. don't wanna get you scared ;)

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 1:56 AM GMT, by Rubu.

Ehsan
February 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by reyme

1. Javed Omar
2. Shahreer Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Bashar
6. Mashud
7. Kapali
8. Manzarul rana
9. Rafiq
10. Mashrafe
11. Rassel

I don't like the team composition. We need one more genuine pacer. We can use Aftab for sometime, but I believe we need one more here. Tapash would do a good job, I have no clue why he was not included in the ODI Squad, he is a wicket taker and we need that sorta bowler in ODIs to break the partnership and slow the scoring rate. I do agree with most people that he needs to stop giving no balls and wides but most likely that was a result of his hidden injury.

al Furqaan
February 21, 2006, 09:00 PM
rana should be in...and JO-abir openeing pair did play well at times...real well.

still not a JO ODI fan, but i actually want him to play with the atrocious batting display in ODI 1.

though also i think abir-rajin should get another chance at 1-2.

akabir77
February 21, 2006, 09:19 PM

Amer money hoy apney namey shorbosho kamey na.. apner kono clue nai key bhalo kheley r key kharap... may be now people's new target is JO after mahmud......

He is the 2/3 run getters in domestic so please people don't go after the experienced once any more please. THese guys proved that they have a cricketing head ... may be they r short in talent but at this moment our talents r giving us a vichel like mishuq that's it...:saint:

thebest
February 21, 2006, 09:21 PM
Why not make JO a super sub to be used in case disaster. At least Rajin could change gear.
I m now tired of Kapali and Rana comparision. I would just advise my fellow country man to stop the comparison. Kapali fans are pretending to sleep while awake and still thinking of those couple 50s but consistantly forgeting Rana won the only one day series for us. I have heard so much Kapali is match winner but never saw one match he won for us. But Rana is not a match winner he is a proven series winner. End of story. by the way those claiming Rana can not hit he had a 7 ball 15 NO at the death of innings on the 4th one day in the same series. 6 from 18 when played at the top still higher of Kaps contibution of 4 from 14;

Flipper
February 21, 2006, 09:30 PM
Our players don't have any patient when the go to the Crease!

And,

Our Selectors don't have any patient either! Why Can't they stick to the same team at least for two games at a time? I understand the logic behind not playing JO in the first game, but why are they bringing him now? If they want JO, why didn't they want him in the first ODI.

This is just impulsiveness!
This is a case of no faith! What a shame!

SMHasan
February 21, 2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by akabir77

Amer money hoy apney namey shorbosho kamey na.. apner kono clue nai key bhalo kheley r key kharap... may be now people's new target is JO after mahmud......

He is the 2/3 run getters in domestic so please people don't go after the experienced once any more please. THese guys proved that they have a cricketing head ... may be they r short in talent but at this moment our talents r giving us a vichel like mishuq that's it...:saint:

Alright then ....play 50 overs and score 160 runs at 3 per over and let other teams get those runs in 20 overs. And take our team in the early 90's.

I didnt say to exclude Javed, i told to bring Ash or Rafiq with him so that we can do something different.

Dhakablues
February 21, 2006, 10:26 PM
All get this... This is the best selection we currently have. firing selectors wont solve any problem... Did you think they left out a Tendulkar or Harmison out there? Accept it, this is how good as it gets.. we dont have players in side the national team or outside, that can demolish Srilankan pace attack or a bowler who can destroy...

We need to start accept that Bangladesh does not have that talent yet,, we are in the process of grooming talents but the current national team will still capable of pulling 10% win rate at the most. Its sad,, but its true.

Dhakablues
February 21, 2006, 10:59 PM
Bangladesh is playing really good... I am impressed

rafiq
February 22, 2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by CTazim
Here is JO's strike rate. I think it is pathetic. In one of the matches in an ODI he hit 150 Dot balls. That is 150/6 25 maiden overs.

It is what that needs to be done at this time.

1. Fire the selectors.
2. Get a batting coach.
3. If McInnes or Winters have success with the U-19 team, maybe the problem lies with the current players and the coach. REPLACE ALL OF THEM!!
4. With respect to the rash shots: Being positive and aggressive is one thing in an ODI but beings Suicidal in an effort to punish opponent bowling deserve exemplary PUNISHMENT- Again a complete lack of humility plays a critical role in stopping a good player from becoming great!

5. I think Bashar, Ash, Mashud, Rafiq all need to go, along with JO.
They cannot be playing irresponsible pull shots at this level of game. This is not STREET CRICKET at this time.

Azim; i wish i had the time to analyze this... but my guess is JO's strike rate has improved considerably in the last 12 months. I think he has improved his one day game and is a solid anchor who doesn't lack shots. Rajin and JO batting together at the top of the order right now...who says it can't be done? And Kapali should be coming in soon!!