PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful under pressure !!!

TheWatcher
February 21, 2006, 03:20 PM
"I think I unnecessarily took pressure on me and that's why I failed. I don't know why it happens time and again. I chased a bad ball yesterday. I am trying to overcome the problem," said Ashraful, a veteran of 60 ODIs and 29 Tests, adding that he was hopeful about a comeback in the second match.

Chief selector Faruque Ahmed, however, was not ready to accept the excuse. Rather he was surprised by the attitude of the young players in the team.

"Any player who at least has played international cricket for two years can't say that he can't handle the pressure. Fine, you might be able to play all the shots, but that doesn't mean you chase every ball. You should handle the pressure in the highest level otherwise you have to bow out of the stage," said a frustrated Faruque.

-DS

I think Faruque made a very bold statement saying Ashraful's huge potential won't be enough to save him from another possible drop out if he keeps playing in such a irresponsible manner. My guess is that U/19's recent performance gave him some confidence, he may not hesitate much to try out one of them (Mushfiqur or Mehrab most probably) in the next series.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 8:21 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 03:28 PM
BUT.....

I think he has created a bad example already with kapali that if you are labelled as talented you do not need to perform to stay in the team. it is not gonna be easy for him to act otherwise now.

pagol-chagol
February 21, 2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I think Faruque made a very bold statement saying Ashraful's huge potential won't be enough to save him from another possible drop out if he keeps playing in such a irresponsible manner. My guess is that U/19's recent performance gave him some confidence, he may not hesitate much to try out one of them (Mushfiqur or Mehrab most probably) in the next series.

Good observation. I would really love to see someone interview Faruq about his U-19 observations.

Under Pressure! I hope Ashraful understands that he is under pressure to make the team. Sometimes I feel that kid doesn't have much of a brain. I guess hand-eye co-ordination and reflexes will keep him in the team until some real batsmen start to show up in the horizon.

Can Samircreep or someone with connections get an interview from Faruq?

rudro
February 21, 2006, 03:48 PM
I would try to replace Faruque first...for several of his fault:

1. Ignoring domestic leauge form while selecting the team
2. Ignoring JO in the final 11
3. Ignoring in-form manjarul rana
4. For inflicting nepotism in the selection process

Beamer
February 21, 2006, 04:02 PM
Rana inform- based on what? He has been out of intl cricket consistently since we beat Zim at home. What are you basing his form on? He hardly played in England and our trip to SL? If you are making that comment based on his domestic season ( whichwasn't that great to begin with..Raj had a far better domestic ), then a whole lot of players can contend for a spot. Unfortunately, there are only 11 spots in a team and he frankly doesn't deserve to be in the starting eleven.

Beamer
February 21, 2006, 04:09 PM
Ashraful has brain cramps and will not learn from his mistakes. He has been around for how many years now? six? He is not a student of the game. Doesn't understand situations and plays like there is no tomorrow. With his superior talent, he will tease us from time to time with breathtaking displays, but he will remain the way he is now. We all hope I am wrong here. But, the trend is too obvious to ignore..

gravitY
February 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
I think Faruque should sit with the players and make his voice loud and clear regarding this. If you can't perform, be prepared to get AXED, plain and simple.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 9:12 PM GMT, by gravitY.

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by gravitY
I think Faruque should sit with the players and make his voice loud and clear regarding this. If you can't perform, be prepared to get AXED, plain and simple.

Same applies to selection committee...........

esteban_loaiza
February 21, 2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by rudro
I would try to replace Faruque first...for several of his fault:

1. Ignoring domestic leauge form while selecting the team
2. Ignoring JO in the final 11
3. Ignoring in-form manjarul rana
4. For inflicting nepotism in the selection process

A-1. That was a good idea. Otherwise we wouldn't able to make an 11. Anyway, standard is way too low and it proved in past.

A-2. The good enough reasone to show that Faruque should be fired

A-3. In form????

A-4. Difficult to prove, but choosing Rajin in the place of JO might have a case.

Edited on, February 21, 2006, 9:20 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

sadi
February 21, 2006, 04:41 PM

But wouldn't it create more pressure?? ;)

Ahmed_B
February 21, 2006, 04:42 PM
Ash has been talking to much lately. He needs to stop talking and realize that every game is a new one and his score starts from ZERO again in every match!

gravitY
February 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by sadi

But wouldn't it create more pressure?? ;)

what pressure???? these guyz are playing quite a few years, they should know by now what it takes to play in international arena!! If you can cope with it, nice and good, else .. find yourself some 3rd division league.

Mon
February 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
This guy has no cricketing sense at all. He should be dropped and admitted to BKSP and learn to play cricket properly. if we need to put him in the heart of our middle order then it might as well be rafiq or chacha instead(who will do a much better job).
All the media hype about his so called 'talent' has also played a part for his downfall.

reyme
February 21, 2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
Rana inform- based on what? He has been out of intl cricket consistently since we beat Zim at home. What are you basing his form on? He hardly played in England and our trip to SL? Unfortunately, there are only 11 spots in a team and he frankly doesn't deserve to be in the starting eleven.

Rana is inform based on the latest cricket. Recent trend indicates Bashar, Rafiq, Kapali will not be be very successful with bats in this series. Mahmud was in form recently and he showed that reflection in the first match. Domestic season did mean something, if someone fails there all the time, chances are very good he will fail in this series as well, like Bashar.

The reason Rana hardly played, is because of continuous nepotism of the selectors, just exactly what has been happening now. His window was closed not due to his form but due to the ignorance (read prothom alo report yesterday by Utpal), nepotism (obvious) and shortsightedness of Faruk and Co.

Now why Rana will not cut it to the team? Can you tell me for sure that we are better off with Nazmul than Rana? Rana is a better bowler, more economical, in form with bat.

I just hope he gets his chance to show his worth, just the way he did agaist Zim series.

DJ Sahastra
February 21, 2006, 06:46 PM
"Ashraful under pressure"

I hope the new stadium has restrooms :)

CricTiger
February 21, 2006, 06:57 PM
Ash is under pressure ???Since When ???This is his style.If he can survive there for first 2/3 overs then we have a match on.

Actually he wanted to hit the ball so hard,so that no one would dare to bowl him again.

Case closed.

cricman
February 21, 2006, 07:06 PM
it's really simple with Ashraful, when he plays vs Bowlers In his mind that are not super standards then he'll try to throw his wicket away. Prime example would be vs Fernando he races of to 40 in 21 balls some of the most brilliant 6's you'll vere see and then Murali came started to play catious. Fernando comes back deleveries a slower ball Ash goes for another 6 hits it long on and out.

the 100 vs Australia he just took what the Aussies gave them which was singles. Hit some clever strokes for 4's and took an occasional risk here and there and the end result was a brilliant innings.

That 94 was the worst thing that ever happened to him after hitting 6's of off Harmission and Flintoff he though he can do it vs any one.

I expect ash to start of slow like he did in the 2nd ODI vs Srilanka(during the last tour). get to 30 of 50 and then try to accelerate.

mshakir56
February 21, 2006, 07:31 PM
I think Ash starts day-dreaming when he is batting. He needs to stop day dreaming, thats all.

Fazal
February 21, 2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
"Ashraful under pressure"

I hope the new stadium has restrooms :)

Are you suggesting he have diebetes?

Pundit
February 21, 2006, 09:18 PM
I think whoever wants to sack Fauk ought to be sacked himeself. Its clear who is messing up - the players.

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 09:26 PM
You wanna kick someone then kick him out from the odi but the who you gonna pick :) we got no option :)

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 2:48 AM GMT, by mahrookh.

Mon
February 21, 2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
You wanna kick someone then kick him out from the odi but the when you gonna pick :) we got no option :)

How about Nafis Iqbal ?

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Mon
You wanna kick someone then kick him out from the odi but the when you gonna pick :) we got no option :)

How about Nafis Iqbal ?

Nafis Iqbal should be selected for "Rajin Saleh" . Ei ta arekta chagol biya koira khela bhuila gesey :)

Mon
February 21, 2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Mon

How about Nafis Iqbal ?

Nafis Iqbal should be selected for "Rajin Saleh" . Ei ta arekta chagol biya koira khela bhuila gesey :)

Anyone but Rajin and Ash will be satisfying for me. :)

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 2:40 AM GMT, by Mon.

thebest
February 21, 2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Mon

How about Nafis Iqbal ?

For the first time I agree with you.

mahrookh
February 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
"Nafis Iqbal" was such a talent but that stupid got married in so early age and now forgot how to play :)

Anyway ekta last chance dewa jaitey parey instead of "Rajin Saleh" , just let's have a look . Sharadin khali bouyer kotha chinta korlei hobey ? 2/4 ta century er kotha chinta kortey hobey nah ?

BD_Ashraful
February 21, 2006, 10:52 PM
If their was no ashraful bangladesh wouldnt have beaten aus
stop getting on his back and sometimes He play some crap shots but no ashraful Bangladesh cricket wouldnt be exciting to watch what about his the 2nd person ever in Bangladesh to make a 100 in test and odi. That 94 was the best innings i have ever seen. SO GET OF ASH BACK

BanglaCool
February 22, 2006, 06:59 AM
No More ! ]
After Ash made a fine 51 in the 2nd ODI against SL in Bogra.
He will be relieved of any pressure to perform equally well for the next 10 matches.