PDA

View Full Version : We lost our right to bash Jones anymore

TheWatcher
February 21, 2006, 11:56 PM
Shame on Pilot for claiming Mubarak's catch, shame on Mahbubur Rahman for giving such a faulty decision.

fishyguy
February 21, 2006, 11:57 PM
That was aweful.

Rubu
February 21, 2006, 11:57 PM
and rashid latif.

cracky
February 22, 2006, 12:23 AM
why you shout without even looking what happened. After Pailot took the catch and the umpire gave out, pailot went to Jayasuriya and told him that he is doubtful whether it was dropped. Jayasuriya then went to the umpire. Both umpire discussed and they sticked to the decission. So it was an umpire mistake not Pailot's.

chinaman
February 22, 2006, 12:24 AM
Didn't watch the event. If it is really true, he should be disciplined for leting the team as well as the rest of us down.

Flipper
February 22, 2006, 12:33 AM
Well, it's not Pilot's fault, as I hear from Wasim Akram.

Rassel bowled, thought he had his man, appealed, and up went the finger of Mahbubu (the moran).

Ball don't carry to Pilot, but he celebrate for a sec, but then he goes stright to Bashar, and tells that the ball didn't carry.

Bashar didn't call the batsman back, but spoke to the Umpires, and Umpires decide the decision stays.

Flipper
February 22, 2006, 12:34 AM
BTW, this is not new for Mahbubu, Remember the series final against Zimbabwe! :mad:

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 12:47 AM
This won't be the first time though. Rafique had claimed caught and bolwed of Laxman when he had clearly taken the catch after the ball had touched the ground right in front of him. This was i think the second test of India-Bangladesh series.

No fuss was made by anyone as it was hardly consequential.

thebest
February 22, 2006, 12:48 AM
I m still confuse. If Pilot say so, then Bashar can call back over ruleing the umpire simply by withdrawing appeal. Ye Mahabub is moron so as Basar and Hariharan. We may not lose the right to bash Jones but definietly loss the right to bash Vaughan.
:down: Basar
:down: Hariharan
:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::d own::down::down::down::down: Moron Mahabub

TheWatcher
February 22, 2006, 02:23 AM
:down:to Bashar too:mad:

aosaif
February 22, 2006, 05:05 AM
so u [edit] think that we're the first team to NOT withdraw an appeal after it has been made and affirmed by the umpire? Oh aussies are such holy people are they? [edit] are so pure. Oh but [edit].....so so dirty!

You guys make me sick. Such disloyalty to Pilot and Bashar.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 3:32 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.content. Strong warning via u2u.

billah
February 22, 2006, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
This won't be the first time though. Rafique had claimed caught and bolwed of Laxman when he had clearly taken the catch after the ball had touched the ground right in front of him. This was i think the second test of India-Bangladesh series.

The above, in my opinion: Pure gujob.

We haven't lost any rights. Bowler appealed justifyably, since he never has the clear view of the action behind the stumps. Pilot never appealed. He even told the skipper that he was not sure if the catch was taken cleanly. Sanath calls the batsman back. Ump, the real culprit, sticks to his decision. Let's remember here that Rahman is an official third party here. Also, he is not the brightest.

Bina karone lungi mathar upore uthaye nacha nachi korar to kono karon dekhi na....

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 11:34 AM GMT, by billah.

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 06:36 AM
It's not disloyalty. I watched the whole thing and it appears that while Bashar and Pilot did not make an all out spectacle of the appeal as Mr. Bandara did in the case of JO, they could have acted more strongly.

It was very obvious that Pilot said something to Sanath and then Sanath goes to the umpire to bring Jehan back. This is where Bashar's temerity is a hindrance. Bashar did not have the force of personality to go the umpire and say look here, bring the boy back. He prolly told Sanath "yes, I am not sure, so if you want to talk to the umpire that's ok".

IT's not the height of sportsmanship, but no way is it in the same league as Michael "who me" Vaughn and Jones shameless appealing.

Shakalaka
February 22, 2006, 06:41 AM
What about S.Nafees wicket???

that ball never even touched the bat. and SR wicketkeeper definately would have seen that. but he was given out just becos Srilankan kept screaming at the top of their tones.

its cricket bad call happen. they lost Mubarak and we lost nafees. and frankily speaking, Nafees was playing much better that time than mubarak.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 11:41 AM GMT, by Shakalaka.

al Furqaan
February 22, 2006, 06:43 AM
i don't like this obviouisly biased mahbubur guy...we need fair refs, not patronizers.

billah
February 22, 2006, 06:44 AM
I saw it too, if Pilot had acted more "Strongly" than he did in the field today, (which, by the way, should get him the "Sportsman of the Year" award), he would have had to change his Bangladeshi uniform to that of Sri Lanka. I've been watching cricket for a while now, I have not seen this ever. If Sanath had asked him, he could have easily had said, talk to the ump.

Bashar, yes, he could have made an attempt to call the batsman back, but being the "Minmin" mumbly, meek, putu-putu Bashar is, he kept with the protocol of the game. So, the umpire's call stands.

Flipper
February 22, 2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

DJ, mate, what the hack you are talking about? I sometime get tired of you looking for oppertunities to create up issues between BD and India. Why are you so obsessive about it?

yaseer
February 22, 2006, 06:50 AM
look........Pailot did not even appeal for the catch..........yet mahbubur rahman gave out.........what should pailot do?? pailot should not be blamed..............Tahole to umpire ra jokhon bhul LBW dei tokhon seta newar jonno whole fielding team ke dosh dite hobe

Difference between pailot's incident and the incident between Jones and Rashid Latif is that........both of them appealed thouhg they did not took the catch. But pailot did not appeal.

yaseer
February 22, 2006, 06:51 AM
Pailot also told Jayasuriya about not claiming the catch...........what else he can do???????? come on.............

See the whole incident and then comment on that

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 06:53 AM
Same thing happened with "Geriant Jones" and nothing happened to him .

You guys wana know how many wrong decisions against Bangladesh ?

1) Jayasuriya's LBW shout By Mashrafe . It's been turned away when it was plumb .

2) Rajin Saleh's LBW was wrong ball outside of stump and bit high

3) Javed omar's LBW was outside of off stump .

4) Shahriar Nafee's caught behind . Clearly wasn't touched at all .

After all these how can you say we cheated ? We didn't as it's all umpire's fault as usual .

We won the match , that's it :)

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 12:07 PM GMT, by mahrookh.

yaseer
February 22, 2006, 06:54 AM
And about Mahbubur rahman...........well.........he is a poor umpire..........he did not gave the decision by partiality.......he is poor thats all......it confirms when he gave Javed omer out.....Javed was out 2 balls before....he did not give it...srilankans pressured him.....then he gave Javed out on which he was not out......that is a example of a poor umpire.....thats all

yaseer
February 22, 2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh

1) Jayasuriya's LBW shout By Mashrafe . It's been turned away .

if it was given.....srilanka could not reach even 150......

stop having this nonsense comments...........to me Pailot was too generous today......he even told jayasuriya about not catching it after umpire gave the decision.........no one in the world would have done that

cricfanz
February 22, 2006, 10:16 AM
No flipper, actually DJ's half-right..I remember that catch myself, although i dont recall who the batsman was...

Ind-Bdesh Test (dont rem 1st or 2nd one)..Rafiq to the batsman and the batsman spooned to the left of rafiq who dived to get the ball...he caught it...but the ball hit the deck while still in rafiq's hand....the ball touched the deck, yes...therefore it was not out...however the umpire probably didnt notice and neither did the batsman....rafiq was probably too excited to realise....

DJ, the ball did not touch the ground right in front of rafiq...it touched the ground while in rafiq's hand, due to his dive....

or maybe these are two separate incidents..which i doubt..

Rubu
February 22, 2006, 10:26 AM
After analyzing what I've seen and hear, I don't feel bad about it anymore. here is why: The comms never blamed any player except for blaming mahbub for not calling for 3rd umpire even after jayasuria asked for it. I don't see a mistake on pilot's part. he did not appeal and when out was given, and bowler raised his hand go give him high five, he can't just hide his hand behind. he was not laughing or anthing. just touched the raised hands of russel. the mistake would be on bashar's part for not calling him back. but again, when stronger teams do not show this laxury (gentlemanship) how can I blame bashar for not doing it?

we need to have more qualified unbaised umpires. that all. but again (i mean again again) that is the same thing done by all stronger teams. nothing exceptional.

and as you can see, none of the report made a fuzz out of it.

brikonwall
February 22, 2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh
1) Jayasuriya's LBW shout By Mashrafe . It's been turned away when it was plumb .
2) Rajin Saleh's LBW was wrong ball outside of stump and bit high
3) Javed omar's LBW was outside of off stump .
4) Shahriar Nafee's caught behind . Clearly wasn't touched at all .
After all these how can you say we cheated ? We didn't as it's all umpire's fault as usual .
We won the match , that's it :)

To all Pilot, Bashar and umpire Mahbub bashers...read this post by Mahrookh and make no comment...

brikonwall
February 22, 2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Shakalaka
What about S.Nafees wicket???

that ball never even touched the bat. and SR wicketkeeper definately would have seen that. but he was given out just becos Srilankan kept screaming at the top of their tones.

its cricket bad call happen. they lost Mubarak and we lost nafees. and frankily speaking, Nafees was playing much better that time than mubarak.

All Pilot, Bashar and umpire Mahbub bashers, read this post too...and make no comment...

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by cricfanz
No flipper, actually DJ's half-right..I remember that catch myself, although i dont recall who the batsman was...

Ind-Bdesh Test (dont rem 1st or 2nd one)..Rafiq to the batsman and the batsman spooned to the left of rafiq who dived to get the ball...he caught it...but the ball hit the deck while still in rafiq's hand....the ball touched the deck, yes...therefore it was not out...however the umpire probably didnt notice and neither did the batsman....rafiq was probably too excited to realise....

DJ, the ball did not touch the ground right in front of rafiq...it touched the ground while in rafiq's hand, due to his dive....

or maybe these are two separate incidents..which i doubt..

Cric_fanz,

I think we are talking the same event and your description sounds right. I am not making fuss of it and it is not worth making any fuss out of it - just remembered it since someone presented the context. It was not a fair catch and Rafique knew it. That's all.

Pilot did tell Bashar about it and that shows that shows that after the initial excitement had subsided, he was honest about it. That, in my opinion, counts.

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2006, 10:35 AM
As many people said Pilot never appealed. I saw it live. What did jones do?

After bowler Rassel came down running with two hands high to get a "High-fives" from players K Mashud was not the first one to greet him. What did Jones do?

K Mashud immidiately went to Bashar. what did Jones do?

When Jayasuriya went to ask him about the catch he told him the truth. What did Jones do?

Please, feel free to bash Jones to your hearts content.

The mistake lies with both umpires not going to the 3rd umpire for that decision. Not K Mashud. Bashar could take some responsibility and could show sportsmanship. But This is just like Dravid appealing for obstruction of the wicket on Inzi. The ball tragectary was going way out side the leg stump, Go watch it again (doubters).