PDA

View Full Version : Buffering problem

sadi
February 22, 2006, 04:38 AM
Is anyone facing buffering problem in dilmatv.com? Its really bad and you can hardly see a ball.

Sauron
February 22, 2006, 04:44 AM
are they taking feed off Star Sports today? I have buffering probs on Willow TV, which is unusual. May be source is Star Sports ....

shongkhonil
February 22, 2006, 04:45 AM
Yup same problem here. I really expected better service from them. They really let me down. I should've just gotten the package from willow tv. I can't beleive I am not being able to watch such a good match properly:(

sadi
February 22, 2006, 04:46 AM
dilmatv really sucks... what about willow tv

cricket_pagol
February 22, 2006, 04:50 AM
Buffering problem is horrible, unable to watch a rare but fine batting performance by bangladesh.

cricket_pagol
February 22, 2006, 04:52 AM
I wonder how dilmatv.com will try to compensate us this time?

arafath79
February 22, 2006, 04:54 AM
I am having the buffering problem from dilmatv too !! :E

incapablecomet
February 22, 2006, 05:01 AM
Dilmatv simply ruined the fun of watching this game. They suck big time and talk big as well.

cracky
February 22, 2006, 05:02 AM
damn, I am having the same from dilmatv, they better compensate us.

incapablecomet
February 22, 2006, 05:05 AM
They should refund all the money they got from us. The most unprofessional streaming I have come across in recent times.

sadi
February 22, 2006, 05:05 AM
really disappointing service

alam7770
February 22, 2006, 05:08 AM
I subscribed to Willow Tv and they r having the same problem.....It is not Willow or Dilma I would think....SOmething to do with the broadcasting source!!!

howzatt!
February 22, 2006, 05:20 AM
guys its not dilmatv. i'm watching at willow tv and they have the same problem. can't watch more than 3-4 seconds at once. buffereing very badly.

bang_fan001
February 22, 2006, 06:01 AM
i guess,
dilmatv is capturing stream from willow tv.
so when willow tv is buffering, so does dilmatv

bang_fan001
February 22, 2006, 06:03 AM
i guess,
dilmatv is capturing stream from willow tv.
so when willow tv is buffering, so does dilmatv

ibnul
February 22, 2006, 06:27 AM
I am so disappoited by the dilmatv, woke real early and could not watch for this buffering, I guess even audio would be better than this.
But anyway we won.

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 06:28 AM
Guys, all of you need to write to customer support for dilma and willow and threaten to cancel. In this world money talks. And willow better put the game highlights on rebroadcast.

Flipper
February 22, 2006, 06:33 AM
man, I was so disappointed, not being able to watch the 2nd part of the game that we won! I am really pissed. We should get refund for the first 2 games now, no excuse.

sadi
February 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
I would definately like an explanation from dilmatv.... how are they gonna compensate us for this? Either they should refund us or do something about it. Anyone mailed them yet? Any reply?

shamster
February 22, 2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by sadi
I would definately like an explanation from dilmatv.... how are they gonna compensate us for this? Either they should refund us or do something about it. Anyone mailed them yet? Any reply? This reply ''Dear sir,

It was a problem with ESPN which is our streaming source. The video seemed buffering but actually the Television screen was stuck too. This issue will be fixed for the next ODI. Please bare with this as we can't do any thing about it. Once again our stream was not buffering or stuck but the streaming source which is the ESPN channel was stuck in one place constantly. This was a problem to a lot viewers all arround the world. So we can't really do any thing from our side. We contacted ESPN and they stated that its a problem with the Sattelite conncetion. However the problem will be solved for the next ODI. Please don't reply to this email

Thank you.

- DIlmaTV Staff'' Basically it aint thier fault !! charming !

sadi
February 22, 2006, 04:46 PM
as long as I can watch the game on friday, I will be okay... don't wanna go through this pain again.......

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2006, 04:51 PM
hmmm! I watched the first half SL batting through Dilmatv. There wasn't that much buffering. may be once or twice. The server got stuck twice but when I clicked on to another server it came back.

So all this buffering was it when I didn't watch (BD batting)?

deshibhai
February 22, 2006, 05:25 PM
Yup, the buffering (or should I call it the almost complete lack of service) happened during the Bangladesh innings. The SL innings was trouble free. I received an email from Dilma blaming the "buffering" on SkySports transmission problems (and saying that Willow encountered similar problems). I was initially skeptical of their explanation, but a number of folks on this board who bought the Willow package also complained about buffering during the BD innings. I was, however, able to listen to trouble-free audio on Paltalk (which was also sourced from SkySports), so I wonder how they were able to pull off audio from SkySports when Dilma/Willow were unable to get either audio or video.

Sauron
February 22, 2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by deshibhai
Yup, the buffering (or should I call it the almost complete lack of service) happened during the Bangladesh innings. The SL innings was trouble free. I received an email from Dilma blaming the "buffering" on SkySports transmission problems (and saying that Willow encountered similar problems). I was initially skeptical of their explanation, but a number of folks on this board who bought the Willow package also complained about buffering during the BD innings. I was, however, able to listen to trouble-free audio on Paltalk (which was also sourced from SkySports), so I wonder how they were able to pull off audio from SkySports when Dilma/Willow were unable to get either audio or video.

Because Dilma/Willow tapped off of Star Sports.

reverse_swing
February 22, 2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by deshibhai

Sky Sports!! They are not showing this series. I think you mean Star Sports. Right?

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 11:08 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

truetruetiger
February 22, 2006, 07:18 PM
to compensate i think dilmatv should show us the australi-bd series! wot do u think?

BD Tigers
February 22, 2006, 07:42 PM
i had the buffering too. Made me so mad but if willow tv had the same problem then I am going to believe their excuse. But at least they shud try rebroadcast BD batting in next few days. I hope dilmatv is watching this thread and reply.

cricket_pagol
February 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
Dilmatv has to either give us the money back or shown us some games from the AUS vs BD series for free.

Bat-PadTogether
February 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
Why we cannot watch these streams on Winamp?I mean BD Vs SL series. I watched most of Live cricket on Winamp.

sadi
February 23, 2006, 06:47 PM
i dun think anyone is streaming it in winamp

habfreak
February 24, 2006, 12:30 AM
Dilma should really give all of us a big discount for the Australia series (Atleast 50%), I mean...we couln't watch 2 out of 3 ODIs and even if there's no more interruption...they have to compensate us in some way...everyone who paid...let's write to them...I'm never buying from them again if they don't and I'll let them know of that!

mahrookh
February 24, 2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by habfreak
Dilma should really give all of us a big discount for the Australia series (Atleast 50%), I mean...we couln't watch 2 out of 3 ODIs and even if there's no more interruption...they have to compensate us in some way...everyone who paid...let's write to them...I'm never buying from them again if they don't and I'll let them know of that!

First of all , they won't broadcast it at all . It would be on "Sky Sports" . So , you can watch it from there without buffering .

sadi
February 24, 2006, 09:45 AM
how come they never show up here anymore? I mean before the series, they used to come here and answer every question... now they are gone....

SMHasan
February 24, 2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sadi
how come they never show up here anymore? I mean before the series, they used to come here and answer every question... now they are gone....

Exactly! Before the series began dilmatv used to come here and would answer our questions but now they dont. May be they have got their desired subscribers so they dont come here anymore.

But trust me guys if we face same problem 2day then I am gonna kill them.:o

sadi
February 24, 2006, 11:10 AM
yeah the quality better be good today..... are they also showing the NZ-WI match?

Sauron
February 24, 2006, 01:40 PM
Okay, I sent this to Willow TV:

I could not watch the second half of Bangladesh Vs. SriLanka 2nd ODI due to buffering every few seconds. If this poor quality continues, there is no point in continuing my subscription.

Please let me know if you are addressing this issue for the next matches.

They responded with this:

Thank you for your message.

We truly understand your situation, Sir. Due to inescapable circumstances we had to face such a situation during 2nd ODI live web cast. Our technical team has taken extra precautionary measures to avoid such situations in the future.

Though its our earnest endeavour to keep providing all our valued customers with as much cricket as possible, however at times there are conditions beyond our control and we work at our best to fix them at earliest and compensate our patrons in some or the other way.

Due to inconvenience caused, we will extend complimentary access for a days match of your choice on our future offerings.

Assuring best of our services.

Hope they come through this time.

sadi
February 24, 2006, 01:42 PM
nice... I wonder what dilmatv will do to compensate us...

Faceoff
February 24, 2006, 01:43 PM
Can you tell them to re-broadcast the 2nd ODI?

Dhakablues
February 24, 2006, 04:34 PM
I got the same message from Willow TV... but man, so many others have bought the package tonight that I am not too sure whether the streaming will improve. Either way, my backup plan is Paltalk... atleast I get to see colorful 4s,6s,, than boring black Crickinfo...

oracle
February 24, 2006, 04:38 PM
Nice. I got the exact message from Willow too. If they mess up today, compensation is due.:(

habfreak
February 24, 2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Originally posted by habfreak

First of all , they won't broadcast it at all . It would be on "Sky Sports" . So , you can watch it from there without buffering .
I didn't know skysports had online streaming...can I have the web address plz?