PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go for the Series Win!

Flipper
February 22, 2006, 06:42 AM
We Won!

There is no other feeling better than this.

Now that we know that we are capable, let's go for the Jugular!

:fire:

Mohiul
February 22, 2006, 07:35 AM
Now all teams in this subcontinent who holds WC once upon a time are lost to us. What a feeling!

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 07:38 AM
Not easy but it's possible . Srilanka in ranking number 7 in recent times in odi . So , why not ? If we try extremly hard then we can do it as we need something bigger to play against the Series against the Aussies .

So , let's keep your fingers crossed :)

israr
February 22, 2006, 07:48 AM
go tigers go !!! we can do it we have it in us yeah c'mon lets rock: rock the cricket world and shut up and seal the critics' mouths tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::t iger:

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by bdcricmad
Now all teams in this subcontinent who holds WC once upon a time are lost to us. What a feeling!
All the test playing nations in the subcontinent also won a WC
look at the pattern
india was granted it first,then pakistan then srilanka and they won the WC in same order
hope its our turn:bald:

Rubu
February 22, 2006, 08:31 AM
I'm just wondering who's next?

SA
WI
NZ
Eng

this four chaps gonna get some friendly treat from us soon. whom should be next?

Mahmood
February 22, 2006, 09:00 AM
Change Nazmul and bring Rana in, I think we have a shot to win this series.

Right now, Sri Lankan batsmen should be totally out of confidence, Bangladesh is the opposit, now they believe they can.

This is our time.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Rubu

SA
WI
NZ
Eng

this four chaps gonna get some friendly treat from us soon. whom should be next?

England & New Zealand would be the last then you can for the other 2 first :)

Ejaj
February 22, 2006, 09:20 AM
Would love to have a series win against a quality test team like Srilanka.. But. I guess.. I would be dreaming then. It will be quite difficult to do so.. Nonetheless....... Loved to have such a dream..and If it gets real.. then.. .. I will be speechless... :D

prasad
February 22, 2006, 09:24 AM
bd cant win ag wi until they learn to play pace(above 140)agree,wi has avegrage bowlers.but they r quick.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by prasad
bd cant win ag wi until they learn to play pace(above 140)agree,wi has avegrage bowlers.but they r quick.

That's not true at all . How many bowls bowlking by Mcgrath is over 140 kph these days ? But still he's one of the best bowler of recent times :)

Asif
February 22, 2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ejaj
Would love to have a series win against a quality test team like Srilanka.. But. I guess.. I would be dreaming then. It will be quite difficult to do so.. Nonetheless....... Loved to have such a dream..and If it gets real.. then.. .. I will be speechless... :D

we squared a series before against india last year or may be end of last to last year.... but in the 3rd match they came out strong and posted 350+ on the board, remember boys???

BUT now, its srilanka and they dont have that strong of a batting line up what india had... so, yes may be, we can win the series BUT two conditions have to be fulfilled...

1. Restrict them from scoring heavy total which can't be chased... what I mean by that is anything above 250.. because we can possibley chase upto 250.

2. Our batsmen have to stay in the wicket.. play full 50 overs and bring forth couple of fifties.. if we batting fast... we have to post someting above 250+ to defend the total.. I have faith over our bowlers and they can defend 250 with the help of our superb fielding

Lets pray we really win a series against a full fledged test team

IanW
February 22, 2006, 06:03 PM
If everyone bats sensibly and to the conditions, then this Bangladesh batting lineup can put a decent score together.

If everyone bowls well - keeping it tight, not too short, not too long - then this Bangladesh bowling lineup can limit a side to a decent score.

If everyone fields well, then they can maybe get a runout or two, and turn some threes into twos, twos into ones, and ones into dot balls.

Put them all together, and with either luck or the other side playing slightly less well than they can, and thats a win.

And one more win is a series victory over Sri Lanka.

After Cardiff, the bar has gone up.

Akram had it right - play Bangladesh as a warmup game, and you should prepare to be embarressed.

Ian Whitchurch

gravitY
February 22, 2006, 06:07 PM
we've a good chance for the series win!!! wish tigers would give everything to make it true!!

SS
February 22, 2006, 06:07 PM
Stop dreaming one win is enough for us just play good! and think about the test

ASA
February 22, 2006, 06:22 PM
SS - that's a sad attitude, I have to say. If the players thought like you, we wouldn't have won yesterday. Anyway - I think it's VERY possible to win the next match - hope the players will be able to hold it together next time too.

Go TIGERS!!! :tiger:

sufism
February 22, 2006, 06:35 PM
who does not want to win. but it's not realistic to expect our players to win two games in a row against srilanka. we are certainly improving, but not there yet. srilankans are gonna come very hard this time. i'll be more then happy with a well faught game.

Umar
February 22, 2006, 06:35 PM
I dont know why I am feeling like winning is AS USUAL for us....I am not to high.....I dont know why.

againsta Australia...I was so Excited...but in this one...I am really taking it as a win....and i am feeling like we can win more against srilanka in this series....:cool:

So lets see....But remember...its only my Feelings.....towards my Team....

mshakir56
February 22, 2006, 06:39 PM

SA
WI
NZ
Eng

New Zealand should be a nice catch, as we have never beaten them.

Hegar
February 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
I just hope that it doesn't go to their heads. I will be happy if we're just competitive even if we lose. A close games a good game.

gravitY
February 22, 2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56

SA
WI
NZ
Eng

New Zealand should be a nice catch, as we have never beaten them.

But I'd love to see Eng as our next prey.

They'd been too cocky, so is their media. But they should know it by now, Tigers are on the way. U-19 humiliated the same of them recently; should be a good implication for future.

Flipper
February 22, 2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ejaj

Hey Ejaj, WC back, but stay away from bashing Tapash and Rajin! :P

As Ian said, it's very much doable. Today, we looked the better of the two teams in the field. And, if we follow the simple recepie of playing our potential, another series victory is on the way!

FagunerAgun
February 22, 2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bdcricmad

That is a fabulous, awesome feeling.

Lets repeast the whole cycle..

FagunerAgun
February 22, 2006, 08:09 PM

SA
WI
NZ
Eng

Aus are the next in BD's killing list..:joy:

thebest
February 22, 2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SS
Stop dreaming one win is enough for us just play good! and think about the test

NO stop in dreaming
But My Dear SS you can stop posting your pessimistic view. I find you the only person who always saw glass half empty.

We may or may not win. But go for jaguler. Show the world that the win was not a fluke.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 2:47 AM GMT, by thebest.
Reason: spl

Hatebreed
February 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
We gotta win! I hope we will! Amra korbo joy! :fanflag:

imran78
February 22, 2006, 09:54 PM
series win is very possible. the new SL batsmen are unimpressive. if we get jayasuria, sangakarra and jayawerdene out cheaply they wont be able to put up a big score.

their bowling without murali and vass looks pretty unthreatening too. in the 1st game our batsmen threw their wickets away..in the 2nd one they played responsibly and won. if they can do that in the 3rd match too..we will win.

Mahir
February 22, 2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by prasad

The closest margins of losses for BD in ODIs came against the West Indies in our last tour there... we also had our first complete drawn Test against West Indies. So it should be a matter of time before we knock the WIndies off.

CricTiger
February 22, 2006, 10:09 PM
Under pressure BD does not play good.At least history supports this fact.After this win,our expectation started going very high.And we the supporters already expect a lot from them.Still if BD can make the 3rd ODI a close fighting game the I would say

জিতলে খুশী
হারলেও অসুবিধা নাই

At least we show our color

Mahir
February 22, 2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
Under pressure BD does not play good.

I think our team was under tremendous pressure for a better showing after the 1st ODI, and look what they ended up achieving.

CricTiger
February 22, 2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Originally posted by CricTiger
Under pressure BD does not play good.

I think our team was under tremendous pressure for a better showing after the 1st ODI, and look what they ended up achieving.

Agree

BD were under pressure before our 1ST ODI too for a better show and they flopped so there were no consistency.

Still WIN is a win and I want to beleive that they can perform better under pressure.

Haradhon
February 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
I was reading an inetrview with Dav in which he set a goal of winining at least one ODI. I want to be measured in saying things - let's play the 3rd ODI carefully, and make it a close game even we lose.

For the test series, lets play all 5 days and have one respectable draw.

Our expectations are too high; remember, in the last ODI everyone except Nazmul performed to our expectations or beyond.