PDA

View Full Version : changes for 3rd ODI ?

nannu
February 22, 2006, 09:03 AM
well u can say never change a winning team.
but still i want to see rajin/najmul out and shahadat/rana in.

nannu ( the changer)

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 2:06 PM GMT, by Sham.

islam
February 22, 2006, 09:08 AM
you mean third ODI ...

and nazmul needs to go....it's lucky that he didn't bowl 10 overs :wow:

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by islam
you mean third ODI ...

and nazmul needs to go....it's lucky that he didn't bowl 10 overs :wow:

No changes at all . Why you wanna break the "winning team" ? We did play with the same squad after winning against the Zimbabwe and we didi win there too :)

Nazmul bowled well enough . Every bowler won't be decent all the time . That was his bad luck "Jayasuriya" been hitting him all over the parks . His replacements won't be good either .

Rajin Saleh's LBW wasn't clearly out . So , he can stay too .

sadi
yeah definately want to see him go and let rana come in...

Spitfire_x86
I would like to see Rana in Nazmul's place.

Rajin should get another chance as super-sub

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 09:14 AM
Rajin will probably still remain in the team,but i think nazmul lost it.

Sham
February 22, 2006, 09:16 AM
Firstly, Shahadat is not in the squad.

I think the player who should get kicked out is Nazmul. Never been a fan, not likely to ever be. I think he is a totally ordinary bowler. Short, no pace, no swing, no weapons whatsoever! Aftab is better than him as a third seamer.

Now, the obvious choice to replace Nazmul is with Rana. But the thing is, we really could have done with a proper 3rd seamer today, someone like a Taposh. The conditions were overcast and heavy and the pitch had moisture, and had we had another good seamer to take over from Mashrafe, SL wouldnt have gotten near 200! Nazmul almost undid all the good work that Mashrafe and Rasel did!

If the early morning conditions in Chittagong are similar and we get to bowl first, I'd still prefer to go in with three front-line seamers although I wish the team had a different third seamer instead of Nazmul.

So, its not such an easy decision in my mind. I guess I'd bring back Rana anyway, just because Nazmul is bloody useless and Rana will definitely contribute more. That would mean that Aftab would have to take over the 3rd seamers role, although that may be asking a bit too much of him! He bowled at the right time today, after the powerplays were done with and he dried up the runs by slowing down the pace on the ball. However, in the 11th or 12th over with there still being some juice on the wicket, we ought to have a proper quickie to take advantage of the conditions.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:20 AM
Rajin Saleh can go out as he can play the test matches . Rana can come on his spot .

Nazmul should stay as he is way better than "Tapash" .

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2006, 09:21 AM
Is Shahadat better than Nazmul? At times Nazmul sprayed it all over the place and got belted. But at times he bowled right on the spot. Unlucky four (inside edge-Fernando I think), two catches dropped on no-mans land, JO's difficult catch turned to 4. Only 3 extra I thought that was a big plus. May be use him not in the restricted overs.
But if it is a spinning pitch then I would prefer Rana over Nazmul for sure.

Rajin needs more time. He is the future openner and this will only help for the test grooming. Best fielder/athelete we have.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 2:22 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 09:23 AM
Do you have any news on Talha Jubair,this lad showed signs of promise.

Ejaj
February 22, 2006, 09:28 AM
Well.. I would have Rana in the team in place of Rajin.. Nazmul should stay in the main 11 since., we actualyl need three seamers.. and not need to worry since, we have quality part timers in Aftab, Alok. Nazmul didnt bowl great today.. but.. to me..he is like those players.. who can get a vital breakthough with his tidy line or check the runrate down. Anyway.. Would have loved to have more options like.. Shahadat. Btw.. I will never like Taposh in the team in place of Nazmul.. God, in last England tour.. he was sooo bad.. I felt I could even bowl better than him.. It was horrible.
So. my choice to have Rana in place of Rajin (supersub) and nazmul stays in the main 11.

oracle
February 22, 2006, 09:30 AM
Rajin out!! No way, he is getting back to shape and looked good at the crease. Once he settles in, i.e gets past 20-25 rums then he is tough to dismiss. Right place in the team.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 2:31 PM GMT, by oracle.

Rubu
February 22, 2006, 09:32 AM
Forget shahadat, he is not physically fit. Let him recover from his injury completely first. I still do not understand why taposh was not kept in the team. Unless he is not fit to play either its a different story, otherwise, selectors need to include taposh in place of nazmul now.

nazmul has to go. who comes in depends on who we have available. unless we are ended up with another foggy day like this, we would promote aftab as the 3rd seamer and bring in rana.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:35 AM
If "Rana" has to get in the "Rajin" has to get out . We do need 3 seamers in the cold winter day in ctg .

Today's win was a great win . The real credit goes to the "Cruator of that pitch" . Luckily Bangladesh won the toss today :)

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Today's win was a great win . The real credit goes to the "Cruator of that pitch" . Luckily Bangladesh won the toss today :)
:up:
and Farooq (cheif selector) threatening Ash to play sensibly or he will be out.

Ejaj
February 22, 2006, 09:42 AM
Well. Rana will add extra bowling feature that Rajin wont be able to do so. Although many will disagree with me.. I feel, Rajin , with his present form and technique, will hardly be able to give anyting special than Rana. No offence please, if it hurts anyone.

Asif
February 22, 2006, 09:44 AM
Nazmul stays.... just for the blow he took on his head while fielding... that did hurt a lot.. no doubt. Mathae bari khaia pola ta ajke kisu korte parlo na.....

And about his bowling... he tried hard for sure... it's just jaya bhai went berserk for some reason... and also in the last over anyone will hit.. even mashrafee would have been hit if he was bowling... even ruchira perera got hit 16 runs in one over... is srilanka going to rest him?? NO... couple of overs here and there doesn't really tell the complete story about a bowler.

Sauron
February 22, 2006, 09:46 AM
Rana IN
Nazmul OUT

That is the ONLY change needed. After that, the team is as good as can be.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Asif
Nazmul stays.... just for the blow he took on his head while fielding... that did hurt a lot.. no doubt. Mathae bari khaia pola ta ajke kisu korte parlo na.....

And about his bowling... he tried hard for sure... it's just jaya bhai went berserk for some reason... and also in the last over anyone will hit.. even mashrafee would have been hit if he was bowling... even ruchira perera got hit 16 runs in one over... is srilanka going to rest him?? NO... couple of overs here and there doesn't really tell the complete story about a bowler.

I agree with you . He's the best odi economy bowler we have amongst the seamers . He tried very hard and ending up with a wicket too . That "Jayasuriya" been hitting him everywhere , that's not his fault at all . Tapash is not good replacemenet of him anyway . Nazmul was very unlucky today . Catches been dropped on his bowling .

Mahmood
February 22, 2006, 10:46 AM
Rana should definitly come in for Nazmul.

We can not make Rana a super sub as he will take 1-2 wickets givint around 30-32 runs and score somewhere between 20-30 runs.

Either Russell or Rajin should be supersub. If the wickets suggests we should bat first, then make Russell the supersub, and if we lose the toss and asked to field, then we will have to sacrifice Rajin and bring Russell in early.

Rubu
February 22, 2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Asif

if he tried really hard, then he lack ability. He was giving space to jayasuria constantly. could not maintain his line or lenth and that is the reason jaya was able to pick on him. his speed or just ordinary. did not have any swing whatsoever, and i was not able to notice any variation either (may be he had but i could not notice). in a pace friendly situation that is what he came up with. I was very disappointed by that. I remember him having a promising debut at england and was quite impressive. its disappointing to see him disappear like that. but ofcourse, we can't have anyone who is in preparation stage in national team. so, he can get into HP work on his bowling and if he can show results, he can surely come back. until then, we have somone better.

esteban_loaiza
February 22, 2006, 11:39 AM
Nazmul was hit around the park by Jayasuriya..... well McGrath, Wasim Akram, Srinath and numerous other have the same exxperience. He settled down and bowled a couple of overs pretty well. Dont get too much emotional about it. He was chosen in front of Rana because of the condition. So if the condition remains same he will be in the team. If not there might be a change.

Hatebreed
February 22, 2006, 11:48 AM
Nazmul's gotta go!.. we need a good pacer like Talha or Shahadat.. althought if you remember Shahadat had some 'distraction controvery' on the Sri Lankans with his 'grunt' during the ball release... may be he should be brought in for the same reason!

Another choice would include Tapash who is slightly expensive but still a wicket-taker... or Rana the spinner!

TheWatcher
February 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
My impression from the NCL matches is that Chittagong divisional stadium's wicket will be a spinning track (at least not as bouncy as Bogura wickets), so Rana's inclusion in Place of Naz is totally justified besides the fact that Naz deserves the kick anyway.

Nasif
February 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
Rana should come in.

rudro
February 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
Look at the pitch...if it is spin-friendly, bring in rana for nazmul if not, do we have another pacer to substitute for nazmul? (Shahadat is way too expensive, too). If not, let Aftab bowl 8-10 overs and let Rana Play for Nazmul anyway.

irteja
February 22, 2006, 11:52 AM
Lets Compare this

Batting
Class ma in no runs hs ave bf sr
Nazmul ODIs 17 11 7 30 6* 7.50 92 32.60
Manjural ODIs 23 20 5 308 63 20.53 636 48.42

Bowling
Class mat balls runs wkts ave econ
Nazmul ODIs 17 765 731 18 40.61 5.73
Manjural ODIs 23 960 655 23 28.47 4.09

After this we can say Rana did much better then Nazmul.....Rana should be in 3rd ODI

Mav
February 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
Naz out Baisya in.

Fazal
February 22, 2006, 03:24 PM
I don't care who sits (Rajin or Nazmul), I would like to see Rana in 3rd ODI. Unfortunately, after the win team will be the same and deny Rana any opoortunity to show again, what he can do for the team.

fishyguy
February 22, 2006, 03:43 PM
I still can't beleive that the 3rd best seamer in this cricket crazy country of a 150 million is Nazmul.

I just can't beleive it. It makes no sense. I have said it before we had better bowlers in our school cricket.

Is he really a future prospect for us as a strike bowler.

I am very impressed with Mashrafe. He is an amazing talent and definetly our number 1 bowler.

Am I missing something about Nazmul. How the hell does he get to play in the national side. Does he have some connections with the selctors or something.

This is incomprehensible. I don't blame Nazmul for lacking the talent to play at the highest level I balme the selectors. What were they thinking!! "Hey you know what lets take Nazmul he's barely medium pace and has no variety. I guess he must be the 3rd best fast bowler in the country"

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 8:44 PM GMT, by fishyguy.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 8:45 PM GMT, by fishyguy.

shamster
February 22, 2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Firstly, Shahadat is not in the squad.

I think the player who should get kicked out is Nazmul. Never been a fan, not likely to ever be. I think he is a totally ordinary bowler. Short, no pace, no swing, no weapons whatsoever! Aftab is better than him as a third seamer.

Now, the obvious choice to replace Nazmul is with Rana. But the thing is, we really could have done with a proper 3rd seamer today, someone like a Taposh. The conditions were overcast and heavy and the pitch had moisture, and had we had another good seamer to take over from Mashrafe, SL wouldnt have gotten near 200! Nazmul almost undid all the good work that Mashrafe and Rasel did!

If the early morning conditions in Chittagong are similar and we get to bowl first, I'd still prefer to go in with three front-line seamers although I wish the team had a different third seamer instead of Nazmul. A certain tareq Aziz bowled really well on debut against Pakistan in Ctg ... but which CTG is this divisional or Ma Aziz ?

So, its not such an easy decision in my mind. I guess I'd bring back Rana anyway, just because Nazmul is bloody useless and Rana will definitely contribute more. That would mean that Aftab would have to take over the 3rd seamers role, although that may be asking a bit too much of him! He bowled at the right time today, after the powerplays were done with and he dried up the runs by slowing down the pace on the ball. However, in the 11th or 12th over with there still being some juice on the wicket, we ought to have a proper quickie to take advantage of the conditions.

SS
February 22, 2006, 05:02 PM
Trust me either Naz or other seamers come it will be the same. we were lucky only Sanath got bizzare and hit us. What if Sangarkara, Jayawardane, Mubarak, Kapaguanga or something start playing aggresive.

What I can see they are really furious now.

Masrafee might give 45-55 runs
Russell might give 45-55 runs
Naz//Rana might give 50-65 runs
Rafique 40 runs
Aftab+Kapali 50-55 runs

Total: around 260-290

as we can see a third seamer/third spinner Naz or Rana is the main concern what we are really concerned about. I believe an economic bowler should be brought in who will ball line to line. and reduce those runs even a third bowler can give 40 runs then it will be good for us if we can have 240-265 run to chase if we bowl first.

I don't know if they have anyone that can do it?? If any bowler is there then sure we can change that place.

Batting first:

If we bat first, we will loose early wickets for sure. if and only if Bashar, Ash can remain calm and play through 35 overs it will be superb. Cuz we can do firepower after 40 overs. The problem is we don't have more options to the batsman because all are same. In bad days all will bat and score 20 runs max. No batter which batsmen you bring in BD squad. One good thing about bowling change is atleast a good check bowlers can check 20 runs the everything changes. and if the bowler can break partnership that awesome. but for batsman who don't have tendu,dravid, inzi, sanath in our team. so i guess no change in batting.

I believe effective third bowler should be the change.

Bat-PadTogether
February 22, 2006, 05:15 PM
Keeping winning team will be the best option!:up::up::up:

al Furqaan
February 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
nazmul should be rested, unless conditions are pacer friendly.

tapash should have been in his place, but i guess he is injured still.

if a turning wicket then bring rana in place of nazmul.

rajin should stay, cuz i am a rajin fan :duh:

nazmul has been having terrible overs lately. against australia, england, sri lanka away, and now sri lanka at home.

esteban_loaiza
February 22, 2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by fishyguy
I still can't beleive that the 3rd best seamer in this cricket crazy country of a 150 million is Nazmul.

I just can't beleive it. It makes no sense. I have said it before we had better bowlers in our school cricket.

Is he really a future prospect for us as a strike bowler.

I am very impressed with Mashrafe. He is an amazing talent and definetly our number 1 bowler.

Am I missing something about Nazmul. How the hell does he get to play in the national side. Does he have some connections with the selctors or something.

This is incomprehensible. I don't blame Nazmul for lacking the talent to play at the highest level I balme the selectors. What were they thinking!! "Hey you know what lets take Nazmul he's barely medium pace and has no variety. I guess he must be the 3rd best fast bowler in the country"

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 8:44 PM GMT, by fishyguy.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 8:45 PM GMT, by fishyguy.

A few years ago Monjurul Islam was the best pace bowler of Bangladesh. Where have you been?
Nazmul stays if the condtion is pace friendly because he bowled a couple of overs pretty well after whacked around by Jayasuriya. There are examples in the past where he bowled very well and he can settle down.........................

Didn't you see the first match? If you, by this time, you should have known about moron selectors

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 10:36 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 10:38 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

rafiq
February 22, 2006, 07:10 PM
bring back Chacha...he's still in the squad!

jabbar
February 22, 2006, 07:56 PM
I say, depending on the pitch, we choose Rana if it is spinning (although we already have two competent spinners...) and Nazmul if it is seaming. You can't judge a bowler on one match alone. He will be more charged to bowl well if selected, and is match-fit. It is match fitness that complicates matters. Most players have been out of intl cricket for so long, so the players in the team right now have the match fitness and must be retained for the 3rd ODI. There is little option. In fact, I would be very cautious in replacing Nazmul if the pitch is turning - Rana may well give away 6+ rpo if selected.

esteban_loaiza
February 22, 2006, 08:11 PM
Thr hardle for Bangladesh will be not to lose focus. It matters little who plays: Rana or Nazmul........................

Shakalaka
February 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Originally posted by mahrookh
:up:
and Farooq (cheif selector) threatening Ash to play sensibly or he will be out.

Oh really!!!! that is a news to me.

AT LAST!

Shakalaka
February 22, 2006, 08:58 PM
whatever that is, Nazmul should leave the team at once.

Bring whover. Rana, tapash...whomever.

cricketboy
February 22, 2006, 10:46 PM
Rana or Razzak instead of Nazmul. Rajin as supersub again. :rolleyes:

CricTiger
February 22, 2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I would like to see Rana in Nazmul's place.

Rajin should get another chance as super-sub

I agree 100%.Nazmul's pace is his only problem

sunniath
February 22, 2006, 10:58 PM
rana for nazmul is not the right combination.aftab cant be the first change.so there has to be a third pacer in the side.