PDA

View Full Version : Did you watch DW today?

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 09:32 AM
He was sitting in the same chair in front of the dressing room for the whole BD innings,stood only when the score was a tie.
I think the pressure was also mounting on him.

SillyChild
February 22, 2006, 09:52 AM
That is pretty obvious.

He really has improved the team over last 2 years. Bangladesh cricket ows a lot to this man.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 09:57 AM
He was damn happy today . One of the happiest man . Now you guys will believe he is the man for the job :)

Fortuner
February 22, 2006, 11:13 AM
I blvd he was da man but not 100% but now i feel he is really the man 4 da job...thnks DW

6alltheway
February 22, 2006, 11:18 AM
1 win after 8 months doesnt make him man for the job straight away.

i admit he has done a great job and has improved bangladesh alot. and thank him and all the players for the win. but 1 or 2 wins in every 12 months isnt good enough.

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 11:21 AM
I also think it was kind of revenge for him,after SL dumped him

Hatebreed
February 22, 2006, 11:27 AM
Go DAV Go! :lol:

Hatebreed
February 22, 2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 6alltheway

i admit he has done a great job and has improved bangladesh alot. and thank him and all the players for the win. but 1 or 2 wins in every 12 months isnt good enough.

we didn't play any international cricket for the last 6 or 7 months so just 1 win in last 8 months is irrelevant.. we have a fairly busy schedule towards the WC07.. we'll see how consistently we win :flag:

Mahmood
February 22, 2006, 11:34 AM
but 1 or 2 wins in every 12 months isnt good enough

We need to keep our expectation under control. We are not Australia or India, just yet.

SS
February 22, 2006, 11:54 AM
Edited on, February 22, 2006, 5:10 PM GMT, by SS.

Beamer
February 22, 2006, 02:17 PM
8 of our 11 ODI victories had come during his tenure. So, he has to get a lot of credit for that. 4 vz Zim, 1 each vz Ind, Aus, Sl and Hong Kong. Lone test success also during his period.

Our target from now on should be to at least win one game in each ODI series ( more is obvious bonus ) and competetive test matches. Success will breed success.

howzatt!
February 22, 2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Originally posted by 6alltheway

we didn't play any international cricket for the last 6 or 7 months so just 1 win in last 8 months is irrelevant.. we have a fairly busy schedule towards the WC07.. we'll see how consistently we win :flag:

that plus, we would've won a few more games if ashraful, aftab, bashar could've kept their cool the way they did in our victories against australia and sri-lanka. before we used to fight for respectable losses, now we actually fight to win.

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
In my opinion, and i may be glad to be proven otherwise, Dave Whatmore is past his utility and has been the biggest underachiever among all the contemperory coaches.

I had expected far more from him than what he achieved during his tenure.

arafath79
February 22, 2006, 02:38 PM
Bangladesh team players should not be too happy now. They should think and do well in the next ODI too !!!:fire:

sufism
February 22, 2006, 02:47 PM
amader desher shobgula boro news paper Dave-er criticise korsilo, alok-ke pore namanor jonno r shudu legspin-er jonno team-e newar jonno. kintu tar ei strategy ta ekdom katay katay shofol hoise. amar shob somoy-e Dave-er upor bhorosa chilo. khubi birokto lage jokon amader jatio potrika gula or cricket knowladge nia prosno tule. asole somossa onnokhane. Dave soprts reporter der atlamo pochondo kore na, tenader ke ekdomi patta dey na Dave. ejonno amader desher jekono boro potrikar reportar ra sujog peley or somalochona kore. ami eisob reporterder ekdomi bishhash kori na. mejaj kharap he jay. kalkeo porlam khub boro dujon sports reporter Dave-er strategy nia tamasha korche. joghonno. eder kuno bissas nai. shudu nijeder ate gha lagar jonnoi antaji Dave ke dosha doshi kore.

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
news paper reporters carping on the national team coach is not necessarily a Bangladeshi trait. It is suffered by coaches in every country. As Goran Svenson or Buchanan :)

shamster
February 22, 2006, 04:49 PM
All that requires is people to give us some respect and for us to have some self belief. Inshallah soon come.

rudro
February 22, 2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
He was sitting in the same chair in front of the dressing room for the whole BD innings,stood only when the score was a tie.
I think the pressure was also mounting on him.
May be he visited the BC website and read my <font class=bangla>চরমপত্র (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=16085) আমি ভাবছিলাম সে বাংলা পড়তে পারেনা!
[/font]

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 10:08 PM GMT, by rudro.

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
A question,how long do you think Dav will be with us?
I mean as long as another Test playing country needs a coach,there are rumers of Dav getting their job.

cricket_pagol
February 23, 2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
In my opinion, and i may be glad to be proven otherwise, Dave Whatmore is past his utility and has been the biggest underachiever among all the contemperory coaches.

DJ, just wait till the 2007 WC!!!

Remember how he has transformed srilanka into world cup winners in 1996. Now, that BD has started to win occasionally, just watch out for Bangladesh in the next year or two.

mshakir56
February 23, 2006, 03:21 AM
I want to make one thing clear.
From now on, if we are to win a lot of matches, then we have to participate in a lot of matches. Thats the only way.

Carte Blanche
February 23, 2006, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by SS

Aww I really wanted to see what was there originally. Pessimism is entertaining :)

Mr-khan
February 23, 2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Originally posted by SS

Aww I really wanted to see what was there originally. Pessimism is entertaining :)
Catch miss;)

CTazim
February 23, 2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

One forgets the road on which we travelled thus far. While we appreciate what Dav Whatmore has done, I still believe his heart is not in the right place.

Secondly, I am saying it the umpteenth time, we have had above average results under McInnes and Winters. So, it is time for us to look into the future.

We must not get over emotional at this juncture and objectively evaluate each and every drop of contributions.

I think we need to look beyond 2007 and try to see if we can transition Winters as our National Team Coach down the road.

sadi
February 23, 2006, 10:00 AM
He will be here till the end of worldcup.... eventhough everyone disagreed with him, I think he used Kapali quite intelligently... he didnt wanna put too much pressure on his batting... so he used him as a bowler... obviously once he gets his confidence back, his batting will come along.... putting him in number 9 in the first match can be seen as a msg to kapali to take it easy... so far its working... lets see what happens in the future...

oracle
February 23, 2006, 10:17 AM
Secondly, I am saying it the umpteenth time, we have had above average results under McInnes and Winters. So, it is time for us to look into the future.

Yes I agree. But, even if we have had good success with our U-19 coaches, let's spend a few minutes to examine the differences.

There is a subtle but very important distinction between coaching National and U-19 teams. Comparing results at U-19 level and National level is like ccomparing apples to oranges. But it is temting , nevertheless, to compare U-19 performance and National team performance. I think we should not do this.

This is acknowledged by every team and each of them choose these coaches carefully(or should do so)

The U-19 team needs special consideration, training, education and nurturing that is markedly different from the NAtional team. In BAngladesh, BCB has been consciously trying to create an infrastructure with 5 year or yearly development programmes that has responsibilities for coaches such as Dewinter which are different from what Dav has to do.

Dav is a seasoned coach but above all a motivational figurehead. Mcinnes or De winter( even if they are now capable) are too young ( in their career) to take up that role. That is why many of the top coaches take years to build up their reputation and belong to a limited pool of coaches that can take up teh challenges of coaching National sides.

Ejaj
February 23, 2006, 10:37 AM
Agreed.. two can not be compared at all.. There are should be weight factor while comparing this two level. DW is doing the most difficult job in the world.... he is trying to let us taste the feeling of victory and this isnt that easy at all.. Praise for him.