PDA

View Full Version : From Despair To Delight

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 10:54 AM
It is never easy being BD Cricket fan. It can make you a heart-patient.

This team plays 10 matches without even as much as giving a hint that it can play cricket. And just when the fans are starting to despair, comes back with a bang and upsets the applecart. It doesn't matter whose applecart is it, on that day.

I stayed up until 3:00 am watching the match on bangladeshlive and enjoying it with BD fans on this forum. It often surprises me to even recall when was the last time i stayed up so late to watch an India game. And no - i am not about to change my passport anytime soon. It is just that i wanted this team to win - desperately win - win damn it. And till i decided to go to bed, they had done enough to raise hopes. And also to dent some!

BD fans are the most passionate supporters of their team. If there is one thing i have started to hate and fear most (besides the lizard on my hostel wall a few years back), it is coming on this forum and seeing that sad and resigned look on the faces of BD fans everytime BD loses a match. It is not difficult to see that experssion at other times too - say at the fall of Ashraful's wicket for example.

When i woke up this morning, i just hoped i won't see a headline like "Bangladesh lose again". They just didn't deserve that. Atleast not by the way that they had played until i had decided to go to bed. And boy they amazed me - the only thing i could think of in that moment is the famous "BD pants on fire" icon - more like thousands of fans with their "pants on fire" all across Bangladesh. And no better day to be around here on this forum than the day that BD wins.

This was a hard-earned win - no flash in the pan and not attributed to any particular individual. While bowling, Rasel started it, Kapali gave it the boost, Aftab sustained it, and Rafique & Mashrafe gave the decisive push. While batting, the openers played the most interesting style that i'll see - "You beat me, i hit you for four and then you beat me again". It is as if it was a staged drama. And it seemed well staged until two quick wickets soon after raised the memories of many of the earlier losses. I didn't follow after that but i read the analysis and it seems that while Ashraful's knock was the key component, the decisive partnership between Aftab and kapali sealed the match. Bangladesh have just lost Ashraful and are 5-wickets down and need more than 50 to win at almost run a ball - any other day it may sound like there was only one outcome. Thankfully, no one told Aftab and Alok about it.

A historic win it is and a fully deserved one too. And at just the right time.

Pagla Baba's blessings arrived late, but not too late.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 7:01 PM GMT, by DJ Sahastra.

BanCricFan
February 22, 2006, 11:11 AM
Good write up! Next time just stay up!

Hatebreed
February 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
That's quite an interesting, emotive post from you DJ.. Nice! :up:

keep supporting Bangladesh, even though you'll disappointed frequently, I'm sure there will be many victories like this to come.. sometimes rare but huge glory is more precious because you can cherish them for ages.. hopefully someday BD will become a regular strong team, at least at the level of SL, WI and not considered a minnow anymore!

:fanflag:

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 4:16 PM GMT, by Hatebreed.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
We are having a big series against the Australia in few months . So , we do need to play very very well before that series starts . Otherwise if we do fail in that without giving a fight with them . Ricky Ponting will still be saying hell lotta stuffs again and whatever he has been saying so far about the minnows . Atleast for once we gotta shut his mouth . Anyway he still watches "Ashraful" in his darest dream :) We just have to remind it again .

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 6:59 AM GMT, by mahrookh.

6alltheway
February 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
Nice write up. Hope BD can continue this to 3rd and final ODI and win.:joy:

pagol-chagol
February 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks DJ.

I nominate this for front page. This is one of a kind article.

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2006, 12:45 PM
Nicely written. Front page material for sure.

advice: If you work on Sunday then take a power nap on saturday daytime. we have one more to go. :)

Spitfire_x86
February 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
Good writing :up: :clap:

israr
February 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
:joy::joy:

BanglaCool
February 22, 2006, 03:22 PM
Excellent Fan writing!!!

sufism
February 22, 2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks alot. should be put in the front page. thanks again. just say JAY BANGLA once. lol. just kidding. :fanflag: JAY BANGLA

Fazal
February 22, 2006, 03:35 PM
From Despair To Delight...

then back to....

This time I hope not.

sadi
February 22, 2006, 03:46 PM
like korchiiiiii

imtiaz82
February 22, 2006, 03:54 PM
:bravo:

It always makes me happy to see international fans of the Bangladesh cricket team. This truly reflects that our team is progressing..

Bat-PadTogether
February 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
:great::fanflag:

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by sufism
Thanks alot. should be put in the front page. thanks again. just say JAY BANGLA once. lol. just kidding. :fanflag: JAY BANGLA

Will i get to apply for the manager in place of Chacha, if i do that?

Okay, Joy Bangla.

abherath
February 23, 2006, 01:55 AM
Excellent article.

shaoun
February 23, 2006, 02:55 AM
just like a mother loves her child regardless of how bad they may be, we love bangladesh cricket team that way. through thick or thin we are behind our tigers.

PoorFan
February 23, 2006, 03:04 AM
Nice read DJ, now you know how it feels From Despair To Delight. Thank's for your nice post.:up:

yaseer
February 23, 2006, 03:15 AM
nice post :up:

fwullah
February 23, 2006, 06:37 AM
Yeah, nice article! :up:

Ejaj
February 23, 2006, 10:32 AM
WOW!.. excellent write up DJ!!!!. Thanks man.. u speak my heart!!...BD pants on Fire !!!:D :fire: ike this!!!

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 3:33 PM GMT, by Ejaj.

Ahmed_B
February 23, 2006, 10:44 AM
DJ the best! :bravo: