PDA

View Full Version : As a JO admirer, I am happy today..

Ahmed_B
February 22, 2006, 11:15 AM
JO really showed his value in the team today... and continued the good form he has been in for the last few series. For a team like Bangladesh, JO is surely an asset... even though some fans fail to see where he makes the difference. The way he has transformed his game in the last few matches he played... I never really agreed that he can't be a ODI player. Somehow his steady batting style sets the tempo of the batting that follows to a stable mood.

There are many heroes for todays match.. but I feel JO deserves a seperate thread just because he has been criticized by the media so much in the past.

My congrats to him!:up:

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
3 thread on the same topic?
surely you or the server had some mistake

Hatebreed
February 22, 2006, 11:25 AM
Yes he did play well but I think he was a bit lucky.. he missed way too many drive shots and done little to rotate the strike frequently... nonetheless, he managed to provide a foundation for team with a well made, fairly paced innings.. I hope he'll continue this form in the next matches :)

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 11:30 AM
One of The Hero was Russel as usual with Aftab and Ashraful . Bashar did well with his captaincy . Mashrafe bowled well . Shahriar nafess was looking good and he wasn't out either as well as Javed Omar .

Anyway we won the match , that's the best part .

Ehsan
February 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
I did tell you guys that Javed has improved his game a lot. It was only a matter of time for us to see the results. Well done javed. :clap:

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
Well done Javed Omar. Now expecting consistancy.

JO bashers/media: Did you see the first few overs on SL batting? There is a lot to learn from it. 11 overs 22 runs or something. Depending on the wicket one has to play the game. When the ball is swinging and there is moisture one must stop making strokes. No one from the SL camp complained when SL didn't take the singles or didn't go for the shot. That's how you see off the new ball. That's how one plays in a damp condition. Or else there will be a top order collapse for sure.

As long as he is seeing of the new ball off, people should not complain about his inability of rotating the strike. That's his foremost task. Then the stroke makers can play their so called natural game (slog). If the openers from the very get go starts to look for singles when there are so many fielders insidethe circle Disaster will follow. That's what happened in the 1st ODI.

Fazal
February 22, 2006, 11:54 AM
As a JO non-admirer, I am also happy for him. He set the innings pretty well for the rest. My congrats to him also!:up

Navarene
February 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
Count me in JO fan...even if of the cost of Spitfire's blanter :)

Spitfire_x86
February 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
Congrats to Javed for his fine performance :up:

But it's not the time to say that Javed has changed as ODI batsman.

Spitfire_x86
February 22, 2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Navarene
Count me in JO fan...even if of the cost of Spitfire's blanter :)
Don't worry, I'm not going to debate today. ;)

Especially not after rudro's request in the other thread

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry, but i disagree.

I enjoyed his "I hit, I miss, I hit, I miss" approach but his technical shortfalls are obvious.

reverse_swing
February 22, 2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

I enjoyed his "I hit, I miss, I hit, I miss" approach but his technical shortfalls are obvious.

fully agreed with you.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 5:08 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.