PDA

View Full Version : At least Javed Omar knows some people like him and others don't + quotes from our cricketers

cricman
February 22, 2006, 04:11 PM
The article has quotes from Ash,Mash,Rasel and others

Javed Omar said he couldn't understand why some people dislike him.

"If my innings serves the team purpose then what's wrong with that. I am happy that my small innings helped Bangladesh to overcome the bad record against Sri Lanka," said the opener, who scored a fine 40.

Daily star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/02/23/d60223040125.htm)

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 04:16 PM
We don't dislike JO. We don't like the fact the he is incapable of rotating strike and soaking up the pressure. Nobody has complained about his atitude of loyalty?

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 04:21 PM
In my opinion, BD team needs two compact openers. On his current technique, JO won't make it to even to the Indian Ranji team.

He played a good knock and that is besides point.

Bat-PadTogether
February 22, 2006, 04:28 PM
Dont forget Javed is the most experience player in the side and has a solid defense.The only problem he has while he is batting that he feels discomfort facing short pitch deliveries on the rib cage.

Fazal
February 22, 2006, 04:43 PM
:lol:

So who is the real Gullu here? Please stand up.

We also almost nailed down Rana and Alok already.

beamer or sham is the real Alok and
Rubu or reyme is the real Rana.
Now we need to only sort out who is ashol and who is nokol.

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
"beamer or sham is the real Alok"

Thanks for confirming my suspicion :)

IanW
February 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
In my opinion, BD team needs two compact openers. On his current technique, JO won't make it to even to the Indian Ranji team.

He played a good knock and that is besides point.

DJ Sahastra,

But he isnt trying to get into the Indian side. He plays for Bangladesh.

In Bash, Ash and Aftab, Bangladesh have a frighteningly talented middle order of strokeplayers. What they dont have is a reliable sheet anchor, who will stay there and hold an end up.

Sure, JO has his technical limitations - but he's an opener for crying out loud. A traditional, stay-at-the-crease, dont-get-out opener.

And until someone better comes along, then he's got the job.

Ian Whitchurch

Fortuner
February 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
People doesnt like Javed in ODI only but i feel now as he has changed his approach towards ODI batting. 2day he was really like an ODI player. Eight 4's. Not bad at all in the 40run innings. He counted on singles too.

If he can keep up playing like how he did today...ppl wont have problem wid him....

as simple as dat....

Tehsin
February 22, 2006, 09:02 PM
I like Golla cause he gives me hope that BD could play the full 50 overs. That would be a welcome change from the 30-40 over 90-150 run innings, wouldn't it ?

We have some explosive batsmen and JO does a great balancing act, perfect for a team like ours.

imran78
February 22, 2006, 09:45 PM
i have been a JO fan since the england series. everyone talks about ash's 100 and 94 in the natwest or aftab's 74, but the only guy who consistently produced run for us was JO.

cricketboy
February 22, 2006, 10:39 PM
We need Javed Omar in both of our team-ODI and Test at this moment. ;)

CricTiger
February 22, 2006, 10:39 PM
Where is our famous /fortune teller RUBU !!!He opened a thread about JO and RANA VERY RECENTLY.And I know whatever he says it has to happen.He proved it before and proves it again.:great::clap:

akabir77
February 22, 2006, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling after chacha golla is the next target to the new generation of fans...:yawn:

Nannu, akram, bulbul, chacha whos next all of those r the reason why bd lost 100+ matches... how easly people forget that without a stead opener bd can't even bat 50 over. so i don't see where is he waisting balls!!!! if our stroke maker s r so good they should do that from the other end.... oh i forgot that he can't rotate the strike (yeah u r right if u r talking about 1980) when was the last time u watched him play... he is much better opener for odi and test he plays within his limitation...

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 3:52 AM GMT, by akabir77.

Sauron
February 22, 2006, 11:52 PM
Here is my honest take -

Chacha --> waaay over-rated
JO --> waaay under-rated

I mostly do not agree with some of our ক্রিকেট বোদ্ধা members that claim that JO is useless. But they do have some valid points.

He indeed does not rotate the strike well.

I mentioned this in another thread - I think JO is still an essential part of both ODI and test sides. But you'll see him making a brilliant stroke. But the very next ball he tries to hit a delivery that is out side the off stump, but he wants to hit it to his on-side. And the one after that he will slash wildly at a wide out-swinger. And the delivery after that, he will try to play cross bat on his legs.

When JO plays slow and defensive, I think that is when he is most useful to BD team. If he can hang around until 25th over, even if he scores only 25, he has done his job. The only caveat (and it's a big one) - he needs to rotate the strike better so that the other batsman always gets a chance to get in the groove and start hitting.

Again, gotta say this - JO is a must for the team. At least the current team.

People expect JO to hit out the first few overs and score fast. But People! Let us first get into a habit of not getting all-out and score 200+. Only then we can debate if JO is eating too many deliveries. If we are all out before 40th over, who cares if JO took too many deliveries!

But he does need to rotate the strike at least once per over.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 4:56 AM GMT, by Sauron.

BappyHayat
February 23, 2006, 12:04 AM
Gullu Scored a good 40 but still he is got the lack of rotating strikes...yesterday he faced 66 balls, stuck 8 boundaries and only 8 runs from 1's/2's! He waste almost 50 balls by not scoring!

So imagine if he can utilize atleast another 15 balls with 15 runs...

He really have to work hard with singles/doubles

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 12:07 AM
He's the best test player we have . The match like yesterday was perfect for him . He's very effective for a low scoring match .

Sauron
February 23, 2006, 12:14 AM
Javed Omar said he couldn't understand why some people dislike him.

"If my innings serves the team purpose then what's wrong with that. I am happy that my small innings helped Bangladesh to overcome the bad record against Sri Lanka," said the opener, who scored a fine 40.

কান্দিস না রে জাভেইদ্দ্যা ...

এইটাতো দেখি পুরা কান্নাকাটি ... ভালো খেল্‌লেই তো ঝামেলা চুকে যায়। শুধু শুধু অভিমানি সব কথাবার্তা। :)

SillyChild
February 23, 2006, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty happy the way JO is playing and performing his roles these days. Unless we get a better replacement, we can use him. He is a bit too under-rated.

howzatt!
February 23, 2006, 01:08 AM
The difference of having javed in the team regardless of his technical limitations is clear. When javed plays we play full 50 overs, or atleast 45 overs. when javed doesn't play or gets out early, we don't go past the 35th over. we all know javed is not an ideal ODI player, but until we can replace him with someone better, he should be in the team. we all hoped so badly that nafees iqbal and shahriar nafees would be our regular openers. but nafis iqbal's below par performance has strengthened javed omar's place in the team.

rafiq
February 23, 2006, 01:45 AM
Harping on JO is nothing new, people have been doing it for years. Two things to remember: he has changed his ODI style in the last year, and when he does well he has been involved with every major Bangladesh win over the last year and half. In a mix of experience and youth, JO has his place. I wish they would quit trying to find reasons to drop him.

esteban_loaiza
February 23, 2006, 02:19 AM
Some guy was shouting as JO was picked for the second match.... he said now we could make him the cpatain or something..... if JO keeps playing like this for the next 2/3 years then I'd like to see him as the prime minister! He can talk much more than other players and he can bowl basically off-spin which is rather googlies I know. He will do good in politics.

Shafin
February 23, 2006, 02:31 AM
তবে আমার মনে হয় জাভেদকে বাদ দিয়ে একটা লাভ হয়েছে,তার খেলার স্টাইল অনেক পাল্টেছে,এখন চার-এ হলেও কিছু রান করে,আগে তাও করতো না,তবে একথা ঠিক যে গোল্লা এখন দলের অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ।

salin
February 23, 2006, 02:35 AM
It was Javed and ashraful confirmed that we are winning.

I don't realy understand why most of us always behind Javed and ashraful. is this because we love them very much or they are not from chisylhet....

Shakalaka
February 23, 2006, 02:38 AM
JO is the most consistent player in Bangladesh side. We all just talk about asraful and bashar. But he is the one who ancho the one side of the stamp. Its just not necessary to strike the ball, we need to keep the wickets alive.

Look at the Srilankan innings yesterday, they score a dismal 14 runs of 9 over to being with. but they managed to keep their cket hand. and later they did score more than 200+. not that i am encouraging that much defensive scheme, however, making one side of the stamp steady make another player more responsible about the their wickets.

Differnece is infront of us. Ist ODI, we lost 5 wickets by the time we had 40 and with unnecessary shots. IN 2nd ODI, every one played responsibly, and first wicket didnt fell before somewhere near 40.

We need JO as long as he can perform consistent basis. Beside that all we have in our team is streak hitter.

PoorFan
February 23, 2006, 02:42 AM
Javed and Rajin are the players for BD ODI team, ONLY could be excluded when BD could play through 50 overs consistently and score 220+ ( no matter home or away ). Other than that there will be no MATCH to be played against ANY team, let alone TOP ten nations. No MATCH means no possibility of win at all, so first thing is FIRST. We should fix our team with players who can play through 50 overs consistently and score 220+, otherwise it's pathetic to see getting all out bellow 200 and before 40 overs most of the time.

UNTIL then, there is no point on argue on this issue.

fy288
February 23, 2006, 07:29 AM
Javed scored 40 runs in 66 balls the old javed would have soaked up 90 balls for a similar score. I agree with an earlier comment that until BD consistently score above 220 then players like Javed should be omitted, but at the current moment a player like him is valuable to BD. I am really pleased he played well and even more so that the team won finally against Sri Lanka.

Inshallah on saturday we win!!!!