PDA

View Full Version : From a Sri Lankan's View: I can’t go to school today guys

babubangla
February 22, 2006, 05:13 PM
I was curious to know about the reaction of Sri Lankan cricket fans on their loss to Bangladesh in the 2nd ODI and so visited a Sri Lankan fan site. In general, frustration was the common tone in all the after-match messages posted by Sri Lankan fans. I came across the following message and found it very funny. I thought you guys might enjoy it too:

Originally posted by dkny in slcricket forum

This loss is un-excusable...after all it was Bangladesh man. When was the last time Bangali has been a threat for us. I know they beat Australia...but I just cant take this...I cant go to school today guys..the Bangali's gonna gang up on me for sure.

rudro
February 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
lol:joy::joy:

cricketboy
February 22, 2006, 05:43 PM
:D:D :fire::fire:

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 10:43 PM GMT, by cricketboy.

esteban_loaiza
February 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
o yeah!

Fazal
February 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
:lol:

Sauron
February 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
এরপরে তৃতীয় ম্যাচে যদি শ্রীলঙ্কা হেরে যায় তাহলে এই বেচারা'র কি হবে?

Spitfire_x86
February 22, 2006, 06:21 PM
I went to slcricket.com forums after babubangla's post, and read their post match threads. Now their forum's atmosphere is very similar to our forum's usual post-match atmosphere :lol:

Hasib
February 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
lol poor kid :D

btw Whats the link to the forum?

mshakir56
February 22, 2006, 06:42 PM
This is funny for sure man! Do you have any idea as to where this guy is living?

Alomelo
February 22, 2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Sauron

He will change his school i guess!!!
:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

chinaman
February 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
We all should take it sportingly. And there is no joy in other's pain. There will be wins just as there will be losses.

I'm just happy that wins started to come our ways more often.

sanaromance
February 22, 2006, 07:45 PM
This is one of the brightful days of bangla cricket. It arise like a once in a blue moon, this is a wake up call for lankans will see the out come of 3rd odi

Mahmood
February 22, 2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Alomelo

Or friends...

babubangla
February 22, 2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Hasib
lol poor kid :D
btw Whats the link to the forum?

Link to the SL Cricket forum (http://www.slcricket.com/)

Mahir
February 22, 2006, 10:13 PM
I know what that poor guy means! I squared off against my own Lankan schoolmates today! :D

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 10:16 PM

Can we make it happen . It's not gonna happen but we have to make it happen otherwise it may be the same match like they played against India in the 3rd match .

cricketboy
February 22, 2006, 10:35 PM
I was telling everybody in university about Bangladesh's win. I was so proud to be a Bangladeshi. :fire::flag:

CricTiger
February 22, 2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by cricketboy
I was telling everybody in university about Bangladesh's win. I was so proud to be a Bangladeshi. :fire::flag:

Can you compare any other feelings with this ????:flag::flag:

Ahmed_B
February 23, 2006, 06:34 AM
Welll.. atleast they can be happy about one thing.. that they are not the first Jiant to be killed by the Tigers. A team that can kill the Aussies... can kill any other team!

They really should not be that much upset! Because this is not the last one.. there are more to come! ;)

BTW... here's a quote from a thread in SL the fansite after the defeat:

You are welcome...the winds will blow away the clouds eventually, to reveal blue skies...

Look at it this way... It's a wakeup call....and whereas it might not be a great prospect to loose to BANGLADESH, hey that is part of Cricket...and the questions that SL should be asking is WHY and WHAT WENT WRONG? Simply put, learn from the mistakes made during the match and move on...

BTW, we have been warned of what to expect from BAN in the past...they have beaten big names and AUSTRALIA is as big as they come.

Note this too...within a few years....the BAN team will be a very strong team...The U19 team performed very well both in the Asia Cu as well as the World Cup...They are a unit that cannot be neglected...In short some guys in BANGLADESH are pulling the right strings, pressing the correct buttons...

Thanks for the sportsmanship of these SL fans... I doubt how if we would see any comment like this in our other neighbouring country's fansites.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 11:52 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

Carte Blanche
February 23, 2006, 06:54 AM
They feel the same way we felt after losing to Canada, perhaps even worse. More or less Srilankan fans are nicer than many other fans I have seen. I'm yet to see a Lankan fan troll our board during the series unlike some others. Likewise, I hope that our fans behaved and didn't gloat about the win at other forums. I'm a member at many NHL team forums, and this post-game trolling is something I am very used to - very often at the receiving end. Cricket fans are much better-behaved imo. We moderate our forums better :)

6alltheway
February 23, 2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
They feel the same way we felt after losing to Canada, perhaps even worse. More or less Srilankan fans are nicer than many other fans I have seen. I'm yet to see a Lankan fan troll our board during the series unlike some others. Likewise, I hope that our fans behaved and didn't gloat about the win at other forums. I'm a member at many NHL team forums, and this post-game trolling is something I am very used to - very often at the receiving end. Cricket fans are much better-behaved imo. We moderate our forums better :)

yeah i agree,

fy288
February 23, 2006, 08:33 AM
the guy should take the rest of february off, thats because BD will win the final ODI !!!!!!!

If things are worse for him now, things can only get even worser!!!!!!!

Heres to a BD victory!!!!!!!!

:fanflag:

SillyChild
February 23, 2006, 09:17 AM
SL fans are by far the best behaved. I guess because they went through similar experience that we are going through, they understand us better than anyone else. Also they know how bad it feels to be taunted unfairly (reminds me how the Aussies unfairly taunted Murali by calling him a chucker).

More over when you have cultural similarity of rice, fish and lungi - you got to think alike :)

On a side note, last saturday at a friend's wedding reception one of my SL mate was giving his 'big talks'. Guess what, his mobile is switch off since yesterday. LOL I can't wait to grill his life out.. hehe

sadi
February 23, 2006, 09:29 AM
well I cant wait till saturday..... one win is okay... but two win in a row.... that will really hurt them... and we have a very good chance of beating them this time... our bowling, batting and fielding has improved and if we can play the way we can play, it will be another long day for the srilankans....

SillyChild
February 23, 2006, 09:56 AM
2 win in a row will probably top the Australian win (still can't forget that night).

I really don't expect Tigers to win the 3rd one. Yes, we are all fired up, but imagine SL camp, they are probably getting grilled even by their PM. It's like we got nothing to lose and they got everything at stake, so they will be more desperate.

Having said that, I would love to see 2nd ODI repeat and if our boys can keep their cool, they can pull it off again!

sheshprohor
February 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood
Originally posted by Alomelo

Or friends...

Or Nationality......

Ishtylish cricketer
February 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
We all should take it sportingly. And there is no joy in other's pain. There will be wins just as there will be losses.

I'm just happy that wins started to come our ways more often.

Yes there is it is called sadistic pleasure.

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 01:44 PM

Seems like you are Srilankan supporter :) What do you mean by jodi herey jai ? Oderto hartei hobey . The whole stadium would be backed by Bangladeshi supporters :) as well as the whole country behind them . How can Srilanka can win after all that ?

sunny747
February 23, 2006, 02:12 PM
ya..slcricket fan side suddently charged up for us bangladeshi visiting that site.....usually it is quite down, nowhere cricket crazy like us.....their highest thread possibly passed only 3 pages......and in here 3 pages is considered as normal.............but they are certainly well-behaved....one of my bd friend got married to a famouse sl gal and living happy ever after........:heart:

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 7:13 PM GMT, by sunny747.

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Seems like you are Srilankan supporter :) What do you mean by jodi herey jai ? Oderto hartei hobey . The whole stadium would be backed by Bangladeshi supporters :) as well as the whole country behind them . How can Srilanka can win after all that ?
The supporters, fans don't play the game my friend. It depends on the players, and execution of their strategies.

And if Sauron is SL supporter then 90% of BC members are also SL supporters.

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Originally posted by mahrookh
The supporters, fans don't play the game my friend. It depends on the players, and execution of their strategies.

And if Sauron is SL supporter then 90% of BC members are also SL supporters.

Support does work so many times . If they wanna do something good then if there's no support who they gonna do it for ? Isn't it already proven in Bogra yet ?

You guys haven't seen the interview of the people before the 2nd match starts . Each and every people said ;

"Bangladesh will win today "

Shahriar Nafees said after the match . "It doesn't surprise me anymore as we are satrted to win some matches "