PDA

View Full Version : Syed Rasel - a Tiger or a Pigeon ?

IanW
February 22, 2006, 06:19 PM
From the Daily Star

Young paceman Syed Rasel said that he was successful because he never tried to do anything special.

"It is really a fantastic experience for me. Actually I always try to bowl in the right area and maintain a discipline line. I think my success in domestic cricket helped me to get the confidence at the highest level," said the left-arm paceman, who gave Bangladesh the early breakthrough.

Ehsan
February 22, 2006, 06:23 PM
I do not see your point and beg to differ. All he is trying to say that he bowls in the right area, isn't that special in itself? Bowling in the right areas may not be so easy at times.

IanW
February 22, 2006, 06:36 PM
Ehsan,

You do know who Pigeon is, right ?

Australian player, getting on a bit, not quick, not touring South Africa ...

Ian Whitchurch

Sham
February 22, 2006, 06:40 PM
:D

Ehsan
February 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
Haha. My bad! I thought Pigeon as in Bird. I fell for it.

BTW I didn't know McGrath is called a "Pigeon". :embaressed:

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 11:46 PM GMT, by Ehsan.

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 06:43 PM
ha ha ... for the benefit of the uninitiated:

Jason "Dizzy" Gillespie

Glen "Pigeon" McGrath.

Steve "Tugga" Waugh

Mark "The forgotten" Waugh aka Jr.

Ricky "Punter" Ponting

Mathew "Matty" Hayden

Adam "gilly" Gilchrist

Shane "Warney"

Ian, feel free to fill in the rest. I don't know the nicks of the NKotB

Fazal
February 22, 2006, 06:45 PM
Then who is the tiger?

Alok "Tiger" Kapali?

mhferdaus
February 22, 2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Then who is the tiger?

Alok "Tiger" Kapali?

ah ... I think when Bangladesh win then they are tiger, when loose then cat he he :D

CTazim
February 22, 2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by IanW
From the Daily Star

Young paceman Syed Rasel said that he was successful because he never tried to do anything special.

"It is really a fantastic experience for me. Actually I always try to bowl in the right area and maintain a discipline line. I think my success in domestic cricket helped me to get the confidence at the highest level," said the left-arm paceman, who gave Bangladesh the early breakthrough.

Hey Ian!!

Good one Mate. Nice to see your post after a long time :)

jabbar
February 22, 2006, 07:18 PM
He he :D He is, quite literally, the 'mirror image' of our Pidgy (ie. left hander vs. right handed McGrath...)

Hasib
February 22, 2006, 08:36 PM
Whats his batting like?

i do hope he is beta at batting then McGrath lol

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 1:36 AM GMT, by Hasib.

prasad
February 22, 2006, 08:42 PM
andrew "Roy" symonds

michael "pup" clarke

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 08:51 PM
i get the clarke one. What's the story behind symonds?

BappyHayat
February 22, 2006, 08:54 PM
&...

Habibul "The Hooker" Bahsar (Dont take it to other meaning :lol: )
Md "Ash" Ashraful
Khaled "Fighter" Mahmud

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 1:56 AM GMT, by BappyHayat.

Tehsin
February 22, 2006, 09:16 PM
Khaled "Chacha" Mahmud Shujon
Habibul 'Habitual Basher' Bashar
Mashrafi 'Narail Express' Mortaza Masri

Mahir
February 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hasib
Whats his batting like?
i do hope he is beta at batting then McGrath lol

Rasel should be a better batsman than Pidgy. He is one of our better tailend batsman to play for the team.

CricTiger
February 22, 2006, 10:32 PM
Good thing is after a long time we found a bowler who can check runs as well as give us a breakthrough.Also he is improving very rapidly.So,he will be a better bowler day by day.
Only thing he has to work on is his speed .He has the variations,right line and length.

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 11:30 PM
I think he is more like Vaas than pegion.
But i'd love to watch him grow into a pegion!:lol:

Beamer
February 23, 2006, 12:11 AM
Rasel has good control over his line. He rarely strays and can swing the ball either way with the new ball. Big plus there. It keeps the batsmen extra vigilant. If he can add an yard or two in pace, in time, he may become one of the better swing bowlers around. His line is like the pigeon. What he lacks is the pace and the height to surprise with bounce. He is using his skills to his advantage and not trying too much outside of that. Very valuable for one dayers indeed.

Dhakablues
February 23, 2006, 12:52 AM
I think we need to get Sharif/Shahadat some A team matches.. Shariv did very well with Dhaka at the NCL. Though he gained some weight, I think he was the best swing bowler at time. He is still young and could be efficient if given the proper coaching..BTW: What happend to that Andy Roberts hiring process?

fab
February 23, 2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Tehsin
Khaled "Chacha" Mahmud Shujon
hmm.. was 'Chacha' first used as a nick for Khaled Mahmud Sujon on Banglacricket? Is he called that in the media? hehe

RazabQ
February 23, 2006, 03:18 AM
No no, in some recent interview he mentioned that Halim Shah (who is his nephew in real life) would always call him Chacha and somehow that caught on. I suspect Masree the prankster :)

Carte Blanche
February 23, 2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by mhferdaus
Originally posted by Fazal
Then who is the tiger?

Alok "Tiger" Kapali?

ah ... I think when Bangladesh win then they are tiger, when loose then cat he he :D

Mansoor Ali Khan Patoudi used to be called Tiger, if memory serves me right. My cousin was so fond of it that she named her son accordingly.

nannu
February 23, 2006, 04:09 AM
conclusion = sayed rasel is a tiger

nannu
February 23, 2006, 04:11 AM
by the way Ianw is a nonbengali?

Fortuner
February 23, 2006, 04:16 AM
Rasel is a genuine left arm bowler we got but still his speed not upto the mark (even Wasim Akram mentioned in his Inswinger article in the Daily star)

If he can speed a bit more. Watch out, He is gonna be some like Vaas, Pathan....we can say.....

Rubu
February 23, 2006, 09:38 AM
nannu, yes, he is an Australian.

btw, where is the usual

nannu
(the ........) at the end of your post?

Ejaj
February 23, 2006, 09:55 AM
haha.. nice thread!... Good to see u back here Ian..:)

Beamer
February 23, 2006, 01:21 PM
Going back to my earler comment about Rasel and his impeccable line, one thing that is still needed to be looked at is how he bowls to the right handers. I believe he bowls better at the lefty batsmen with his in and out swingers both working after pitching on the correct channell. Playing Sri lanka , which is the only opponent he has faced so far in his career, isn't enough to make an educated judgement on him. Lankan top order is dominated by left handers such as Jayasuirya, Tharanga, Sangakkara etc. and he has fared well against them by settling into a nice rythm. Lets see what he does when he faces righties a lot or a combination of lefty and righty batsmen at the same time. Too early in his career to compare him to Pigeon, but I like the way he has started his career.

RazabQ
February 26, 2006, 06:56 PM
I'd say these are real pigeon legs:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56940862.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=AAAB1D3D22B8F28C2EFADDB9ACCDEDB5

Somebody get Shahadat some bhuna gosto please :)

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 3:40 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

Faceoff
February 26, 2006, 09:28 PM
Mohadmmad Ashraful ~ Shahid Kapoor from Bollywood

Zunaid
February 26, 2006, 10:42 PM
check this out:

http://tinyurl.com/n9amx