PDA

View Full Version : Will SL bring back Murali and Vaas from their 'rest'?

jabbar
February 22, 2006, 07:12 PM
I would certainly think so. They are no well and truly awake and will not dare underestimate the Tigers from now on. Resting Murali and Vaas cost them the 2nd ODI, big time! :flag:

cricman
February 22, 2006, 07:16 PM
Murali will be back in the Tests, but their squad should remain the same in the 3rd. Maybe Mubarck may get dropped but thats it

FagunerAgun
February 22, 2006, 08:25 PM
Still SL is a strong team to beat..

RazabQ
February 22, 2006, 08:53 PM
Umm ... let's not get carried away. SL will not change their squad midway through the series unless a) injuries occuer, b) BD inflicts unimaginable thrashing on SL. And when I say unimaginable, I'm thinking huge victory on the 3rd ODI.

Sauron
February 22, 2006, 11:38 PM
I agree. Changing anyone other than Mubarak would be a moral boost for BD. I don't think SL would do that unless they thought they were doomed badly.

mahrookh
February 22, 2006, 11:41 PM
Mubarak is not in form . Anyway they will win the last match on Friday unless another miracle happens and it's way too possible .

Shafin
February 22, 2006, 11:44 PM
But i think the next time some team plays BD,they will think once more before resting key players

thebest
February 22, 2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Mubarak is not in form . Anyway they will win the last match on Friday unless another miracle happens and it's way too possible .

what happened to u man. You were the anti-thesis of SS. You were the only one who believed we could win yesterday after the beating. After we won , you thinking that we would lose. Be a winner :fire::fire:

SillyChild
February 23, 2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jabbar
I would certainly think so. They are no well and truly awake and will not dare underestimate the Tigers from now on. Resting Murali and Vaas cost them the 2nd ODI, big time! :flag:

I doubt it. This current team is still very strong. It is true that Vaas and Murali will give them a better bowling line up, but I don't see them coming over for the 3rd ODI. But if BD wins the 3rd ODI then I'm pretty sure all of them will be called back.

abherath
February 23, 2006, 12:47 AM
Sri Lanka will definitely not change the squad for the third ODI. Within the squad, I think Mubarak will be replaced by Upul Tharanga in the playing eleven, who for some reason has been in cold storage since mid-tour in Australia.

Then for the tests, Sri Lanka will bring in Murali but Sanath will go back home for a well deserved rest.

SillyChild
February 23, 2006, 01:18 AM
I was a bit surprised to see the tour being so close to the long Aussie series. I think the entire Lankan squad needed some time off before coming over to BD.

irteja
February 23, 2006, 01:22 AM
no way...i think sangarakara and mahela realise how importent they are in team...if jayasuria, sangarakara and mahela fired up..they dont need murli or vas

shaheen
February 23, 2006, 02:14 AM
I guess the only change they want to make is to drop Mubarok bring back Upal taranga

jabbar
February 23, 2006, 02:20 AM
I have a feeling at least one of Vaas or Murali might be called back. SL are lacking some match winners (other than Sangakkara and Jayasuriyah)

esteban_loaiza
February 23, 2006, 02:22 AM
If they bring Murali we will bring Chacha back.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 7:22 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

Spitfire_x86
February 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
I have a feeling at least one of Vaas or Murali might be called back. SL are lacking some match winners (other than Sangakkara and Jayasuriyah)
Srilanka will definately bring Murali back. But it's not from any "change in plans". He will come for the tests, and Jayasuria will return home after the ODIs. Both Test and ODI squad was announced before the start of series.

PoorFan
February 23, 2006, 02:58 AM
I don't think there would be any change.

On the other hand that's a chance for BD to hit them hard again. Couple of early wicket fall force SL team to stay in their shell these days, and losing so many wicket at the end also become a trend.

Hope BD boys can push them hard again.

mshakir56
February 23, 2006, 03:25 AM
We should not get over confident about Srilanka, because they are still a lot better then us, remember how we only made like 117 runs against them in the first odi.

Carte Blanche
February 23, 2006, 03:40 AM
Even if they couldn, they wouldn't make any changes. I'm sure this defeat hit them hard enough and they'll play with the same squad, more or less, at least to make a statement. The players will, no doubt, be fired up for the 3rd ODI. Having said that, I also think that Mubarak may be dropped. Last time I saw Tharanga, I thought he was a decent player and was actually surprised that the SL team decided to play without him in the first 2 ODIs.

abherath
February 23, 2006, 04:29 AM

They will not. Sri Lanka has seldom changed squads mid-tour irrespective of wins and losses.

istiak
February 23, 2006, 04:39 AM
I don't see any cause for panic in Srilankan team.

Ahmed_B
February 23, 2006, 07:03 AM
I don't think they will change the team. And I also don't think that the 3rd ODI will be a cakewalk for BD either. SL 'the wonded Lion' will be very eger to take revenge.

BTW... I remember Razab bhais wish right now -at the beginning of the SL tour he mentioned something like BD's sweet memories about opposition Resting their Key players, and wished that SL be given a taste of that same treat as the previous occassion (IND series).

Razab bhai's wish came true! :)

Fortuner
February 23, 2006, 07:14 AM
Murali got blasted for 99 vs Aus.

We can atleast blast him for 45, lol....i dont thinkl he is threat to us in the ODI's but in test, he is a danger. I hope he will not play in test against us...not being negative but telling da fact dat our batsman's wont be patient enuff to play his delivery's wisely whole day long.....murali gonna frsutrate us...

Vaas is no doubt a threat to us in ODI and Test but yeah...if Shahriar Nafees can see him well and Javed defends solid..we have something to b happy of...

fy288
February 23, 2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
If they bring Murali we will bring Chacha back.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 7:22 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

LOL. Yeah Chacha may return stating once again that he was mis-quoted or something along those lines!!!

BD to win 3 ODI and therefore series 2-1, also on that day ZIM play there first ODI against Kenya in 5 match series.

Ejaj
February 23, 2006, 09:57 AM
Dont think so.......... they are still pretty much over powering team against us.. although.. Murali will be back for tests.

moinkhan
February 23, 2006, 12:36 PM
As much as SL would like to call VAAS and Murali for the series decider, they won't because they believe (right fully) the current team is enough. Just the thought of losing the series has already put SL under pressure, and BD is fully charged up having come back from a heavy defeat. Recalling Taposh was also a positive move for BD.

Remember a few months back Dav Whatmore said (para phrasing) that on a good day, BD can beat any side of the world. We just need another good day to seal a crucial series victory.

esteban_loaiza
February 23, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think it'd be kinds insulting for them to call those two guys back, but the present team will be ultra-serious in the next match as if they are in for World Cup or something. Bangladesh tend to get too relaxed after a win, so I believe that is the biggest concern for us now, not whom we are playing against.

rudro
February 23, 2006, 05:28 PM
Aren't we getting over-excited here?

cricketboy
February 23, 2006, 11:11 PM
They might bring Upul Tharanga instead of Jehan Mubarak. Murali will be back for the tests. :(

abherath
February 24, 2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by cricketboy
They might bring Upul Tharanga instead of Jehan Mubarak. Murali will be back for the tests. :(

Upul Tharanga was always in the ODI squad. So his playing in the third ODI is regulation business.

And Murali was always in the test squad. Sanath is not there.

Anyway, thanks to the Bangladesh victory, this series now has a lot of purpose. The 3rd match is really worth watching.

Perhaps for the very first time, Bangladesh will play in the 3rd ODI as favourites with Sri Lankans as the underdogs, especially as their batting has been brittle and their bowling not up to the mark.

It is good that the match is on Saturday, which is a holiday in Sri Lanka. I suppose Saturday is a normal working day in Bangladesh. Is that right ?

Ahmed_B
February 24, 2006, 02:05 AM
Yeah right abherath.. it's working day here.
BTW... I don't think BD will do very well in 3rd ODI. SL is under pressure to save face.. wheras BD is under pressure because of raising hopes. BD possibly players better when they are under fire from the critics... they has not shown signs yet of doing good when everyone wants+expects+needs them to ! :)

hkooraham
February 24, 2006, 04:55 AM
SL won't bring any new guys. They'll look to thrash B'desh left, right and the centre in the third ODI with the same team that lost.

Asif
February 24, 2006, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by hkooraham
SL won't bring any new guys. They'll look to thrash B'desh left, right and the centre in the third ODI with the same team that lost.

And bangladesh will be looking for some opportunity to grab some wicketes while they open their bat to thrash B'desh left, right and the centre ... if BD successfully does so... result might swing to bd side (Provided BD batsman have to perform... which is the most important winning criteria for BD)