PDA

View Full Version : Should Alok be dropped?

Dhakablues
February 23, 2006, 12:01 AM
So Should Alok be dropped? Did he contribute to the game as expected or he is still just a blue eyed boy who just gets the nod from selectors for something we dont know...?
Does he need to prove more to be included in ODI squad for the 3rd and deciding match?

Beamer
February 23, 2006, 12:03 AM
You are kidding right? hopefully not...

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 12:05 AM
How you get this idea from ?

Dhakablues
February 23, 2006, 12:40 AM
Pretty simple.. Many of the forum speakers didnt want to have Alok aka 'Kopali' to be in the team from the begining. Was the selectors right to bring Alok back to the fold? Or they shouldve picked Al Shahrier Rokon for the match? Should we bring back Manzar Rana? The question becomes, If Alok stays,, do we penalize Manzar Rana despite his superb performance in the National League? Is Rana/Javed be always the sacrifical goal?

rafiq
February 23, 2006, 01:47 AM
Should random threads be opened?

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Pretty simple.. Many of the forum speakers didnt want to have Alok aka 'Kopali' to be in the team from the begining. Was the selectors right to bring Alok back to the fold? Or they shouldve picked Al Shahrier Rokon for the match? Should we bring back Manzar Rana? The question becomes, If Alok stays,, do we penalize Manzar Rana despite his superb performance in the National League? Is Rana/Javed be always the sacrifical goal?

You think Selectors looking at this forum before they choose the team :)

shovon13
February 23, 2006, 01:51 AM
well all alok needs to do is continue what he has done so far. judging his performance in the series thus far, he deserves a spot in the starting eleven. but if he fails to be consistent again, thats a different story.

besides that, the very possibility that alok may be coming back to form gives me tremendous amounts of hope for our team's future. our bowling rarely fails miserably. if ash, aftab, and alok can actually be in form together for a while, look out. along with the quality of our fielding now a days, thats an upset (?) waiting to happen every time the tigers will take the field.

PoorFan
February 23, 2006, 03:19 AM
Alok got the chance, and he is utilizing his chance very well ( so far ) for the FIRST time! That's a positive hope for the team and for all of us. It's too early to say, but seems he learned his lesson pretty well this time, and gradually getting his confidence back.

I wish his best.

mshakir56
February 23, 2006, 03:22 AM
Alok Kapali is performing well enough, well, this from my point of view.

irteja
February 23, 2006, 03:25 AM
what kind of question is this.....alok did extreamly well.....the only person can be droped is nazmul hussain......

i think alok should be bat at 3....aftab should bat late cuz he is the best finisher

Fazal
February 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
I am planning to open another thread.

Should Dhakablues read all the comments first (made by all the so-called Alok bashers after 2nd ODI) before opening this thread?

Beacuse, if he would spent some time to read the so called Alok bashers response about Alok after 2nd ODI, he would have get his answer by now, and therefore no need to open this thread....no?

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 2:42 PM GMT, by Fazal.

sadi
February 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
Should Ash be dropped?

So Should Ash be dropped? Did he contribute to the game as expected or he is still just a blue eyed boy who just gets the nod from selectors for something we dont know...?
Does he need to prove more to be included in ODI squad for the 3rd and deciding match?

:lol:

Rubu
February 23, 2006, 09:42 AM
From the alok haters club: He has done enough to deserve to be in 3rd ODI.

BUT, given his previous 2 years long bad patch, I'm not willing to see more than a couple failure from him and still stays in the team as if he is the permanent resident of the national team (like before).

In other words, he has done enough in last match to get a chance to prove himself. but he has not proven himself yet. Because he did not come to the national team by proving his ability, he must prove it now before being a regular.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 2:44 PM GMT, by Rubu.

rudro
February 23, 2006, 09:44 AM
Do we have a membership cancelation policy by any means? lol..

Rubu
February 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by rudro
Do we have a membership cancelation policy by any means? lol..

Not necessary. The motto of 'Alok Haters Club' has been that 'Everyone has to perform to stay in the national team'. If alok performs, there won't be an alok haters club. so, no queastion of membership. however, that is still far away.

Fazal
February 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by sadi
Should Ash be dropped?
:lol:

He can stay for one more game. But I think Nafees should be dropped for 3rd ODI. Hannan Sarkar shoud be given another chance... you never know... unless you try your luck... it can click this time... I am crossing my finger.:pig:

mafizraju
February 23, 2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan
Alok got the chance, and he is utilizing his chance very well ( so far ) for the FIRST time! That's a positive hope for the team and for all of us. It's too early to say, but seems he learned his lesson pretty well this time, and gradually getting his confidence back.

I wish his best.

I beg to differ with your FIRST time theory. I am not a big fan of Alok, I guess because I missed all of his good innigs so far. Was he not dropped due to consistency problem? He proved his talent with the flashes of stroke everybody talks bout and certainly proved his place by playing the good innigs he played at the starting of his career.............

sadi
February 23, 2006, 10:15 AM
here is my eleven

Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

Ejaj
February 23, 2006, 10:28 AM
Well. Alok needs to show much more than this.................... A good test will be in the next match.. So.. in my team. for the time being, he stays. Btw... I really couldnt understand why tushar Imran was omited from the team?.. Did he have a poor domestic performance? He should be playing in place of Rajin..

oracle
February 23, 2006, 10:31 AM
The more and more the Alok debate rages, I veer strongly with the "truth" to the saying that if you have'nt seen Alok at his best then you easily become a Alok hater beacuse of his failures. Being a long time member of the "Seen- Alok-At-His-Best-Club" , I am not at all surprised to read Rabeed's use of words:

Whether we are witnessing Alok Kapali’s rebirth is too early to say but time stood still when he batted. At the other end there was the swagger of Aftab (33) and the combination was pulsating like the drums in the stands. When Kapali caressed that square drive to the point boundary, not a soul moved inside the field and when Aftab clubbed the straight six off Ruchira Perera to ease the nerves, the climax was only a matter of time. In 6.5 overs, the pair had put on 51 precious runs that made the difference between honour and despair.

Without a doubt, I believe, it was the Aftab-Alok partnership that sealed the win. I doubt Rafique could have supported Aftab in that situation.

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2006, 10:47 AM
here is my eleven

Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

ফ্রেমে বাধানোর মত লাইন আপ।

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 3:48 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

oracle
February 23, 2006, 11:00 AM
here is my eleven

Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

:up:Awesome line up. Think what would happen if Rokon at home at crease and Mushfiqur Rahim is partnering .And Sanwar shines at his best in a spin friendly pitch!

DJ Sahastra
February 23, 2006, 12:04 PM
Amar Motha Kharap! :lol:

sadi
February 23, 2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by oracle
Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

Awesome line up. Think what would happen if Rokon at home at crease and Mushfiqur Rahim is partnering .And Sanwar shines at his best in a spin friendly pitch!:up:

I think you meant mushfiqur rahman.... cuz mushfiqur rahim wont get a chance in this team :P

Ishtylish cricketer
February 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
Should random threads be opened?

lol. Best comment on this thread.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 23, 2006, 12:53 PM
here is my eleven

Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

:up:Awesome line up. Think what would happen if Rokon at home at crease and Mushfiqur Rahim is partnering .And Sanwar shines at his best in a spin friendly pitch!

No Ash, No Aftab, No Rajin, No Bashar, No Mortoza, No Raffique, No Syed Russell ????
Who is will get the runs? Better yet who will pick up wickets?
That's aweful looking lineup. As Boycott used to say this won't scare my grandma.

sadi
February 23, 2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ishtylish cricketer
here is my eleven

Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

No Ash, No Aftab, No Rajin, No Bashar, No Mortoza, No Raffique, No Syed Russell ????
That's aweful looking lineup. As Boycott used to say this won't scare my grandma.

lol... it worked :lol:

Rubu
February 23, 2006, 12:57 PM
:lol: :D

Fazal
February 23, 2006, 01:02 PM

Looks like pretty strong team to me. Why what's wrong with Boycott's mom? Is she already blind and deaf?

Ahmed_B
February 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
ki bapar?... kar abar matha gorom holo? :umm:

tarifmahmud
February 23, 2006, 01:12 PM
no way

sadi
February 23, 2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

Looks like pretty strong team to me. Why what's wrong with Boycott's mom? Is she already blind and deaf?

Nah she is dead.

ASA
February 23, 2006, 02:10 PM
Alok was once the 'golden boy' of our cricket - and rightly so. His batting average in the main tours of our team in 2002-2003 (Aus, WI, England, etc) was close to 40 and his style was appreciated by many. I still don't understand why he had this 2 year hole in his performances. Anyway, now that he has shown some good improvement in the 2nd ODI - he should be allowed to continue to improve. If he comes back in this season - that's great for our team - if not, too bad. He'll be dropped for sure.

CricTiger
February 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
I am buying options for ALOK .His rating is upgraded from hold to buy and prediction is now Bulish.

jabbar
February 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
This thread made me laugh whilst drinking water, and now I am choking. :duh:

Dhakablues
February 23, 2006, 09:15 PM
To all fairness, it was synicism more than a question when I opened the thread. I doubt that it was vulgar or obscene. A threads life depends on the interest it generates. Isnt randomness ( or I would say unstructred creativity) part of banglaCricket? I doubt that all of us are, by any means, polarized except for loving cricket.

Can just two games performance make him the 'indispensable' one ? Alok is such enigma to the game of cricket and to the fans. Does he really deserve to be called "most talented" or was he a mere another "Hannan Sarker". Whether or not a talent can rebirth from Bangladesh Cricket remains to be seen,, but we have seen Alok coming back,, I hope he stays back to win matches for us at Trinidad..

Lasker
February 23, 2006, 09:30 PM
here is my eleven

Javed Omar
Hannan Sarkar
Nafees Iqbal
Al Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Sanwar Hussain
Musfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Selim
Fahim Muntasir
Anwar Hussain
Talha Jubair

LOL....ur eleven for B or C Team?

Ishtylish cricketer
February 23, 2006, 09:59 PM
Discussing Kapali's fate has always been the favourite past time of banglacricket members so I am not surprised that this topic is being replied so much. What can I say I am part of the "keep Kapali in ODIs for now" club since he is somewhat performing. I know he's by far the most technically correct batsman Bd has so he deserves some chances but how many is too many for Kaps that could be worth debating in a thread or two. :drool:

Lasker
February 23, 2006, 10:10 PM
Alok-Ashraful-Aftab.....all the talented names in BD cricket. They are most valuable asset of our cricket and i am sure they would rule bd cricket for long. What we need is to guide and nurture them in proper way.

Alok came to bat in first ODI, hit a boundary...seeing the elegant shot cricbuzz commented this guy never deserve to bat at number 9:clap:. Alok played very gud last two matches, keep him in the squad untill he becomes the burden for time, this is surely for ODI team, he still doesn't deserve a place in test squad.

al Furqaan
February 23, 2006, 10:11 PM
kapali is playing like a true all-rounder (by our standards).

if his confidence goes up, he could score runs.

our batting line-up will be scary with ash, aftab, and alok. add nafees to the AAA, and you can have anybody for breakfast.