PDA

View Full Version : To every body who wrote off Taposh and to everybody who wrote off Nazmul

mafizraju
February 23, 2006, 12:18 PM
To every body who wrote off Taposh and to everybody who wrote off Nazmul:

Taposh and Nazmul are here to stay. They do not play cricket to disappear one sudden morning. They want to perform and want to perform their best. So anybody who is writting off Taposh, needs to have their memories revisited or needs to learn a proper view towards cricket. Taposh may not get a chance in the third ODI, may get thrashed hardly, may not get a chace to another ODI untill a year and then Disappear like Shanto. Still then You will have me to make you remember your misdeeds and if I am not here you will surely have the Politician-Cricketer or Cricketer_politicians to make you remeber about them. May be you will then remeber Taposh or Nazmul as kids who came in the cricket due to the nepotisim of the selectors, may be you will remember as the worst bowlers Bangladesh has ever seen, but I hope I just hope that oneday you will come to senses and realize how flwaed your approach was, you will understand how awaful your ideas are in cricket, cause still then you will have lots of taposh and nazmul and obviously shanto coming in with Flowers and then disappearing with insults.

sadi
February 23, 2006, 12:23 PM
wow... pretty strong huh :yawn:

shamster
February 23, 2006, 07:53 PM
I like Tapash, 56 wickets at under 40 is good for bangladeshi also he can bat as well.. Nazmul I am disappointed his form has dipped. Tapash lost his form during England cos he was not 100% fit hence the no balls etc. Dav does not like Tapash though I think he prefers Naz instead.

FagunerAgun
February 23, 2006, 08:09 PM
I like Taposh more than Nazmul. Taposh played pretty well in BD's lone Carribbean tour. He gave WI batsmen hard time, specially in a 25 limited over ODI (because of rain) where BD was so close to win the ODI. And you think who was behind it...it was Taposh and his batting and bowling. And what WI fans said after the game: "Deese guys deserve respect".

In England, he could not perform well as because of injury. Now he is fine. So I hope his bowling will be good. And don't forget that he is good with a bat as well, specially in the ODIs.

obernell
February 23, 2006, 08:10 PM
i remember last year after the champion's trophy match against WI, everyone in this forum got crazy about nazmul's first over. They were all saying how cool it is to have a 16 year old pacer with this much potential. fast forward it today, nazmul is off the market...people can't even believe that he gets selected to play ODI. We are all emotional fans, and i am sure it will take just a couple of good performace for us to consider nazmul as the 'next big thing'..

AsifTheManRahman
February 23, 2006, 08:16 PM
taposh is definitely here to stay.

as for nazmul, i've always thought he was pretty ordinary. just like boycott used to say about chris harris - simply coming in and throwing some rubbish at the batsman won't get him anywhere.

Asif
February 23, 2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
taposh is definitely here to stay.

as for nazmul, i've always thought he was pretty ordinary. just like boycott used to say about chris harris - simply coming in and throwing some rubbish at the batsman won't get him anywhere.

Asif bhai..... nazmul is just 18 years old.. isn't he? Give him time... he will perform.. he has the potential to be a good pacer. Now I wonder why didn't he play u/19 this year under mushfiq?? I just checked cricinfo for his stat

Full name Mohammad Nazmul Hossain
Born October 5, 1987, Hobigonj, Bangladesh
Current age 18 years 142 days
Major teams Bangladesh, Bangladesh Under-19s, BCB Development Squad
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm medium-fast

Any Idea why not?? I think he would have been paired well with $ mahmud... we certainly had a disadvantage in the pacing department.. hadn't we??

Pundit
February 23, 2006, 08:35 PM
I have never passed any judgement against Tapash. But here is the deal. If you want bowlers in our team averaging near 40 to "stay," then I'm afraid we will remain as the best team only after Zimbabwe.

Either of the 2 will happen -

Tapash brings down his average by 10 points over the next 2 years, or he will be out of the scene, replaced by someone who has that statistic (~30).

The 3rd option is one we as a Test playing nation do not want to have.

Zunaid
February 23, 2006, 08:43 PM
Give me a list of bowlers with statistically significant average in the:

20s
30s
40s

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 1:44 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

Spitfire_x86
February 23, 2006, 08:48 PM
Taposh's test average is unacceptable (59.36). But in our standard, his ODI bowling average is not bad (39.71).

Mashrafee and Rafique's bowling average in ODI is 45 and 43 respectively.

CTazim
February 23, 2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid

20s
30s
40s

What about Tariq Aziz ? Oh!! I forgot he has one of the top batting averages for Bangladesh ;) . My bad :D:D:D

Asif
February 23, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hmm... taposh got a best of 4-16.. who did he get it against??

Ar Nazmul kano u/19 khello na tar to kono uttor pailam na?

BappyHayat
February 23, 2006, 09:04 PM
Both of them got a long and good future...

But I wonder why both are not working hard on their pace...specialy Nazmul. I believe he can regularly touch 130-135 km/hour range

roaring tigerz
February 23, 2006, 09:05 PM
what is this thread about? whatever you tried to say didnt make much sense to me.

referring to some of the previous posts, I strongly feel that both Nazmul and Taposh are here to stay. They are among the five best bowlers we have in the country right now. I am biased towards taposh, because I see a really committed cricketer in him who carried the bangladesh attack for a long time without much support. His performances are certainly disappointing and he did get a prolonged run to prove himself. but saying that, dont forget that taposh is still pretty young and he is surely still developing his skills.
as for nazmul, he is not even 20. he has a wonderful run up and a good action and is usually very accurate( praised by none other than wasim akram). the problem with him is that right now he is a bit of a 'one trick pony' just able to slant the ball in to the right handers. and good players would play him easily. he needs to add more variety to his bowling, especially the outswinger. but i am sure we will hear much more from nazmul in the future.

Lasker
February 23, 2006, 09:05 PM
Actually Tapash was the first bowler after Masrafee we had a gud swing with the balls. Tapash himself claimed his cud swing the balls perfectly after talking to Waqar (or Wasim). He is a gud ODI bowler, but not sure he is in form or not. He also didn't do anything spectacular after recovering his injury, don't know why selectors have recalled him, probably from the old faith~

Anyway tomorrow Tapash is gonna play instead of Nazmul, lets see how would be bowl. If he can bowl in gud line and length, I am sure we are gonna win the seriese, cuz Masri, Rassel definitely won't bowl bad!

Mahmood
February 23, 2006, 10:37 PM
Taposh - Give Bangladesh a lot, we owe him our gratitude. But he has aged and its time for him to make room for young blood.

Nazmul - Still improving, not just there yet.

Shahadat - After Masri and Russell, he is the best we have right now. He deserved to be in the current team as the 3rd pacer.

Lasker
February 23, 2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood
Taposh - Give Bangladesh a lot, we owe him our gratitude. But he has aged and its time for him to make room for young blood.

Shahadat - After Masri and Russell, he is the best we have right now. He deserved to be in the current team as the 3rd pacer.

Full name Tapash Kumar Baisya
Born December 15, 1982, Sylhet, Bangladesh
Current age 23 years 71 days
Major teams Bangladesh, Sylhet Division
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium

For God's sake, Tapash is only 23, you can't throw him due to his age~! Nazmul is young and promising, he will surely make a comeback. But we better play who is better form right now among Tapash and Nazmul, as Nazmul didn't bowl well last match, so its nothing giving a chance to Tapash.

Shahadat is fastest bowler in BD and also got gud swing, but his line and length is not perfect yet for ODI bowling. He would play in test along with Masri and Rassel I guess.

AsifTheManRahman
February 23, 2006, 10:55 PM
shafaq al jabir er ki holo? kono khobor nai?

also - is he too old for the u-19?

Lasker
February 23, 2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
shafaq al jabir er ki holo? kono khobor nai?

also - is he too old for the u-19?

shafaq al jabir ?? u don't mean Talha Jubair, right:yawn:

reverse_swing
February 23, 2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Lasker

shafaq al jabir ?? u don't mean Talha Jubair, right:yawn:

Cricinfo Profile: Shafaq Al Zabir >> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56110.html)

Lasker
February 23, 2006, 11:10 PM
[/quote]

Cricinfo Profile: Shafaq Al Zabir >> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56110.html) [/quote]

Thanks...how r these U19 bowlers Dollar, Nabil, Saqibul..any idea how r their speeds, actions?

i fell Nabil is better!?

obernell
February 23, 2006, 11:24 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Mahmood

very immature comment purely based on emotion :down:

shaoun
February 24, 2006, 12:31 AM
taposh is a proven bowler. his odi record is even better then masrafee's. if taposh stays fit he can play few more years. nazmul still has to prove himself. and for nazmul to stay in the team he will have to compete with players like shahadat, rassell.
this is how i think our fast bowler ranks right now.
1)masrafee (the best)
2)taposh (a proven bowler)
3)syed rassel (can swing the ball in both ways but still needs to prove himself and be consistant. him being left handed is an advantage.
4)shahadat hussein.(i heard he is the fastest bowler in the country. he looked pretty impressive with srilanka but still new and needs more experience.
5)nazmul hussein- he is very young only 18(if thats his right age) if he is to stay in the team he will have to pick up his game because he has competition.

besides them i hope polash gets a chance to play for the a-team. anwar hussein alamgir kabir, these two i dont think will make a comeback to the national side. tarek aziz, i dont think he will be back either. shafaq al jubair is improving hope he gets some game with a-team as well.

cricketboy
February 24, 2006, 12:35 AM

Tapash aging at 23 years. I fear Ashraful and Masri will also be aging in 2years. Thats sad. Bangladesh team is aging!!! Australia has a team of senior citizens!!! :D:D:D

Hasib
February 24, 2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by CTazim
Originally posted by Zunaid

20s
30s
40s

What about Tariq Aziz ? Oh!! I forgot he has one of the top batting averages for Bangladesh ;) . My bad :D:D:D

Did i miss a joke here...

Ahmed_B
February 24, 2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by mafizraju
.... but I hope I just hope that oneday you will come to senses and realize how flwaed your approach was, you will understand how awaful your ideas are in cricket, cause still then you will have lots of taposh and nazmul and obviously shanto coming in with Flowers and then disappearing with insults....
Bujhlam apni tapash & nazmul ke like koren... but egula kemon kotha holo bhai?

Personally, I am a Tapash-admirer myself.. but even I can't stand behind Tapash without doubts these days. Every bowler gets thrashed in some matches.. but when that starts to happen to someone consistantly... then he atleast needs a break (if not re-considered for his replacement permanently). I am willing to watch Tapash play again soon... and hoping the he will come back with full power and control.

Shakalaka
February 24, 2006, 03:18 AM
Why cant we produce some more fast bowler like Masrafe? heard a lot about Shahadat but never seen him play an impressive spell.

Tapash may be ok. But his mazmul guys got hammered by SL awfully. needs to practice more. I think the Rassell is the smartest bowler in the team. he is awesome. Every other ball is differnet, keeps batsman guessing.

Mahmood
February 24, 2006, 09:44 AM
Aging, bad choice of word, should have used, losing fire, his bowling has dropped from what it used to be.

arafath79
February 24, 2006, 06:09 PM
Tapash is really a good bowler, He is the second best pasce bowler of bangladesh at the moment.:up:

Toutais
February 24, 2006, 07:16 PM
Name the anitmatter particle of an electron.:exclamation:

r56hg
February 24, 2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Toutais
Name the anitmatter particle of an electron.:exclamation:

Kopale tomer dukko ache...
kono mod bhai ektu porei tomake U2U check korte bolbo

mafizraju
February 24, 2006, 07:48 PM
some of you said taposh is old enough to retire and some other said he can play few more years in a way as if we are talking about a 33 years old paceman who has served the country well enough to stick around for another couple of years...... Seriously man I gotta ask the question at what age a bowler should be in the national team and what age he whould retire? a new statistics needs to be published.....I guess we love to see pacers who are between 16 and 22....?? not more than 22. cause they are old. we need a better paceman with better avg at younger age. lets have a look to the stats of strike rate of all BD paceman (including medium pacer) who got one wicket at least in ODIs :

Golam N Prince 81.59
Jahangir shah Badshah 117
saiful islam 50.50
hasibul hossain 47.41
shafiudding ahmed babu 45.00
khaled mahmud 50.52
morshed ali khan 69.00
niamu rashid 78
mushfiqur rahman 70.10
mohammad sharif 48.48
mashrafee 55.04
Tareq Aziz 35.76
Taposh baishay 42.62
Talha Zubair 34.00
Nazmul hossain 42.50
Syed raseel 42.00

now if we look at the stats of strike rate we should have Talha Zubair and Tareq Aziz opening and Nazmul, taposh or Rassel coming as the third one.................. Where is Dearest Mashrafee???? ow we who have seen mash bowling will say that well stat doesnot always say everything. true. but it must say something???? at least the rate a bowler gets lucky with. ,..... now draw your own conclusion

Spitfire_x86
February 24, 2006, 08:54 PM
ODI stats often doesn't do justice to better bowlers. Test stats are more important if you want to find out a better bowler with stats.

Mashrafee averages 35 in tests and Taposh averages 60. That is a good indicator of how ahead Mashrafee is compared to other BD pacers

Pundit
February 24, 2006, 11:59 PM
MAFIZRAJU, where are you ????

I just witnessed the Chittagong massacre of Tapash !!!

Let me see...who else.....Zunaid ????

mafizraju
February 25, 2006, 12:09 AM
I am right here and getting killed by the nonbuffered-buffered video of Dilma. did see the massacre, if you can call it so

Mahmood
February 25, 2006, 12:11 AM
I will quote myself once more time....

Aging, bad choice of word, should have used, losing fire, his bowling has dropped from what it used to be.

Ehsan
February 25, 2006, 12:21 AM
I will quote myself once more time....

He proved it today. And I agree too now...

shaoun
February 25, 2006, 12:27 AM
bring polash into the team.

Ahmed_B
February 25, 2006, 12:28 AM
I have a feeling that this game will be the last one for long long time for Tapash..

bngali1on1
February 25, 2006, 12:32 AM
We need to bring Mashrafe and Toposh back into the pace attack together....RIGHT NOW!!

Fazal
February 25, 2006, 01:25 AM
না পাপসরে কিছু বলা জাবেনা ....কোলে করে দুধ খাওয়ায়ে ...মাথায় নিয়ে নাচতে হবে.... শা[]র মেজাজটাই খারাপ করে দিল .... খেলাটাই মাটি করে দিল....

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 6:27 AM GMT, by Fazal.

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 02:30 AM
Man. i saw many of his bowling during last England tour.. and it was shocking for me to see him bowling like that. I aint any Taposh haters at all......... but.. i simply didnt recomend him as the 3rd bowler specialyl for ths match. I knew, SL would be fired up to get on top in the thrid match.. and letter Taposh in the team.. simply allowed the job easier for SL team............. So Bad Choiceeeeeeeeeeeee ..... Selector should dieeee