PDA

View Full Version : U/19's in NCL

TheWatcher
February 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
On the sixth oneday round

Mehrab Jr (Dhaka) took 2/19 in the low scoring Dhaka-Sylhet match at Mirpur.

Aslam Khan (U/19 discard, left arm seamer) took 2/32 for Khulna against Chittagong.

-BDKhela

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 6:44 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
February 23, 2006, 12:32 PM
where are the other players? Tamim, sakib or shuvro... did they play or just taking a break??

TheWatcher
February 24, 2006, 11:43 AM
U/19 discard Nazmus Sadat, an opening batsman for Khulna, scored a centurey (103) against Chittagong (remind you, Nazmus also scored two centuries in the recently concluded Dhaka premier league).

-BDKhela

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 6:44 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
February 24, 2006, 11:45 AM
he is turning out to be another shahriar nafees... nice work

rudro
February 24, 2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Kamrul Islam took another three wickets today (Rajshahi-Barisal).

U/19 discard Nazmus Sadat, an opening batsman for Khulna, scored a centurey (103) against Chittagong (remind you, Nazmus also scored two centuries in the recently concluded Dhaka premier league).

-BDKhela

Bangladesh's long-time problem with opening batsman is going to end in the near future.

pagol-chagol
February 24, 2006, 12:00 PM
Sadat got mighty pissed for not making the u-19 team, I think. Keep it going kid. We surely could have used this grit in the tournament.

If we had a pacer like Nazmul in the u-19, may be we could have won it all.

What do you think?

sadi
February 24, 2006, 12:03 PM
yeah sure... if we can get a good batsman like shahriar nafees from every under-19 world cup who was discarded and made him better, I will be happy.... :lol:

TheWatcher
February 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
On a side note, Chittagong took a very strange strategy this round- they did not include any pacer in the team. Two part timers- Weseluddin and Ehsanul Haque opened the bowling for them. The strategy worked really well for Chittagong as Sabbir Khan took a fifer in the Khulna first innings. The match is being held at our newly accredited ODI venue- Khulna Divisional Stadium.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/85/85003.html)

rudro
February 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
Well, thats really strange. Isn't Yaseen Arafat a medium pacer?

sadi
February 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
how come ctg don't play tamim?? I am sure he is better than the openers they got right now.... same thing can be said about mushfiq rahim or sakib... how come they are not playing for their division?

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2006, 12:45 PM
So it proves that our U-19 could have been better, wow! Nazmus Sadat should join the next HP or A team squad. 3 centuries in no way can be considered mediocre. I like competition which we will see among Tamim, Nazmus and others.

TheWatcher
March 2, 2006, 11:44 AM
Dhaka-Barisal

Mehrab Jr put some respectibility to Dhaka's score after his team collapsed to 42/4 in 15.5 overs, scored 56 runs in 86 balls. He, Rezaul Islam (Dhaka) and Ishraq Sonnet (Barisal), all three took 2 wickets each.

Sylhet-Chittagong

Nabil Samad (Sylhet) was the man of the match for taking 5-32 from eight overs . Tamim Iqbal (Chittagong) smashed 43 off 33 balls.

Khulna-Rajshahi

In form Nazmus (Khulna) scored 64 runs (106 balls).

I guess, it is also worth mentioning that former U/19 pacer Shafaq Al Zabir (Rajshahi) took 5/24 and earned the MOM.

Cricket Archive (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2005-06_BDESH_Ispahani_Mirzapore_Tea_National_Cricket_L eague_One-Day_2005-06.html)

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 6:44 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
March 2, 2006, 11:46 AM
okay tamim is back at last... i was wondering why he is not playing in ncl... did he play any four day match yet? It will be interesting to see how he does in longer version of the game

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 10:57 AM
Tamim blasts his first first-class century. Nazmul is again the victim of rampaging batting.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85072.html)

Mehrab Jr is still not out at 133.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85070.html)

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 3:59 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 11:02 AM
wow good to see tamim scoring some runs in the longer version also....... 113 from 84 balls?? when he got out, the team total was 201 from 27.5 over.... :lol:

sadi
March 3, 2006, 11:04 AM
quite impressive mehrab jr....... hopefully he can continue this good work and we might be seeing him somewhere sooner than we think......

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 11:09 AM
Look at the bowlers Tamim faced.

Nazmul, Hasibul(#1bowler in the league now) and Nabil Samad. Not bad. It looks like the pitch was batting paradise. Check out the high scores throughout the lineup.

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 11:11 AM
It looks like Mehrab Jr.'s century is much more gutsy with the total collapse around him. (although against inferior bowlers)

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2006, 11:15 AM
I like this kid 10 times than tamim. Good to see both of them getting runs though.

BanCricFan
March 3, 2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
It looks like Mehrab Jr.'s century is much more gutsy with the total collapse around him. (although against inferior bowlers)

Well, he had to face his U19 pal Ishraq Sonnet who himself bowled quite well.

Kudos to Mehrab and Tamim for his maiden FC century! Tamim has to bring down his SR to atleast around 70!;) Its FC cricket for crying out loud!:lol:

BTW, Ctg are churning out these batsmen who certainly know how to smash a cricket ball...Aftab, Tamim, Nazimuddin!

I hope Golam Rahman (if playing) gets a big century in this match. Its long over due from him!

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 5:27 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 11:51 AM
Good to see tamim and mehrab doing well in ncl... where are the other stars from under-19 like Sakib, Rakib or Shamsur Rahman

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
Looks like this pitch is too good for Golam Rahman to miss out on a century.

I've never seen this kid play and I don't know about his technical flaws, but judging from his consistancy he seems to have Dravid like focus. Mehrab Jr. might be like that too.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
finally our batsmen are learning how to play the longer version of the game and scoring some runs...... I remember in the beginning, all the teams were getting out below 200

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sadi
finally our batsmen are learning how to play the longer version of the game and scoring some runs...... I remember in the beginning, all the teams were getting out below 200

Thats true. Great improvement there.

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 12:36 PM
Surprisingly, Khulna division is missing three very talented u/19 players- Sakib, Raqib, and Dollar.

List of the U/19 cricketers playing for different divisional sides-

Tamim Iqbal (Chittagong)
Shamsur Rahman (Khulna)
Mehrab Jr (Dhaka)
Suhrawadi Shuvo (Rajshahi)
Ishraq Sonet (Barisal)
Rezaul Islam (Dhaka)
Nabil Samad (Sylhet)
Kazi Kamrul Islam (Chittagong)

List of U/19 discards playing in the league-

Nazmus Sadat (Khulna)
Aslam Khan (Khulna)
Marshal Ayub (Barisal)
Farhad Hossain (Rajshahi)

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 5:40 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 12:40 PM
Don't tell me they can't get into khulna team....... I don't think Khulna have such a good team that they can leave out players like that....

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 12:43 PM
Don't tell me they can't get into khulna team....... I don't think Khulna have such a good team that they can leave out players like that....

Saqib could play in any team he wants. Surely all 3 got personal reasons or injury.

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 12:47 PM
About Khulna, they are also missing their national players who are not in the Test squad- Rana, Razzak, and Tushar (Mashrafe, I believe, is busy working on his new bowling action with Stuart K, our national team trainer), don't know what is wrong with this side.

sadi
March 3, 2006, 12:50 PM
yeah also sumon

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
yeah also sumon
He is out of the Test squad too!!!

:lol:

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 12:59 PM
yeah also sumon
He is out of the Test squad too!!!

:lol:

I can't figure out what you mean.:-/

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 02:07 PM
I just realized that it is possible to make a Khulna team only consisting of nationals and u/19's (sometime in future obviously)-

Nazmus
Raqib
Bashar
Tushar
Sakib
Shamsur
Mashrafe (WK :lol: )
Rana
Razzak
Rasel
Dollar

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 7:08 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

nemo
March 3, 2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks Watcher. the scorecards are quite interesting. tamim made his score in 84 balls spending 132 minutes, while mehrab made his in 249 balls spending 319 minutes at the crease. WOW Tamim must be something to watch. Mehrab seems to have played for 82 overs, another JO in the making. this boy has patience. The chittagong pitch seems to be batting friendly as 2 guys made centuries another 2 fifties. mehrab was the only batter over 50.bowling wise tamim faced a stronger line-up of bowlers like Nazmul,Rezaul(U-19), hasibul and Nabil(U-19). mehrab faced Israq Sonet(u-19), Nadif choudhury, Monir hossain and hannan sarkar. the two batsmen seem to have totally diferent temperaments. Lets see how they develop?

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 02:12 PM
Don't think Mehrab is another JO in making (Nazmus might be), he just plays according to the situation.

nemo
March 3, 2006, 02:24 PM
So you reckon Mehrab is a thinking cricketeer? that would be a welcome change.

rudro
March 3, 2006, 02:26 PM
If BCB is looking for a alrounder for the test team, they should replace Alok by Mehrab Jr.

nemo
March 3, 2006, 02:35 PM
don't jump the gun, don't change Alok with Mehrab. not yet.

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rudro
If BCB is looking for a alrounder for the test team, they should replace Alok by Mehrab Jr.

Mehrab is an SLA too. How many do we need?

Enamul Jr. is too good to be overtaken by almost any BD bowlers. So is Rafiq. Rana and Rajjak are on the line but couple of notches below them.

Mehrab Jr. has to make the team as a batsman until Rafiq retires. Sort of like Rahim does until Pilot retires.

Fortuner
March 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
Bangladesh is too good at producing hell lots of slow let armers :lol:

We need great pacers...we need more Mashrafee's and its jst damn difficult..it seems..u19 pacers aint that great..former our 19 now in team..naz and shahadat..not so great either...

when r u gonna get another mashrafee???

sick of getting too many good SLA's

rudro
March 3, 2006, 05:07 PM
See Ittefaq - they reported Dhaka Centurion as Mehrab Sr. (http://ittefaq.com/news.php?id=vkytxr&sys=3)

TheWatcher
March 3, 2006, 05:13 PM
See Ittefaq - they reported Dhaka Centurion as Mehrab Sr. (http://ittefaq.com/news.php?id=vkytxr&sys=3)
While everyone else says it was junior. No surprise, it is been a while that Ittefaq has lost its standard of journalism.

Fazal
March 3, 2006, 05:13 PM

I think after u-19 world cup perfomance, they promoted him from Jr. to Sr.

Looks like the young guns are flexing their Muscle day by day.

Its all great news.:great::great:

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2006, 05:18 PM
guys who made the century and who made the 18???

Mehrab or Mehrab Jr.?

Ittefaq says Opi, Cricket archive scorecard say Jr.?

Which one is true?

sadi
March 3, 2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

haha and wat happened to opee? He became mehrab antic?

cricketboy
March 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

haha and wat happened to opee? He became mehrab antic?

Poor Opee. He was a talented player spoiled his career due to personal problems. :(

nemo
March 4, 2006, 06:36 AM
Its Junior. Score is 196 out of dhaka's 396 all out. seems h was the only guy batting.

Flipper
March 4, 2006, 10:51 AM
Mehrab is turning out to be a fire-ball! :fire:

rudro
March 4, 2006, 03:13 PM
Let him do that in two more innings......then my demand can be fulfilled during Australian tour. He is an alrounder, right? And we are desperately looking for one. Of course, for that to happen, I have to have the selection panel sacked or at the least reshuffled.

Shafin
March 4, 2006, 03:48 PM
We desparately need an allrounder with bowling other than
SLA

TheWatcher
March 4, 2006, 07:25 PM
Nazmus Sadat continues his rich form with bat, today he scored another century (117, still not out). At this point, I believe, he is the second highest scorer (471 runs so far) in the league after Ehsanul Haque.

Shamsur Rahman scored 70 runs in the same innings.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85071.html)

sadi
March 4, 2006, 08:15 PM
good to see shamsur getting some runs...

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2006, 08:51 PM
Shafaq Al Zabir looked pretty ordinary in that game.

reinausagi
March 4, 2006, 09:02 PM
Here is a u-19 rising star we are under utilizing...

newU19star (http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/07/02/20060304131209990001)

Edited on, March 5, 2006, 2:03 AM GMT, by reinausagi.

TheWatcher
March 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
True, Shafaq's stats in the longer version of the game is pretty ordinary. But, in the list-A version of the league, he is now one of the leading wicket takers , along with Mohammad Sharif. Also, he is probably the most economic pacer in the league now.

NCL stats (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/BDESH_LOCAL/NCLOD/STATS/NCL_AVS_BOWL_MOST_WKTS.html)

reinausagi
March 4, 2006, 09:50 PM
True, Shafaq's stats in the longer version of the game is pretty ordinary. But, in the list-A version of the league, he is now one of the leading wicket takers , along with Mohammad Sharif.

Speaking of which, when is Mohammad Sharif going to step out of the dog house and be invited to the Gulshan penthouse?

Edited on, March 5, 2006, 2:51 AM GMT, by reinausagi.

Edited on, March 5, 2006, 2:52 AM GMT, by reinausagi.

Fortuner
March 5, 2006, 12:51 AM
Where our u19 pacers??? dollar mahmoood, kamrul islam???
and all other???

Ejaj
March 5, 2006, 09:37 AM
If u can see.. these u19 lads are doing prett good in NCL and making regulars look ordinary. This is the reason.. why I want some of them to be drifted into our national team. The rule applied for Aus or Eng.. is not really applicable to us at the moment. may be after 4 or 5 years.. we will have a similar system. Bt.. at the moment.. some of these guys are needed to be drifted into the national squad. They have soometing.. some of our national team players dont have. So.. I vote for their inclusion :)

nemo
March 5, 2006, 09:46 AM
mehrab jr. 196 c&b nadif choudhury. played a marathon 133 overs. tough young man

pagol-chagol
March 5, 2006, 10:35 AM
The u-19 kids, after some grueling training for the world cup, have left the others in the dust. At this rate the league will have to create quota system with them, just like they do with national team players and foreign players.

I wonder how much of it is because they are suppose to be in top gear (post world cup), while the others just playing their regular game.

Shafin
March 5, 2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by reinausagi
Here is a u-19 rising star we are under utilizing...

newU19star (http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/07/02/20060304131209990001)

Edited on, March 5, 2006, 2:03 AM GMT, by reinausagi.
LOOL
is it the boy behind the git?

Shafin
March 5, 2006, 07:07 PM
Who is this Yasir Arafat,he took 6 wickets in sylhet's 1st innings.
Sabbir khan took 7 in the second innings.

arafath79
March 5, 2006, 09:40 PM
what about the pace bowlers Polash, Robin ???? R they not playing in the national league ??

sadi
March 5, 2006, 09:40 PM
nazmus sadat scored 151... this kid is pretty impressive....

TheWatcher
March 5, 2006, 10:31 PM
Edited on, March 7, 2006, 1:37 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Reason: deleted, never mind

AsifTheManRahman
March 5, 2006, 10:50 PM
you said off spinner? as in a right hand offie as opposed to a sla? i thought he was the latter, but if he is not, then i am salivating already.

BanCricFan
March 6, 2006, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
True, Shafaq's stats in the longer version of the game is pretty ordinary.

52 wkts @ 22.30 with an econ rate of 2.80 is anything but pretty ordinary!! In fact, any ave below 25.00 is considered to be top-class.

His list-A stats are abs phenomennal! Why is he not regularly considered for our A-team or even the main squad??

TheWatcher
March 6, 2006, 09:47 PM
You got me there Asif bhai, I never saw Yasin Arafat in person, my assumptions regarding him are purely based on net medias. Most of the times, Yasin is mentioned as an offspinner in match reports at various newspapers. His profile at cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56216.html) also says he is a right-arm off-break bowler. But, after a bit of reaserch, I found recent Prothom-Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=9&Date=2005-11-23) and Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/11/23/d51123040127.htm) match reports that say he is just another SLA :(

TheWatcher
March 6, 2006, 10:41 PM
Nazmus Sadat is a left hander too!!! (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56061.html)

Looks like, in future, the competition among lefties for national team's top order battings slots will be a tough one :)

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2006, 11:35 AM
Now I know why Nazmus Sadat was not included in the U-19. Because he wasn't U-19. Just few days older. I am impressed with this kid. Hope the selectors do something soon and get him into the HP sqaud.

sadi
March 7, 2006, 11:54 AM
he is good...... what i like most about him is he has the ability to stay in the middle and play a big innings..... unlike most bangladeshi batsmen

TheWatcher
March 7, 2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Now I know why Nazmus Sadat was not included in the U-19. Because he wasn't U-19. Just few days older.
No, that's not it. Otherwise Nabil Samad (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56058.html) wouldn't be able to play in the U/19 WC. As long a player was born after August 1986, he was eligible to play in the tourny. Nazmus was part of the U/19 team until the Afro-Asia cup in India, but a poor run of form in the tourny saw him out of the team.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 11:04 AM
Edited on, March 9, 2006, 4:06 PM GMT, by sadi.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 11:05 AM
Nazmus sadat came up with another gem..... another 98 this time... plus 30/3....

Marshall Ayub 50*
Mehrab 37/4 and 30 runs (not sure whether its jr or sr but pretty sure its jr cuz sr forgot how to score runs plus don't bowl)
Shafaq 19/3
Shuvo 9/3

Not a bad day for these youngsters.....

link (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=18683&iCategoryID=1)

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 7:16 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: long url

TheWatcher
March 9, 2006, 12:33 PM
Good thing about Nazmus' innings was that pace of the innings was pretty good- 98 runs out of 118 balls, SR- 83%.

Poor Rana seemed to be got slapped around by Marshal badly.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85133.html)

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 5:47 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 12:40 PM
Nazmus sadat came up with another gem..... another 98 this time... plus 30/3....

Marshall Ayub 50*
Mehrab 37/4 and 30 runs (not sure whether its jr or sr but pretty sure its jr cuz sr forgot how to score runs plus don't bowl)
Shafaq 19/3
Shuvo 9/3

Not a bad day for these youngsters.....

link (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=18683&iCategoryID=1)

Mehrab Jr. & Sr. are on the same team. Sr. could score the 30 and Jr. the wickets.

Shafaq was 6 feet 3 inches but very skinny. He could really use some muscles. Any improvement there. I saw (pacer) Manjurl's interview on TV couple of months ago and he looks quite muscular. Looks handsome too. I couldn't believe its the same old Manjurul. Actually, if I had the sound off I would have thought its someone else.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 6:01 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 7:19 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.quote

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 12:52 PM

*Manjural Islam = Manjural Islam Rana? Or this is the other one.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 12:52 PM
barisal surprisingly doing quite well this year........ its always good to have six teams where any team can beat the other teams....

TheWatcher
March 9, 2006, 12:55 PM

Check out the scorecard again, the other Manjural Islam was not in the team for the match.

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 01:03 PM

In my post about the Manzurul interview I meant the old pacer. (edited the word pacer there now, thanks.)

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
Check out the scorecard again, the other Manjural Islam was not in the team for the match.
I looked at the scorecard and there were no Rana in there. Also looked at the March 3rd - 6th scorecard. Didn't find Rana there either. Scorecard against Rajshahi (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85071.html) I am not convinced.

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2006, 01:36 PM
Ah!! I had a feeling I was getting old. Now I have clear proof. Some of my Neuron's had died in the process.

I am not sure who is hurting more now, Rana or me.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 01:38 PM
lol

rudro
March 9, 2006, 02:00 PM

Marshall Ayub 50*
Shafaq 19/3
Shuvo 9/3

1. I am quite happy to see the prospect of Nazmus Sadat to replace Golla as national opener eventually. Mehrab is also performing consistently. What should we do with these young stars to effectively groom them?

2. May be an off-topic for this thread, but what do you think about Hannan, Ehsanul and Rokon - who are performing consistently. What should be done to (not) utilize them?

3. Zahirul Islam (Rajshahi) - looks like is consistent. How old is he? Any stats?

TheWatcher
March 9, 2006, 02:11 PM

Zahirul Islam (Rajshahi) - looks like is consistent. How old is he? Any stats?
You mean Jahurul Islam?

Stats (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/45/45825/45825.html)

He was a member of BD U/17.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 02:17 PM
nazmus sadat this year

Mat Inns Not Out Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct
4 8 0 505 151 63.12 2 2 0

quite impressive

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 7:19 PM GMT, by sadi.

TheWatcher
March 9, 2006, 03:08 PM
Check out Shafaq Al Zabir's stats in the oneday version of NCL-

Mat/Ov/Mdn/Run/Wkt/Best/Ave/Eco

8 77 15 205 19 5-24 10.78 2.66

He is currently the leading wicket taker in the league (oneday version) along with Mohammad Sharif. I think he should be called up in the ODI squad for Kenya series.

sadi
March 9, 2006, 03:09 PM
the big guy is definately bowling well.....

pagol-chagol
March 9, 2006, 03:14 PM
Check out Shafaq Al Zabir's stats in the oneday version of NCL-

Mat/Ov/Mdn/Run/Wkt/Best/Ave/Eco

8 77 15 205 19 5-24 10.78 2.66

He is currently the leading wicket taker in the league (oneday version) along with Mohammad Sharif. I think he should be called up in the ODI squad for Kenya series.

With that awesome economy rate he might be able to crack the 1st call up team for Kenya. If he impresses there then who know what happens. Has anyone seen him play lately? I am glad the days of Anwar Hossain Monir , Alomgir Kobir etc. are coming to an end. Slowly and surely we are making it harder and harder for mediocre players.

sadi
March 10, 2006, 04:10 PM
Tamim is back....... this time with a quick century.... 118 from 94 balls.... fourteen 4s and four 6s.... love it :bravo:

other notable performances:

Mehrab jr- 4/142
Nazmus Sadat- 49
Shuvro- 72

Nazmus sadat is pretty impressive and consistent..... under-19s are ruling the NCL this year...... :lol:

pagol-chagol
March 10, 2006, 04:17 PM
Watcher - why did you delete your post.

You don't have to be bitter about Mushfiq. It happens to the best players in the world too.

Tamim had 2 centuries in a row.

I think the world cup and the tournament before that have taken them to a different level. Why can't our national players dominate our leagues like that?

TheWatcher
March 10, 2006, 04:23 PM
Shuvo's innings was a destructive one too, 72 runs of 73 balls that includes 11 fours, and the innings is against a good Sylheti attack.

scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85137.html)

Not trying to belittle Tamim, but BCCB need to make way better sporting wickets on Dhanmondi, our youngsters can learn very little playing on such lifeless wickets. Chittagong played in an oneday mode to score 5 runs per over in their first innings and Dhaka still could not take all 10 wickets after full days play.

scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85136.html)

TheWatcher
March 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
Watcher - why did you delete your post.

He He, trying to bury my negetive feelings....

Shafin
March 11, 2006, 12:42 AM
<table bgcolor="#CCCC99" border="0" width="100%" id="table1"> <tr> <td>Tamim scored 118 in 94 balls :joy:
where was this form in the U-19 WC? :E </td> </tr> </table>

TheWatcher
March 11, 2006, 11:11 AM
From another thread (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=16555&page=1#pid281896)
Originally posted by nemo
i saw tameems latest century, on a flat wicket with multiple lives
Sounds bad

nemo
March 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
mushfique should play in the NCL. what has happened to sakib, he is promising?

TheWatcher
March 11, 2006, 11:38 AM
Barisal-Khulna (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85138.html)

Ishraq Sonet yesterday took 3 wickets for 55 runs, today he scored a patient two and a half hour long 66 runs knock that saw his team from 6-114 to 8-257. Good going there Sonet :clap:

TheWatcher
March 11, 2006, 11:41 AM
A question for you nemo- is Yasin Arafat a right hand or a left hand bowler?

TheWatcher
March 12, 2006, 11:44 AM
Shafaq Al Zabir (not an u/19 anymore, but still quite young) took 4 wickets today.

Mehrab Jr is batting (not out) at 77.

Scorecards (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2005-06_BDESH_Ispahani_Mirzapore_Tea_National_Cricket_L eague_2005-06.html)

Edited on, March 12, 2006, 5:03 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

nemo
March 12, 2006, 11:52 AM
Yasin arafat is a right hand bowler

TheWatcher
March 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by nemo
Yasin arafat is a right hand bowler
Thanks nemo for the info.

So we finally found a qualified offspinner :fire:

TheWatcher
March 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
From DS on Tamim's batting today (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/03/14/d60314040229.htm)
[quote]There was no respite for the Dhaka attack as the left-handed opener, fresh from a 118 in the first innings, made an unbeaten 71 off 58 balls with help of 13 boundaries. He employed both force and touch to perfection to engineer an hour of mayhem as the home bowlers virtually gave up hope halfway through the Chittagong second innings, showing it in their body language.

Tamim, who shared a 78-run stand for the second wicket dominated by Gazi Salahuddin (49 off 35 balls), treated pace and spin harshly but his sound back-foot technique against paceman Mohammad Sharif was impeccable and got the southpaw four boundaries in one over.

TheWatcher
March 13, 2006, 01:27 PM
Shafaq Al Zabir took a fifer today (5/43) and finished with the match figure of 9/103.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85137.html)

pagol-chagol
March 13, 2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks Watcher

for keeping us updated.

sadi
March 13, 2006, 01:32 PM
intersting to see how ctg is fielding their side without a fast bowler... two part-time bowler opens in the innings for them... waseluddin and ehsanul haque......

tamim scored another quick fifty.... this time notout 71 from 58 balls with 13 fours

pagol-chagol
March 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
Shafaq Al Zabir took a fifer today (5/43) and finished with the match figure of 9/103.

Scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85137.html)

Interesting.

Looks like Hasibul Hossain Shanto did even better than Shafaq. He a had a 6 wicket second innings agains a much stronger Rajshahi team. Shanto is practically running away with all the top bowling stat ranks in this years league. I used to hear that this kid is not so serious about his game. What got into him?

TheWatcher
March 13, 2006, 01:52 PM
intersting to see how ctg is fielding their side without a fast bowler... two part-time bowler opens in the innings for them... waseluddin and ehsanul haque......

The DS report says the Dhanmondi pitch was very barren for bowlers, taking pacers in the team would have been wasteful here. Also, you can see how ineffective Munir and Sharif were in this match.

pagol-chagol
March 13, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yep. Even Mehrab Jr. opened bowling. Thats how barren the pitch was. I guess Tamim is a king of barren pitches.

Check out the bowling stats of the league. Shanto, Arafat and Shafaq(only 4 games) are having an awesome season.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/BDESH_LOCAL/NCL/STATS/NCL_AVS_BOWL_MOST_WKTS.html

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 7:20 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Fortuner
March 13, 2006, 02:13 PM
Tamim...

Another Al Shahriar in making.....

In u19 WC2006...nothing he did great.....b4 dat..against usa 100....

Hope he is no one like Al Shahriar....

TheWatcher
March 13, 2006, 02:19 PM
Now that you mention it p-c, Arafat Salahuddin seems to be a decent allrounder. I think he should be given a try in a List-A match against SL-A.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56274.html

pagol-chagol
March 13, 2006, 02:25 PM
Now that you mention it p-c, Arafat Salahuddin seems to be a decent allrounder. I think he should be given a try in a List-A match against SL-A.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56274.html

Neither his bowling strike rate nor his batting average or strike rate is impressive. The classified him as fast-medeim pacer though. I wonder how fast he is. Already 22+ years old. Probably over 25 and we haven't heard about him. Probably mediocre talent.

sadi
March 13, 2006, 02:26 PM

The DS report says the Dhanmondi pitch was very barren for bowlers, taking pacers in the team would have been wasteful here. Also, you can see how ineffective Munir and Sharif were in this match.

well its not the first time they did it... they are doing it for quite a while now

TheWatcher
March 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
Back to my favourite subjects- our young cubs.

Sylhet-Barisal (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85189.html)

Ishraq Sonet (Barisal) scored his first List-A fifty in his career today, 52 (74).

Nabil Samad (Sylhet) took 3-35.

Chittagong-Rajshahi (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85188.html)

Yasin Arafat took 3-27.

Dhaka-Khulna (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85187.html)

Nazmus Sadat performed an outstanding alrounding show by taking 4 wickets for 59 and scoring 55 runs of 45 balls. So, the boy knows how to pace his innings according to match situations!

Edited on, March 16, 2006, 6:49 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

sadi
March 16, 2006, 01:54 PM
just wanna add... mehrab jr 21 (25) and 46/3

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2006, 02:03 PM
Uttom sarkar ki jinish bhai? 100 balls 124 runs? Is he the younger brother of hannan? According to the stats his last two years stricking rate was 50% in first class cricket. is he facing volley balls instead of cricket ball nowadays?

SS
March 16, 2006, 02:28 PM
stats are good now we need implementations..what do with these 'gems' ...throw them away or turn them to 'gold'...
history of BD rarely took initiative beside U19 development...after that they just leave it the "coach"...when they are in their youth age they just forget to nurture these kids...rather they should send them to batting coaches around the world or to MRF for short incentive training.
Right now is the time to send Musfiq,Saaqib,Tamim,Jr, Sonnet, nabil, Yasin to next LEVEL..and their elder brothers Nafees, Nafis,Aftab, Ash, Shahadat even masrafee to advance level training in cricket academy in england or australia or even lanka. Not sure if MRF (India) will help us.

So, even though these youngster making good show, our CL is not upto the standard of international level where they have to prove themselves eventually.

arafath79
March 16, 2006, 02:48 PM
:bravo:

pagol-chagol
March 16, 2006, 03:20 PM
Wow Nazmus Sadat!

Shanto had another 5 wickets and Man of the Match. Whats going on with him?

Is he having the best domestic season ever by a pacer?

On placid pitches he's getting one fifer after another.

sadi
March 16, 2006, 03:21 PM
I think he is on juice :lol:

TheWatcher
March 18, 2006, 12:40 PM
The cub of the day- Marshal Ayub, today he scored his maiden first class century in style, 107 runs of 97 balls with 14 fours and 2 sixes.

Barisal-Sylhet (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85199.html)

Young Farhad Hossain took four wickets today with his gentle medium pace (even though CI says he is an offie, I have reasons to believe he is not a spinner). Mainly a top order batsman (scored 479 runs in the league so far), he is proving himself quite handy with ball also.

Rajshahi-Chittagong (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85198.html)

Edited on, March 18, 2006, 5:45 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

BanCricFan
March 19, 2006, 04:48 AM
Congrats to "air-field" Marshal for his maiden ton!:bravo:

TheWatcher
March 19, 2006, 01:24 PM
In a stunning alround show, Marshal Ayub today took six wickets after scoring his maiden FC century in the last innings. His figures-

O/M/R/W- 33.2 6 90 6

Golam Rahman scored 88 in the same innings.

Barisal-Sylhet (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/85/85199.html)

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2006, 02:36 PM
What got into him?