PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for a Win, but Ready for a Disaster too

babubangla
February 23, 2006, 03:00 PM
We all are hoping for the second consecutive in the 3rd and final ODI.
A series win against Sri Lanka would be just sweet!!!

But I think we should also put some limit on our expectation.
Now we have a team which can win a match almost in every other series.
But winning matches regularly!!—I guess our team is not quite there yet.
So, a win will be wonderful. Loss after a good fight should be OK too. And a disastrous loss is also a possibility.

With all hopes aside, we should also be ready for all possible outcomes. Getting a heavy beating in the hands on the Sri Lankans is a very reasonable possibility. Usually after a win, our bowling brings in the disaster. We were in similar situation twice before. First time against India in 2004 where we conceded 348 runs in the very next match after a win. The same thing happened again in 2005 in NatWest Series. After a win against Australia, our bowlers were hammered by England who scored a mammoth score of 391.

So, I am hoping for a win, but mentally ready for 350+ beating by the Sri Lankans.
Such a mental preparation will save us from reading many frustrated threads cursing and yelling at our players.

Fazal
February 23, 2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by babubangla
but mentally ready for 350+ beating by the Sri Lankans

Low expectation ta ektu beshy low hoye gelo na?

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 03:10 PM
No disaster . Those black days of our cricket has gone . So many people here very realistic but when I have seen the interview on TV before the 2nd match started in Bogra . Each and every supporters said only one word ;

"Bangladesh will win today "

As they did . Sometimes support of the people works a lot and it's already proven . If we play real good we can win any series after winning against Srilanka . We did feild well but still we missed few catches , imagine if we would have had those catches and run outs then Srilanka wouldn't have reached 200 in their dreams . Hopefully we will do it for the next match . That's a Big Chance and it won't come often . I won't be surprised if we win against the 7th ranking team in odi of recent times .

babubangla
February 23, 2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
but mentally ready for 350+ beating by the Sri Lankans
Low expectation ta ektu beshy low hoye gelo na?

I did not mean a loss by 350 runs.
350+ score by Sri Lanka is very much a possibility.
Just like India's 348 and England's 391.

Ahmed_B
February 23, 2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
Each and every supporters said only one word ;

As they did . Sometimes support of the people works a lot and it's already proven ...
Well... thats not the 'inside story' really!

After the humilliating defeat in 1st match... all the present fans in Bogra stadium actually started calling for heads of everyone on the team. They shouted that the national side should be sacked and the U-19 side should be nominated to play in the next match! And they were saying it loud so the team can hear it all clear! :D
(It's the truth... newspapers reported it!)

Now do u realize what made the whole team come back to hearth and play with some sense in the 2nd ODI? (and maybe with some fear to of getting a 'gonopituni' from the crazy crowd!)

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 8:26 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

gravitY
February 23, 2006, 03:28 PM
ekhono Ashabadi:fanflag:

Mahmood
February 23, 2006, 03:28 PM
There is one difference with the examples you gave and this time.

India lost simply because they under estimated us. England was already killing us, and the win was against Australia, where did not lose that bad in the next match.

This time, it is the bowling that won us the match. The bowling was not a fluke as we did very good bolwing in the first match also.

babubangla
February 23, 2006, 03:29 PM
No disaster . Those black days of our cricket has gone . So many people here very realistic but when I have seen the interview on TV before the 2nd match started in Bogra . Each and every supporters said only one word ;

As they did . Sometimes support of the people works a lot and it's already proven . If we play real good we can win any series after winning against Srilanka . We did feild well but still we missed few catches , imagine if we would have had those catches and run outs then Srilanka wouldn't have reached 200 in their dreams . Hopefully we will do it for the next match . That's a Big Chance and it won't come often . I won't be surprised if we win against the 7th ranking team in odi of recent times .

High level of Enthusiasm is good as long as you have good control over them. I feel encouraged and motivated by your enthusiasm. But when I look back to your (mahrookh and hkoorham) comments on our disappointing performance in the 1st ODI match thread, I become afraid of such level of enthusiasm.

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 03:29 PM
Probably you forgot to watch the news of NTV and Channel I before the match started even the kids under 8/9 said ;

"Bangladesh Will Today"

All the people still on the gates of the stadium till then and cheering for Bangladesh .

Rubu
February 23, 2006, 03:30 PM
In this case, lets all of us sign a petition to the national team (notice: not BCCB, national team) and which addresses BCCB and ask them to change the current team with the u19 team. mashallah, that would work and will have a series win. ;)

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 03:32 PM
I feel encouraged and motivated by your enthusiasm. But when I look back to your (mahrookh and hkoorham) comments on our disappointing performance in the 1st ODI match thread, I become afraid of such level of enthusiasm.

I don't get the other name you put on :) "hkoorham" . I don't even know that person in my life so far but i can bet this 2 ip's from 2 different countries. If not sure then please make sure from the mods .

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 8:33 PM GMT, by mahrookh.

pagol-chagol
February 23, 2006, 03:32 PM
Probability:

Lose Badly 75%.
Lose Respectibly 20%
Win 3%.
Rain, Tie, Keyamot, Rapture 2%.

Sunday's newspaper headline in every newspaper (same headline everywhere):

Lions eat Tiger 95%
Tigers eat Lion 3%
Anything unimportant 2%
Anything important 0%.

Bangladeshlive.net buffering to death 100%

Both parties agreein on something on Shongshod the next day: 3%.

Someone opening a game thread more than 24 hours before it starts: 50%

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 8:40 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Reason: spelling as usually

pagol-chagol
February 23, 2006, 03:34 PM
Mahrookh - are you really "Dhuka"?

mahrookh
February 23, 2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Mahrookh - are you really "Dhuka"?

who is that ? anyway I am noone except a true bangladeshi cricket fan . if we loose then still i support my country if we win still i support my country . The name you mentioned I don't even know in my life again . Don't know why people saying all these names to me :)

Anyway guys lets carry on . Now we will be talking after winning the match :)

A very Good Luck to Srilankan Supporters as they need some :)

The whole country is backing Bangladesh . Whatever it's ! Don't worry bangladesh , you do have some true supporters to back you so , carry on and forget those people who have been critising you guys so far as a Bangladeshi supporter by name .

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 8:49 PM GMT, by mahrookh.

pagol-chagol
February 23, 2006, 03:43 PM

A very Good Luck to Srilankan Supporters as they need some :)

Man, even Dhuka wouldn's say something like that.:P

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2006, 03:51 PM
...before the match started even the kids under 8/9 said ;

"Bangladesh Will Today"

We all need to be as enthusiastic as Mr. Mahrookh and his above friends. :)

billah
February 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Probability:

Lose Badly 75%.
Lose Respectibly 20%
Win 3%.
Rain, Tie, Keyamot, Rapture 2%.

Sunday's newspaper headline in every newspaper (same headline everywhere):

Lions eat Tiger 95%
Tigers eat Lion 3%
Anything unimportant 2%
Anything important 0%.

Bangladeshlive.net buffering to death 100%

Both parties agreein on something on Shongshod the next day: 3%.

Someone opening a game thread more than 24 hours before it starts: 50%

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 8:40 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Reason: spelling as usually

Pagol chagol er matha ashole pura thik ache...bhonita koira lav nai pagol miah, 100% realism there..:up:

babubangla
February 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
Excerpt from the 1st ODI match thread. Just something to think about this identity denial issue:

Originally posted by ZunaidH
So what's up with "hkooraham" (reverse of maharookh") talking to himself mahrookh? Is this some kind of "loosing game syndrome"?

Originally posted by hkooraham
Originally posted by ZunaidH
So what's up with "hkooraham" (reverse of maharookh") talking to himself mahrookh? Is this some kind of "loosing game syndrome"?
Yeh ! Dead right, you are !
The names is the mirror image as my thinking's the opposite. That's what inspired my nickname.
:fanflag:

Ahmed_B
February 23, 2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
In this case, lets all of us sign a petition to the national team (notice: not BCCB, national team) and which addresses BCCB and ask them to change the current team with the u19 team. mashallah, that would work and will have a series win. ;)
I am sure it will work like Magic! ;)

BD always performed well when their back was against the wall due to high level of 'international & domestic criticism'

It is the only time they realize that 'valo na khelle khobor ase!' :D

pagol-chagol
February 23, 2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Originally posted by Rubu
I am sure it will work like Magic! ;)

BD always performed well when their back was against the wall due to high level of 'international & domestic criticism'

It is the only time they realize that 'valo na khelle khobor ase!' :D

Exactly. Thats the only thing that works for them. Kick in the butt.

They are so complacent now, after this win, that anything less than a disaster will prove that they have overcome a huge mental block.

Shafin
February 24, 2006, 04:42 AM
TheWatcher
Chance that Shark_fin opening the thread before Zunaid bhai even gets a chance and thus being bashed by BC members- 80%
Rest assured,i am a fan,not a maniac and i respect others' values.

Asif
February 24, 2006, 05:18 AM
I dont think srilanka would be able to pile up runs like +/-350

But they scoring 270-280 is a possibility.. in that case our chance of winning would be less then 20%

If we bat first.. we have to score 250+ to put up a real fight but still a winning chance would be 50%

We have to watch for jayasuriya, sangakara and jayawardane... if we can get them out cheaply.. winning is ours :flag:

thebest
February 24, 2006, 06:10 AM
I do not think SL would score 350+. I do not think they would score even 280. It would be below that. No body has any doubt that India has the best and most explosive batting line up in the world. Shewag, Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, Yovi , Dhoni bring fear even to the best of the bowling attack and capable of scoring 300+ run on any given day againest any given opponent at thier best. BD bowling line up on that Mash, Shanto, Mushfiq, Sujon, Aftab and Rajin would not bring fear even to first class team of Bangladesh. In England the whose BD bowlers were traumatised by the english batsmen. Actually all most all of them were peaking. It compounded by injury to Taposh, inexperiece of Naz. With BD beating Aus, English take extra caution. This resulted the run flood. Fortunately for us neither SL team's batting is formidable nor they are at the peak of theri form. Plus owr bowling attack is not as poor as on that decembor day.

babubangla
February 25, 2006, 12:51 PM
So at last..to some extent.. Same old story again.
A win is followed by devastating batting by the opponent.
So, as predicted, the tally stands: India: 348, England: 391, and Sri Lanka: 309.