PDA

View Full Version : আমি বিজয় দেখছি

thebest
February 24, 2006, 01:17 AM
Do you know what I think? we are going to win the series.
Reasons
1. Our team plays well when nobody expecting. We are expecting them to lose. No body is believing that we are going to win the match.
2. Usually our batsman performs well two innings at a row. After 250/5 we score 223 before that after 223 againest India we score 245 and in case Zimbo we all know
3. Tapash would be on fire. Forget about Chacha. He is the real fighter. After the ignomony he faced I think he would be fired up.
3. SL is on pressure to win the series. These SL side is inexperienced and would falter under pressure. Also the senior pro like Jaya repeatdly failed to perform when in pressure. Same goes for evn Jayasuria. In pressure sitution he usually fail. In important matches facing home side his average is only 16.4 with a highest score of 30 though it reaches to 33 if we consider non-home side in neutral value. I consider important match as knockout match in any tournamnet and also those match where the series is level and 1 to play for when the series is level. With the exception of Sanga and Dilshan no body prove to play well in pressure sitution.
4. Ok this may be anectodal or some thing superstious but all the good things for Bangladesh started from Chittagong. The list include the declaration of 6 point demand, the declaration of independence, the first test win, pilot project of micro-credit. We know that the decideing match would be in Chittagong. Our first creditable one day series win would be also in Chittagong

জয়বাংলা।বাংলাদেশ জিন্দাবাদ।

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 6:35 AM GMT, by Nasif.
Reason: Title size fix

Ehsan
February 24, 2006, 01:34 AM
It would be a dream come true!

The things you mentioned about Tapash are true. I don't understand why some people are writting him off. Is it because he was giving away too many extras for some time? He has the pace, experience and technique. He takes wickets. He was instrumental in our win against Australia. All he needs to do is fix his line and length. I believe he will be able to do it, just needs some practice and to gain back his form. Its all possible!

Lasker
February 24, 2006, 01:38 AM
Haha...looks like no way we can lose~!

what won us 2nd match u know.....I feel its not bowling, not batting....its fielding. I think fielding palyed the most important role to win the match. Teams like us must have gud and tight fielding to win any match. U remember fielding was very gud in the match we killed Aussie. So if the boys can have another gud show of fielding I think we gonna get it~!..Inshallah~~!

Bashar claimed before the series- our fielding improved a lot, in the 2nd match they proved it. It would be greatest thing added in our cricket if its true and if they can keep going~~ heard fielding coach Salahuddin is the main architect of this fielding improvement...LAL SALAM to Salahuddin.

Ehsan
February 24, 2006, 01:39 AM
As I mentioned about Tapash's technique, check this out:

Gem of a slow delivery. In Nasif' bhai's own word : "The Art of Slow Delivery". :)
http://www.banglacricket.com/files/gallery/albums/nasif/tapash_slower.gif

Batsman is completely decieved. The slow ball was not obvious from his running& bowling action, he was firing up as he would bowl a faster delivery. The guy is pretty smart to say the least, uses his brain well. Knows what he has to do to take wickets.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 6:50 AM GMT, by Ehsan.

Sauron
February 24, 2006, 01:46 AM
আরো একটা জিনিস আপ্‌নারা কেউ খেয়াল করেছেন কিনা জানিনা। আমার ধারনা যে এই প্রথম সীমিত ওভার এর খেলা প্রথম হচ্ছে, আর পরে টেস্ট।

অন্যান্য সিরিজে টেস্টগুলোতে বাংলাদেশ হেরে ভুত হয়ে তারপরে যখন সীমিত ওভার-এর খেলা শুরু হতো, তখন টীম-এর অবস্থা আগেই কাহিল।

এইবার ও ডি আই গুলোতে মনোবল চাঙ্গা করে যখন টেস্ট শুরু হবে, আমার ধারনা আমরা ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সিরিজ এর প্রথম টেস্টটার মতো হাড্ডাহাড্ডি লড়াই দেখতে পাবো।

PoorFan
February 24, 2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Sauron

আরো একটা জিনিস আপ্‌নারা কেউ খেয়াল করেছেন কিনা জানিনা। আমার ধারনা যে এই প্রথম সীমিত ওভার এর খেলা প্রথম হচ্ছে, আর পরে টেস্ট।

অন্যান্য সিরিজে টেস্টগুলোতে বাংলাদেশ হেরে ভুত হয়ে তারপরে যখন সীমিত ওভার-এর খেলা শুরু হতো, তখন টীম-এর অবস্থা আগেই কাহিল।

এইবার ও ডি আই গুলোতে মনোবল চাঙ্গা করে যখন টেস্ট শুরু হবে, আমার ধারনা আমরা ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সিরিজ এর প্রথম টেস্টটার মতো হাড্ডাহাড্ডি লড়াই দেখতে পাবো।

Not true, last SL tour was ODI first and then test, as far I know. If you meant home series then I am not sure.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 6:57 AM GMT, by PoorFan.

mahrookh
February 24, 2006, 01:55 AM
Amio Bijoy dekhschi .

As "Ashraful" said only "Jayasuriya , Sangakarra and Jayawardeney" to get and then we can win easily .

Shahriar Nafees said ; It's a not new thing to me winning anymore as we are getting it so often these days :)

Habibul Bahsar said ; That's the biggest chance to win the series against the former world champs .

What else we want ? That's enough . InshaAllah we will have another big upset in the world cricket history by winning the series caz batting first won't be easy on that picth according to the cruator of that pitch .

So , Go for a big win this time .

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 7:00 AM GMT, by mahrookh.

mahrookh
February 24, 2006, 01:57 AM
Whoever Still supporting Srilanka and saying Bangladesh can't win they should go and support Srilanka caz they need some supporters now caz the whole country is backing Bangladesh . Bangladesh obviously have more people than Srilanka have . So , our supporters are way too many :)

Good Luck The Srilankans but hopefully it won't work in next 48 hours :(

sunniath
February 24, 2006, 02:16 AM
jetar jonno shobar age chai zunaid bhai er thread.tarpor hoilo player r baki shob kichu.

thebest
February 24, 2006, 02:59 AM
ye I would add it after Dr Z open the thread

Spitfire_x86
February 24, 2006, 09:02 AM
এখনো কি বিজয় দেখতে পাচ্ছেন? :P

thebest
February 24, 2006, 10:43 AM
আমি সহজ বিজয় দেখছিলাম। আপনার কল্যনে এখন একটু কঠিন হবে এই আর কি? কিন্তু বিজয় আমি দেখছি।

Asif
February 24, 2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
mahrookh, good to see that you are being so super-positive. But how about super negetive hkooraham? Are you going to assign him to support poor Lankans? :lol:

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 7:06 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.

:great: :great: :great:

Asif
February 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sunniath
jetar jonno shobar age chai zunaid bhai er thread.tarpor hoilo player r baki shob kichu.

Boooooooooooooo :duh:

fwullah
February 24, 2006, 11:28 AM
Well I think that what won us is not the batting, not the bowling, also not the fielding, it is the criticism of our players for playing so badly in the first match - our first International match against Sri Lanka at home, and yet we failed to show any sort of patriotism in our first match; and this criticism by us (as well as others' criticisms like Ponting's remarks, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram's comments during and after the first match) made our players determined enough to win the 2nd match.

Fazal
February 24, 2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by thebest
3. Tapash would be on fire. Forget about Chacha. He is the real fighter. After the ignomony he faced I think he would be fired up.

I just hope he doesn't get too much fired ...he need to be cool like cucumber. In ODI he need to bowl like ODI (deciplined bowling) and minimize extras.

But agree... he has the potential to be key player in the game by taking timely wicket.

rudro
February 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
Lets Ashraful extend his form to at least one more game this series - the way he did it in England. We will win for sure then.

Ahmed_B
February 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
Well I think that what won us is not the batting, not the bowling, also not the fielding, it is the criticism of our players for playing so badly in the first match - our first International match against Sri Lanka at home, and yet we failed to show any sort of patriotism in our first match; and this criticism by us (as well as others' criticisms like Ponting's remarks, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram's comments during and after the first match) made our players determined enough to win the 2nd match.
Agreed!
This is my very personal and strong belief also..specially I think the 'Ponting' comment rubbed some extra sault in the wound.

rudro
February 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
বিজয় আসছে, না চলে যাচ্ছে, ভাইয়া?

Spitfire_x86
February 24, 2006, 04:07 PM
চলে গেছে। আমি ম্যাচ থ্রেড খুলে বিজয়কে এই ম্যাচের জন্য একেবারে চিরবিদায় দিয়ে দিয়েছি। ;)

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 9:08 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

FagunerAgun
February 24, 2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ehsan
As I mentioned about Tapash's technique, check this out:

Gem of a slow delivery. In Nasif' bhai's own word : "The Art of Slow Delivery". :)
http://www.banglacricket.com/files/gallery/albums/nasif/tapash_slower.gif

Batsman is completely decieved. The slow ball was not obvious from his running& bowling action, he was firing up as he would bowl a faster delivery. The guy is pretty smart to say the least, uses his brain well. Knows what he has to do to take wickets.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 6:50 AM GMT, by Ehsan.

Thanks for the clip..that is a very memorable out..

rudro
February 24, 2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
চলে গেছে। আমি ম্যাচ থ্রেড খুলে বিজয়কে এই ম্যাচের জন্য একেবারে চিরবিদায় দিয়ে দিয়েছি। ;)

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 9:08 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
আমি তোর 'কলজে' খাব, হা...
:lol::lol::lol:

sar2005
February 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
If you see Bashar, Ashraful and Aftab is in form......
I can see a win definitely. Bcos I have full confidence on our bowling side and the young fielding side. You gotta be in run to win a match.

Great to see that we are getting used to the wins. WIN has to become a habit. Let's hope for the best.