PDA

View Full Version : Businessman and Nascer

bangla_amar
June 12, 2003, 08:41 PM
...very much nascer bhai....it gives me lots of pleasure to meet you guys and exchange views!

Ehsan
June 12, 2003, 10:54 PM
O only Nascer will do !
Bhai is too formal. ;)
Nascer you should thank me now... I have told him wt u wanted to.

[Edited on 13-6-2003 by ehsan]

Tehsin
June 13, 2003, 11:37 AM
Virginia Tech is about 2/3 hours from me. DC'r dikey aashle, let me know.

Rho
June 14, 2003, 12:59 PM
Oi!!! I'm from Richmond, VA. HA HA.
My dad's got many friends here at Norfolk. Last time I heard there are about 100 Bangladeshis part of a Bangladeshi Association here (in the Richmond area, about 3/4 yrs ago, I bet it's grown since). And there are many (including myself) who are not even part of that.

Tehsin
June 14, 2003, 06:19 PM
about 3 and a half hours away from me. Noy bad, I'm about 20 miles from DC.

Pundit
June 14, 2003, 07:58 PM
I am 20 mi from dc too. I am 5 mi east of Dulles airport.

Did you know Tehsin, they have a very competitive league here.

I case you don't know already, I can tell you which Bengali bhai you can contact for more info.

Unfortunately, the intense rigor of my job doesn't allow me to do much - I usually spen the weekend recuperating. Cricket is just to heavy a game for me to play. Besides, professionally speaking (job point of view), the return is zero.

Too bad I think like that.

:(

DOORBIN
June 15, 2003, 04:18 PM
Pundit,

As far as I can remember, this is the longest post you have written. Good one!!!

-- The man from Mars

Pundit
June 18, 2003, 03:21 PM
Yes, I am learning from everybody !!

Thank you, Sir !!

sheshprohor
June 18, 2003, 06:56 PM
None is from Toronto Eh..?

Sorry to post late.
I am from batch 85 SSC from Dhaka Govt Lab, 87 from Dhaka college.

Welcome Nas.

Prohor

Ehsan
June 18, 2003, 07:27 PM
Hey man I'm from Toronto, Upal is also from Toronto. I guess u never checked Toronto in da place of location beside my posts.

Don't feel you are left out.:)

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by ehsan]

sheshprohor
June 19, 2003, 07:08 AM
Yaaa...we still exist :D

Prohor

Ehsan
June 19, 2003, 02:45 PM
Where do u live Prohor? Did u study here or studying here?

sheshprohor
June 19, 2003, 04:51 PM
I have finished my masters and now working....high tech kamla.

Living in Toronto.
:)

Prohor

Ehsan
June 19, 2003, 06:13 PM
Man I know toronto but which area?

sheshprohor
June 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
Markham in toronto.

Prohor

rafiq
June 25, 2003, 04:28 PM
bangla_amar: nice to see a fellow hoki on board. I went to grad school there 89-91 in Comp Science and also Pamplin for my MBA. How large is the Bangladeshi contingent in Blacksburg these days?

bangla_amar
July 2, 2003, 01:27 PM
Wow...great to know that Rafiq bhai! When I first came in Blacksburg, it was like 40. Now with the visa situation, barely any new students coming in....with families it is now like 25.

I really like blacksburg and if you plan to come to visit sometime you are most welcome...

bangla_amar
July 2, 2003, 01:31 PM
Tehsin, thanks for the invitation.

We play cricket occasionaly with tennis ball. During the summer nobody is around.. :mad:

May be you guys can come and we can play the great game of cricket again!

rafiq
July 2, 2003, 01:52 PM
bangla amar:

when I was there I had a great mentor in prf saifur rahman in the EE dept. He is well known authority in alternative energy and I think has by now moved on to the National Science Foundation in DC. He really helped make Blacksburg more bearable than it was, I hope you have other people stepping up to fill those roles. When I got there I had just come down from 4 years in the West Virginia wilderness (Wesleyan) and needed to get to a big city again. So when a CS assistantship came along, I moved to the Northern Virginia center that Tech has with UVA. But you are right, Blacksburg is very cool. And I guess we will be beating up on UVA even more now with the move to the ACC!