PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Competing in "Man of the Series" in a World cup!!

sar2005
February 24, 2006, 08:29 AM
I know guys this is not a right time to request your attention from BD Vs. SL series to something else in Cricket. But I thought we must need to know it and be proud of this -

"Pujara, who has already played first-class cricket for Saurashtra, finished as the leading run-scorer in the 16-team event with 349 runs (1 hundred and 2 fifties) at an average of 116.33. He polled nine votes during the course of the tournament to finish two points clear of Bangladesh duo captain Mushfiqur Rahim and all-rounder Mehrab Hossain."

Source: http://www.asiancricket.org

This is absolutely encouraging to see that we have individuals in junior cricket who are among the bests in the whole world. Who would think 5 years ago that a Bangladeshi cricketer can fight for such an honor? It is for sure that there is no lacks of talents in the country who can easily lead a cricket crazy nation to a position from where they would be dominating the whole world. Now the question is how we groom them.

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2006, 08:35 AM
Great piece of news. If someone performs no matter at what stage that is, he will be recognized.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 1:36 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sar2005
February 24, 2006, 08:56 AM
Not sure what exactly you mean by recognition. But I don't think it would be wise to put them infront of the big guns right away. If anyone thinks to give them a chance in playing against Australia in April, it should not be wise. Probably we can be little bit selective by allowing them to play against Kenya, Zimbabwe or A team from any other test nation.

I know some may think that playing against big guys will give them confidence. But what if they fail at the begaining? They may then go backwards for 2/3 years!! Like the good performance can boost the confidence of these new players, it can be other way around as well. So why to take risk? Develop in a proper process. Agree??

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 8:51 PM GMT, by sar2005.

sar2005
February 24, 2006, 04:35 PM
Still more than 5 hours to go for the BD/SL match. Thought we can have a discussion on this.

Do you guys agree to bring this two u19 fellow(Mushfiqur Rahim and Mehrab Hossain) in national side to play in upcoming Kenya serries?

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 01:07 PM
Cats_eye, you seem to be exactly right. Mushfiq got awarded. How about Mehrab Jr.? He scored a 196 in last round NCL. I think both of them(Mushfiq and Mehrab) should be picked against Kenya.

Recognition means inspiration which is good for our cricket. Let them to play against Ken, nothing more. Once mission Kenya is over, place them in 'A' team for a while before picking them as a regular in national squad. It would be a great encouragement for the other juniors and it will prove again -

If someone performs no matter at what stage that is, he will be recognized.

Unquote

Umar
March 6, 2006, 02:32 PM
i agree

brikonwall
March 6, 2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by sar2005
Cats_eye, you seem to be exactly right. Mushfiq got awarded. How about Mehrab Jr.? He scored a 196 in last round NCL. I think both of them(Mushfiq and Mehrab) should be picked against Kenya.

Recognition means inspiration which is good for our cricket. Let them to play against Ken, nothing more. Once mission Kenya is over, place them in 'A' team for a while before picking them as a regular in national squad. It would be a great encouragement for the other juniors and it will prove again -

If someone performs no matter at what stage that is, he will be recognized.

Unquote
I have never heard or read such oxymoron type paragraph in my life...ha ha ha. So, you want BD to recognize the two young lads by including them in team against Kenya, then once that tour is past, throw them back to where they were?...you have to be kidding me when you used the work "recognition". What if they perform really good against Kenya? Or more so, why recognize them like this at this moment? Didn't we recognize a LOT of young lads like them in the past? Most of them didn't get inspired. If you want me to give you example, I will say you know nothing about BD cricket.

sar2005
March 6, 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by brikonwall
[quote]Originally posted by sar2005
Didn't we recognize a LOT of young lads like them in the past? Most of them didn't get inspired. If you want me to give you example, I will say you know nothing about BD cricket.

You r right. I really don't know much about cricket, let alone BD cricket. I joined BC in 2005 to learn cricket as well as BD cricket. But was not much active just before last one month or little more. I have been studying all the posts in BC for last one year and thanks to BC friends, I think I have started to understand this game a bit.

My point was allowing them to play against weaker teams. When a player in ENG gets an international cap at 27, we all call him a youngstar. But here we are talking about kids of 17/19.

By the way, give me a few example :lol:

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2006, 03:07 PM
Mushfiq is a different cat. Even if he is ignored some how i have a feeling he will force himself in into our Test or ODI. About Mehrab Jr. 196 out is a great knock for sure but at this time this performance can only get him into the A team along with Nazmus Sadat. We have too many waiting in the pipeline not many spot. Must screen the real ones from the fake ones.

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 9:24 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

brikonwall
March 6, 2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sar2005
You r right. I really don't know much about cricket, let alone BD cricket. I joined BC in 2005 to learn cricket as well as BD cricket. But was not much active just before last one month or little more. I have been studying all the posts in BC for last one year and thanks to BC friends, I think I have started to understand this game a bit.

My point was allowing them to play against weaker teams. When a player in ENG gets an international cap at 27, we all call him a youngstar. But here we are talking about kids of 17/19.

By the way, give me a few example :lol:

You are really funny. When one has the knowledge to suggest inclusion of players in a team, don't you think the same person should have knowledge about the inspired failures also? He, who doesn't, should do more research and read more posts for a longer period of time. Oh, the "inspired failures" names will come up in the process.

mshakir56
March 6, 2006, 04:51 PM
Mushfiqur Rahma, there is no doubt in my mind that he has great potentials for our team, but he still needs to improve, because he didn't make any centuries in Srilanka.

Fazal
March 6, 2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56
Mushfiqur Rahma, there is no doubt in my mind that he has great potentials for our team, but he still needs to improve, because he didn't make any centuries in Srilanka.

How many BD players (representing Bangladesh) scored a century against quality opponents in ODI playing in 5/6 slot? Just wondering....

nemo
March 7, 2006, 12:43 AM
looking at the stats, Mehrab got 13 wickets bowling 35 overs in 5 matches while the top wicket -taker got 16 in 50 overs. Mehrab did not bowl against Uganda and only bowled two overs in the last match. Moreover mehrab singlehandedly ensured our victory with NZ, making it easier for the team to qualify. So when we say mushfique is tough we should also recognize that mehrab is a match winner and tough too. I like the way Mushfique bats but all the hype surronding seems to be centred round his Lords debut which I believe has to do more with Bogra politics then his ability. Even if he hadn;t scored in his debut would have no reflection on his ability similiar to his scoring 19 should not mean much. Rather as a cricketeer after getting 19 he should have settled and scored more. I believe performance-wise Mehrab and mushfique are at parr. Rather as a complete all-rounder I would prefer mehrabs inclusion in the national team earlier thern Mushfique. mehrab has played for The Bang_a team in England and did reasonably better then Alok, rajin in that tour.

sar2005
March 7, 2006, 04:43 AM
I think Mushfiq is definitely going to be included in playing 11 for the 2nd test (as he is already in the list of 12). Let's hope this guy prove his ability, temperament and quality this time. I definitely believe he has a good strong brain on a weak shoulder. Good luck to Rahim!!

Mehrab Jr. is one of the very rare BD player who performs with both bat and ball consistently. This guy is definitely talented and eventually will do a lot for BD cricket. Let's hope he continues his great run with bat and ball. It was amazing to see a 18 year old guy scoring 236 runs (196 + 40) in a single match!! We will definitely see him soon in international cricket.

Edited on, March 7, 2006, 9:45 AM GMT, by sar2005.