PDA

View Full Version : Rajin and Nazmul OUT! Manjar Rana & Tapash In!

Shakalaka
February 24, 2006, 03:20 AM
Just heard on NTV~!

Shakalaka
February 24, 2006, 03:25 AM
Bangladesh squad:

12th man Squad

Habibul Bashar (captain)
Khaled Mashud
Javed Omar
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Manjural Islam Rana
Syed Rasel
Tapash Baisya.

whos going to be super sub?

sabbir ahmad
February 24, 2006, 03:26 AM
super sub:Tapash Baisya.

Mon
February 24, 2006, 03:39 AM
Good move indeed.

tanvir_nus
February 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
Would rather have rana as the super sub and tapash in the team instead of nazmul. But ommitting Saleh and Nazmul is a very good decision and bringing back Rana is even better. Always been a supporter of Rana's inclusion in the team. But not sure about taposh, his economy rate has always been bad. What happenned to Rajib???

Lasker
February 24, 2006, 04:09 AM
Gud move indeed but super sub must be Rana. Can't afford to take ricks Tapash as super sub.

If we win the toss, most probably going to field first, so a bowling super sub will be totally useless. And going to match with two pacers wud be higly risky. Rana as supersub would be useful either way batting or fielding first.

nannu
February 24, 2006, 04:14 AM
if fielding first let tapash ball 5 over than bring rana in.
if batting first let rana bat and than let him ball 5 overs than bring tapash in.

nannu
February 24, 2006, 04:16 AM
our only headache is now who is gonna be the 3rd position batsman, cause nobody did good job in this position. bashar did good job once upon a time but that is long ago.

Lasker
February 24, 2006, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by nannu
our only headache is now who is gonna be the 3rd position batsman, cause nobody did good job in this position. bashar did good job once upon a time but that is long ago.

I would prefer Aftab as one down if we bat first. If we bat next I would like to gamble playing Rafique or Masrafe considering RRR, if RRR is less we play Pilot or Rana.

howzatt!
February 24, 2006, 04:28 AM
if batting first let rana bat and than let him ball 5 overs than bring tapash in.

interesting. not a bad idea at all. however if tapash bowls first 5 overs well, we could give him more than 5 overs and bring rana in for batting. kapali is available as a back up spinner. however if pitch is spinner friendly and tapash is not doing well, we could give more than 5 overs to rana. i like your idea.

Lasker
February 24, 2006, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by howzatt!

interesting. not a bad idea at all. however if tapash bowls first 5 overs well, we could give him more than 5 overs and bring rana in for batting. kapali is available as a back up spinner. however if pitch is spinner friendly and tapash is not doing well, we could give more than 5 overs to rana. i like your idea.

To make this happen Rana shud be the super sub not Tapash. But seems managemnt is going for Tapash as super sub~

sadi
February 24, 2006, 09:32 AM

that doesnt make sense.... you have to choose your supersub before the toss and you cant choose both... so you have to decide who you wanna use as the supersub... if you choose tapash... then bowling first you have to forget about him cuz we will need rana's batting... batting first however would allow us to use him

using rana as supersub, you can let tapash bowl 5-6 over and then bring rana...

green_cat
February 24, 2006, 09:37 AM
difinitely a good move...i like it:lol:

Mahmood
February 24, 2006, 09:39 AM
Rana can not be supersub. He is valuable with both bat and ball. It will have to be Nafees and Taposh combo, depending on the pitch, one of them should be supersub, but losing toss may mean we never use Taposh.

However, being the genious our team think tank proved to be, they will probably make Rana supersub and miss out either his bating or bowling.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 2:40 PM GMT, by Mahmood.

green_cat
February 24, 2006, 09:39 AM
surely rana will do it...he was successfull at this position before...he scored 60+ runs.cant remeber where...

sar2005
February 24, 2006, 09:46 AM
Alright, it's for sure that either rana or taposh would be the super sub. What would be the scenarios -

Scenario 1. (super sub - taposh)
If Bangladesh bat first, it is good. If ban bat second (which we wish), how Taposh can be used.

Scenario 2. (super sub - Rana)
If Bangladesh bowl first, it would be good. Use taposh for early overs than bring rana in. But if we need to bat first, can we enjoy the batting service from rana?

So, I guess, it all depends on the toss.

Let's hope to win the toss and put SL in again. Good luck Bashu. Do it for 3rd times in a row.

Ahmed_B
February 24, 2006, 09:47 AM
Rajin & Nazmul were probably the weakest points in the team.. not a bad idea to replace them .. only makes the team more stable. I like it.

Fazal
February 24, 2006, 09:48 AM

You want both Way?:lol:

If true, I am happy, becuase I would do the same if we have to choose only from the selected 14. Also I would select Rana as super sub.

Case I: Bangladesh field first
With the assumption that if Bangladesh field first, I would select Rana as the super-sub. beacuse of recent history, Tapash may again be wicket taker but expensive. In that case bashar can bring Rana on after tapash's initial 5/6 overs and let Rana bowl the rest. If Tapash bowl economicaly, then Bashar can bring Rana in the 2nd Innings of the game for batting instead of Rasel.

Case II: Bangladesh bat first
If Bangladesh bats first, then bashar can wait up to fall of 6th wicket, to decide if really need another bat or not, before bringing Rana in. They may not need Rana's bat. In that case Rana can be used in the game's second innings replacing any ineffective bowler.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 2:53 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Upal
February 24, 2006, 09:58 AM
maybe the think tank feels that Taposh is an all-rounder now. His batting on occasion has been quite solid. The pitch curator has gone on record saying the pitch has a lot of green and should provide for good bounce. If this is the case, I don't see why we need rana's spin to be in the regular 11 when we are fielding. I would prefer Rana to be the super-sub and have Tapah bowl out his full quota. This is assuming we get to bowl first again.

Sauron
February 24, 2006, 10:04 AM
Great move by the selectors :clap:

Akram Khan, albeit a good batsman, was not a shrewd captain. In BD home matches, he used to take pointers from the crowd. If crowd chanted for some bowling change or fielding placement, you'd see Akram embracing those advice (If I may call it that). It is sometimes easier to see the big picture when you are not in the middle of it ... and Dhaka Stadium Cricket fans are no dummy.

For the last year, increasingly, I have had the feeling that BanglaCricket is visited by many of our cricketers and team management including selectors and possibly coaches. Mods/WebMasters/BC Staff may know how accurate it is. But it seems to me the good thoughtful fans of BC has started to have some impact, however indirectly. A positive impact of our collective goodwill, the desire to win and the never-dying optimism.

Sham
February 24, 2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Mahmood
Rana can not be supersub. He is valuable with both bat and ball. It will have to be Nafees and Taposh combo, depending on the pitch, one of them should be supersub, but losing toss may mean we never use Taposh.

However, being the genious our team think tank proved to be, they will probably make Rana supersub and miss out either his bating or bowling.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 2:40 PM GMT, by Mahmood.

I totally disagree!

Rana is by far the best person to have as the supersub!

If we lose the toss and have to bat first, hopefully we wont need him but if we do, we can bring him in and take out a pacer - a third pacer wont be as important for us anyway if we dont get to bowl first so we can easily sacrfice taposh and bring in Rana if our batting is struggling.

However, if we do win the toss and bowl first, its likely that Rasel will again bowl ten overs straight, so in the 20th over, we can substitute Rana for Rasel and he can bowl and bat both!

What the hell is the point of having Nafees or Taposh as supersubs? It will only work if we win the toss. If we lose we are screwed both ways!!

Fazal
February 24, 2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Sham
However, if we do win the toss and bowl first, its likely that Rasel will again bowl ten overs straight, so in the 20th over, we can substitute Rana for Rasel and he can bowl and bat both!

If after 20th over ( asuming Rasel finished his 10m overs) you bring in Rana for Rasel , rana cannot bowl a single over as he is replacing Rasel.

However I agree, (unfortunately) Rana may be the best choice for super-sub for this game.

DJ Sahastra
February 24, 2006, 10:40 AM
The supersub for BD team should be a genuine batsman or a batsman all-rounder.

Sauron
February 24, 2006, 10:42 AM
Edited on, February 24, 2006, 4:02 PM GMT, by Sauron.
Reason: deleted this post, coz after reading this I realized I have been brain-dead since this morning. Apologies for writing non-sense. Apologies to Sham if you have already read my post. But if you have not, then don't worry, I was praising you ;)

Rubu
February 24, 2006, 10:42 AM

Not possible. According to super sub rule: The sub will carry the bowling qouta. in other words, if russel bowls 10 over and then substituted with rana, rana will not be allowed to bowl at all. if russel bowls 9 overs, rana can bowl 1 overs and so on.

Fazal
February 24, 2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mahmood
It will have to be Nafees and Taposh combo, depending on the pitch, one of them should be supersub, but losing toss may mean we never use Taposh.

That can be another extreme approach which may not be bad also. Our winning percentage is not that great anyway (far below 50%) , so team can take risk and enhance their chance if they win the toss.

If they loose the toss... oh well we will not be able to take advantage of super-sub and we loose most of the time any way.... so its not a big deal.

So I guess that may be another approach, even though radical approach.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 3:48 PM GMT, by Fazal.

DJ Sahastra
February 24, 2006, 10:45 AM
Alok, Aftab and Rana - Too many all-rounders. I would've loved to see the BD selectors pick up a genuine abtsman in place of Rajin.

Maybe Rajin should've been given another chance!

fwullah
February 24, 2006, 10:46 AM
I think we're all forgetting one thing: Sri Lanka would play their best to perform tomorrow and obviously to win the series.

But if we would really like to win the series, then only thnking about Tapash/Rana will not do.

First of all, about Tapash being supersub, what are his strengths and weaknesses? He gives away too many runs - that's a weakness; but he also takes wickets - either at the beginning of a match or at the end of a match. Plus, Tapash can bowl at the depth smartly than others, but it may work on some days or not work on other days. So, thinking about that, it'll be very risky to make him a supersub.

Secondly, about Rana being supersub, again, what are his strengths and weaknesses? If there is a batting collapse of us tomorrow, like in the first match, then we can hope that Rana can hold one end up, at least against Sri Lankan spin bowlers. Then again, what is the guarantee that our spin duo of Rafique and Kapali will bowl well tomorrow again? So there, Rana comes in as a back-up spinner. Then what are the plans B, C and D if the plan A doesn't work for us tomorrow?

All in all, I see two things happening tomorrow - Bangladesh batting collapse again, this time, for below than 76 all out, or Sri Lanka could score over 300 runs batting first (or at least 250, which is unachievable for us, even after reminding that Australia win). So, what can we do to prevent something like that from happening?

Fazal
February 24, 2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by fwullah

All in all, I see two things happening tomorrow - Bangladesh batting collapse again, this time, for below than 76 all out, or Sri Lanka could score over 300 runs batting first (or at least 250, which is unachievable for us, even after reminding that Australia win). So, what can we do to prevent something like that from happening?

What do you suggest? Can we all pray for rain?

Sauron
February 24, 2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by fwullahAll in all, I see two things happening tomorrow - Bangladesh batting collapse again, this time, for below than 76 all out, or Sri Lanka could score over 300 runs batting first (or at least 250, which is unachievable for us, even after reminding that Australia win). So, what can we do to prevent something like that from happening?

You know something? You are a moderator alright - you moderate the undying optimists like us with your patented brand of pessimism ... :lol:

(said in jest, no offence intended, apologies if any is caused)

Rubu
February 24, 2006, 10:52 AM
I think we need to gamble. and gamble big time. That is the only chance for us to win. That is gamble on toss. If we win toss, what would give us the best advantage? A pure batsman super sub. we replace him with a pure bowler. that is, we bowl frist. so, use Abir as our super sub. then replace him with russel at the end of 1st innings.

what will happen if we loose the toss? that is the gamble, someone else has to open.

sadi
February 24, 2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by fwullah

yep I was waiting for that. Typical fwullah comment :lol:. Anyways, just make sure to come back to this thread tomorrow.

I would go with Rana... its the most logical option we got as some of our members mentioned.... bowling first, he can replace either tapash or rassel whoever is not bowling well and do his share of 4-5 overs and then bat... if batting first, and we have a batting collapse, he can come in place of tapash and do some damage control.......

Sham
February 24, 2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Rubu

Not possible. According to super sub rule: The sub will carry the bowling qouta. in other words, if russel bowls 10 over and then substituted with rana, rana will not be allowed to bowl at all. if russel bowls 9 overs, rana can bowl 1 overs and so on.

Yeah I just realized that. This is why the supersub rule is such crap. You really should be allowed to pick a super-sub after the toss and not before.

But even my oversight about the sub carrying the bowling quota withstanding, its still best to have Rana as the supersub. I dont want to take that toss gamble, because if we lose the toss, we've probably lost the game even before its begun! Its too unfair!

I think most of you want Rana in the team for his batting anyway. I personally think of him as a bowler, but the way our bowlers have bowled so far, we dont really need the guy. We'll only need him if one or two of our main bowlers really do badly, in which case we can still bring him in and make him finish that bowler's quota. And we get his batting as well. Otherwise, he sits out while we bowl and gets to bat, which is what most of you want him for anyway!

As for losing the toss and batting, I'm not assuming that our line-up isnt fragile. If our top order fails, I'd be happy to take out a pacer and put in Rana. In any case, if we bowl second and have to defend a score, I'd much rather have an extra spinner than an extra pacer anyway!

Shakalaka
February 24, 2006, 11:10 AM
Nafees isnt playing that great of a cricket as of late. His footwork and control are all in mess. just not confident enough. Rajin is an excellent fileder and he was hitting the ball nice up until he got out.

My only fear is that, so, every players will be under pressure now thinking that if they cant perform to some level, wont be included in the team the following game. Well, may be its a good thing. But given the age and experience of our player, that just might do thopposite of good mentally for the playres.

rudro
February 24, 2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Rubu
I think we need to gamble. and gamble big time. That is the only chance for us to win. That is gamble on toss. If we win toss, what would give us the best advantage? A pure batsman super sub. we replace him with a pure bowler. that is, we bowl frist. so, use Abir as our super sub. then replace him with russel at the end of 1st innings.

what will happen if we loose the toss? that is the gamble, someone else has to open.

No. Lets think. Did we need gambling to win the last match? No. Then, what won us the last mach? Toss? Yes, and No. We have won the toss before 100 times. It helped though. It is the team strategy-choosing to bat first, making Rajin super-sub, using alok and aftab fo bowling at the right times and responsible playing from each player (maybe, except nazmul).

So why do we need to gamble? We have resources - lets use them responsibly.

Question is if Rana and Taposh are in how do we use them? Making Rana a super-sub is a defensive approach (He is equelly well with bat and ball - but nothing extra-ordinary with any). This would mean we can use him even if we lose the toss. Making Taposh a super-sub would mean that we have to win the toss to effectively use our 12th player.

I personally would like to use Taposh as super-sub.

sadi
February 24, 2006, 11:12 AM
Nafees will be okay... he is one of the very few batsman in Bangladesh that I actually have some faith on.... he is quite matured considering he is around the same age as Ashraful if not younger...

Fazal
February 24, 2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Shakalaka
My only fear is that, so, every players will be under pressure now thinking that if they cant perform to some level, wont be included in the team the following game. Well, may be its a good thing. But given the age and experience of our player, that just might do thopposite of good mentally for the playres.

I understand what you are saying. But personally I wouln't worry too much about that as they are playing for a while in the highest level, if they cannot tackle with the pressure, too bad... most likely they are not matured enough to play for the national team where the motto should be "either produce or step aside and let other produce". Now for example it should not be the end of Rajin's career, he will again get his chance to shine in future series.... but nothing should be guaranteed. Except for when you bring brand new rookey player in the national team, You may want to give him a little more time for him to adjust.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 4:19 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Mahmood
February 24, 2006, 11:24 AM
Yes Sham, if that was possible, I would agree with you. Supersub can not have new bowling quota and we need both batting and bowling from Rana.

truetruetiger
February 24, 2006, 01:42 PM
i think we shud take gamble and choose tapash as supersub. if we bowl first, we can use tapash for 6 or 7 overs and bring rana on. that way we can use rana for bowling and batting!

sadi
February 24, 2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by truetruetiger
i think we shud take gamble and choose tapash as supersub. if we bowl first, we can use tapash for 6 or 7 overs and bring rana on. that way we can use rana for bowling and batting!

if you use tapash as supersub... how can you use him first and then bring rana later on?? :o

FagunerAgun
February 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Shakalaka
Bangladesh squad:

12th man Squad

Habibul Bashar (captain)
Khaled Mashud
Javed Omar
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Manjural Islam Rana
Syed Rasel
Tapash Baisya.

whos going to be super sub?

I think this is the strongest team of BD.

Go BD go
:fire::fire::fire::fire:

Beamer
February 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
I do like the inclusion of Tapash instead of Nazmul in the squad. Tapash will play as we need an additional seamer. I don't see how Bashar doesn't go back to his customary no.3 spot. I still don't see him as an ideal solution at no.5. His game is not really suited for that. With Aftab and kapali settling well into the lower middle order, I do see Bashar going back to no.3, where he would have more room to play his shots. Thats my take. They might go back to Aftab at no.3 since Rajin is out of the squad. lets see.

Here is my order : 1 Javed 2 Nafees 3 Bashar 4 Ash 5 Aftab 6 Kapali 7Pilot 8 Rafiq 9 Mashrafee 10 Tapash 11 Rasel . supersub : rana.

This line up is instantly better in the bowling dept.

sadi
February 24, 2006, 03:51 PM
you are right... bashar is gonna bat at number 3 today... daily amardesh reported it....

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
keeping Rana/Taposh as a supersub bashar and management's intension is clear. They want to bat first. and then probably sub rana for JO. Is this is good strategy if the pitch has moisture?

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 8:56 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sar2005
February 24, 2006, 03:56 PM
If bd bats first, Bashar can come at 3. But don't think he should be 3 if we need to chase. For chasing we should keep our best combinatin as

ashraful - 3
bashar - 4
aftab - 5

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2006, 04:03 PM
Taposh at Supersub. We we win the toss be bat. We lose and they bat first then no need to substitute at all. The pitch would have no assistance for a quick bowler like Bogura. So rana plays his 10 overs and bats. Aftab becomes 1st change bowler.

Musfique
February 24, 2006, 04:05 PM
I think BD is making BIG mistake by dropping Rajin, although he didnt get any runs in the two matches, he looked very good at the crease, and well balanced when mking his shots, this combined with the fact that Basjer is batting at number 3 spells disaster.

BD team needs Basher at number 5 with Ashraful at 4 during the middle part of the innings, otherwise the middle order may collapse during run chase.

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2006, 04:13 PM
wait a second. can you announce the supersub after the toss? or do you have to do it before? would suck big time if you had to do it before.

i do agree with fwullah in that sri lanka will be on their toes all the time after that thrashing they got the other night. however, the tigers are pretty charged up too. while i don't expect bangladesh to win this one, a good show should definitely be on the cards. let's hope our batters don't get complacent, and the tiger establishes its superiority over the lion as king of the jungle. :)

Sauron
February 24, 2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
wait a second. can you announce the supersub after the toss? or do you have to do it before? would suck big time if you had to do it before.

before.

Bat-PadTogether
February 24, 2006, 04:52 PM
Excellent Move!:fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2006, 04:54 PM
dhur...i hate the super sub rule! can't wait till they take it off!

CricTiger
February 24, 2006, 06:59 PM
সেইত রানাকে দলে আনলি অযথা
কেন এত সময় নষ্ট করলি?

Toutais
February 24, 2006, 07:00 PM
:karate:

Toutais
February 24, 2006, 07:02 PM
which one has a higher melting point?

1) a material which is a covalent molecular crystal
2)a material which is a covalent network crystal:snob:

Toutais
February 24, 2006, 07:03 PM
do any of u people know the chemical srtucture of

dimethyldichlorosilane?

Hasib
February 24, 2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Toutais
do any of u people know the chemical srtucture of

dimethyldichlorosilane?

Why?

http://www.chemnet.com/show/rbltd/images/eproduct_780.gif

or

http://www.powerchemical.net/5220.gif

Those 2 came up when i googled it

Toutais
February 24, 2006, 07:21 PM
Name the anitmatter particle of an electron.:exclamation:

BD_Ashraful
February 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
i think it should be manjural islam rana

cricketboy
February 24, 2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Alok, Aftab and Rana - Too many all-rounders. I would've loved to see the BD selectors pick up a genuine abtsman in place of Rajin.

Maybe Rajin should've been given another chance!

I agree too many bowlers. Aftab, Kapali, Rana, Taosh, Masrafe, Rasel, Rafique. We dont need so many. Rajin should play instead of Taposh. :sorry: