PDA

View Full Version : Taposh may have costed us the match

Mahmood
February 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
We had them totally under pressure, and Taposh single handedly brought them out of danger.

I cant blame Taposh though, should have been Russell or Rana instead of him in this game.

So, thanks to those who's wise decision broght Taposh into this game.

howzatt!
February 24, 2006, 11:50 PM
totally disappointed at taposh's performance. admit it guys, he has lost it. tapash should not be picked in the national team unless he improves his game dramatically. bring rana on right now.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 4:51 AM GMT, by howzatt!.

Mahmood
February 24, 2006, 11:51 PM
I hope they will at least have the common sense to replace Taposh with Rana right now before any more damage is done.

Pundit
February 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
True !!!!

I want to take it out on the fans here who were clapping for him though. He's destroyed us today. We are an arrears by 20 runs.

Mahmood
February 24, 2006, 11:59 PM
Can't blame the fans, this what we do, we support.

Blame the selectors for this, what were they thinking!!!

Ehsan
February 24, 2006, 11:59 PM
There is something really wrong with this guy. It has to be something mental. Yes, I am one of those who supported his inclusion but this is not the Tapash we knew. I think we should not play him at least for a year now. His career might well be over if he does not start performing significantly better in domestic games. Poor guy.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2006, 12:07 AM
What ever the circumstances are what was bashar thinking?
he had Kapali and Aftab. Why not bring a bowling change when Taposh bowled 4 overs. Why continue? give him a break and if needed bring him back later.

Nasif
February 25, 2006, 01:17 AM
Yep, he has costed us the game. It was over right when he finished his spell.

Ahmed_B
February 25, 2006, 01:49 AM
I can't agree about Tapash being the problem here.. even though he bowled horribly for 5 overs. IMO.. it was a wrong decision by Bashar to let SL bat first after winning the toss. THis is a complete batting track.. and look how Mashrafee also got thrashed!

-The pitch had some dampness.. but the weather was warm and clear (completely unlike the Bogra game, where play started late due to fog)... good enough to dry out the pitch within few overs.

-The early break-through that Mashrafee got were completely his own credit and the pitch had less to do with it.

-SL batted comfortably .. and our spinners did not get any help at all. Whereas the SL spinners may get help from it in the later part of the game.. making it hard for BD to bat.

Its Bashar who might have just cost us the game by taking a wrong decision after winning the toss!! :mad:

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 01:56 AM
:) well.. I said before.. It will be disasterous!... It is !.. Not much ppl believed me.. i hope after this.. ppl or selectors dont look at Taposh any more.

fab
February 25, 2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
I can't agree about Tapash being the problem here.. even though he bowled horribly for 5 overs. IMO.. it was a wrong decision by Bashar to let SL bat first after winning the toss. THis is a complete batting track.. and look how Mashrafee also got thrashed!

Yup.

The three problems of today's game (in order):

1. Batting first
2. 50 runs in the last _4_ overs
3. Taposh's 5 overs

In 9 overs the sri lankans scored nearly 1/3 of their entire score. That's why we will lose this game.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 7:00 AM GMT, by fab.

fab
February 25, 2006, 01:58 AM
Taposh be damned - I wanna know why they elected to field first!

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 02:37 AM
well.. batting i believe.. remained same. Rajin batting. is nothing much special compared to rana... but.. its taposh.. who really gave the oppertunity for sl batsmen to open up their arms.. and this is definitely.. the factor for today's bad performance.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2006, 03:41 AM
Bashar's decisions:
Mash a test bowler. He could continue also upto eight overs. He was in a rythm. Just like rasel.

When he saw Taposh getting hammered in two overs why continue him? Get someone else. Get rafique in early.

Sham
February 25, 2006, 07:12 AM
The reason why we lost this game is that the Sri Lankans batted us out of the match by putting on big partnerships.

In the second game, the script was the same at the beginning, good opening overs for our bowlers followed by a bad spell by Nazmul. The one thing we did in that match to ensure that they never ran away with it was to pick up wickets regularly. Everytime a partnership got set, we broke it.

In today's match, we couldnt break the partnerships that put on the base from which the last onslaught was made possible.

How can one player be responsible for that?

Lets face it, this was a complete batting track. The SL batsmen played out the first 10-12 overs, got set, and gave all our bowlers a thrashing! Taposh had a shocker of a match, no doubt, but really no worse than Nazmul the other day.

Rubu
February 25, 2006, 08:27 AM
Taposh is the best choice we had. suman could take him off earlier. but that did not happen. at the beginning stage rana might have been better. but he was bought in at a stage when sri lanka will not care.

to me, the turning point is when abir and aftab got out in two balls. even if prasad was a debutant they should have waited at least a few balls before starting to hit. thats what costed us the match. otherwise, 310 could have been possible.

BanglaCool
February 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Rubu
... otherwise, 310 could have been possible.
In your dreams!

Ishtylish cricketer
February 25, 2006, 10:23 AM
Guys first of all it's Taposh that is the problem only. It's whoever is the third bowler!!! Every team tries to target bowler that they think they will have success against. Srilankans were weary of Mortoza and Russel plus they did well at the begining. Now, since the powerplays were still on when Taposh was brought in they just went after him. Nazmul was also used in the first change while the powerplays were still going on. Obviously they won't attempt to play too many risky shots against Raffique either since he too is a somewhat capable bowler. Taposh and Nazmul are seamers so they have to pitch up the ball to be effective and if you are slightly off you will get punished. Both Taposh and Nazmul lack pace so they won't be able to beat too many batsmen without swing. Had it been Rana same thing would have happend. Bangladesh needs quick bowlers everyone balls medium pace. No one is a threat for the opposition yet. Taposh ke single out kora ei matcher jonno thick achhe kintu problem holo with 20 overs of powerplay opposition target kore bowler ke mare. Ekhane je keyu run dito. Too many medium pacers batsmen get use to it... need someone very very slow or very fast. Anyways very disappointed in the results. 309 from 17/2 in 9 overs???!!!

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 10:30 AM
Our Captains's poor judment with rotating bowlers also cost us the match.He was too conservative in changing bowlers in this match.Also he did not utilize RANA and Aftab properly.

Until 27 over we were still in the game but at that point we needed some wickets but could not get it.

Nothing worked in favor for us today.

Fortuner
February 25, 2006, 11:56 AM
I feel in ODI along wid Mashrafee and Rasel, Rajib shld be there as the 3rd bowler....atleast he is more quick than Tapsh and Nazmul and besides i seen him play test match vs SL. He was good. I would say he can be a better bowler than Tapash and Nazmul. He got a gud height too 6'2" or 6'3". He can easily give yorkers.....thus...and produce give good bouncers

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 5:02 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

esteban_loaiza
February 25, 2006, 12:09 PM
I agree with Bashar that Sri Lankan batsmen batted too well for our bowler. However, definitely Taposh could have done better. It is not easy for a pace bowler to come out of injury and find his rhythm right away. And team selection was not right to me. We had a useless super-sub. I always felt that super-sub should be a genuine batsman for Bangladesh, specially when you are planning to chase if you win the toss. Rajin could protect players like Aftab on the top order and about 20/25 runs from 35/40 balls from him would be okay in yesterday's match. If you talk about spinning track for Rana's inclusion then why he is not in the first XI? We have a bunch of MORON slelectors who are too much greedy and whimsical and comes out empty handed at the end.

Faceoff
February 25, 2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
I feel in ODI along wid Mashrafee and Rasel, Rajib shld be there as the 3rd bowler....atleast he is more quick than Tapsh and Nazmul and besides i seen him play test match vs SL. He was good. I would say he can be a better bowler than Tapash and Nazmul. He got a gud height too 6'2" or 6'3". He can easily give yorkers.....thus...and produce give good bouncers

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 5:02 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Rajib is the only hope left for us. If he fails then we are in big trouble especially in this powerplay era where we definitely need a 3rd pacer.

dash
February 25, 2006, 12:14 PM
taposh was the right choice.

he is still our best fast bowler after mash

he just had a bad game.

but, i agree that he let the srilankans off the hook

Sami
February 25, 2006, 12:57 PM
When Rana and Tapash were brought into the squad i was under the impression Tapash would be the supersub while Rana would play the starting 11.

We could have easily played this bowling strategy:

Mashrafe
Rasel
Aftab (5 overs) (1st change) and later Alok covers the rest 5 overs.
Rafique
Rana

I dont see a place for tapash in that bowling lineup.... :(

ASA
February 25, 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't see why everyone is thrashing Tapash here. How about Mashrafe? He gave 9 runs in the first 6 overs ... and then some 60+ in the other four overs. How do you justify that from our star 'blower'?

DJ Sahastra
February 25, 2006, 02:58 PM
SL were bound to break loose sooner or later. Maybe Taposh was the fall-guy.

Sami
February 25, 2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ASA
I don't see why everyone is thrashing Tapash here. How about Mashrafe? He gave 9 runs in the first 6 overs ... and then some 60+ in the other four overs. How do you justify that from our star 'blower'?

You have to understand... that when Mashrafe was bowling earlier on, Rasel and him put a lot of pressure on the batsmen. When Tapash came into bowl he allowed the batsmen to settle in. And when he came onto bowl later in the innings the batsmen were basically having a field day with the bat, whacking anything and everything.

The problem was allowing the batsmen to get into their comfort zones, thats what Tapash managed to do on this particular day.

Shaan
February 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
At least BD is getting harder for top leading teams,, that for sure is proved from this oneday series. The lacking was that our players still have to learn to settle down and carrying the game with the rotation of the run(singles..doubles..), not just waitng for bad delivery and dipatched to the boundary. Look at Sangakara he is the one who made the diffrences.. he just stayed there and dispalyed his one man show stage performance. That kind of approach we need from our batsman.

And I still don't think Rana is aladin's magical lamp.. he is not more
than an average.. I prefer more Alok and Taposh too. Just Look back taposh's performance he had contributed a lot for the team. Its just going bad patch as most of the palyers go through in some stage.

Flipper
February 25, 2006, 05:00 PM
No Tapash didn't cost us the match. But Yes, he didn't play up to the mark, and he is loosing his touch .

When he started his spell, the pitch dried up, and was a batting paradise, so he was hit, and so was everyone else after that. It's silly to hear that Tapash was the only culprit here! :rolleyes:

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 07:14 PM
Flipper.. I am sure ,if he was given the chance to open along with Masri.. the result would have been worst.. he would have bowled many wides and would have hit for many boundaries. So.. no I dont agree with you. Though he cant be the only and only reason for poor bowling performance..... but. he is the major reason for such pathetic late overs display. He allowed the batsmen to free the arms and easen the pressure within few overs that he bowled. And to.. being a battling cricket team.... we simply cant afford that. I was against his inclusion. coz. I saw him.. he just lost his confidance totally. I am sure., even para cricket players would also be hit him really bad. No disrespect for old tiger, he had become too incompetent to play in the regular side. Thats what my judgement about him.

I surely cant blame masri or Rafiq to get hit so much later. since....... by that time..Even Mcgrath would have got hit. Unfortunately, Taposh helped the Sl batsmen to reach in that level where it really didnt matter who was bowling anyway...

So much a bad selection.. the selectors should learn.. not just decide selection depending on how did he preform in earlier time.......... Bad Choiceeee

fishyguy
February 25, 2006, 07:16 PM
You know what some people either get or they don't. Some people I guess will never get that Tapash and Nazmul are just not upto it. Its just too obvious for some and not so much for others. Theres no point in arguing.

rudro
February 25, 2006, 07:20 PM
Lets not forget ...it is the bowlers who won us matches - no matter which one! We have won only one game scoring 250 (yes, exactly). All other matches we won were all low-scoring matches. The day the bowlers get busted, we blame them. Why don't we see that bowlers can have their bad days, too. On the other hand each game is a bad game for our batsmen. Admit it!

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by rudro
Lets not forget ...it is the bowlers who won us matches - no matter which one! We have won only one game scoring 250 (yes, exactly). All other matches we won were all low-scoring matches. The day the bowlers get busted, we blame them. Why don't we see that bowlers can have their bad days, too. On the other hand each game is a bad game for our batsmen. Admit it!

Well. if we were to admit that bowlers can have their bad day.. then why did we make a change in 3rd ODI?.. Why did Nazmul had to be replaced by Taposh?--- And.. if we look back for last one year of Taposh.. he had bad days in every single match.. Isnt this bit too much of a repeating factor?.. please give us a break!!

CTazim
February 25, 2006, 08:56 PM
I think we have a really bad Captain. Bashar may be a good batsman, but he is not aggressive enough as a captaint to go for the kill when it is absolutely needed.

Let's analyze this whole thing: we have the situation where Sri Lanka were 17/2. Masri bowls six overs and then all of a sudden Taposh gives out 13+ runs in one over. RR is creeping up at that time I think Bashar should have changed the Bowler and bring Aftab in.

I think Jayawardne' is a really sleazebag. He should have stated that Aftab's catch was not a fair catch. But I guess when your reputation of getting beat by Bangladesh is at stake you may loose your character.

Had Aftab stayed we may have a different situation. Maybe we would have gotten beaten by 20 or 30 runs versus 78 runs. But teams have successfully chased 300 plus runs. And yes why Not Bangladesh. The days we win games we are at the top of the world, the days we loose we are not upto PAR- That is also unacceptable. We have the capability of winning against any team but we have to be consistent.

JO and Nafees should have done a better job with strike rate. It matters when you are chasing not when you are batting first. They are in the big leagues now should know better. If that is what Dav Whatmore and Bashar told them to do. BOTH OF THEM NEED TO BE FIRED from their respective positions.

I cannot emphasize enough the need for transformation of temparament. If that requires reorganization -BCB ought to do it. Otherwise, the entire investment would be deemed as a poor one.

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 4:42 AM GMT, by CTazim.

sonarbangla
February 25, 2006, 11:08 PM
I have exactly the same point of view as you guys, and I also believe that this is the time when we should kick that freak out of the team. however, we have to agree that there was a time when tapash was the one and only person Bangladesh team could relay on besides of mashrafi. But that was long time ago, before Sayed Rassel came in view. Now we do not need him anymore, cause our cricket team is not a place where you show sympathy for a player who had services for ages before but can’t do anymore.. you have to sack em up since now this team represents our country. What tapash did last night, I think if he has some thing call a conscience, then he will resign his post by himself. I don’t remember a single game where tapash gave the opponent less then 60 runs in his 10 overs.. and I think tht was the only reason why bd had to wait 5 years to get their 2nd odi win.

But the fact is no matter wht we say.. these will be no use since habibul doesn’t get to know this and kick him out of the first 11. I don want tapash in the test squad.. but how to convey this message to the team management? Anyone knows their email?!
then lets email em tht on behalf of all of us plez don't pick tapash for the next few matches..

Pundit
February 25, 2006, 11:23 PM
CTazim, you are being overly critical. Bangladesh is no where near being competitive. And they are NOT expected to be.

I still believe in Whatmore's "small steps at a time," philosophy. Let us allow 2-3 U-19s to play with the A team for 1-2 more yeras, and then we'll begin to have a team w/o gaps (weakest links).

cracky
February 26, 2006, 01:17 AM
Its true, Taposh cost us the game, but Basher was a stupid, he let the pressure release by allowing Taposh to ball even after he was beaten severely. While I agree, Bashar is the most successful captain for Bangladesh to date. But he has some serious problems. He basically follows the standard procedure, no matter what's going on in the field. He waits for something to happen while he follows his regular guideline for fielding placement and bowler choice, rather than trying to make something happen.

mafizraju
February 26, 2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by sonarbangla
Now we do not need him anymore, cause our cricket team is not a place where you show sympathy for a player who had services for ages before but can’t do anymore.. you have to sack em up since now this team represents our country. What tapash did last night, I think if he has some thing call a conscience, then he will resign his post by himself. I don’t remember a single game where tapash gave the opponent less then 60 runs in his 10 overs.. and I think tht was the only reason why bd had to wait 5 years to get their 2nd odi win.

Hold on man............. Do u realy understand cricket... or its a new game you are trying to accomodate yourself into....

Some of us are claiming that if taposh didnot let the srilankan batsmen off the hook they would hardly manage a competetive score. You are doing to mistakes here :

1. You are underestimating Srilankan Power Or Overestimating Bangladesh strength in a Batting Paradise more than you yourself could imagine

2. If one guy let somebody off the hook only for 5 overs you still have 45 more overs to shackle them back.... simple logic... and the fact that everybody else failed, that means either you dont have enough fire power or Srilankans are BETTER. (Nazmul incident in the secod ODI is the biggest example)

BanglaCool
February 26, 2006, 01:26 AM
both tapash and nazmull or not up to the mark.
We need good pacers, badly.
We need them now as much in the future and the quicker we get them the more chances we have in upsetting future cricket matches (one dayers and tests alike).

Duck
February 26, 2006, 01:57 AM
It wont be a judjement to blame Taposh alone. I would say Shumon should have changed Taposh after his 2nd or 3rd over and bring him back again after a break. There is no way to allow him for 5 consecutive overs while he was being thrashed. I really wonder what was Shumon thinking at that time? This is really bad captancy. Anyway he will learn quickly; he is the best in his job right now, no doubt.

Regarding the Toss and selection of fielding, I will blame Dave. To me, he is the who one still decides the strategy. I believe, Shumon has little role in this matter, whether or not the match is in known BD condition.

I have great respect of Shumon being as our captain. He is grooming himself and getting better. Among some other limitations, his monotonous bowling change and defensive field placements sometimes makes the differences. Atleast he should not follow 100% what he has determined before the match. I field, there is always something he can pick and make amend! And the opposition team does know what is coming up next. There should be something new, some surprise for the batting team to face.

Is it for his easy math and calculation, he allows the bowlers to bowl for 5/6 overs and then calls the new one? Untill the bowler is thrashed away in a row, or the whole gallery is screaming for a bowling change, he kept them going! Atleast for the sake of taking the wicket, he should have change the bowlers frequently. :E

Duck
February 26, 2006, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by CTazim
I think we have a really bad Captain. Bashar may be a good batsman, but he is not aggressive enough as a captaint to go for the kill when it is absolutely needed.

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 4:42 AM GMT, by CTazim.

I absolutely disagree with your opinion! Bashar is the best choice. NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS. Give me another name right now in BD Team who can be the right choice?

Although I agree with you regarding his lack of aggressiveness in the field as a captain. But to me, it is his lack of self belief as the captain and lack of confidence in decision making. He would sharpen himself no doubt. I can reall his aggressiveness with bat at the one down position before being our captain. I always thought that Inzamam wont be a good captain; he was not aggressive enough. But I was wrong. You know how he is going now. Same as Dravid. Both of them were introvert, played within themselves. But now they are the ones who are blooming! Its not the politics that you will need a charishmatic dashing leader! Now a days, it is all about the CEO....... execution of what you have. Bashar will learn what he has eventually. He will learn and correct himself in time. No Doubt. He is our best :tiger:.

sonarbangla
February 26, 2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mafizraju
Now we do not need him anymore, cause our cricket team is not a place where you show sympathy for a player who had services for ages before but can’t do anymore.. you have to sack em up since now this team represents our country. What tapash did last night, I think if he has some thing call a conscience, then he will resign his post by himself. I don’t remember a single game where tapash gave the opponent less then 60 runs in his 10 overs.. and I think tht was the only reason why bd had to wait 5 years to get their 2nd odi win.

Hold on man............. Do u realy understand cricket... or its a new game you are trying to accomodate yourself into....

Some of us are claiming that if taposh didnot let the srilankan batsmen off the hook they would hardly manage a competetive score. You are doing to mistakes here :

1. You are underestimating Srilankan Power Or Overestimating Bangladesh strength in a Batting Paradise more than you yourself could imagine

2. If one guy let somebody off the hook only for 5 overs you still have 45 more overs to shackle them back.... simple logic... and the fact that everybody else failed, that means either you dont have enough fire power or Srilankans are BETTER. (Nazmul incident in the secod ODI is the biggest example)

Well said bro, but sorry to say its not enough to convince us to believe that Tapash was not the main culprit but was the Lankans, who was so scared of Bangladeshi bawling at the beginning of the innings and then coincidently right after Tapash’s over realized that hey come on dude.. we know how to bat.. see this wooden plunk.. we can move it like this .. and see it’s a six..

Listen bro, I know about cricket. And in many ways I think I know more then you, since I myself is a member of a team who went till the semiz last year against a team who had 2 players who played for the Canadian under 19 team in the previous world cup.

However, cricket is not only about your physical strength, but also about your mental strength. Now, as you were saying.. “noooo.. bd suckkk… it’s the lankan who were sooooo strong.. buhuhu… I am sooooo scared..” man .. get a hold on your pant.. don’t be stupid! Look at the srilankan team.. other then jaysuria, sangakara and jaywardhane, who do you see is so strong who can lead them to the victory?! And then look how those lankanz were batting at the beginning?! 60 runs were picked up in the first 20 overs! And then 43 in next 30 balls?! Will you still say that Tapash was not the person who gave them the confident and courage back to fight against Bangladesh?! If you had the most precious word you used --- “LOGIC” --- then you would have get of wht all these ppl were saying or trying to say. GET IT?

And in my point of view bd has just lost the biggest chance it had over last 7 years to beat and win a series against srilanka.. murali is not there, neither was vaas.. or atapatu… but still they lost.. and lost becaz of their own foolishness of giving tapash to ball.. same thing they did when they won the 2nd odi against India.. they brought in another bastard to ball who lead the Indians to get over confidence and make over 300 runs.. well it was actually 387 or something I recall.. tht time this freak was hasibul hossain..

Well bud, upto you.. but u gotta admin tht it was tapash who cost us the game.. though its nothing new for him.. but this time its hurting us all since lankas were too weak and was supposed to be beaten by us. hope you understand the fact now .. and will stop arguing
:up:

mafizraju
February 26, 2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by mafizraju

Well said bro, but sorry to say its not enough to convince us to believe that Tapash was not the main culprit but was the Lankans, who was so scared of Bangladeshi bawling at the beginning of the innings and then coincidently right after Tapash’s over realized that hey come on dude.. we know how to bat.. see this wooden plunk.. we can move it like this .. and see it’s a six..

Listen bro, I know about cricket. And in many ways I think I know more then you, since I myself is a member of a team who went till the semiz last year against a team who had 2 players who played for the Canadian under 19 team in the previous world cup.

However, cricket is not only about your physical strength, but also about your mental strength. Now, as you were saying.. “noooo.. bd suckkk… it’s the lankan who were sooooo strong.. buhuhu… I am sooooo scared..” man .. get a hold on your pant.. don’t be stupid! Look at the srilankan team.. other then jaysuria, sangakara and jaywardhane, who do you see is so strong who can lead them to the victory?! And then look how those lankanz were batting at the beginning?! 60 runs were picked up in the first 20 overs! And then 43 in next 30 balls?! Will you still say that Tapash was not the person who gave them the confident and courage back to fight against Bangladesh?! If you had the most precious word you used --- “LOGIC” --- then you would have get of wht all these ppl were saying or trying to say. GET IT?

And in my point of view bd has just lost the biggest chance it had over last 7 years to beat and win a series against srilanka.. murali is not there, neither was vaas.. or atapatu… but still they lost.. and lost becaz of their own foolishness of giving tapash to ball.. same thing they did when they won the 2nd odi against India.. they brought in another bastard to ball who lead the Indians to get over confidence and make over 300 runs.. well it was actually 387 or something I recall.. tht time this freak was hasibul hossain..

Well bud, upto you.. but u gotta admin tht it was tapash who cost us the game.. though its nothing new for him.. but this time its hurting us all since lankas were too weak and was supposed to be beaten by us. hope you understand the fact now .. and will stop arguing
:up:

just to give you heads up that you will get your answer once I come back from work

sonarbangla
February 26, 2006, 04:47 PM
:fire: sure bro.. i am on fire :great:

sonarbangla
February 27, 2006, 04:25 PM
:bald:wht happen?!

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Its Bashar who might have just cost us the game by taking a wrong decision after winning the toss!! :mad:

Absolutely. Even the SL captain admitted that if they had won the toss they would have elected to bat first.

Secondly, when introducing Taposh in the restricted overs he didn't realize what the SL's were doing. Sri-Lanka had a clear plan to hit the 3rd pacer/1st changeup bowlers. So being in the restriction overs he should have allowed Mash to bowl 7 overs and keep Rasel at 8. then bring in rafique/Alok the spinning bunch. giving 43 runs in 5 overs when the team had a brilliant start demoralized the players and one could see in their body language. thats where we lost the match. Taposh may have given the runs but the culprit is bashar.

Mash's 62 runs in 4 overs wouldn't have happened had the early let off somehow got prevented.

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 10:02 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.