PDA

View Full Version : Is Bangladesh batting capable to score 300+?

Mahmood
February 25, 2006, 02:05 AM

Ahmed_B
February 25, 2006, 02:07 AM
They have the skill.. but not the temperament!
I say..........A BIG NO!

Spitfire_x86
February 25, 2006, 02:09 AM
No.

They have neither skill nor temperament.

Ehsan
February 25, 2006, 02:15 AM
No, not at all. But today I would like to challenge Ashraful, Aftab and Kapali to show what they are made of. But these 3 might all get a duck each - can't handle the pressure. Anthing above or close to 300 has a psychological effect on our players.

DJ Sahastra
February 25, 2006, 02:17 AM
Sad as it is, i doubt.

I'll be happy to see a miracle though.

Damn, i shouldn't have bothered visiting BD forum tonite.

Navarene
February 25, 2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
No.

Ditto

Huda
February 25, 2006, 02:22 AM
No , and we wont for a long time yet, against a test nation

shovon13
February 25, 2006, 02:42 AM
hahaha...i guess i'm the only one who voted yes. oh well.

fwullah
February 25, 2006, 07:02 AM
In order to score over 300 against a test nation, we have to do that against a non-test nation first. And from our long history in the ICC trophy before getting test or ODI status, we have no score over 300.

6alltheway
February 25, 2006, 07:50 AM
No way, as soon as i saw sri lanka made 309, i knew it wud be impossible.

the only way BD could of won is that if they kept sri lanka at bay to under 250 or 240.

al Furqaan
February 25, 2006, 08:17 AM
sadly, no.

almost in every innings, if not in every single one, one star batsman (ash aftab nafees) scores a duck or gets out for single digit.

if they all click together, then why, 350 is feasible. but they never do.

that is the next step forward.

sadi
February 25, 2006, 08:25 AM
to score 300, someone has to make a big score...and from our past record, we only have 2 odi centuries so far... I would say no.. . but if ash aftab and nafees all have a good day, anything is possible.

BanglaCool
February 25, 2006, 10:06 AM
NO
NO
NO
for the next three years.

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 10:17 AM
I would say Yes for any given days with proper execution of temper and luck.Can we do it against Zim or Kenya?Possible

Ishtylish cricketer
February 25, 2006, 10:29 AM
Impossible is nothing but sometimes are just not possible the answer to your question is being one of them.

SMHasan
February 25, 2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by shovon13
hahaha...i guess i'm the only one who voted yes. oh well.

I am with you. I think its very much possible but three are some ways. The main way is to rearrange our batting line up. I will explain it tonight when I will be back from work. I need to sleep now cos I didnt sleep last night cos of the match. Hayre amar Bangladesh....tui amare korli eto pagol!!!!

Hatebreed
February 25, 2006, 11:47 AM
Not yet possible.. BD doesn't have any regular half-centurions or centurion do that.. hopefully Ash will maintain his form to give the team an even better score next time.

Flipper
February 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
Yes! There is no question about it!

I believe our batting has what it takes. Yes, it never happened, but that doesn't mean it will never happen.

Did anyone think that we would cancel 250 odd runs against Australia in a foreign land with 5 wickets in hand?

cricman
February 25, 2006, 06:11 PM
All it takes is a Blitz in the Last 10 overs. We may not reach 300 but we should be in the 280+ range.

Aftab should stay at 6, But if 300 is your target Golla and Rajin gotta to go. We should tyr the Nafees - Nafees opening for 300.

mahrookh
February 25, 2006, 07:23 PM
Bangladesh is capable to loose against Srilanka in the 3rd match . How can they win ? It's not possible as yet . So no more day dreaming :)

SMHasan
February 25, 2006, 11:11 PM
Trying to be realistic present batting combination cant score 300+ runs its for sure. To do that we need to make sure that we use the fielding restrictions precisely. We got to take Ash in the opening with either Nafees or Javed. In this way Ash can attack and another one protects the other end without eating too any balls. There is no doubt about Ash's strokeplay so he will be able to clear the infield pretty easily considering he plays lots of lofted drives.

Some people might say we need a player like Ash in the middle order to bring more stability but I will say if Ash starts opening the innings then things will be changing and hopefully we will have better batsman in our middle order to continue from where the openers leave off. And at present we have got Aftab in the middle order so why worry.

In the final one dayer in chittagong where bd was chasing a huge total we should have taken a different trick to win the game. Its true that at a stage the run rate was very poor considering our target rate but it was no surprise cos we didnt take any different way to fight. Javed ate few balls, Nafees departed early as Aftab then required run rate mounted quickly. As a result we lost Ash, Habibul. So what would happen if Ash, Habibul had a better current run rate in that time of the match? I believe they would play sensibly, they would get a required rate of 6/7 per over and who knows what would happen.

Pundit
February 25, 2006, 11:19 PM
The only reason Tapash keeps on coming back is due to us not having any "better" options.

I see a core bowling squad in the making already -

Mashrafee/Shahafat
Rasel
xxxx
Rafique/Razzak
Kapali/Enamul

...need that 3rd seamer who is good. This is why Tapash/Nazmul keep on coming back. This is where the gap opens up, as we saw yesterday.

Lets just give ourselves some breathing space and not choke with reckless demands.

shovon13
February 25, 2006, 11:33 PM
ok.

howzatt!
February 25, 2006, 11:38 PM
i'm impressed with ashraful's temperment. though he seemed to lose it after reaching 50, but that'll get better with time. if ashraful, bashar, aftab play their best , shahriar nafees plays upto his potential, pilot can chip in some runs and rafique, mashrafee can fire at the slog overs, we can. but i don't see it happening as yet. maybe within an year we'll reach that stage.

Duck
February 26, 2006, 01:14 AM
Is Bangladesh batting capable to score 300+?

Depending on the Team and the conditions: I would like to say YES, BD is CAPABLE. At this home conditions, and against THIS SL team, BD is capable. Although capability doesnot ensure their apllication. This is what BD always lag behind. They have the potential but still cant implement them all when it really matters!

In reality, we are not!

MasterBatsman
February 26, 2006, 09:39 AM
Yes definitely! Bangladesh has already done that.....

in TEST matches.

so in ODIs too, it's possible. but not probable i'll say.

we need more batsmen with solid techniques unlike those of pakistan who edge behind the wicket all the time.
we don't need (in the longer term, right now we need him) habibul bashar. he being the experienced campaigner knows how to throw away his wicket at a short pitched delivery from a slow left arm bowler in his homeland bangladesh.

what is to be expected at more difficult situations?

the most promising 3 batsmen seem to be ashraful, aftab and nafees, resp.

and we need much much much better bowlers, not just gentle medium pacers, AT LEAST Fast Medium bowlers and quality spinners.. seamers who can swing the ball also helps.

physique also needs to improve. our players look especially tiny, slender and UN athletic. not atypical of subcont. but we're the worst. need to improve there.

we need at least one solid dependable clean striker of the ball, that helps in ODIs and recently in tests too. examples are gilchrist, sehwag and dhoni. also included are cairns (ret?), afridi, jayasuriya, klusener, etc

so we can start or participate in more six a side tourneys, our youngsters not old guys coz then they'll lose the temperament. ashraful needs to concentrate well. aftab needs to be polished here and there, shahriar nafees is among the most solid batsmen we have but too slow and not too dependable either. needs improvement.

given these ENORMOUS changes to our side, we can easily cross 300 runs in odis or 500 in tests

BD_Ashraful
March 22, 2006, 06:27 AM
YES BECAUSE THEY DID IT AGINST KENYA THE FIRST ODI

Miraz
March 22, 2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
No.

Change your mind brother, from Now on Bangladesh will do it regularly and they have got both the skill and temparament

Carte Blanche
March 22, 2006, 09:29 AM
Big thank you to whoever that bumped this thread. All you naysayers can render your apology now. C'mon, don't be shy :)

Sam
March 22, 2006, 09:32 AM
It is really nice to see how a lot of our friends are eating up their own words and predictions. Bravo BD team - you just followed my signature.

sadi
March 22, 2006, 09:36 AM
But really... do Kenya count?? I am not sure Bangladesh can score 300 against teams like Aus or England...

Spitfire_x86
March 22, 2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Miraz
Change your mind brother, from Now on Bangladesh will do it regularly and they have got both the skill and temparament
We will face this kind of bowling and fielding side rarely at international level.

If we can score a couple of 300s against a side that is at least as strong as WI, then I would believe that our team has both the necessary skill and temperament.

Both Australia and SA have scored 400+ in their last match, but it still doesn't mean that they have suddenly developed the ablity to score 400 in ODI.

Spitfire_x86
March 22, 2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by sadi
But really... do Kenya count?? I am not sure Bangladesh can score 300 against teams like Aus or England...
Forget Aus or England, let them score 300 against WI or Mural/Vaas less Srilanka first.

Spitfire_x86
March 22, 2006, 10:29 AM
BTW, I'm not taking any credit away from BD team for scoring their first ever 300. In past we couldn't score 300 even against associate nations. So it's definately good as a start. :up:

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2006, 10:36 AM
If Tamim, Sakib, Ash, Aftab can get 5 lives each we can get to 400 easily. late fireworks from Mash. Even braken will have hard time to keep it below 80 in 10 overs.

sadi
March 22, 2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
If Tamim, Sakib, Ash, Aftab can get 5 lives each we can get to 400 easily. late fireworks from Mash. Even braken will have hard time to keep it below 80 in 10 overs.

lol so you are saying if they get 10 lives each, bangladesh can score 800?? :joy: I am excited.....

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 22, 2006, 10:42 AM

well probably not in the next 2 months but surely sometime in the near future. and we are improving day by day. today we cored 300 against kenya next hopefully we will do that against zimbabwe and so on and so forth. aus and england is at the top of the list.

Ahmed_B
March 22, 2006, 10:55 AM
I am feeling great that mine and many other's prediction (which was 'no') got proven wrong. But to be frank, what I think is that when Mahmood bhai created this poll.. he was thinking/asking about BD scoring 300 runs against other test teams. He was most likely not indicating 300 runs against Kenya.

So... to some extent (considering the actual direction of the question) my reply is still 'NO'

I hope they prove me wrong again (by scoring 300 against stronger test nations!):)

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye

lol so you are saying if they get 10 lives each, bangladesh can score 800?? :joy: I am excited.....
Sadi bhaia,
আজকের তারিখ কত? ২২/৩/২০১০ না? দশটা লাইভ পাইলে অস্ট্রেলিয়া ওয়াক ওভার দিয়ে চলে যাবে।

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 4:10 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

yaseer
March 22, 2006, 11:18 AM

Remember the match against England at Natwest Trophy...where we were chasing 393 and Ash scoored 94 off 52.....i was really thinking BD will go past 300 at that match. but unfortunately after ash got out miidle-order crumbled. They just needed to score run a ball i think to score 300 after ash got out. and it was against Harmison, Flintoff & co.

So, i really beleive on a given day BD can score 300 against those teams. at least we have a start n test against kenaya.