PDA

View Full Version : What really happened with Mashrafee in the 3rd ODI

pagol-chagol
February 25, 2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Xavier
I couldn't watch the match but I have two questions on Mashrafee Mortaza:

1-Though taking two early wickets he had a very high economy rate (7.1!), what's the reason for it?

His stats were quite misleading and people who missed the game will be deceived by it.

Mash started like this: 6 2 9 2. Amazing isn't it. Absolutely dominating.

When he came in at the end they had wickets left with 8 overs to go and they were free swinging the bats. At least twice the ball hit the inside edge of the bats and missed the wickets by inches and went for 4s. A couple of more 4s from the misfielding.

He had some bad lucks that the stats won't say.

The guy who mostly cost us the game was Taposh. He undid the great start my Mash and Russel and gave them the momentum back to bat comfortably.

Spitfire_x86
February 25, 2006, 09:39 AM
(nods)

I think his 7th over really demoralized him.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 2:39 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

fwullah
February 25, 2006, 09:39 AM
(I also didn't see the first part of the match)

There were misfieldings? How many of misfieldings did we do?

Did Mashrafee try to bowl blockhole balls? Did he bowl any yorkers? Has he learnt to bowl the slower ball?

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
(I also didn't see the first part of the match)

There were misfieldings? How many of misfieldings did we do?

Did Mashrafee try to bowl blockhole balls? Did he bowl any yorkers? Has he learnt to bowl the slower ball?

He was doing everything and bits of unlucky as SL batters mistimed couple of shots but still got 4 behind the wickets. Lots of 4 came from that region too.

Also I will blame our Captain not to change him when he saw Mash was suffering with his bowling at that stage.

BanglaCool
February 25, 2006, 09:59 AM
There were 4 fours by french/chinese cuts from Masri's overs. Other than that batsmen took chances.

Xavier
February 25, 2006, 10:42 AM
As the news is reported that Mashrafee will be rested for the test series I think his troubles with his back could be explanation for the dramatic worsening of his bowling in the 3rd ODI.
I think Mortaza should be rested time enough to make him definitely recover, otherwise BD could miss him for 2007 world cup!

sunniath
February 25, 2006, 12:48 PM
well,i think the fine leg should not have been up when masri bowled.most of the boundaries came from false shots that went through fine leg.if the fine leg was on the fence,all those boundaries would be singles or doubles.

shamster
February 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
With Mash rested hopefully Shahadat will shine !!

Bat-PadTogether
February 25, 2006, 08:51 PM
Rest him for couple of months.He really looked very ordinary in his last spell.

Ahmed_B
February 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
There were two very distinct segments of Mash's bowling in the ODI-3. Surely those are his 1st and 2nd spells. We know how much runs he gave away in each spell. But here are my observations(I watched both of the spells) on his reactions in both spells:

Spell-1
To be frank, he looked to be in his career-best form in this spell. He was in top control and his bowling was mostly uplayable! And with his wicket-taking success(which has always been not-so-good for him), he started to make me think that finally he has become a vicious destroyer! Both his economy and his strike-rate was superb in this 6-over spell.

Spell-2
He simply had far less control in this spell. His bowling was not as block-hole as it was in the first spell. Moreove, he looked very frustrated (which his very much unlike him) and soon lost patience and with every ball and every over.. he was going more and more ordinary.

Perhaps it had something to do his fitness after all. Maybe because he could not bowl accurately, he was highly frustrated. He really took on the SL bowlers in the BD batting innings and smashed them for few over-bounderies ... and that was like a pay-back to the smashing he got from the other side! :)