PDA

View Full Version : Masri out of the test series.

Cricket46
February 25, 2006, 09:42 AM
Wow, just as I was writing in another thread that we are one pace bowler short, I just read in cricketnext.com that Masri has been rested for the test series. Was this the plan? Is he hurt again? Of course Taposh is in and the bowling really looks short.

Mushfiqur Rahim is in. Were people already aware of this?

See the link: http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/next/reutersfeb06/reuters093.htm

Spitfire_x86
February 25, 2006, 09:48 AM
There goes our hope of doing well against inexperienced Srilankan batting lineup :(

fwullah
February 25, 2006, 09:51 AM
Rested, or are we more serious about winning the ODI series vs. Kenya than the test series vs. SL, knowing it fully well that one individual player won't be able to do anything special, especially our best pace bowler Mashrafee?

Mr-khan
February 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
I knew it before.Mashrafee was injured before this series and selectors wanted to give him rest before the Home series against Australia.But he will be playing in second test.But i am happy because Mushfiqur is back again.:lol:

fwullah
February 25, 2006, 09:53 AM
On another note, I think I may have read it before the start of the ODI series against Sri Lanka on papers that Mashrafee was not 100% fit in the first place to play in the 5-day matches, even though he's fit to bowl in the 1-day series? Can anyone recall or confirm this?

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 09:53 AM
Can not be true unless he is injured again?

Mr-khan
February 25, 2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
On another note, I think I may have read it before the start of the ODI series against Sri Lanka on papers that Mashrafee was not 100% fit in the first place to play in the 5-day matches, even though he's fit to bowl in the 1-day series? Can anyone recall or confirm this?
Well.he is fit but selectors dont want to take any risk.So he is not in the first test squad.But he will be back in 2nd test.

CricTiger
February 25, 2006, 10:04 AM
As per our team physio he is not that fit for bowling 10/15 over per day. Wow! what a news. When will he be able to play again in the Test who knows?

pagol-chagol
February 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Rested, or are we more serious about winning the ODI series vs. Kenya than the test series vs. SL, knowing it fully well that one individual player won't be able to do anything special, especially our best pace bowler Mashrafee?

Makes sense. He just recovered from an injury and face it, Kenya series is too important for many reasons. The selectors are intelligent.

Cricket46
February 25, 2006, 10:20 AM
But if you read the link Mr-Khan you will see the following:

Fast bowler Mashrafe Mortaza is to be rested and misses the series.

Ofcourse, I don't have any more information on this.

aosaif
February 25, 2006, 10:27 AM
the series?......surely only the 1st test right!?!

SMHasan
February 25, 2006, 10:32 AM
Just got back from work and what a pathetic news- we won't have 'Pagla' for the test series. Its a huge blow for us because we expected thtat he would pose some threats for the lankans in the tests. Still its better if he comes back for the 2nd test. We will miss him.

Cricket46
February 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
That is what the link said. What will happen in reality, I don't know. I partly understand the strategy, like some people have suggested here in terms of the season. But I can't see how this current group of bowlers can get Sri Lanka out modestly in an innings, let alone both innings. One good bowler cannot make tremendous difference, but sometimes it raises the tempo of the others. If I may, Shoaib Akhtar is to Pakistan what Masri is to Bangladesh. These players also motivate the team.

Bottomline is ofcourse that I don't know the whole story.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2006, 11:48 AM
NTV just showed that Shahadat, Enam Jr, Mushfiq in. Mash Rana Razzaq out.

Hatebreed
February 25, 2006, 11:58 AM
That sux... then who's gonna bowl in the entire 'TEST' series?

esteban_loaiza
February 25, 2006, 12:02 PM
good decision.......

Ahmed_B
February 25, 2006, 01:19 PM
Let's wait for a confirmed news about Masree. Unless he is quite injured... I don't think selectors will drop him. We hardly have any replacement for him... and without him, we are surely gonna have a substandard test series again.

reverse_swing
February 25, 2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Let's wait for a confirmed news about Masree. Unless he is quite injured... I don't think selectors will drop him. We hardly have any replacement for him... and without him, we are surely gonna have a substandard test series again.

No need for confirmation. His fitness level is still not up to the mark.Selectors announced that well before this SL series.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 6:24 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Spitfire_x86
February 25, 2006, 01:22 PM
The news is all over the place. Cricinfo, Daily Star, BDKhela reports had same information

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 6:23 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

Ahmed_B
February 25, 2006, 01:29 PM
...well... if it is true, then I just half the interest of following the Test series already..

reverse_swing
February 25, 2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
The news is all over the place. Cricinfo, Daily Star, BDKhela reports had same information

Also Faruq gave a hint last month that he will play ODI only.

Spitfire_x86
February 25, 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
...well... if it is true, then I just half the interest of following the Test series already..
Me, too. Jayasuria is going back, leaving the SL batting lineup even more inexperienced. It was a good chance for us to put up a good fight.

nannu
February 25, 2006, 01:53 PM
enam in i am glad but mash in rest ? why he didnt played even a week during the entire league.

Ejaj
February 25, 2006, 07:17 PM
Bad news indeed.. worst.. coz.. Taposh will be playing in the match..................... Damn!!

mahrookh
February 25, 2006, 07:26 PM
Great Choice by the Selectors . We need to win all the matches against kenya by big margins . Selectors do give the rests to the BD players now a days :) wow ! what a feeling :) Seems like we are the teams like Australia & India now a days :)

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 12:45 AM GMT, by mahrookh.

Bat-PadTogether
February 25, 2006, 08:42 PM
Dont forget Mashrafee has both knees operated for his injury.Just wondering how long he will stay for our team!Iam glad that he has been given rest.

rafiq
February 26, 2006, 03:06 PM
Chacha the journalist...gotta love it!

Sounds like a lot of rumours on when and where we will seem Masri next... is he playing Australia in ODIs and not tests?

I don't think we will need Mashrafee to beat Kenya....:cool:

TheWatcher
February 26, 2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
I don't think we will need Mashrafee to beat Kenya....:cool:
May be you are right, but remember that we may slip back into eleventh position in ODI ranking if we lose even a single match against Kenya. It is better to be safe than be sorry.

RazabQ
February 26, 2006, 06:51 PM
Prothom Alo states that Masree has not been certified for 5-day cricket by physio Paul Close on account of the ongoing recovery from back injury